PDA

View Full Version : Any Males Here.........

JONNO_CELEBS
06-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Ever had a hernia operation?

Was talking to a guy the other day about them, he had his done thru lifting stuff and litterally bust his gut, this is apposed to the one caused by drinking which another mate had and he looked like something out of Aliens :ph34r:

Just wondering if any you guys had one? :)
How did you find it? Painful? How long were you off work? :)

Jonno B)

100%
06-22-2004, 12:20 PM
i was 3yrs old, hurt like shit, the operation was worse.

JONNO_CELEBS
06-22-2004, 12:22 PM
Ok let me rephrase :rolleyes:

Any Males here had it done who were older than 18? :rolleyes:

Jonno B)

Yogi
06-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 June 2004 - 14:30
Ok let me rephrase :rolleyes:

Any Males here had it done who were older than 18? :rolleyes:

Jonno B)
I had two ,Jonno......

One when i was 19; three weeks in the hospital with heaps of opium..... :P

Second one 5 years ago; 5 days in hospital.........

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/poeper-rug.jpg

Yogi

Edit: added pic of scars.............

Voetsek
06-22-2004, 12:53 PM
No working on heart attack

JONNO_CELEBS
06-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks Yogi, now I feel much better :ph34r:

Jonno B)

benxuk
06-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Why? Have you got one?

Women get them to right?

JONNO_CELEBS
06-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Yes I have got one :(
And yes women get them too but it's different, dunno about women but I'm sure it does'nt make their nuts ache like someone just flicked one :ph34r: :lol:

Cept maybe that bird/bloke in Big Brother :lol:

Jonno B)

Yogi
06-22-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 June 2004 - 15:09
Thanks Yogi, now I feel much better :ph34r:

Jonno B)
You're welcome.But why did you want to know..???

Btw.i am still off work and will be the rest of my life!!! :01: (apart from the wee

tunes i produce......... :P )

Yogi

benxuk
06-22-2004, 01:14 PM
:x

Nuts, right, yer....

A mate of mine had one from, I can only assume drink, cus' he don't do a lot of
lifting, he's a machine op. at the local drinks factory so he mainly sleeps...

He didn't make a fuss about his, a small handful of days in hospital - i'd get
numbers but he's at work.

JONNO_CELEBS
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM
@Yogi.........Read above :)

@Ben........I got mine thru lifting, trying to be the hero I turned over a 1.25 ton boat and felt it pop, litterally "Bust a gut" , doc said I'll be in and out of Hospital the same day, but does'nt know how long off work, and no one will let me lift anything :angry: I now know what it's like to be pregnant or get old :(

Jonno B)

Yogi
06-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 June 2004 - 15:28
@Yogi.........Read above :)

@Ben........I got mine thru lifting, trying to be the hero I turned over a 1.25 ton boat and felt it pop, litterally "Bust a gut" , doc said I'll be in and out of Hospital the same day, but does'nt know how long off work, and no one will let me lift anything :angry: I now know what it's like to be pregnant or get old :(

Jonno B)
The hernia's i talked about were the back-ones..........

JONNO_CELEBS
06-22-2004, 01:37 PM
Nah, mines front, just above my penis :ph34r:
The one they used to hold ya nads to test :lol:

Jonno B)

benxuk
06-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 June 2004 - 13:28
I now know what it's like to be pregnant or get old :(

Jonno B)
'cus you smell of piss and biscuits? Or your breasts are growing?

What you doin' turning boats over anyway?

JONNO_CELEBS
06-22-2004, 02:10 PM
'cus you smell of piss and biscuits? Or your breasts are growing?

Cos people wont let me lift anything <_<

What you doin&#39; turning boats over anyway?

Had to repair the bottom of my boat :)

Jonno B)

benxuk
06-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Oh, so not like a "hero" to the people then, more to yourself... oh well&#33;

Oh remember them bike theives <_<

They came back last night, heres a grab of teh video...

Image Resized
[img]http://www.x-bite.co.uk/webcams/rob1.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://www.x-bite.co.uk/webcams/rob1.jpg')

I&#39;m putting the other 2 cameras up tonight, I need a better shot than this...

They ran off btw. :01:

JONNO_CELEBS
06-22-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeah, when I say being "The Hero" I mean being big headed as usual and this time I learnt my lesson I guess :( :rolleyes:

As for them Tea leafs, you should smear some grease or something nasty over anything they might touch, that&#39;ll put them off :01: :D

Trust me, I&#39;ve done it myself to that sort :D

Jonno B)

benxuk
06-22-2004, 02:40 PM
I&#39;m opting for a parallel arrangement of capacitor discharge circuits, similair to
that of a flash camera, a nasty multiple of 10,000v shocks after a video
close-up of there face&#39;s should keep them at bay...

Anybody else got any painful suggestions :01:

bujub22
06-22-2004, 03:26 PM
:( mu uncle still has his hernia and it&#39;s nasty cuz it&#39;s like a big outy belly button
his sisters been telling him for yrs to have it removed but he dont want to do it&#33;

one day he&#39;s gone to keel over riding a bike cuz that&#39;s how he got it ,cuz hes a mountain bike racer and gone up big hills is what did it to him :(

wonder hows he done should call him up?

Voetsek
06-22-2004, 08:31 PM
That sounds nasty

Rat Faced
06-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@22 June 2004 - 13:45
Nah, mines front, just above my penis :ph34r:
The one they used to hold ya nads to test :lol:

Jonno B)
I had one of those, very painful. Mine was above and to the right, so i couldnt walk properly without lotsa pain :(

Its a postcode as to how long you have in Hospital.

