PDA

View Full Version : P2p Appears To Be A Rapist Paradise

Disenfranchised
06-19-2004, 11:18 PM
[FONT=Times]Irecently decided to share 2600 plus mp3 files. I'm now using Kazza Lite and Kazaa lite ++ that "My Music .com" ripped me off for $25 or so. I recently downloaded emule and both programs sownload at 1 to 25 volume.

If anyone can convince me this isn't like a Bush Tax cut - Surprize me!

Tikibonbon
06-19-2004, 11:22 PM
As long as there are people who will let others scam them, the others will exist.

3rd gen noob
06-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Who cares? If you're stupid, you'll pay for it.

RGX
06-19-2004, 11:44 PM
We can't do anything about it, sites like this are set up to combat profit from filesharing, depite the ads, we are campaigning to find different ones but we need them for income to keep the site running.

Oh and you might not want to type in big red letters, doesn't bring any more attention to the post. :)

Disenfranchised
06-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by RGX@19 June 2004 - 23:52
We can't do anything about it, sites like this are set up to combat profit from filesharing, depite the ads, we are campaigning to find different ones but we need them for income to keep the site running.

Oh and you might not want to type in big red letters, doesn't bring any more attention to the post. :)
B) Well maybe but It's too sad I was ignorant when I engaged in this, somehow I'm still inclined to share files but don't see that others are inclined to be little more than leechs.

3rd gen noob & Tikibonbon seem happy to suck! Else way it's be easier to download at reasonable rates. :(

GHOST 1337
06-20-2004, 02:31 AM
Disenfranchised, nextime dont be a jackass ;)

GepperRankins
06-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Disenfranchised+20 June 2004 - 00:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Disenfranchised @ 20 June 2004 - 00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@19 June 2004 - 23:52
We can&#39;t do anything about it, sites like this are set up to combat profit from filesharing, depite the ads, we are campaigning to find different ones but we need them for income to keep the site running.

Oh and you might not want to type in big red letters, doesn&#39;t bring any more attention to the post. :)
B) Well maybe but It&#39;s too sad I was ignorant when I engaged in this, somehow I&#39;m still inclined to share files but don&#39;t see that others are inclined to be little more than leechs.

3rd gen noob & Tikibonbon seem happy to suck&#33; Else way it&#39;s be easier to download at reasonable rates. :( [/b][/quote]
the moral of the story is. you never have to pay for software ;)

just donate if they deserve it. (thats not just shareware, i mean if you thiink the games good pay for it :) )

RGX
06-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by GepperRankins+20 June 2004 - 02:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GepperRankins @ 20 June 2004 - 02:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Disenfranchised@20 June 2004 - 00:31
<!--QuoteBegin-RGX@19 June 2004 - 23:52
We can&#39;t do anything about it, sites like this are set up to combat profit from filesharing, depite the ads, we are campaigning to find different ones but we need them for income to keep the site running.

Oh and you might not want to type in big red letters, doesn&#39;t bring any more attention to the post. :)
B) Well maybe but It&#39;s too sad I was ignorant when I engaged in this, somehow I&#39;m still inclined to share files but don&#39;t see that others are inclined to be little more than leechs.

3rd gen noob & Tikibonbon seem happy to suck&#33; Else way it&#39;s be easier to download at reasonable rates. :(
the moral of the story is. you never have to pay for software ;)

just donate if they deserve it. (thats not just shareware, i mean if you thiink the games good pay for it :) ) [/b][/quote]
Thats what I go by, I am currently resisting the urge to download the new Velvet Revolver album because I want to support the band. No money though. :(

DRACOJOE2
06-20-2004, 01:07 PM
RGX don&#39;t bother downloading the whole velvet revolver cd because it only has two good songs on it. They are #6-Fall To Pieces and #11 slither. The rest is mostly filler. :pirate:

Sparkle1984
06-20-2004, 06:49 PM
I don&#39;t think they&#39;re stupid, just unaware. They might not know k-lite is free.

Tikibonbon
06-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Disenfranchised@20 June 2004 - 00:31
3rd gen noob & Tikibonbon seem happy to suck&#33; Else way it&#39;s be easier to download at reasonable rates. :(
Please inform me exactly how you come to this statement?

I posted nothing but the truth.

Do you deny that people will continue to scam others as long as people fall for it?

Alex H
06-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Hey, there&#39;s one born every minute right?

Whats with the "Rapist Paradise" title BTW?

Sparkle1984
06-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Why can&#39;t you have sympathy for people? I don&#39;t go round expecting everyone on this forum to have a degree in computing science, so they may not realise that the programs are available for free.

Those evil scam sites always seem to look very professional, so it&#39;s understandable that some people are sucked in by them.
The phrase "rapist&#39;s paradise" means that the p2p world is full of people trying to rip-off others.

james_bond_rulez
06-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Disenfranchised@19 June 2004 - 15:26
[FONT=Times]Irecently decided to share 2600 plus mp3 files. I&#39;m now using Kazza Lite and Kazaa lite ++ that "My Music .com" ripped me off for &#036;25 or so. I recently downloaded emule and both programs sownload at 1 to 25 volume.

If anyone can convince me this isn&#39;t like a Bush Tax cut - Surprize me&#33;
o dear anotha kazaa nub... :rolleyes:

Sparkle1984
06-22-2004, 07:43 PM
I just wish people would stop sneering all the time, that&#39;s all. We were all younger once, and did wrong things in the past. As they get older, they will learn more and not be so easily sucked in by scams.

longboneslinger
06-25-2004, 12:13 AM
I just wish people would stop sneering all the time, that&#39;s all. We were all younger once, and did wrong things in the past. As they get older, they will learn more and not be so easily sucked in by scams.

