PDA

View Full Version : Pm Message

TheRealDave
06-22-2004, 03:49 PM
i got a email saying that a member had sent me a pm, i looked on the forum and it said 1 new message. i clicked it and it said no messages in the inbox and the link in the email doesn't work... wtf is going on? lol

Originally posted by the email
TheRealDave,

Illuminati has sent you a new personal message entitled "Hey Dave".

You can read this personal message by following the link below:

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=M...=in&MSID=159045 (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=03&VID=in&MSID=159045)

Regards,

The KL Board team.
http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php

TheRealDave
06-22-2004, 07:20 PM
ummm, anyone? :unsure:

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Ask Illuminati, The.

TheRealDave
06-22-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by J'Pol@22 June 2004 - 19:44
Ask Illuminati, The.
good idea :lol:

hungrylilboy
06-22-2004, 09:33 PM
i get that everytime, or asking me to sign in. I think its due to how hotmail opens email links within hotmail still, thus making other sites not be able to read cookies which produces these errors.

i normally delete the email and go to the site normally

TheRealDave
06-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by hungrylilboy@22 June 2004 - 21:41
i get that everytime, or asking me to sign in. I think its due to how hotmail opens email links within hotmail still, thus making other sites not be able to read cookies which produces these errors.

i normally delete the email and go to the site normally
thats what i did, i didnt open the pm throught hotmail.. the message just vanished :blink:

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 09:51 PM
I got my Daves confused and actually sent a message I wrote to the wrong one. :wacko:

As I realised I sent it to the wrong person, I activated the remote self-destruct which destroyed the message but not the email notification. Sorry for the inconvienience on TheRealDave's part, but it was nothing to worry about :)

(As a side note, why the fuck do some people insist on bringing PM-related things to the board instead of privately PMing the person in question? :rolleyes:)

hungrylilboy
06-22-2004, 09:53 PM
lol the poor bastard was getting all excited! thinking he had something interesting to read! awwww :P

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 22:59

(As a side note, why the fuck do some people insist on bringing PM-related things to the board instead of privately PMing the person in question? :rolleyes:)
That's a bit harsh. It was your feck up.

Maybe he tried to deal with it in PM and sent it to the wrong Illuminati :P

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+22 June 2004 - 23:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 22 June 2004 - 23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 22:59

That&#39;s a bit harsh. It was your feck up.

Maybe he tried to deal with it in PM and sent it to the wrong Illuminati :P [/b][/quote]
Of course it was my feck up and this confusion was my fault as a result. What I was doing was a question to those who feel that they can get a better response by bringing it to the public domain to make a big deal instead of talking about it in private. I know it was a little harsh as Dave did make a genuine mistake, it seemed relevant to ask it ;)

As for the wrong Illuminati, it could happen - I wonder how many people could spell it without looking at the word beforehand ;)

EDIT: I&#39;d best explain about the PM anyway as well as some people bitched about the subject before - The reason why I was trying to PM the member formerly known as TheDave was because some of the logs with 7th leftover from the topic contained discussions about him, and I was going to hand him my copy of those logs to do what he wanted, to either delete them or post them himself.

That was also why I had preferred to have kept this private instead of being put in a public area - Happy?

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+22 June 2004 - 23:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 22 June 2004 - 23:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 23:06
<!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 22:59

That&#39;s a bit harsh. It was your feck up.

Maybe he tried to deal with it in PM and sent it to the wrong Illuminati :P
Of course it was my feck up and this confusion was my fault as a result. What I was doing was a question to those who feel that they can get a better response by bringing it to the public domain to make a big deal instead of talking about it in private. I know it was a little harsh as Dave did make a genuine mistake, it seemed relevant to ask it ;)

As for the wrong Illuminati, it could happen - I wonder how many people could spell it without looking at the word beforehand ;)

EDIT: I&#39;d best explain about the PM anyway as well as some people bitched about the subject before - The reason why I was trying to PM the member formerly known as TheDave was because some of the logs with 7th leftover from the topic contained discussions about him, and I was going to hand him my copy of those logs to do what he wanted, to either delete them or post them himself.

