PDA

View Full Version : Finally

{I}{K}{E}
06-26-2004, 10:24 PM
http://www.euro2004.com/ml/euro2004/images/flags/33X33/127.gif Sweden 0-0 Netherlands http://www.euro2004.com/ml/euro2004/images/flags/33X33/95.gif

Netherlands (5 - 4) wins on penalties

YES!!!!!!!!!

WE WON PENALTIES :lol: :lol: :lol:

What A close game great shots on both sides

:01: :01: :01: :01:

Image Resized
Image Resized
<a href=&#39;http://www.euro2004.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/EURO/201604_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg&#39; (http://www.euro2004.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/EURO/201604_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg) target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
[img]http://www.euro2004.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/EURO/201604_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://www.euro2004.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/EURO/201604_BIGLANDSCAPE.jpg')</a>

thisiswhoweare
06-26-2004, 11:08 PM
boo.. i reckon sweden deserved it B) ruud just pisses me off with his offsideness and fakeinjuries..SHUTUP you twit. :frusty:

jetje
06-27-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@27 June 2004 - 01:16
boo.. i reckon sweden deserved it B) ruud just pisses me off with his offsideness and fakeinjuries..SHUTUP you twit. :frusty:
i guess your still pissed about the robbery... :P
You need to learn the new rules about offside i guess. Ruud just does what a good striker needs to, play as sharp as a knife, on the edge of offside. Not much wrong with that....
Today Ruud scored in overtime, the goal was disallowed, wich was a bad call from the refferee, do you hear the dutch complain... :ghostface:

It wasn&#39;t a good game and it could have go both ways, the most luckiest won.
i wonder how well this team could be with a good manager...
Why does Dick keep playing with van der Meijde?? :unsure: :blink: the guy can&#39;t even outplay a lamp post.... :lol:

blitz
06-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Good game. I actually thought Sweden would win this one. :o

nostalgia
06-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by jetje@27 June 2004 - 00:11
Today Ruud scored in overtime, the goal was disallowed, wich was a bad call from the refferee, do you hear the dutch complain... :ghostface:

Although I&#39;m Dutch I have to disagree here. Maybe 2 inches, but He was off-side.
Abd as for falling and tumbling, he is not as bad as the players from southern Europe and Germany who I believe invented the "schwalbe", but imo he&#39;s beginning to learn quickley. I don&#39;t like that.
Fact is, to loose a game after a penalty-shootout is a nightmare, and we Dutch know this too well, so I&#39;m very happy to be in the semis but I feel a little bit sad for the Swedes.

thisiswhoweare
06-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by jetje+27 June 2004 - 00:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 27 June 2004 - 00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare@27 June 2004 - 01:16
i guess your still pissed about the robbery... :P
You need to learn the new rules about offside i guess. Ruud just does what a good striker needs to, play as sharp as a knife, on the edge of offside. Not much wrong with that....

It wasn&#39;t a good game and it could have go both ways, the most luckiest won.
i wonder how well this team could be with a good manager...
Why does Dick keep playing with van der Meijde?? :unsure: :blink: the guy can&#39;t even outplay a lamp post.... :lol: [/b][/quote]
yes im still gutted :P
[Denmark to WIN]
I&#39;m sorry but from what ive seen he just stays near the goal till the opportunity comes to tap it in. That is not skillful, and comes close IMO to cheating.
The only reason dutch doesnt complain about the disallowed goal is because the dutch won. Had they not im sure they would have. Besides i doubt its as controvversial as having a swiss ref referee england who beat swiss who was no-where near the goal, who didnt consult his linesman, and what looked and is still a fine goal.

i feel pity for the dutch coach with the complaints against him.

thisiswhoweare
06-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by blitz81388@27 June 2004 - 01:58
Good game. I actually thought Sweden would win this one. :o
ok did you actually watch this?

only thing i hope now is that holland beat portugal. But based on last nights and previous performance im expecting holland to be thrased. I seriously want portugal out ASAP.

thewizeard
06-27-2004, 11:11 AM
I hate penalty shoot outs...but I am so glad the Dutch won... :)

{I}{K}{E}
06-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare+27 June 2004 - 11:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thisiswhoweare &#064; 27 June 2004 - 11:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-blitz81388@27 June 2004 - 01:58
Good game. I actually thought Sweden would win this one.&nbsp; :o
ok did you actually watch this?

only thing i hope now is that holland beat portugal. But based on last nights and previous performance im expecting holland to be thrased. I seriously want portugal out ASAP. [/b][/quote]
lol I bet Scolari let Figo and Deco play :lol: then we will have a big change of reaching the FINAL.

