PDA

View Full Version : Freezing

jamieorr
06-20-2004, 11:00 PM
In the past couple of weeks my Kazaa Lite K++ has been fezzing alot. I am using a computer that is not even a year old, it has 256 megs of ram and a 2 ghz processor, I don't think the problem is running to many programs at once because usually I only have Kazaa, MSN, Internet explorer open. There have been occasions when as soon as Kazaa opens it freezes and I need to restart my computer, any ideas of why it is constantly freezing?

oldjagman
06-21-2004, 05:06 PM
No! But your best bet is to uninstall Klite and re-install remembering to check the remove all old stuff option.

Oh, and make sure your shared folder is safe beforehand as it has been known for it to be deleted when you uninstall some versions.

Autumn Fox
06-21-2004, 11:14 PM
This may happen when a .dat file or .ddb files get corrupted. Do as stated above. If the problem remains check which .dat is corrupted by taking them all out and placing one by another (or in groups) into the "MY Shared Folder" folder, if it's corrupted K-Lite will crash. So delete it. Ah yes, you must restart K-Lite after puting a .dat into the mentioned folder in order to get it enlisted by K-Lite.

orcutt989
06-22-2004, 05:06 PM
You could have lots of spyware, or malware programs running in your background? What OS are you using? Windows Xp? If so then just press "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" and close programs that Winxp will let you. Or if you can't close them, get a spyware program like Adaware or Spysweeper. (get both)