That was also why I had preferred to have kept this private instead of being put in a public area - Happy? [/b][/quote]
Ecstatic, you.

It was your mistake, so why are you getting at The. Leave the chap alone, he is an innocent bystander. He is not the one who was talking about chaps behind their back and making plots with admin to make the members look foolish.

TheRealDave
06-22-2004, 10:27 PM
i&#39;m not bothered what the message said, i only mentioned it because it vanished :P

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 23:23
It was your mistake, so why are you getting at The. Leave the chap alone, he is an innocent bystander. He is not the one who was talking about chaps behind their back and making plots with admin to make the members look foolish.
Of course - I apologise to TheRealDave.

However you weren&#39;t really in a position to talk about behind backs - You weren&#39;t completely honest with everyone on the board when 7th was here either. <_<

If you have a problem with what I&#39;m not proud off, tell it to my face - in a private PM if you want. Otherwise, stop with the sniping you&#39;ve been doing since I confessed on doing the dirty - I&#39;d rather you had the balls to say what you want to say to me rather than making bitchy comments whenever the issue comes up <_< It&#39;s making me see you less pedantic and more of an arsehole.

EDIT: And before anyone says, yes I&#39;m on edge tonight - I&#39;ve got a fecking bad head cold and my head is scrambled. I&#39;m not feeling myself tonight and I haven&#39;t got the best temper today. :angry: So I&#39;m sorry if I offend anyone tonight :(

tesco
06-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 17:15

That was also why I had preferred to have kept this private instead of being put in a public area - Happy?
Your the one that posted the PM&#39;s contents publically :rolleyes:

how do u make a message self destruct? :blink:

TheRealDave
06-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+22 June 2004 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 22 June 2004 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 17:15
EDIT: I&#39;d best explain about the PM anyway as well as some people bitched about the subject before - The reason why I was trying to PM the member formerly known as TheDave was because some of the logs with 7th leftover from the topic contained discussions about him, and I was going to hand him my copy of those logs to do what he wanted, to either delete them or post them himself.&nbsp;

how do u make a message self destruct? :blink: [/b][/quote]
dunno, ask spam^4... tht shit aint funny <_<

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+22 June 2004 - 23:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 22 June 2004 - 23:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 23:23

However you weren&#39;t really in a position to talk about behind backs - You weren&#39;t completely honest with everyone on the board when 7th was here either. <_<

If you have a problem with what I&#39;m not proud off, tell it to my face - in a private PM if you want. Otherwise, stop with the sniping you&#39;ve been doing since I confessed on doing the dirty - I&#39;d rather you had the balls to say what you want to say to me rather than making bitchy comments whenever the issue comes up <_< It&#39;s making me see you less pedantic and more of an arsehole.

EDIT: And before anyone says, yes I&#39;m on edge tonight - I&#39;ve got a fecking bad head cold and my head is scrambled. I&#39;m not feeling myself tonight and I haven&#39;t got the best temper today. :angry: So I&#39;m sorry if I offend anyone tonight :( [/b][/quote]
OK

You are a childish prick who sold your friends out because you were sycophantic to a fucking board admin.

You agreed to lie to your friends in order to ingratiate yourself to him. You actively went about supporting his deception, in fact you went as far as to make suggestions on how he should do it.

Is this clear enough, is this balls enough for you.

Please understand this if nothing else. I am pleased if you think I am an arsehole, because it means I am totally unlike you.

The worst thing is I like you. That is probably why I am so upset about this whole sorry fucking situation.

If you require any further details please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address.

