PDA

View Full Version : So Called Sharing!

Yomanda_66
03-19-2003, 07:19 PM
What is the point in some of these downloads if people are not sharing or cancelling uploads. I,ve been trying to get some files and peoples names come up who have the file then there name dissapears obviously because they are cancelling. What is the point if you are not letting others have the files???!!!!!
From now on if anybody tries to uplaod from me I check to see there files, if they are not sharing then they don,t the file they are trying to get off me!!!! :angry:

MagicNakor
03-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Are you sharing? It could be why you get cut off.

If it's an especially rare file, and the guy who has it goes offline, you'll just have to wait for more sources to be found.

:ninja:

The Great Dude
03-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Hold on there man. Yomanda_66, there are many reasons for the user, he might have went offline and a small chance he is canceling you. Using the "Find more of the same user" does not always work and since the new privacy patch is here, you could be canceling sharers. Anyways here's the basics:

Originally posted by Tip By: Shinigami & modified by The_Great_Dude

Tip on Kazaa Lite
Speed and PL:
PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads (only on normal kazaa 2.0.2 users, any lower versions of kazaa will show a PL of 0 to them. So it's a first come, first serve at that point.)
If you notice you have a PL of 1000 and it never drops because the cheat is automatically on, to turn it off: Go to Options, click more options..., K++ options, and uncheck the cheat.
You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.
Make sure you setted up you're firewall to allow access for Kazaa Lite [K++]
Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like. (Programs that can do that are Adaware and Spybot)
Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow!
More sources usually = better speed
Use tools that came with K++, such as AutoSearchMore, Speeedup, Kazap to find more sources.
Try to control AutoSearchMore and let it rest awhile to avoid disconnection from KL.
You see yourself as K-Lite Master and other K++ users do to, only 2.02 kazaa users see you as Supreme Being. This does not affect anything in anyway. You can also customize it with tools such as resource hacker.
Try pausing and resuming the file.
Try jumping SuperNodes or restarting Kazaa Lite.
PATIENCE!
Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
and...
GOOD LUCK! :-)
Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

A hypothesis by The_Great_Dude:
Also, I'm not sure but when the longer you have kazaa lite and not uninstall or reinstall, the speeds seem to be ok, since most of the old members here have no problems. Just a guess.
I said this because, in the beta testing day of k++ beta 1, I saw a post saying Random Nut said speed slowed down when he switched to normal kazaa from kazaa lite for testing purposes. When he went back, his speeds went back to normal. Also if my memory serves me right, backup your network settings, or something like that.

metalrebelzz
03-20-2003, 05:40 PM
there could be ALOT of reasons, dont get all bent out of shape cause somebody wouldn't let u d/l a certain file....im sure that thers at least a few hundred people on other supernodes that have it...

so, just jump supernodes and search for it there...you'll eventually find more sources...i highly doubt that this ONE user is the ONLY one who has the file.......

south-paw
03-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Why do people get worked up about this?
Sure if someone's uploading a rare ska track, I'll check if they've got something similar I could download. But I very rarely check my uploaders' sharing, or non-sharing.I'm just glad I've got something people would enjoy.And so I enjoy sharing!
Isn't that what sharing is all about? To give without considering what you may or may not receive in return?
Peace. :D

accat13
03-20-2003, 05:50 PM
Yomanda_66 Posted: 19 March 2003 - 14:19 

Group: Members
Member No.: 16300

What is the point in some of these downloads if people are not sharing or cancelling uploads. I,ve been trying to get some files and peoples names come up who have the file then there name dissapears obviously because they are cancelling. What is the point if you are not letting others have the files???!!!!!
From now on if anybody tries to uplaod from me I check to see there files, if they are not sharing then they don,t the file they are trying to get off me!!!! 
boy I sure hope you don't download large files,you will spend your whole day and night at your computer cancelling downloads...This will drive you insane lol :blink: ..give up and be happy...just try and share and try not to let it bother you :unsure:

Yomanda_66
03-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the tips Dude I will try some. And in answer to some others YES I do share SHARE that is what is so annoying with people who don,t!
They get a file and think "sod you lot". I am only too happy to let people have my files. And I do not sit up checking to see if people are sharing, if I am around I may (Why not!), If they are selfish why shouldn't I be with them?!
Thanks to all with decent comments and help tips. ;)

Yomanda_66
03-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Are there any other programs I can use to optimise the connection? I tried Dr.TPIP and it seemed to recognise Dial-Up but not the Broadband Modem is there a program that can configure my Broadband Modem to get the most from Kazaa? It is not cable. I,m not sure if that is the reason why some of the web pages have areas that say page cannot be displayed sometimes?
What do you think?

