PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Protector V1.0

hybridgraf
03-20-2003, 11:42 AM
This is a simple locker for KaZaA, it stops people from touching KaZaA,

* Password Protected

So you can go to the bathroom with out the worry of somebody stop'n downloads or messing around with it.

http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock.rar
or
http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock.exe

Please send bugs and ideas.
[email protected]

secfan
03-20-2003, 01:53 PM
Haha, what a nice program!!! (Could be added in to the KL Installers AND/OR integrated with KL/K++/KLE/other programs etc.!!!)

Bugs/Suggestions:
1. First of all it's now Kazaa, not KaZaA.
2. Program can be opened more than once, (so make it so you can't open more than once). If it is open more than once, and if you just unlock one of these, it will be unlocked anyway, regardless of others still being locked.
3. Ability to change/reset etc. the password. (And maybe also options to change/reset etc. the password for the Kazaa search options/adult filter etc.)
4. An option not to use a password. (i.e. simple no-password protection, like keypad protection on a mobile phone. Also options whether password is needed to Lock/Un-Lock/Shutdown KzLock.)
5. Even though Kazaa may be locked, a menu still comes up when you right-click the Kazaa systray icon. (The options that do functions in Kazaa won't work, but KLE menu items such as My Shared Folder will. So you could disable the right-click menu until Kazaa is unlocked.)
6. Options to auto-lock Kazaa at startup of KzLock or not.
7. You can still close Kazaa through the Windows Task Manager even though Kazaa is locked (and after it is closed, it still remains locked.). (And then if you reopen Kazaa while KzLock is still locked, Kazaa will still be locked also.) So possibly add a function to close KzLock (or do some other action like pop up a message etc.) when it detects that Kazaa is closed (and possibly then ask whether to reopen Kazaa). (And possibly a function to auto-open KzLock with Kazaa, or confirm, and if this is turned on, also options to auto-lock or not, or comfirm etc.)
8. If you close KzLock with the Windows Task Manager in the other hand, and Kazaa was locked, it remains locked unless you also close Kazaa with the Windows Task Manager, shutdown, or open KzLock again and unlock it. So make it more foolproof (such as possibly auto-unlocking when KzLock is closed by Windows Task Manager or pop up a message or something like that etc.)
9. An error message or something similar should come up when the password entered is wrong.
10. Possibly an About box/help screen etc. about KzLock.
11. Options whether to display the Kazaa window when someone "tries" to open the Kazaa window while it is locked, or not. (And possible options to allow access to simple functions/simple access while locked, such as minimise/maximise/restore/resizing windows/switching tabs/scrolling up and down/everything except access to certain buttons/right-click/certain menus/certain menu items/keyboard typing in edit boxes/certain systray menu items/systray icon clicking etc. which is configurable.)
12. Shutting down KzLock (by using the Shutdown function and entering password) will not unlock Kazaa. (So make it so that using the Shutdown function will also unlock Kazaa???)

enlightend
03-20-2003, 04:22 PM
handy!

I just ask that when you lock, it minimizes kazaa to tray and doesn't let you right-click kazaa tray icon. Even better, an option to hide the kazaa systray icon too...

TIDE-HSV
03-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Actually, I need that protection from myself. I've terminated more than one DL by accident. :o

lunatacs
03-20-2003, 11:28 PM
rather then use this program, can you include an option into kazaa lite so it will hide itself and from the icon tray but only be opened with a special hit of cammand. Ex. alt+ctrl while pressing K this will tell kazaa lite to come out of hidding... i just don't see why an option like this could be put into kazaa rather then use additional programs to hide it.

Thank you for your work though much thanks.

Donny_Brasco
03-22-2003, 12:21 AM
hybridgraf,

looks great!
but I have to agree with SECFAN's post.
It needs more options.
I there a way to manipulate the file in order
for it to protect folders and/or other programs?

enlightend
03-22-2003, 03:44 AM
where the developer of this go?

secfan
03-22-2003, 05:18 AM
I've sent him an E-Mail with my post and telling him not to just leave details of his program and E-Mail address and just sit around waiting for an E-Mail to come, but to reply in this forum as well. :P

war59312
03-22-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by secfan@22 March 2003 - 00:18
I've sent him an E-Mail with my post and telling him not to just leave details of his program and E-Mail address and just sit around waiting for an E-Mail to come, but to reply in this forum as well. :P
Guest he did not lissten. :(

lunatacs
03-22-2003, 11:10 PM
that was his first post, and no posts he made from that one post. plus, he still has that one post only, therefore, we can assume, he is not coming back; maybe.

hybridgraf
03-23-2003, 12:03 AM
All posts have been taken accountable and ARE SET!!!!
the update will be up ASAP.

Any more ideas!!!!

O_O MonKey (hybridgraf) :blink:

hybridgraf
03-23-2003, 12:07 AM
:lol: sorry for the late reply i just been busy this week on some projects.

BUT I WILL STAY!

hybridgraf
03-23-2003, 12:23 AM
Done.
Version 0.5 is up and waiting for downloads.

Thanks you guys for waiting. SORRY AGAIN :blink:

or

Please comment. ask. etc. ^_^
MonKey O_o (hybridgraf)

Sarkie_2002
03-23-2003, 12:46 AM
Right with the new version things that Secfan has said are still needed. Also when enetering can u add Enter to move the cursor to password and Confrom password and also for Ok buttons.
I think the Icon could be changed to a BIG RED cross over a KazaaLite Icon??

hybridgraf
03-23-2003, 01:28 AM
Done and Done.

Aldo i didnt understand all ya sayd.!!!

johnnytightlips2
03-23-2003, 02:18 AM
great program and i think u should add like beeping noises incase somebody trys to get inside kazaa. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hybridgraf
03-23-2003, 05:09 AM
New updates! are up!!

Try it!

or

secfan
03-23-2003, 09:10 AM
I have notified hybridgraf most of the bugs and suggestions that need to be implemented through this forum, E-Mail and MSN.