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+22 June 2004 - 23:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 22 June 2004 - 23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 17:15
EDIT: I&#39;d best explain about the PM anyway as well as some people bitched about the subject before - The reason why I was trying to PM the member formerly known as TheDave was because some of the logs with 7th leftover from the topic contained discussions about him, and I was going to hand him my copy of those logs to do what he wanted, to either delete them or post them himself.&nbsp;

how do u make a message self destruct? :blink: [/b][/quote]
Good point, but it was in response in THAT topic where people said I should have asked people who were discussed in the logs about how I felt of their mentions in the logs. I disclosed the information to stop questions starting about what the PM said (doubt it would have took off anyway, but it was a precaution).

As for the self-destruct - My Controls, Control Panel, check any message that hasn&#39;t been read by the recipient and click delete. It&#39;ll only work if you set the message in question to be tracked (done by using the check boxes on the Compose Message page). Hope that was clear :unsure:

tesco
06-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+22 June 2004 - 17:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 22 June 2004 - 17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 June 2004 - 23:41
<!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 17:15

how do u make a message self destruct? :blink:
Good point, but it was in response in THAT topic where people said I should have asked people who were discussed in the logs about how I felt of their mentions in the logs. I disclosed the information to stop questions starting about what the PM said (doubt it would have took off anyway, but it was a precaution).

As for the self-destruct - My Controls, Control Panel, check any message that hasn&#39;t been read by the recipient and click delete. It&#39;ll only work if you set the message in question to be tracked (done by using the check boxes on the Compose Message page). Hope that was clear :unsure: [/b][/quote]
alright, thanks, il remember in the future :)

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+22 June 2004 - 23:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 22 June 2004 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 23:39
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 23:23

EDIT: And before anyone says, yes I&#39;m on edge tonight - I&#39;ve got a fecking bad head cold and my head is scrambled. I&#39;m not feeling myself tonight and I haven&#39;t got the best temper today. :angry: So I&#39;m sorry if I offend anyone tonight :(
OK

You are a childish prick who sold your friends out because you were sycophantic to a fucking board admin.

You agreed to lie to your friends in order to ingratiate yourself to him. You actively went about supporting his deception, in fact you went as far as to make suggestions on how he should do it.

Please understand this if nothing else. I am pleased if you think I am an arsehole, because it means I am totally unlike you.

The worst thing is I like you. That is probably why I am so upset about this whole sorry fucking situation.

If you require any further details please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address. [/b][/quote]
Fact is that none of that surprises me - THAT was the view I knew a lot of members took on me but only you had the balls to say it. To that, I&#39;m wish to thank you.

Before the whole thing with 7th, I always thought of us as friends. I knew that this thing with 7th was going to hurt a lot of people. It doesn&#39;t mean much to you I know, but I still like you as a friend and I apologise of what I did. But as I already said, I know it doesn&#39;t mean much :(

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati+22 June 2004 - 23:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 22 June 2004 - 23:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 23:48

Originally posted by Illuminati@22 June 2004 - 23:39
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 23:23

OK

If you require any further details please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address.
Fact is that none of that surprises me - THAT was the view I knew a lot of members took on me but only you had the balls to say it. To that, I&#39;m wish to thank you.

Before the whole thing with 7th, I always thought of us as friends. I knew that this thing with 7th was going to hurt a lot of people. It doesn&#39;t mean much to you I know, but I still like you as a friend and I apologise of what I did. But as I already said, I know it doesn&#39;t mean much :( [/b][/quote]
It means a lot mate.

I think more of you for having said that than you will ever know.

Cheers

PS now let&#39;s not get too huggy about the whole thing. We are northern men after all. Are you Scottish at all, if not please feel free to describe yourself as such.

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@23 June 2004 - 00:03
It means a lot mate.

I think more of you for having said that than you will ever know.

