PDA

View Full Version : L A P D In Trouble........

CrumbCat
06-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Yes, they have beaten someone again.

Go HERE (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/video/062304_CaughtOnTape.html) to see the video.

:(

CrumbCat
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v260/CrumbCat/Reviews/trail-full.gif

Mr. Mulder
06-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Wtf resistance? :blink: he had his hands in the air and then got on the ground, is that an invitation in America for cawk smugglers to run up and kick you? :unsure:

100%
06-24-2004, 04:18 PM
Must be one strong dude if you need so many......http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v47/zedaxax/er.gif

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v47/zedaxax/lapd.gif

DanB
06-24-2004, 04:25 PM
Oh dear :(

TheRealDave
06-24-2004, 04:32 PM
he shouldnt have broken the law in the first place.. i think the LAPD are setting a good example and others shud follow

manker
06-24-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave@24 June 2004 - 16:40
he shouldnt have broken the law in the first place.. i think the LAPD are setting a good example and others shud follow
:blink: one police officer was kicking him and beating him with a mag-lite, if I break the law I hope that doesn't happen to me.

TheRealDave
06-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by manker+24 June 2004 - 16:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 24 June 2004 - 16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@24 June 2004 - 16:40
:blink: one police officer was kicking him and beating him with a mag-lite, if I break the law I hope that doesn&#39;t happen to me. [/b][/quote]
the guys shouldnt have broken the law in the first place.. i hope the example scares others into not breaking the law&#33;

Rat Faced
06-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+24 June 2004 - 17:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 24 June 2004 - 17:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by manker@24 June 2004 - 16:50
<!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@24 June 2004 - 16:40
:blink: one police officer was kicking him and beating him with a mag-lite, if I break the law I hope that doesn&#39;t happen to me.
the guys shouldnt have broken the law in the first place.. i hope the example scares others into not breaking the law&#33; [/b][/quote]
Having not seen the video I cant comment except to say:

Isnt it upto a Court to decide if he&#39;s broken The Law?

And also:

i hope the example scares others into not breaking the law&#33;

This board cannot condone the promotion of Leeching :angry: :ph34r:

:P

TheRealDave
06-24-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced+24 June 2004 - 17:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 24 June 2004 - 17:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TheRealDave@24 June 2004 - 17:01

:blink: one police officer was kicking him and beating him with a mag-lite, if I break the law I hope that doesn&#39;t happen to me.
the guys shouldnt have broken the law in the first place.. i hope the example scares others into not breaking the law&#33;
Having not seen the video I cant comment except to say:

Isnt it upto a Court to decide if he&#39;s broken The Law?

And also:

i hope the example scares others into not breaking the law&#33;

This board cannot condone the promotion of Leeching :angry: :ph34r:

:P [/b][/quote]
but he was breaking the law, he had stolen a car..

and leaching? who&#39;s leaching? :fear:

btw.. how fast does the feking dog wanna go? :lol: :dog: :lol:

sampson
06-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by TheRealDave+24 June 2004 - 11:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheRealDave @ 24 June 2004 - 11:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
the guys shouldnt have broken the law in the first place.. i hope the example scares others into not breaking the law&#33; [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s exactly right. You hope a cop doesn&#39;t do that to you, sure. But if he did, I bet you&#39;d think twice about commiting a crime again. I don&#39;t think we should adopt this policy but I&#39;ll use it as an example. As everyone knows, in some places around the Middle East, your hand is chopped off if you&#39;re caught stealing. Excessive yes, but effective none the less. Ever seen a guy with no hands? Of course not, they learn the first time.

TheRealDave
06-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by sampson+24 June 2004 - 23:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sampson @ 24 June 2004 - 23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TheRealDave@24 June 2004 - 11:01

That&#39;s exactly right. You hope a cop doesn&#39;t do that to you, sure. But if he did, I bet you&#39;d think twice about commiting a crime again. I don&#39;t think we should adopt this policy but I&#39;ll use it as an example. As everyone knows, in some places around the Middle East, your hand is chopped off if you&#39;re caught stealing. Excessive yes, but effective none the less. Ever seen a guy with no hands? Of course not, they learn the first time. [/b][/quote]
too right&#33; :D im not saying everyone caught should be beaten like in the video but im sure the bastard deserved it <_<

SillyRumours
06-24-2004, 11:20 PM
isn&#39;t the police officer breaking the law? so really he should be beaten over the head 20 times with a torch to disuade police beating <-- ooh a contradiction

BigBank_Hank
06-24-2004, 11:22 PM
There was another high-speed chase in L.A. today and it ended peacefully.