But one that needs major fixing up is when KzLock is to "Restart Kazaa", it adds a new KzLock systray icon next to the old one (and basically opens another copy of it) instead of actually "Restarting Kazaa", and it keeps doing it if you keep "Restarting Kazaa". It also needs to disable KzLock from being open more than once, as it is very unnecessary. (The old versions detect if Kazaa/client is open, and asks you if you want to "restart" it, but this new version doesn't, and you have to do it manually. But otherwise, the new version has plenty of bugfixes and compatibility.) :D

secfan
03-23-2003, 09:49 AM
Another few bugs and suggestions:

1. Both the Un-Lock and Change Password boxes are exactly the same. (i.e. You could change the title to an appropriate one for both of them, so that users can tell the difference. And also, "If you wish to use no password then please leave blank." is unappropriate/unnecessary for the Un-Lock box, as we are not "changing" the password in the Un-Lock box.)
2. Grammar fix: "If you wish to use no password then please leave blank." -> "If you don't wish usea password then please leave the Password field blank.".
3. Also make it impossible for the Un-Lock boxes to be opened up more than once. :D

secfan
03-23-2003, 09:54 AM
And also options to Lock/Unlock/Open/Close KzLock/Kazaa/client after a certain condition. (Could be merged with KaShutdown! by Sevin, look at his thread for more details. i.e. KzLock could be locked/unlocked when computer has been idle for X seconds/minutes, when downloads have all been completed/cancelled/failed/inactive etc., or when battery level = a certain %, at a set/certain time, when something/program triggers it etc. Think of all the possibilities, but we just want the major/main ones that most users/n00bs/advanced users etc. will ever need to use. ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :) )

hybridgraf
03-23-2003, 10:43 AM
:blink: New Update!
Corrections to the Password Form and Text in the Config Form.
One instance at a time activated.

TRY IT!
or

enlightend
03-23-2003, 03:55 PM
- what is the Auto-lock supposed to do, because when I enable it nothing happens... it might not be working

- I think in the first version you put out, when you end KzLock.exe using task manager, and then also end the kazaa process, kazaa gets unlocked. Do you think it's possible to make an option to have permanent lock, even after reboot...

Thanks, luv this prog :D

Pho3niX
03-23-2003, 05:09 PM
my guess is lock after x min (of inactivity)

hybridgraf
03-23-2003, 10:13 PM
Tryd the inactivity and it does get alittle anoying after a while, TRUST ME lol
now the Auto-Lock feature locks automaticly when KzLock is executed.

This is the answer to the tip about locking even on restart!
Just leave Auto-Lock ON.

^_^ please send in more bugs and such.

Pho3niX
03-23-2003, 10:58 PM
this seam not to work for me, maybee cauz i'm launching it from where i've uziped the .rar... it start with that button on higligted but kazza isnt locked
wil play a bit with that

also you can restart kaza from your prog iven if you had locked it ... this may be on purpose but arent we loosing queue place when doing so ?

since you already have 95% of the code needed can you make a Krestart that close kazaa, launch kazaa then close itself ... for example if we adeed a new .dat and need kazaa to see it

from what i can understant that prog only make kazaa stay in tray forever and close menu when we click on tray icon... so having a passive mode with only certain option avalaible will be out of question without rewriting the prog

how hard it would be to have a sumarry mode ? like only show name of the file , % completed , speed and number of source. It would be great if we can acess all those info in a tooltip when we mouseover the tray either of k++ or kzlock

A very good usage of Kzlock would be
-----------------------------------------------

1) tools (klextention) / lock kazza
2) prompt pass if first time
3) replace the kazaa tray icon with something similar with either an X or a lock on it
5) when we rigth click ... have those option

- UNLOCK
- config
- My shared folder
- Kdat
- Ksig
- Find more source now
- show download summary

--------------------------------------------------------------
also maybe write a cdclint.dll (the thing we can configure klextention to load at startup) that check a registry key isLocked and start Kzlock if needed

i know than that's alot but i'd be a very great prog if it can handle those

hybridgraf
03-24-2003, 01:48 AM
KzLock actualy disables all controls on Kazaa, Hides it when it comes visible, and closes the menu on open.

and it does it continuasly, so if somebody enables a control or something it takes only 10 ms to relock all controls. ^_^

u want a Kazaa Restart then right?
Will do. :blink:

hybridgraf
03-24-2003, 08:50 PM
WOW! NEW UPDATE!!!!

KzLOCK is better than ever!! now not only lock Kazaa but you also re-move the icon from the task bar completely.

10 ms relocking just in case somebody gets any ideas!

Fixed bugz, AutoLock Bug, Restart Kazaa Bug, etc

Now Lock and Leave feature!
When you close KzLock and its still locked it will ask you if you want to leave it locked or not!

So you can Lock it, Hide it, Close it! and Kazaa will be running in the background and nobody will be the wize ass.

- Restrictions Apply, Check pack for details lol

PcH
03-24-2003, 11:24 PM
Excellent program!

Pho3niX
03-24-2003, 11:25 PM
there a small bug
----------------------
1 - shut down
2 - ask pass
3 - ask leave locked
4 - if answear == no then askpass and unlock

since the pass is the same we dont need to enter it twice

---------------------------------------------------------

this one is getting kewl ... having a command line option like "kzlock.exe /lock" would be useful so we can lock kazaa with a sigle click on tool menu

i know there's an auto lock option but not for the firt time and we may need to lock it at startup on this exection but not on all

llamastad
03-25-2003, 01:17 AM
Neat program!

enlightend
03-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Nice!! :D it hides tray icon

Like phoenix said, if you choose no to leave locked it asks for pass again.

It's not foolproof. If you:

A- End KzLock.exe, then end Kazaa process, in that order (using taskmanager), then reopen kazaa, and poof! no lock

B- Shutdown KzLock, select leave locked, then end kazaa process using taskmanager, and reopen kazaa -- no lock

basically the only way to unlock should be through the prog kzlock and no other way

Pho3niX
03-25-2003, 01:56 AM
well best way to ensure that kaza stay locked is to add an addon cd_clint.dll tru KLextention ... we know than that dll will be loaded with each instance of kazaa ... so that dll could check a reg key isLocked if so, launch kzlock ... if not unload itself (or if its only like 5k we could leave it)

but again i think main goal of this is to protect our download from malicious little brother ... :D so by the time you end kazaa from the process tree your lost with download... there an issue to hide something from process tree under win98 maybe xp

but any effort you'll made there'll alwais be security issue, even M$ cant keep his serialNuber/activation safe

if you said to have disabled all control would it be possible to pause the hide timer to let us see the trafic tab(witout being able to cancel/pause download)

for some reason i dont trust anything that use a timer, especially while i'm going away for like 24h ... at end it generally hug lot of resources, would it be better to listen at events ?? like onMaximizeWindow or whatever it is name ?

hybridgraf
03-25-2003, 02:10 AM
^_^ Bug Fixed!

On Shutdown it will only ask for the password if its locked and need to be unlocked.

:D

Now! the program uses a atom timer trick of mine so not to let people temper and such, no processing time extra then what the system is already putting out.