Too True, sparkle. Hell, it&#39;s not like we were born computer literate. Think back to the day when you didn&#39;t know shit bout comps or the net. How would you have liked being called a "dumb noob" for asking a question. There are few if any dumb questions.

Have the decency to treat people with respect. If someone is so damn cynical or egotistical that they can&#39;t stop sneering then do us all a favor and STFU. If you have the time to sneer, you have the time to help. Joking is one thing, but these folks, noobs or not, have feelings. After all, I get enough BS in life. I don&#39;t want to get on the net, go through the trouble of creating and account here, logging in, creating a thread, and asking my question just to hear some asshole give me some stupid &#39;yer a noob&#39; answer.

In short: Is it so much to ask that someone can just answer the fecking question without the smartass BS?

Later taters,
BoNe

muchspl2
06-25-2004, 12:55 AM
I disagree, if you don&#39;t like it leave, I mean come on we all got it here when we came here, in fact this forum was great because of the constance flaming
too bad pussy&#39;s like you ruined it

Alex H
06-25-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@22 June 2004 - 14:24
The phrase "rapist&#39;s paradise" means that the p2p world is full of people trying to rip-off others.
The rest of the world ain&#39;t much better. :D

Oh well - sorry noobs, we&#39;ll try to play nicer. :D

Sparkle1984
06-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@25 June 2004 - 01:03
I disagree, if you don&#39;t like it leave, I mean come on we all got it here when we came here, in fact this forum was great because of the constance flaming
too bad pussy&#39;s like you ruined it
:angry: So you like flaming, eh? So why don&#39;t you go and set up your own forum then, if you don&#39;t want to help people here, and then you&#39;ll be able to do what you want?

There&#39;s no way I&#39;m ever going to leave&#33;
I am very dedicated to this community - I try to help with questions when I know the answers, I have my own K-Lite file mirror, I have hundreds of files up for grabs on the various filesharing networks. I don&#39;t do this for nutters like you to call me a pussy&#33;&#33; :angry: :flame: And hopefully one day you will learn that it&#39;s not good to be a self-righteous jerk all of the time.

Close this topic now, before it gets any worse&#33;&#33;

muchspl2
06-25-2004, 05:44 PM
STFU & GTFU ----------------------&#62;

http://members.cox.net/damov/ArnoldTalkhand2.gif

Sparkle1984
06-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@25 June 2004 - 17:52
STFU & GTFU ----------------------&#62;

http://members.cox.net/damov/ArnoldTalkhand2.gif
AHOY ARNIE&#33;&#33; :lol:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks3.jpg

longboneslinger
06-27-2004, 04:19 PM
in fact this forum was great because of the constance flaming

Oh God, please spare me.......... Jerks like to flame. Small ego&#39;s require it, gotta build up that old self worth somehow. Can&#39;t do it anyother way? By definition a loser and a self-rightious asshole. Make &10 mill a day? So what? Life is about helping others. This is a test, and only a test. Personally, I don&#39;t mean to fail.

COme on, muchspl, flaming is ok when warrented. I&#39;ve done it. But flaming nOObs is like picking on kids. We should be to adult for that childish behavior. Have some compassion. Was there neve a point in your life that you needed help? If all you got were "That&#39;s a stupid question&#33;" or "You stupid nOOb&#33;" how would you have fealt. Maybe you did and that&#39;s why you like to flame. If it happened, sorry dude. Get over it and move on. Sorry for singling you out, muchspl, but you were the most vocal. You have long history of helping others. Why just help some?

Just remember, there&#39;s no such thing as &#39;self made&#39;. We all had help. We all need help occasionally. Helping others does not make one a pussy. Nor does defending others. It&#39;s easy to flame. It&#39;s hard to take the time out of a busy schedule to help out. It&#39;s even harder to stand up for someone and do whats right. Especially if you don&#39;t even know the person your helping. Standing by and watching is the same as doing it. You abbetted. Remember my motto-"You&#39;re either part of the problem or part of the solution&#33; Choose&#33;&#39; Life is the ultimate team sport. We might not work together but we can damn sure fail together.

I don&#39;t mean to be harsh, but life is hard so learn to adjust. If I pissed someone off, oh well. I didn&#39;t mean to but the truth hurts sometimes. They&#39;ll get over it.

To give help to others is to sacrifice ones time and energy with no payment expected.

Best wishes to all, and I mean all,
BoNe

PS-Just remember, what goes around comes around...........

I_Like_Shorts
07-18-2004, 08:51 AM
My favorite idiots are those that head down to BestBuy and purchase a "pop-up ad blocker" or something along those lines of software that you can legally pick up free off the net. :lol:

RealitY
07-18-2004, 09:14 AM
Gothcha...
:o :o

muchspl2
07-19-2004, 01:01 AM
I help as much as much as I can, but if someone does something stupid i will call them out on it
why should I mommy them, they will never understand if everyone spoon feeds them their entire life

Afronaut
07-19-2004, 11:26 AM
The noob bashing and the flaming is not allowed here.

Regardless if ppl thinks its teh funneh or teh right thing to do.
It says in the rules:

There will be no racial, ethnic, or gender based insults or any other discriminatory comments or content.

The Lounge is just about the only place where little flamings etc.
is going on without much of moderation, and that is if it is considered
friendly or funny. Or if its not Reported.

If someone thinks the flaming/noob bashing is really kewl/hawt,
personally I suggest they take a look on other forums,
check the genmay for example. You&#39;d get less hassle from the Mods etc.

And in the end, if there is a problem, Report it.

:)

Im closing this as it is heading off topic and it is what i consider, flaming.