J'Pol
03-23-2003, 02:39 PM
If you were to check me just now - find more from same user, you would get a nil result.

I can assure you however that I am sharing. Approx 3,000 music files, of which over 100 are albumwraps and 10 movies. I think it totals about 15GB.

I chose to switch the privacy hack on. Doesn't mean I don't share.

However you choose what you want to do.

You can use TCPOptimiser, it's a free download from the net. Someone pointed me at the site and it does work for cable modems. Can't remember the thread off hand.

gr33nfr0g
03-25-2003, 10:50 AM
hi this is the first time i posted anything

1 thing has pissed me right off.
i wanted 3 isos i downloaded iso 1 and iso 3 so i was after iso 2
i keep all my downlaoded stuff in my shared dir and dont delete it
i seen a user download one of the isos off me they was taking most my upload bandwidth. i was not using computer so i left them to it
i came back after a weekend on the booze to find i still have not got iso 2, i searched for the file again and foundthe user that downloaded
the other part of the set off me would not let me download the disk i was missing off them

TALK ABOUT PI$$ED RIGHT OFF

ppl like that should be shot - hopfuly they had a prob with kazaa and they right cunts

NOW I HAD 250 MEG space left one my drive and need to DELETE stuff from me shared folder, this is some thing i dont like doing

froggie

I Wish I Had Cable
03-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Well guys im a lowely Dial-uperer. I D/Load bout 4 gig a month (isp hates me :lol: ) & share approx 6 gig & generally do well getting wot i want, we all know it depends on wot u are chasing & how rare, personally i love people gettin stuff off me, it's like showin someone something that really wows em out :D Anyway Share on & let me get that file ok ? B)

[/QUOTE] You Can't Trust Human's !!

Fatal Error
03-26-2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Yomanda_66@23 March 2003 - 09:16
Are there any other programs I can use to optimise the connection? I tried Dr.TPIP and it seemed to recognise Dial-Up but not the Broadband Modem is there a program that can configure my Broadband Modem to get the most from Kazaa? It is not cable. I,m not sure if that is the reason why some of the web pages have areas that say page cannot be displayed sometimes?
What do you think?
Here are some for you check out Yomanda.. TGD already mentioned dslreports.com in an earlier post. heres another (http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest) and heres another good site (http://www.pcpitstop.com) for tests,tweaks, and alot of other useful information about your computer.

imported_computerfreak76
03-26-2003, 03:47 AM
i cant see why people would want to use this privacy patch because from what ive seen and heard its just cutting into the actual downloads out there, for example if you search a users files and find nothing when he really does then there is some downloads and uploads canceled.
this privacy patch is for people that are way too paranoid.

SideSwiped
03-26-2003, 04:13 AM
I share, but I'm so sorry, I don't share movies or software via kazaalite. There are two reasons for this.

1. I'm paranoid and ppl seem to be getting into trouble due to movies.
2. For some reason no matter what, my maximum bandwidth on k++ is never used, I just pity any poor sucker that has broadband as I do and is stuck downloading 700 megs at only 5 kBs. I don't have this problem with other programs, I upload at the max allowed by my ISP, rot those sorry sobs for depriving me awesome upload speeds.

Icebound
03-26-2003, 04:40 AM
try CableNut at cablenut.com (http://cablenut.com)
then install the AddOn Update (very small file)

this has the very best registry settings based on your connection (Cable, DSL, or Dial Up) and your download and upload caps. you just select your connection and cap file in the AddOn folder and it automatically changes like over 30 reg entries. also, a very friendly and helpful forum CableNut Forum (http://www.dslnuts.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12)

Yomanda_66
03-28-2003, 03:53 AM
Thanks Ice and Metal The Cablenut Prg seemed to give me a nice increase in speed and also the Jumping Supernode gave more results.

Icebound
03-28-2003, 04:19 AM
i LOVE that program :D

Switeck
03-28-2003, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by SideSwiped@25 March 2003 - 23:13
I share, but I'm so sorry, I don't share movies or software via kazaalite. There are two reasons for this.

1. I'm paranoid and ppl seem to be getting into trouble due to movies.
2. For some reason no matter what, my maximum bandwidth on k++ is never used, I just pity any poor sucker that has broadband as I do and is stuck downloading 700 megs at only 5 kBs. I don't have this problem with other programs, I upload at the max allowed by my ISP, rot those sorry sobs for depriving me awesome upload speeds.
Hopefully you share something though -- even if you lower uploads to 1 and max upload bandwidth to 24 kilobits (3 KB/sec).