Pho3niX
03-25-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by hybridgraf@25 March 2003 - 03:10
Now! the program uses a atom timer trick of mine so not to let people temper and such, no processing time extra then what the system is already putting out.
really curious about that ... you and your einsten avatar being talking about atoms ... scarry

hybridgraf
03-25-2003, 06:51 AM
:ph34r: ITS TOP SECRET!!!!
if i told ya i wud have to de-atomize you. :o

secfan
03-25-2003, 09:41 AM
1. For some reason, KzLock doesn't seem to Auto-Lock/Save Password any more, after a restart of the program. Does the program have to be in a specific location/be a specific filename??? (My copy is stored in C:\Downloads\KzLock0.5++++.exe)
2. When you change a password, and the password/password confirmation don't match, and then if you press OK, nothing happens. So you should popup a message that they don't match or something like that.
3. If the KzLock Config window is open, but behind some other programs' windows, then if you try and right click the KzLock systray icon, and press Config, it doesn't bring up the Config window. The only way to bring it back up is to minimise those windows. So please fix this.
4. More options: Such as whether to show Kazaa Lite window (no access to anything on it though) or hide it completely, and also whether to show Kazaa/Lite/K++ AND/OR KzLock systray icons/systray right click menus or not, whether the password is needed to get into Config (currently no password is needed, and you can Restart Kazaa without it as well, and that would stop all downloads...), options for what happens if you single/double-click on KzLock's systray icon (does it go into Config or Trigger Lock or whatever...), limited access, timed lock/unlock and much more...
5. When the KzLock is locked, the Config window should say something like "Untrigger/Unlock Lock" instead of "Trigger Lock".
6. There is a bug: When Kazaa's TASKBAR item gets closed before locking, and then you lock it, and then click Restart Kazaa, it says that Kazaa isn't present, do you want to restart it? And if you click either yes OR no, it will Restart it anyway??? This also happens sometimes when the TASKBAR item wasn't even closed at all, and also sometimes after clicking yes OR no, it will leave Kazaa's systray icon active/unhidden even though KzLock is locked.
7. And also, KzLock becomes unlocked when it is closed/opened in this order, even though it was locked (never unlocked) at first in the program: (KzLock Locked with Kazaa open, through the Windows Task Manager: close KzLock, then close Kazaa, then reopen Kazaa.), and also this order: (KzLock Locked with Kazaa open, through the Windows Task Manager: close Kazaa, then close KzLock, then reopen Kazaa.)

Please confirm/fix all of the above. Thanx a lot in advance!!!

Donny_Brasco
03-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Version 0.5 is the latest right ? if not where can I d/l the newer function ?

hybridgraf
03-26-2003, 03:17 AM
KzLock Version 1.0 OUT !!!
Fixed all reported bugz.
New Addon DLL for Kazaa (cd_clint.dll) to start KzLock on Kazaa Start
TRY IT!!

hybridgraf
03-26-2003, 06:55 AM
New Update to Beta Release
Added:
* Close Button on Config Form
* Changed Name from "Trigger Lock" to "Lock Kazaa"
* Config not accesable when Lock is on.
* Stealth Trigger
ON = Hide Kazaa Tray Icon
* Start with Kazaa
ON = I DUNNO WHAT IT DOES :blink:
(Addon)
* No More "Kazaa not Present" on start-up.
If Kazaa wasnt not loaded when you loaded KzLock
The Restart Message Came Up.

* About Menu Item
Replaced "By Monkey"

* New Install
Install and Register -> Add-On
Install and add to Tools -> KzLock

ENJOY!

Download Install (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLInstall.exe)

Pho3niX
03-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Thanks !! hybridgraf, your the man ... now i only have to find a reason to use it 0_o

what about the Krestart proggy ?

winXPHE
03-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Kazaa Protector works gr8. tested n satisfied. 1 BIG bug(well, not a bug actually).i keep the protector to keep ppl from seeing wat im downloading(like my little bro) n not keeping ppl fm messing with the downloads.
pls add a function to password protect the My Shared Folder because wats the whole point in locking Kazaa when ppl kw wat ur downloading. i kw ppl will come up wit cons like ppl can close down Kazaa n Kazaa Protector n then access the My Shared Folder, but for ppl like me(n LOTS of others) its not a problem as we leave Kazaa on 24/7.
pls add a function SOMEHOW to password protect the My Shared Folder
10x a bunch in advance :D

winXPHE
03-27-2003, 04:03 PM
i think i saw a post under the tips section by preventing access to a folder by adding a (_) to the path in DOS mode. u can try that. wen we lock Kazaa it can also automatically add the (_) in DOS mode therby preventing access to the folder. other ppl wont suspect its such an easy method n think that Kazaa protector came up wit smetin new to protect folders. atleast its better than leaving the folder unprotected!!
u could even rip off other softwares to find other methods but that would add to the file-size of the app
just a thought
cheers :lol:

enlightend
03-27-2003, 08:25 PM
- do you think it could also lock My Shared Folder? THIS WOULD BE PERFECT!!!

- Close Install button doesn't work for installer

- use the very nice lock icon for the desktop shortcut

- When you right-click the tray icon of KzLock, the menu doesn't disappear when you click outside of it

- When you install it more than once and look in Tools and Other cd_clints of KLExtensions, Kazaa Protector is there multiple times

- still not fullproof. One can delete the registry entry of KLExt, can delete the Kzlock.exe file, can delete the cd_clint files, etc. Maybe make these files in use by windows so they can't be deleted? Maybe recreate the registry every time if not present? I dunno, something....

Also, if auto-lock isn't on, then one can get in kazaa quite easily, by the two methods (A. and B.) I mentioned before.
it won't stop any knowledgeable computer user...

THX man :)

winXPHE
03-27-2003, 08:57 PM
hey u kw i thing, it just struck me that ne1 can just delete the KzLock.exe n the KzLockAddOn.dll and Voila! there u have it, no more protection. i think u should rename the KzLockAddOn.dll to smething more technical n less eye catching so ppl wont notice it easily.i kw ppl can still delete it if they want to but its just a lil eXtra precaution.
N if u could delete KzLock.exe it would be nice to confirm wit password(i kw it aint posssible but atleast wen kazaa is on, it would atleast help those like myself who leave kazaa on 24/7 n for ppl for who kazaa starts at system startup)
cheers :P

Pho3niX
03-27-2003, 10:23 PM
still not fullproof. One can delete the registry entry of KLExt, can delete the Kzlock.exe file, can delete the cd_clint files, etc. Maybe make these files in use by windows so they can't be deleted? Maybe recreate the registry every time if not present? I dunno, something....

lol, you make me laff, of course its not fullproof, nothing is ... as soon as a program is charged in memory you can change it as much as you want ... just see what k++ make with the original kazaa prog

when you use a keygen for your favorite prog or game, guess how it was made ... if you cant block Kzlock, then you crack it

only tested with NTFS and XP PRO and a admin account:

to protect your files from other users
1) rigth click on file or folder
2) under general tab, near read-only and hidden, click on advanced button
3) click on encrypt data to secure content

now that file dould only be used by your account... if it work well you should see his name as green

hybridgraf
03-28-2003, 06:36 AM
Well indeed nothing is fullproof, but remmember that 90% of the people in earth are computer-diss~abled, so this may protect you from that percentage.

