PDA

View Full Version : Restarting Download

adesfaulk
06-21-2004, 03:22 PM
OK, I had nearly finished dwnlding a film when the power suddenly went off. After restarting my pc, I tried to restart the dwnld but couldn't, and had to start again!
How do you restart dwnlding a torrent after a shut down?

threelions00
06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
well usually if it is the same file and you are using something from w*w.suprnova.org, just save it to the same place you had before and it should check the existing data then start downloading again. Just make sure it is the same file. for example if it was farcry.dvd, select that exact one and not something like farcry.deviance

typingsux
06-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by threelions00@21 June 2004 - 16:13
well usually if it is the same file and you are using something from w*w.suprnova.org, just save it to the same place you had before and it should check the existing data then start downloading again. Just make sure it is the same file. for example if it was farcry.dvd, select that exact one and not something like farcry.deviance
What he said.

I've restarted a bunch no problem

rf9rider
06-22-2004, 05:01 AM
It might help you in the future when you start to d/l a file, right click it, save it to youre desktop, then if you have to re-start the d/l, just click the file on youre desktop to restart it.
I use ABC which saves the file so you just have to restart ABC which automatically resumes the d/l.

bilko
06-22-2004, 09:10 AM
god bless abc.......has it finished checking exisiting data yet?