PDA

View Full Version : Direct Connect Via Known Ip Address?

vitruvio
03-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Would like to hook up directly P2P with another machine each on a LAN via internet using KL. In other words I want to see directly to another machine.....possible? :blink:

vivitron 15
03-19-2003, 09:51 PM
OK, i think youre trying to say that, you want to share files directly from A to B, where the PCs are connected over the internet.

If so, then not really, there are ways to do it with Kazaa, but theyre long and cumbersome. The easiest way is to use a program like Bullet Proof which is an ftp server. Set it up one the host PC, and then you can dl to the other via IE6 or an ftp server on the other machine.

hope this helps

vitruvio
03-19-2003, 10:24 PM
thanks fellow V, your are exactly right I want to go from point A to ponnt B........ :) I think you are right I probably should work toward an ftp solution... <_<

vivitron 15
03-19-2003, 10:28 PM
yeah, i think the benefits are mainly that you can dl exclusively....dont know which windows is on the recieving machine...if its XP, then your fine, but if not, then you&#39;ll need an ftp thing at that side, but thats about where my knowledge runs out....glad i could help

Oh yeah, actually, you could use SoulSeek, to do it.....set urself in your buddy list either end, and then browse your own files...sounds strange, but this way, you&#39;ll be able to share with others, and dl from others at the same time....boy am i good with the advice today&#33;

J'Pol
03-19-2003, 10:28 PM
Don&#39;t know the technical details, but at soulseek I can browse other peoples hard drives ( the permitted parts) and download direct.

If you are interested in sharing music then that is well worth a look. See the pinned about this subject.

Direct Connect does the same type of thing, I think.

Leech_Killer
03-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Don&#39;t think you can wih Kazaa but you can do it with PC Anywhere. It&#39;s very good as I use it for my business.

http://www.symantec.com/pcanywhere/Consumer/images/o_product_shot_pca2.gif
PC Anywhere website (http://www.symantec.com/pcanywhere/Consumer/index.html)

leecheskicked
03-20-2003, 11:36 AM
never tried it but i thought u could do this with ICQ? anyone tried it

MaxAndig
03-21-2003, 08:55 PM
:D If I like to connect to a special user (one of my friends) I do the following:

1. The user gets a dyn IP (there are several free services for that).

2. I check the users IP using the client program for the dyn IP.

3. The user is connected as a forced SN (KL option) to the FT network.

4. I jump to a new SN (the users IP&#33;) using KaZuperNodes v1.3.9 (KZN).

5. I search for a special file (e. g. with an unusual name "ID12345.txt", I know this ID file name...) in the users shared folder but I don`t really download it.

6. I will find this special (dummy) file very fast (as the user is a SN) and look for other files of the same user.

7. Im now connected to this special user. Finished...

Of course you can try another trick with the separated Kazaa Closed User Group (CUG):

The user you want to connect to has to be a SN with a special SN list in his Kazaa (= SN list with 200 dummy SNs, stored in a .kzn file for easy performing; you can do this with KaZuperNodes and Notepad).

Then you and - may be the rest ouf your CUG - connect to the user via KZN. The trick: The user as a SN is "isolated" from the rest of the FastTrack network (remember his 200 dummy SNs...) so he will only be connected by his friends who know his fixed or dyn IP. :D :D

Edit: Some points for clarification