Anybody with half a brain can get over any protection, including re-installing, reset the app password etc. or just delete as so elegently put,

Now "Locking" the shared folder wud-nt help one bit, since people can just browse for it.

there is one more way!!! but it cud be as fix by a simple re-install.
lol WELL LETS TRY ANY HOO

secfan
03-28-2003, 07:31 AM
Yes, absolutely no "Protector" program (including Windows accounts etc.) can be 100% foolproof. They can all be hacked/cracked in some way. But this program will protect against a large number of users, mostly beginners. But this program was made just to protect those siblings from touching/seeing your downloads, and this program does the job well ;) (Especially for users who can limit access to the registry.) And for those who really want to password protect their My Shared Folder, maybe KzLock can change the dynamic ksharedfolder.exe/registry key so that the path ends with '_' or it changes the path or something until KzLock is unlocked.

P.S. Yes, Close Install button doesn't work, and a desktop shortcut with the KzLock icon is needed (can be optional at setup of course). And possibly also options whether to install KL Extensions menu item etc. (And also remember this program maybe for normal Kazaa users, who may not have KL Extensions installed. So maybe a specialised (selectable/detection of whether KL Extensions is installed etc.) version that only replaces the cd_clint.dll or something...)

hybridgraf
03-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Well this is more bullet proof than the last.
Remmember that its still in beta so send in your bugz.

KzLock v1.1 for K++ 2.0.3 (ALPHA) (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock11.exe)

This offers a more HARD TO BEAT aproatch.
TEMPORARY WEEKNESS : Installer resets configuration (PASSWORD INCLUDED). this will be taken care off on first release.

I had to push this one down to ALPHA since its testing is to beging with your help.

YES YES a general version will come out soon. K++ vALL

winXPHE
03-28-2003, 10:57 AM
secfan, im not only talking of disabling my shared folder through the shortcut but also through the windows explorer. isnt there neway of preventing access to a folder through windows explorer??!? theres got to be, if there aint pls hide the folder atleast wen the lock is activated n unhide it when unlocked, THE 90% would think it disappeared

secfan
03-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by winXPHE@28 March 2003 - 11:57
secfan, im not only talking of disabling my shared folder through the shortcut but also through the windows explorer. isnt there neway of preventing access to a folder through windows explorer??!? theres got to be, if there aint pls hide the folder atleast wen the lock is activated n unhide it when unlocked, THE 90% would think it disappeared
I'm not sure if you can do it under Windows Explorer and other browsers etc. Maybe Microsoft has some info about it... But also hiding the folder would be a good idea (especially if the settings are changed so that hidden folders are not viewed... some people have limited access to those settings but other people that know how to change it can still easily change it... as i said this program is good for protecting siblings or beginner users but advanced users can still probably crack some other things as nothing is 100% foolproof - maybe the My Shared Folder, but maybe they may not be able to crack this new version of KzLock that is fully integrated with KL.)

winXPHE
03-28-2003, 11:29 AM
hey einstein, i mean hybridgraf. the link for the alpha release is a broken 1. well not broken actually, the installer seems corrupt. i tried downloading it without download accelerators n wit DAP. both turned out to be corrupt. is it just me or ya'll having the same problem? im on 56k
neways keep em coming einstein :lol:

But also hiding the folder would be a good idea (especially if the settings are changed so that hidden folders are not viewed... some people have limited access to those settings but other people that know how to change it can still easily change it yea thats wat im sayin, u could smehow change the folder options to 'do not show hidden files' automatically while installing

secfan
03-28-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by winXPHE@28 March 2003 - 12:29
hey einstein, i mean hybridgraf. the link for the alpha release is a broken 1. well not broken actually, the installer seems corrupt. i tried downloading it without download accelerators n wit DAP. both turned out to be corrupt. is it just me or ya'll having the same problem? im on 56k
neways keep em coming einstein :lol:

But also hiding the folder would be a good idea (especially if the settings are changed so that hidden folders are not viewed... some people have limited access to those settings but other people that know how to change it can still easily change it yea thats wat im sayin, u could smehow change the folder options to 'do not show hidden files' automatically while installing
Yes, maybe he can implement that into KzLock. (Plus M$ can protect a folder from being accessed by another account.)

Plus the link works (well at least for me...). However the problem is when it's installed when I run KL, only KzLock/kpp.exe is being run, not KL...

hybridgraf
03-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Try it gain! i reuploaded the original.

hybridgraf
03-28-2003, 06:57 PM
This version will (shud) work with all versions of K++.

KzLock 1.1 BETA for all K++ versions past, present and future (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock11.exe)

Try It!

Pho3niX
03-28-2003, 09:18 PM
does that last one include the security option of v2 alpha ... or is just and upgrade to v1 that support diferent install mode ? (i'll download n see ;) )

thanks for putting so much time into it and remember the more secure isnt neceserly the best if it hug up all the ressource, also if you protect my shared folder, first let us set the path to it (or autodetec from reg) and remember this should NOT stop us from sharing (eg putting all the files into one big file isnt a great idea)

Sarkie_2002
03-28-2003, 11:00 PM
well I little program called WinGuard Pro can protect folders. It is done by get the name for the title bar this can only work when searching using explorer but this can be easily got around just by changing the name of the folder. But it could help you!!

enlightend
03-28-2003, 11:56 PM
i wish i could test it but it keeps crashing my kazaa

everytime i open kazaa, kzlock starts with it and crashes it...

WinXP pro

hybridgraf
03-29-2003, 01:13 AM
It seems to have that effect on some versions of Kazaa,
since it "Infects" the KPP.exe it is all done on the fly.

I must work out the bugs.

HEAR YE HEAR YE
ALL VERSIONS THAT FAIL TO RUN LIKE enlightend PLEASE UNINSTALL AND EMAIL ME THE KPP.EXE. :rolleyes:
COMPRESS THE FILE IF POSIBLE (RAR, ZIP, ARC. TZ)

TO UNINSTALL SIMPLY RUN THE SETUP AGAIN AND HIT UNINSTALL.
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. :(

WHE CAN BEET THIS BUG ONE AND FOR ALL!!! ARE YOU WITH ME! :angry:
:o NOW GOOO EMAIL MEE!!!!