I was booked in for 9.00am for the operation and should have went home the same day, but i reacted to the knock out Juice so i was kept in for 3 days... thats in Newcastle... I hear that further South your in Hospital for 3-4 days anyway.

Only hard and fast rule is they wont let you go until you&#39;ve passed water...

Was off work for 3 month in total, mostly before the op... But its rather tender for a couple of month afterwards, i wouldnt have gone back so quick if i had a manual job...but as a desk jockey, it was easier working than keeping the kids from climbing on me :ph34r:

TheRealDave
06-22-2004, 10:35 PM
wtf is it :blink:

JONNO_CELEBS
06-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Thanks RF, that makes me feel a whole lot better :lol:
Mine is right side too, although just aches most of the time, I can handle it atm :)
Altho I gotta wait 3-4 months to get a date for the op <_< So realistically it might not be this year <_<
It&#39;s horrible, no one will let me lift anything or do anything (not that that stops me, I just get ear ache :lol: ) But I always been the "Ox" for want of a better term, move anything, lift anything kinda stuff you know? :)
Now I&#39;m getting women take heavy things off me :angry:
Thats baaaaaaaaaaaad&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:
Always been a "Ladies first" kinda guy , don&#39;t let women lift heavy stuff etc etc :)
Thats what is actually pissing me off more than the pain :angry:

Doc said same day release with Local sleep juice (can&#39;t spell anesthetic) and 2-3 weeks off work, but no lifting for 2 months min <_<

@TRD.......A hernia is where you guts come thru your stomach wall :ph34r:

Jonno B)

Rat Faced
06-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Theres a shortcut i found....

You have to wait 3-4 months for a Consultants appt, then he sets a date for the op...

OR

You can pay for a private consultant (In my case it turned out to be same guy ffs)...just took 1 week to get the appt, instead of months.

Total cost: £60 for the Consultation.

The Op was still on NHS...however I cut out about 4 months waiting.

Oh yeah.... LIMP and winse when you go in, whether it hurts or not, its one of the things they&#39;re looking at to set priority for the op ;)

TheRealDave
06-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@23 June 2004 - 01:38
Thanks RF, that makes me feel a whole lot better :lol:
Mine is right side too, although just aches most of the time, I can handle it atm :)
Altho I gotta wait 3-4 months to get a date for the op <_< So realistically it might not be this year <_<
It&#39;s horrible, no one will let me lift anything or do anything (not that that stops me, I just get ear ache :lol: ) But I always been the "Ox" for want of a better term, move anything, lift anything kinda stuff you know? :)
Now I&#39;m getting women take heavy things off me :angry:
Thats baaaaaaaaaaaad&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry:
Always been a "Ladies first" kinda guy , don&#39;t let women lift heavy stuff etc etc :)
Thats what is actually pissing me off more than the pain :angry:

Doc said same day release with Local sleep juice (can&#39;t spell anesthetic) and 2-3 weeks off work, but no lifting for 2 months min <_<

@TRD.......A hernia is where you guts come thru your stomach wall :ph34r:

Jonno B)
damn i hope it doesn&#39;t happen to me, guess it must be really painful? :unsure:

Spicker
06-24-2004, 07:26 PM
just thinking about it making me sick... :unsure:

lol for me a appendix was painful&#33; :lol:

dam i didnt even noe wt hernia was until today :lol:

wt do u mean ur "GUTS" come out the stocmach wall :blink:
got a pic? :unsure: :huh:

DanB
06-24-2004, 07:27 PM
8 mins till the football :D

Rat Faced
06-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5@24 June 2004 - 19:34

wt do u mean ur "GUTS" come out the stocmach wall&nbsp; :blink:

Part of your Intestine is forced through the Muscle Groups and are effectively nipped into place by the other Muscles around them.

How painful it is depends upon how much of the Intestine is involved, which Muscle Groups and the Location of the Hernia.

A Hernia is most painful in Lower Stomach, to one side like Jonno has (and myself had) as the Muscles are constantly in Motion when you walk, and so they are constantly pulling and nipping the Intestine.

How much pain, again depends upon how much Intestine is involved....mine was sticking out about 2 inches...was like a 2nd cawk :ph34r:

http://www.tusalud.com.mx/images/hernia.jpg

JONNO_CELEBS
06-24-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by jaigandhi5@24 June 2004 - 19:34

wt do u mean ur "GUTS" come out the stocmach wall&nbsp; :blink:
got a pic?&nbsp; :unsure:&nbsp; :huh:
You have a stomach wall, it holds in your guts, mine is broke :rolleyes:
Like a ballon filled with Jelly that splits :)

@Dan........Just has "Gooooo Portugal" :01:

@RF..........Thats what I said :lol: And yeah, pain when you walk, laugh, cough , sneeze, lift, bend over and sometimes when arroused :( Feels like a pulled muscle in my stomach and someone has thrown a coin at my right nad :ph34r:

Jonno B)

Spicker
06-24-2004, 08:27 PM
whoa cool :o (not)
i hope i never get hernia... btw how do u get hernia? lifting heavy stuff? (boats :lol: )

FC man good luck hopefully u can get the op sooner...

but look on the bright side... :rolleyes: no need to work for awhile maybe get some hot ladies to help u out (ladies feel sorry for disabled ppl or ppl with painful injuries)... also make sure u chek out the hospital first for the nurses and see how they look like :lol:

:)

JONNO_CELEBS
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
FC man good luck hopefully u can get the op sooner...

:blink: Ok :lol:

You get different hernia&#39;s from different things, I got mine from lifting a boat, a friend got one further up his stomach thru drinking (12 tins special brew per day) :x

Jonno B)