Why do these people think that they can run from the police? I have never understood why someone would try to run when there are police cars and helicopters chasing after you. I would never run from the police unless I was a tank of gas away from Mexico. That should be the general rule for running away from cops; don’t run unless you’re a tank of gas away from another countries border.

Of course I am in no way condoning fleeing from the police.

Smith
06-24-2004, 11:30 PM
damn pigs

user123
06-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Innocent until prov-en guilty in a court of law ;)

Stealing is wrong & should be punished

Brutality is wrong & should be punished

The punishment should be dished out by the courts not the cops

BigBank_Hank
06-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by user123@24 June 2004 - 18:49
Innocent until prov-en guilty in a court of law&nbsp; ;)
I don’t think that their innocence is being questioned. They were in a car, which had been reported, stolen and were running from the police.

*goddess*
06-24-2004, 11:54 PM
<_< They still don&#39;t deserve to be bashed.

bindi
06-25-2004, 12:29 AM
Beating a suspect is not the way to go, but were they motivated by something not shown to the general public?
Did the suspects cause harm or injury to anyone while fleeing? Did they cause harm or injury to anyone while breaking the law?
Police are only human and maybe sometimes their emotions or issues boil over and affect the way they deal with suspects.

*goddess*
06-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I don&#39;t see that as an excuse tho. Yes, there may have been other stuff we haven&#39;t seen, but it&#39;s up to the courts to judge that. Losing control of your emotions is no excuse, we are all capable of it but would be in big trouble if we gave in to it.

bindi
06-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by *goddess*@25 June 2004 - 00:39
Losing control of your emotions is no excuse, we are all capable of it but would be in big trouble if we gave in to it.
Which is why the jails are full eh ;) :D

I wasn&#39;t trying to make excuses for the police, just trying not to judge them or the suspects.

*goddess*
06-25-2004, 12:36 AM
;) It&#39;s okay, everyone&#39;s entitled to their opinion and I did agree in some parts. My brother used to get a regular bashing, but he mouthed off lots to the police and deserved some of it.

There&#39;s times I wish I could bash him too. :lol:

manker
06-25-2004, 12:38 AM
If a policeman cannot accept that it isn&#39;t his job to punish suspected criminals - merely to apprehend them - then he deserves to be dealt with in the same way as a civillian if he metes out the punishment we witnessed on the CCTV. Whatever the circumstance.

*goddess*
06-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Hmm, I see your point, tho 2 wrongs don&#39;t make a right. Whoever bashed the cops would be as bad as they are in this video.

bindi
06-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Oh I know that feeling of wanting to bash a brother :01:

I remember as a kid the fear and power the cops had on most of us. We were afraid to break the law, or get caught more to the point, because you never knew if the cops were going to give you a clip around the ears, or a boot up the bum. These days the kids know the cops can&#39;t touch them and it tends to give them courage in some ways, makes them more mouthy.

I realise this has gone a little bit off topic, and I apologise to CrumbCat ;)

*goddess*
06-25-2004, 12:45 AM
;) I think his point has been made, but also apologise if he does mind.

I see what you&#39;re saying about the kids of today tho, they know they can get away with more, cops and even parents can get in trouble for giving them a whack.

They had an article on a current affairs program the other night, kid divorced his parents and nothing they could do about it. That&#39;s a horrible thing to do and I think he&#39;ll regret it once he has kids of his own and sees how hard this parenting thing can be. Rewarding and fun as well, but it&#39;s not all roses.

bindi
06-25-2004, 01:14 AM
Nah, it is all roses, all roses and thorns :rolleyes:

Being a parent can be hard and the social structure we have in place can cause more problems at times. It&#39;s hard to keep a teenager at home when they have government payments and social workers telling them they don&#39;t have to stick around if they are not happy with a parents ruling.
I can&#39;t even begin to imagine how I would feel if one of my kids decided to divorce me, although in some instances divorcing your parents could be the best thing a child can do.