[email protected]

Pho3niX
03-29-2003, 04:00 AM
Patch kpp.exe what a great idea !! I almost said yesterday that the best security we could have was Random Nut to integrate that into kpp... you kinda make it

... B4 aplying this patch make sure you unregister the KzlockAddOn.dll or program migth be launched twice ... one with kpp and one with the dll ... this may be the y of the chrash on startup

also be sure to close kazaa b4 aplying patch and backup your current kpp.exe

if you do all that you'll have no problem (with current non-beta k++)

man this is going really cool

two thing should be fixed ...
1) you dont add anymore kzlock in tools
2) you dont have the possibility to dissable launch on startup option

those "bug" migth be by desing but it still better to let us choose to load it or not

A primitive protection would be to keep minimized/hidden/close all window with the same title that the kazaa folder

hybridgraf
03-29-2003, 06:25 AM
WHY THANK YOU! :D

Kindly yours.
Random Nut.

winXPHE
03-29-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Sarkie_2002@29 March 2003 - 00:00
well I little program called WinGuard Pro can protect folders. It is done by get the name for the title bar this can only work when searching using explorer but this can be easily got around just by changing the name of the folder. But it could help you!!
but wont that affect our downloads? suppose ur downloading to 'my shared folder' n it changes to 'shared folder', the path for the folder for downloaded files would still be 'my shared folder'. then wouldnt that coz ne probs? ill test it neways ;)

Plus M$ can protect a folder from being accessed by another account einstein maybe u could do smething that could make windows make sme folders inaccessable by SOMEHOW making it think its a protected folder of another user. it has 2 cons though
will work only for NT, XP users(but then again mayb u could make a separate installer fo NT n XP users)
mite not work if u got only 1 account :(

hybridgraf
03-29-2003, 07:18 AM
Thanks to everybody who has sent in there Kpp.exe!
Some worked here fine, some didnt.

Thats "computer" life for ya.

Well i updated anyways to make the patch engine more precise.
This shud work.

P.S. i am working on the Share Folder thing.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock11.exe)

WARNING! Uninstall with previews version of 1.1, this uses a different aproatch.
Remove AddOn dll if still installed.
Remove KzLock.exe (back up just in case)

HAVE FUN my GUIN-E-PIGS.

winXPHE
03-29-2003, 10:53 AM
einstien, i tested it on K++2.1.0 build2 rc6(OS winP Pro), works like a charm B) !! best part is even if K++ is patched, u can still shut it down after entering the password.
the approach is VERY cool! no way to mess wit the protector unless u mess wit Kazaa :)
wheres the uninstaller? :unsure:
glad to hear ur working on the my shared folder thingy :rolleyes:

cheers :D

Pho3niX
03-29-2003, 02:14 PM
The Uninstall feature of this will unpatch the kpp.exe however an cant uninstall while locked feature will be great

You could still keep the start with kazza option with something like this

- Click on it
- CONFIRM "Kazaa will need to be restarted to do so, \n continue " (yes,no)
- PROMPT password
- Close kazza
- patch/unpatch kpp.exe (may need a isKazaaPatched key in registry)
- restart kazaa

so we can uninstall it if we loose the installer or things like that
since it ask the pass+ config cant be acessed while locked i see no security hole using that

Pho3niX
03-29-2003, 02:58 PM
since you already have 95% of the code needed can you make a Krestart that close kazaa, launch kazaa then close itself ... for example if we adeed a new .dat and need kazaa to see it

u want a Kazaa Restart then right?
Will do. 

what about the Krestart proggy ?

winXPHE
03-29-2003, 04:05 PM
3 things though einstein,
1. {REMOVED sme nonsense} In the about box, take 'the Add-on help' out coz there is no add-on now.
2. the restart Kazaa option should be added to the right click menu when unlocked instead of going all the way to config(theres no need for restart Kazaa or lock Kazaa in config as it aint no config)
3. this has been mentioned b4 but not fixed the right click menu does not disappear when curson is clicked outside it

Zone
03-30-2003, 03:12 AM
How do you remove this from your system? I can't uninstall it or remove is via registry...how do you remove it?? :o

Siras
03-30-2003, 04:05 AM
wtf?
I ran it and i ran kazaa again and run time error

Pho3niX
03-30-2003, 04:21 AM
run intaller again... where there was install you should now see an uninstall button

hybridgraf
03-30-2003, 08:50 AM
UPDATES:
Fixed up some code,
Processing code,
Installer,
Un-Installer,
and protection scheme.

:blink: New uninstaller module has been added.
Built during install.
Password Protected.
No Shortcut (Why make it easier).
Gets generated in the Kazaa directory.
File Name: KzLockRemove.exe
Module Type: Console
Protection: Password Protected.

:lol: Added:
New About Dialog. (LOOK AT IT)
Added "Restart Kazaa" to System Tray Icon Menu
Made Installer alittle more solid.

:( Pending:
STI Menu wont close on outside click (i cant find out why yet)

Download NOW! (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock11.exe)

P.S. again to all who used this app and it didnt work send your kpp.exe files to me via my email : :ph34r: [email protected]

secfan
03-30-2003, 09:24 AM
hybridgraf (einstein/monkey O_o etc.), with the KzLock version 1.1 and above (including 1.1.2), I get illegal operations (9x)/stop errors saying that program needs to close (xp), with OR without KzLock installed. (If it's installed, and if I then run KL, I get "tmpA00.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.", but KzLock and systray icon open fine, but if it's not installed and then I run KL I get kpp.exe... instead.) I shall send you my kpp.exe for you to work out what's wrong.

Bugs/suggestions:
1. Now you can only double-clicking the KzLock systray icon to lock it, but not to unlock it.
2. If KzLock is unlocked, and then you right click the icon to get the menu, and then you double-click the icon to lock it, the menu should either change to what it should be when it's locked, or be closed down.
3. Maybe you can get rid of the Shut-Down menu item when it's locked??? (or at least make it an option whether you want a Shut-Down menu item while locked or not or something like that... and maybe also add an option whether you want Restart Kazaa and Config menu items while locked as well or not (but you still need password to get in) and also even About menu item while locked or not (as the siblings might find out what it is and complain and try to mess it up lol) and etc...)
4. Maybe an option/way to start KzLock without starting Kazaa and vice versa even though both are still installed... (And also what happens if Kazaa gets uninstalled, does KzLock password protect that uninstall as well or not and are there options and etc.??? And if it does get uninstalled, does KzLock get uninstalled as well, or does it remain on the system but doesn't work or something like that???)