Cheers

PS now let&#39;s not get too huggy about the whole thing. We are northern men after all. Are you Scottish at all, if not please feel free to describe yourself as such.
Heh - Maybe talking in public actually does help sometimes :)

I think I know how much JP, because TBH I feel the same myself - We&#39;ve both intelligent, pedantic and recognise the fact that bullshit = bullshit no matter what shades it&#39;s called. Neither of us are the warm type (that&#39;s for WeeMouse, Skweeks and even Jonno :D), but we do have respect for each other and it hurts when one betrays the other like I did you.

Hopefully that&#39;s what you meant, but if not then I apologise - Being a scouser can leave me misguided at times :lol:

As for the scottish thing, not yet - I&#39;m off to university at Dundee in September, so I may be an honorary Scot soon :01:

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 11:12 PM
I think we both know what we meant. ;)

In order for it to be a true catharsis it has to hurt. That is simply the way of things, whether figuratively or literally.

For me it is done now young chap. You have risen in my estimation and I am pleased with that. Shall we let it go and move on, I think that is best for everyone.

I will obviously continue to rip the pish about other things and would expect the same from you. Have we a deal ?

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 11:17 PM
I think it&#39;s for the best :)

Now, how about that Scottish qualifying for Euro 2004? :) Oh, wait a minute... :P ;)

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@23 June 2004 - 00:25

Now, how about that Scottish qualifying for Euro 2004? :) Oh, wait a minute... :P ;)
I&#39;m not the one coming to a Scottish Polytechnic to get a cheap education La :P

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+23 June 2004 - 00:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 23 June 2004 - 00:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@23 June 2004 - 00:25

I&#39;m not the one coming to a Scottish Polytechnic to get a cheap education La :P [/b][/quote]
Hey up - I have to pay for my education there. I don&#39;t get it on a plate like Scottish folk do :P

(/wonders how long we can keep this up before a mod closes it ;))

NikkiD
06-22-2004, 11:29 PM
Or perhaps moves it? :P

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD@23 June 2004 - 00:37
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I look like a huggy type bar steward in the lounge.

Thanks for that Nikki :ph34r:

DanB
06-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+23 June 2004 - 00:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 23 June 2004 - 00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-NikkiD@23 June 2004 - 00:37
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that Nikki :ph34r: [/b][/quote]
Busted :01:

kAb
06-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by danb@22 June 2004 - 16:42

stewart, you mean bar stewart.

NikkiD
06-22-2004, 11:36 PM
As long as you don&#39;t post the huggy smiley, I won&#39;t think any less of you. ;)

J'Pol
06-22-2004, 11:39 PM
I am a 5 Star Overlord, I don&#39;t do the Huggy Smillie thing.

I didn&#39;t get where I am today by hugging and smiling.

Illuminati
06-22-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@23 June 2004 - 00:47

Hey - If it worked for Bill Clinton... ;)

Spider_dude
06-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati+22 June 2004 - 23:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati @ 22 June 2004 - 23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@23 June 2004 - 00:47

Hey - If it worked for Bill Clinton... ;) [/b][/quote]
not to dwell on it, but if 7th was bill clinton would that make ill monica lewinsky? :P

nice dress m&#39;lady.

internet.news
06-23-2004, 12:52 AM
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v239/spam4/adblock.jpg

Cheese
06-23-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam@23 June 2004 - 01:00
Now that should be a poll. :01:

tesco
06-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by samsamsamsam@22 June 2004 - 20:00
heh, i have that extension :D

sArA
06-23-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 23:47

Great&#33; Super&#33;

Voetsek
06-23-2004, 11:09 AM
stars who needs em anyways why not something else like wild boar or elk or graves even blood bottles dead babies

sArA
06-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley+23 June 2004 - 11:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr JP Fugley @ 23 June 2004 - 11:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by sara5564@23 June 2004 - 11:09
<!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@22 June 2004 - 23:47

Great&#33; Super&#33;
Showing your age sara ;) [/b][/quote]

touche Mr F B)

Yogi
06-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@23 June 2004 - 01:47

Spot on&#33;&#33; You could&#39;ve been in extra-ordinairy overlord department......

YoHugz