Energizer_God
06-25-2004, 01:18 AM
when that crook gets out....he should cap that dirty cops ass :lol:

*goddess*
06-25-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by bindi@25 June 2004 - 01:22
Nah, it is all roses, all roses and thorns :rolleyes:

Being a parent can be hard and the social structure we have in place can cause more problems at times. It&#39;s hard to keep a teenager at home when they have government payments and social workers telling them they don&#39;t have to stick around if they are not happy with a parents ruling.
I can&#39;t even begin to imagine how I would feel if one of my kids decided to divorce me, although in some instances divorcing your parents could be the best thing a child can do.
I agree with you, especially the social security part, they practically encourage kids to leave home. I&#39;m not up to teenage yet, but am seriously dreading it.

You&#39;re right, some parents don&#39;t deserve to have kids.

bindi
06-25-2004, 01:26 AM
I have one at 16, one at 12 and one at 10.

At this stage the 16 yr old is going fine, the 12 yr old has moments with attitude that scares me and the 10 yr old is not sure which footsteps to follow in and fluctuates between both :blink:

aint life grand

:lol:

Titus808
06-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by manker+24 June 2004 - 16:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 24 June 2004 - 16:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheRealDave@24 June 2004 - 16:40
:blink: one police officer was kicking him and beating him with a mag-lite, if I break the law I hope that doesn&#39;t happen to me. [/b][/quote]
the lapd uses surefire flashlights not mag-lite :lol:, and surefire flashlights are good for beating people let me tell you that&#33; He probably just wanted to break in his new torch :P.

Busyman
06-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@24 June 2004 - 19:30

Why do these people think that they can run from the police? I have never understood why someone would try to run when there are police cars and helicopters chasing after you. I would never run from the police unless I was a tank of gas away from Mexico. That should be the general rule for running away from cops; don’t run unless you’re a tank of gas away from another countries border.

Believe it or not some get away.

You only see the one&#39;s that are caught on TV. <_<

sampson
06-25-2004, 06:51 AM
They still don&#39;t deserve to be bashed.

Obviously never had to walk to the parking only to find an empty space where your truck was. (or car)

I think his point has been made, but also apologise if he does mind.

I see what you&#39;re saying about the kids of today tho, they know they can get away with more, cops and even parents can get in trouble for giving them a whack.

They had an article on a current affairs program the other night, kid divorced his parents and nothing they could do about it. That&#39;s a horrible thing to do and I think he&#39;ll regret it once he has kids of his own and sees how hard this parenting thing can be. Rewarding and fun as well, but it&#39;s not all roses.

Growing up I never had any fear of the cops :blink:
Just what dad was gonna do :)

I completely see your point. Just a side note though. I live in Austin, Texas and a guy that the cops were looking for eluded them five times in two days before he was caught.

100%
06-28-2004, 12:50 AM
If this is what they do to Men.........

Then what do they do to the Women.....????

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v47/zedaxax/er.gif

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/new-toture2.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/abughraib1.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/torta.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/torture5.jpg

internet.news
06-28-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@28 June 2004 - 00:58
If this is what they do to Men.........

Then what do they do to the Women.....????

http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v47/zedaxax/er.gif

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/new-toture2.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/abughraib1.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/torta.jpg

http://www.antiwar.com/photos/perm/torture5.jpg
I require a letter from your parent to explain your absence over the last 3 days..

...and at least 3 abstract Zedaxax threads :01:

100%
06-28-2004, 01:02 AM
My abscence was due to
1.a research i was doing asking local police officers how they like to hit their "clients" the best.
2.See other thread, consists floating on H2O+sail ;) (away from LAPD clutches)

But seriously, as some other people stated earlier, alot of what really happens is not on "tape" - my concern goes to the women
where in some cultures it is shame on the family should the woman have been "abused", hence little will ever be told about those incidents.