P.S. Thanx for putting my name in your About/credits box!!! ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :)

hybridgraf
03-30-2003, 11:39 AM
send me your kpp.exe (after u uninstall and Kazaa is working fine)
to : [email protected]

i will check these bugz out and see what can be changed and so forth.
since some go against other opinions i must tally them out and see by votes.

call me "Evil Betty" its easier to remmember. lol j/k

now go send me that file

secfan
03-30-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by hybridgraf@30 March 2003 - 12:39
send me your kpp.exe (after u uninstall and Kazaa is working fine)
to : [email protected]

i will check these bugz out and see what can be changed and so forth.
since some go against other opinions i must tally them out and see by votes.

call me "Evil Betty" its easier to remmember. lol j/k

now go send me that file
OK "Evil Betty" ;) only now I have sent 2 copies of kpp.exe (both zipped, one with kzlock installed, the other without) to that kzlock@... E-Mail address, since I hadn't heard of it and only sent to the other 2 E-Mails (hybridgraf@... and messenger@...)...

And the thing is Kazaa does NOT work fine even after KzLock is uninstalled... :angry: :(

hybridgraf
03-30-2003, 04:56 PM
:o it seems that things have gone "array".
Sad and Disturbing this Is.

the files didnt come
i got mearly a shadow of there former self (THEY CAME IN AS ZERO LENGTH)
first time this has happened to me.

basics
03-30-2003, 05:48 PM
UVA ALL BEEN HACKED BY THE STEIN!!!

Sarkie_2002
03-30-2003, 06:36 PM
well I have founda massive flaw in your Uninstaller mate.

After creating it open KzLockRemove.exe with Notepad scroll to the bottom of the notepad and the last word in the file is the Password !!!

This is the latest KZlock I had when dling it. :P Oh well it is a BETA

winXPHE
03-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Buzz off basics! :wacko: :angry:
Evil Betty, tested the newest test build. works like a charm.....as supposed to.

3. Maybe you can get rid of the Shut-Down menu item when it's locked??? (or at least make it an option whether you want a Shut-Down menu item while locked or not or something like that... and maybe also add an option whether you want Restart Kazaa and Config menu items while locked as well or not (but you still need password to get in) and also even About menu item while locked or not (as the siblings might find out what it is and complain and try to mess it up lol) and etc...)
4. Maybe an option/way to start KzLock without starting Kazaa and vice versa even though both are still installed...
even i wanted that shut down menu to go away at 1st but then i understood its beauty!! :lol: its really useful if u want to hide the system tray icon whilst Kazaa is protected. it wouldn't give ne reason for the siblings to be suspicious n if it was discovered, it would be protected neways :) :D :lol: Betty pls let that remain the way it is!adding restart menu or the config menu does more harm than good. how long is it gonna take u to enter in ur password? but i sure agree that the about box should be hidden(if its Ok wit Betty)bcoz the siblings could do a search on google or smetin n turn up wit smetin that mite help em get around the protector.i dont think ur 4th point is practical(as kpp.exe is patched)or required

(And also what happens if Kazaa gets uninstalled, does KzLock password protect that uninstall as well or not and are there options and etc.??? And if it does get uninstalled, does KzLock get uninstalled as well, or does it remain on the system but doesn't work or something like that???) yea wat really happens?
BTW Betty, while uninstalling, remember is spelt wrong n i think it would be better if it said 'Press enter to continue' (makes it easier for the newbies). I think u should rename the uninstaller to smetin more technical like Kzunins00 or smetin (a lil bit added security :) )
Lastly, i REALLY think u should get rid of the Lock Kazaa n Restart Kazaa from the config menu as it seriously aint no config(n besides its already there in the right click menu)
how far has the shared folder thingy come along? ne progress? sure hope so!

hybridgraf
03-31-2003, 06:41 AM
Sarkie_2002:
Fine Fine, thanks for revealing where the password is stored!!! yes its a beta still so i didnt activate the encryption. NOW I DID.

winXPHE:
Actually it is packed, it uses AsPack since its a bit harder to crack and better compression ratio with files larger than 400Kb, the best part is that it doesnt supply an unpack feature like UPX does.

I cant remove the items from the config dialog since it looks naked without them. Maybe Later.

I can shrink it down if i redooo the project on Masm32 insteed of Delphi but the GUI will suffer. I like a good looking app more than a small one some times.

Haa i see you understood why i made the leave locked feature and shutdown feature. thats the best way to go if you dont want your boss to see you downloading stuff on company hours. lol.

Sorry for the spelling. DAMN "NATURAL KEYBOARD" its all wierd. plus i wrote that with atleast 4 hours of sleep deprevation. :blink:

General:
Added New "Mechican Patching Action" MUY CALIENTE lol

Kazaa and KzLock wont start toguether no more.
A shortcut will be created on the desktop that openes KzLock and Kazaa (if not already opened) and the old Kazaa shortcuts will load Kazaa only.

Download KzLock 1.1.3 (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock113.exe)

secfan
03-31-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by winXPHE@30 March 2003 - 19:46
Buzz off basics! :wacko: :angry:
Evil Betty, tested the newest test build. works like a charm.....as supposed to.

4. Maybe an option/way to start KzLock without starting Kazaa and vice versa even though both are still installed...
even i wanted that shut down menu to go away at 1st but then i understood its beauty!! :lol: its really useful if u want to hide the system tray icon whilst Kazaa is protected. it wouldn't give ne reason for the siblings to be suspicious n if it was discovered, it would be protected neways :) :D :lol: Betty pls let that remain the way it is!adding restart menu or the config menu does more harm than good. how long is it gonna take u to enter in ur password? but i sure agree that the about box should be hidden(if its Ok wit Betty)bcoz the siblings could do a search on google or smetin n turn up wit smetin that mite help em get around the protector.i dont think ur 4th point is practical(as kpp.exe is patched)or required

(And also what happens if Kazaa gets uninstalled, does KzLock password protect that uninstall as well or not and are there options and etc.??? And if it does get uninstalled, does KzLock get uninstalled as well, or does it remain on the system but doesn't work or something like that???) yea wat really happens?
BTW Betty, while uninstalling, remember is spelt wrong n i think it would be better if it said 'Press enter to continue' (makes it easier for the newbies). I think u should rename the uninstaller to smetin more technical like Kzunins00 or smetin (a lil bit added security :) )
Lastly, i REALLY think u should get rid of the Lock Kazaa n Restart Kazaa from the config menu as it seriously aint no config(n besides its already there in the right click menu)
how far has the shared folder thingy come along? ne progress? sure hope so!
Well maybe Auto-Lock, Stealth and Change Password can be under the heading of Config, and Restart/Lock Kazaa can be under another heading like Options/Actions etc. (Maybe also add an option to change the Uninstaller password???)