Figo is just like Del Piero they still only play because of the &#39;name&#39; they have.

thisiswhoweare
06-27-2004, 01:12 PM
yeah Figo&#39;s been playing awful in this tournie. Only one decent free kick in total.

100%
06-28-2004, 01:22 AM
Congrats NL&#33;&#33;&#33;

Didnt know the Swedes where at that level...thought they played better though.

brenda
06-28-2004, 01:56 AM
welll done Dutch people :)

but Swedish peeps......... I know exactly how you felt :( not nice :(

jetje
06-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thisiswhoweare)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Besides i doubt its as controvversial as having a swiss ref referee england who beat swiss who was no-where near the goal, who didnt consult his linesman, and what looked and is still a fine goal.[/b]

well saw it severall times, still don&#39;t see why you keep complaining. They clearly attacked the goalie in his own territory ;) Just put off your pink glasses and watch it clear... :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare
i feel pity for the dutch coach with the complaints against him.[/quote]
you can have him for free :lol:

btw, not a Man U fan i think, right... If Ruud didn&#39;t play in Man U, but somewhere else i&#39;m sure you would acknowledge he&#39;s a great striker :lol:

thisiswhoweare
06-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by jetje+28 June 2004 - 10:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 28 June 2004 - 10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by thisiswhoweare@
Besides i doubt its as controvversial as having a swiss ref referee england who beat swiss who was no-where near the goal, who didnt consult his linesman, and what looked and is still a fine goal.

well saw it severall times, still don&#39;t see why you keep complaining. They clearly attacked the goalie in his own territory ;) Just put off your pink glasses and watch it clear... :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-thisiswhoweare
i feel pity for the dutch coach with the complaints against him.
you can have him for free :lol:

btw, not a Man U fan i think, right... If Ruud didn&#39;t play in Man U, but somewhere else i&#39;m sure you would acknowledge he&#39;s a great striker :lol: [/b][/quote]
if my brother&#39;s right then according to him, other refs have seen it at all angles and said it was a fair goal. Whose wrong now :P

if you watch john terry hes not watching the goalie, hes always looking at the ball.

Man U fan? NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
I don&#39;t support my hometown team (they suck lol) or any other but i favour Arsenal over the other teams. And no Rudd would still suck if he was on another team. :rolleyes:

manker
06-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Apparently Mr Meyer blew the whistle long before Campbell made contact with the ball for a foul he commited on a Portugese defender on his approach run to the header. Nothing to do with John Terry.

IMO England&#39;s blatent defensive tactics and some foolish substitutions and tactical switches by Sven cost England the game, not Urs Meyer. When Rooney was injured why was Vassell brought on yet the tactics were kept the same? Vassell isn&#39;t a link man ffs&#33; Scholes is the only other player in the England squad who could have played in the slot vacated by Rooney - though admittedly only half as well but then Dyer could have been brought on to play down the left.

If not the Scholes option England should have brought on Heskey, although he is shite, he may have won a few headers for Owen to run onto since the English tactics amounted to defending and long balls.

Also Gerrard on the left wing? Scholes brought off after 52 mins? continual long balls to munchkins Owen and Vassell? Beckham within 1 mile of the pitch? Owen Hargreaves and Phil Neville brought on when Joey Cole and Dyer were kicking their heels on the bench? ugh

Big Phil Scolari deserves to lead Portugal to the title now, to take off Figo for Postiga shows how big his balls are - all the while Becks was playing football like he was in the garden with his boys and Sven didn&#39;t have the guts to haul him off. Fortune favoured the brave&#33;

WRT to Ruud - I reckon he is the best goal poacher/finisher on the planet. bar none.

manker
06-28-2004, 12:42 PM
oh and well done Holland, I was too drunk to remember any of the match and didn&#39;t tape it but the penalties were great. it&#39;s good to see your team have some luck in that way at last. :D

100%
07-01-2004, 09:26 AM
Oooops

http://www.soccernet.com/images/england/20040617/manichegoal_g313.jpg

nostalgia
07-01-2004, 06:23 PM
That&#39;s not ooops, that&#39;s a terrific goal and of course a defensive mistake made this one possible (sleeping at cornerkick).