Other bugs and suggestions:
1. Remember is still spelt wrong in uninstaller lol ;) :lol:
2. Menu still need to be made so that it closes while you click elsewhere without clicking on one of the menu items.
3. Still double-clicking the systray icon for KzLock only locks it, but not unlocks it. (Maybe make some option to configure this???)
4. Options to open up with kpp.exe/kazaa executable or not. (And other KPP/K++/Kazaa/Lite/Startup options etc.)
5. Restart Kazaa... should be Restart Kazaa without the ..., because the ... symbolises more options in a new window/dialog box. (So maybe instead put About... and/or Config...)
6. Make it so that you can't open multiple About boxes and also the box that confirms whether you want to leave Kazaa locked if you try to shut KzLock down while it is locked. (Also add an option to Cancel for that box, in case someone presses it accidently, and want to cancel instead. Also that box should be automatically closed if KzLock is unlocked before you press Yes or No.)
7. Maybe an option/feature to confirm whether you want KzLock to be locked if you try to shut it down if it is unlocked. (Sometimes people forget/press shut-down by accident etc...)
8. If you leave any windows (such as About box, Config box or Change Password box) open, and then you lock it throught the systray menu item, then they won't be closed. However if you lock it through the config, then it closes the config window only, not the about box. Therefore you should make it close all of those windows whenever it is being locked.
9. If any of those windows are being "hidden" by windows of other programs, and if you try to bring it back up by using the menu items (Config/About), sometimes it doesn't come up, unless you minimise the windows covering it etc...
10. I found it strange how if you open the Config box first, and then opening the About Box afterwards, you cannot click on Config to make it active again, unless you close the About box. But vice versa, if you open the About Box first, then the Config box, both boxes can be active. Also happens if you open the Change Password box before the About box and vice versa. (Once I had it so that I had Config/Change Password boxes open, and then opened the About box, but it actually opened beneath the Config/Change Password boxes, and I couldn't click on the Config/Change Password boxes to make them active, and I couldn't get to the About box either (I even tried opening both Config/About through the menu items again, but no luck). So basically I had to Shut-Down KzLock before I could have access to About/Config/Change Password boxes again.) So therefore you should make it so that only one instance of About/Config/Change Password/Shut-Down Leave Kazaa Locked Or Not Confirmation boxes etc. can be opened, and if any two of them are open at the same time, all boxes can be made active by clicking on them.

Hope you understand all that, einstein Evil Betty!!! ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :)

P.S. What did you say about the zero length thing??? Does that mean you didn't get my files??? :angry: :( Should I send them again???

hybridgraf
03-31-2003, 09:23 AM
YEP send them again!

Hehehe i thoght i fixed that uninstall thiggy go figure. :S

gotta sleep
later

winXPHE
03-31-2003, 11:45 AM
Restart Kazaa... should be Restart Kazaa without the ..., because the ... symbolises more options in a new window/dialog box. (So maybe instead put About... and/or Config...) dint get that part sure hope Evil Betty did :rolleyes:

Options to open up with kpp.exe/kazaa executable or not. (And other KPP/K++/Kazaa/Lite/Startup options etc.)

Kazaa and KzLock wont start toguether no more.
A shortcut will be created on the desktop that openes KzLock and Kazaa (if not already opened) and the old Kazaa shortcuts will load Kazaa only NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Evil Betty, wats the whole point in making a protector when u can access Kazaa without it? all u have to do is end kpp.exe n KazaaLite.kpp even wen its locked n open Kazaa from the default shortcut. dint do much testing coz this release is a major flop (sorry for the downer). it should be like before, only option is not to Autolock Kazaa at start up or to AutoLock it but Kazaa Protector MUST start with Kazaa!

I can shrink it down if i redooo the project on Masm32 insteed of Delphi but the GUI will suffer. I like a good looking app more than a small one some times. if its not too much to ask, pls redo the project Masm32. filesize is much more important than the GUI!n besides only the config n about menu looks fancy.maybe redoing it will also fix other bugs n errors(like the STI menu bug)
1 more thing ive noticed y isnt the uninstaller deleted after uninstalling?
Keep at it Einstein :unsure:

secfan
03-31-2003, 01:05 PM
What I mean by the ... at the end of words: just look at Microsoft's menu items, the ones with ... at the end will open up a new dialog box or something similar (usually options and settings etc.). For example look at Internet Explorer's menu items.

Yes, I agree that KzLock must be started with Kazaa, but what if sometimes Kazaa doesn't start (i.e. has some errors or something that prevents it from starting etc.)??? And vice versa if KzLock doesn't start but Kazaa does.

And also it would be a good idea to switch from Delphi to Masm32, as even hasnain (the maker of K-Sig/Dat) is switching out of Delphi to Visual C++, because he says Delphi has slower processing time or something and larger file sizes. At the same time it may also fix up the STI menu bug.

There should also be password protection or encryption on normal Kazaa uninstall (and maybe even Kazaa install, as siblings and others could install over/on top of current Kazaa and mess things up, maybe require it to uninstall the current Kazaa first and/or ask for password first), and/or password protect/encrypt Kazaa's system files so that they can't get deleted even if Kazaa is closed. I know this may not be 100% foolproof, but give it a shot.

Also all uninstaller files should be deleted after uninstall.

P.S. Einstein, I have also sent the 2 kpp.exe zip files to all 3 E-Mails "properly" now, they should work, please check them ASAP!!!

winXPHE
03-31-2003, 01:45 PM
but what if sometimes Kazaa doesn't start (i.e. has some errors or something that prevents it from starting etc.)??? And vice versa if KzLock doesn't start but Kazaa does. simple uninstall it or uninstall Kazaa if uninstalling Protector does no good n send kpp.exe to Einstein! ;)

There should also be password protection or encryption on normal Kazaa uninstall (and maybe even Kazaa install, as siblings and others could install over/on top of current Kazaa and mess things up, maybe require it to uninstall the current Kazaa first and/or ask for password first), and/or password protect/encrypt Kazaa's system files so that they can't get deleted even if Kazaa is closed. I know this may not be 100% foolproof, but give it a shot. yea smetin like that would sure be helpful. u could make kpp.exe a read only file or smetin or smehow replace the Kazaa Lite uninstaller wit a password protected 1. neways dont 4get the My Shared Folder protection. Pls try to come up wit smetin B)
BTW i think it would be better if in the About Box, it went v1.x.x instead of V.1.x.x
cheers :P

Pho3niX
03-31-2003, 10:38 PM
Evil betty, if the reason y you remove the start with kazaa is problem with kpp.exe then you should let us download a pre patched one with standard install path

the KzlockAddOn.dll was a good compromise between security and stability.

maybee having a option to choose pathing mode (dll, kpp.exe, download pre-patched kpp.exe from url or just dont start with kazaa) could be usefull, saying that kpp.exe is in betta and if it crash please use dll method

also backup kpp.exe to something like kpp.res or kpp.old becose some ppl had problem with uninstalling

hybridgraf
04-01-2003, 12:45 AM
it actually wasnt a limit its just a security thing. I must protect dont i? thats why i made the Shortcut on the Destop to run KzLite. aldo they both reside in the same executable.

hybridgraf
04-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Changed Config Menu!
Fixed dblclick on try icon bug.
Updates to KzLock Core
Updates to KzLock Uninstall

Download KzLock 1.1.4 (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock114.exe)
Download KzLock 1.1.4 Stand-Alone (NO INSTALL) (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock.exe)

winXPHE
04-01-2003, 04:49 PM
the KzlockAddOn.dll was a good compromise between security and stability. i'd prefer the patch nedays, works gr8 for me.

maybee having a option to choose pathing mode (dll, kpp.exe, download pre-patched kpp.exe from url or just dont start with kazaa) could be usefull, saying that kpp.exe is in betta and if it crash please use dll method i agree but for the dll thing. the patch works wonders!

also backup kpp.exe to something like kpp.res or kpp.old becose some ppl had problem with uninstallingnot necessary as most ppl (like myself)have never had ne problems wit it. u could do the backup urself.
im downloading the new release, ill test it n get back ASAP
cheers :rolleyes:

winXPHE
04-01-2003, 04:58 PM
but then again, i think i wont. Einstein its all wrong again! u can start Kazaa witout the Protector. i think u should redo ur program on Masm32 upto version 1.1.2 (im still using that version n happy wit it) n continue developing from there on. last 2 releases were major flops. serves no purpose just adds a lil file size. secfan would agree im sure.
Einstein pls concentrate on the more important things like the My Shared Folder n other bugs(which i hope would go away wen u redo ur program)
10x in advance ;)

enlightend
04-02-2003, 03:31 AM
einstein at it again! I like what you did with the task manager process, now kzlock can't really be ended...

only way to uninstall is running KzLockRemove.exe, right?

Basically you've covered more than enough to keep conventional users from snooping in your kazaa. As I understand it's meant to keep your kazaa safe until you return to your downloads, not to make kazaa exclusively for your own use. In any event very useful for me...

Thx for a great prog (and mentioning me in credits, I wasn't expecting that :D )

secfan
04-02-2003, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by winXPHE@1 April 2003 - 17:58
but then again, i think i wont. Einstein its all wrong again! u can start Kazaa witout the Protector. i think u should redo ur program on Masm32 upto version 1.1.2 (im still using that version n happy wit it) n continue developing from there on. last 2 releases were major flops. serves no purpose just adds a lil file size. secfan would agree im sure.
Einstein pls concentrate on the more important things like the My Shared Folder n other bugs(which i hope would go away wen u redo ur program)
10x in advance ;)
Yes, nothing much has really been changed after v1.12, only minor things that can't really be spotted except the config. Most of my suggestions have not been implemented, especially the ones about opening multiple About boxes and not being able to make other boxes active etc. Just read my posts above and please implement them ASAP!!!

And also there are still some flaws, if you end both kpp.exe and kazaalite.kpp through the Windows Task Manager, and then restart Kazaa, the lock is broken. (Unless the user doesn't have access to the Windows Task Manager.) And if someone ends kazaalite.kpp only, Kazaa will be shutdown anyway and downloads cannot continue (and afterwards siblings could still press No if it asked for restarting Kazaa). Maybe some protection on making it not possible to end either kpp.exe, kazaalite.kpp or both, or hiding those processes or something like that... But obviously not all flaws are possible to block, for example you can't really prevent someone turning the computer off, logging off, restarting, shutting down or a power cut etc. (and after that deleting kzlock/kazaa through DOS or even within Windows) but those are really physical flaws and we just want to prevent those basic flaws. (And also does KzLock get screwed up if someone installs a fresh copy of Kazaa/Lite on top of what's already on the hard drive with KzLock???)

And maybe an option to make it auto-restart (if it detects if Kazaa isn't started), options for whether it asks for restart (if it detects Kazaa isn't started) or not and limited access etc. And also a more graphical based uninstallation (instead of just DOS prompt) would be nice (just like the actual KzLock program.)

So please try and implement any/most/all of my appropriate bugs/suggestions that I have written here. Thanx!!! ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :)

Longdong
04-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Just like to say F**King great program!!

However howcome when you shut down Kazaa protector in its locked state and then choose yes to 'Leave kazaa locked?' it only remains locked untill the computer is rebooted i.e. it is unlocked after a reboot. would it be possible to give the option to keep it locked even after a reboot?

Sorry if this has already been asked!

winXPHE
04-02-2003, 01:19 PM
And also a more graphical based uninstallation (instead of just DOS prompt) would be nice (just like the actual KzLock program.) the only thing i dont agree. secfan is rite in all other cases. i wouldnt mind if the whole app looked DOS like except for the Systray icon (the config n about is also ok wit me) but no1 uses the uninstaller regularly to look at it. it'd just add more to the filesize.
Einstein wat i gotta say is pls redo he program n reduce the file size as much as u can n continue wit patching kpp.exe witout ne option to start Kazaa witout it (from v1.1.2) n fix the errors that r reported wit kpp.exe
wouldnt mind if the test release was of big filesize tat automatically backed up kpp.exe for testin as long as the final release remains small
cheers :rolleyes:

hybridgraf
04-03-2003, 03:43 AM
BIG NEWS!!!

i started the MASM32 version for K++
this version wont have the kool GUI but it will have a wopping size difference
the final release will be around 50 kb compared to the 500 kb version out today :D

winXPHE
04-03-2003, 09:57 AM
YIPEEEEEE!! Einstein, im so happy to hear it!! cant wait for it. tis is gonna b so cool. man im excited. hey i small fav though, pls develop it not further than v1.1.2 n release the test build, follow the patching method n make sure the protector starts wit Kazaa
Secfan say smetin fer chrissakes!! :rolleyes: :D :lol:
im ova ta top

secfan
04-03-2003, 10:24 AM
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't wait!!! With this program, and all the other tools, Kazaa Lite actually looks like something good now!!! I just hope that most or all of my suggestions are implemented in the new beta... so please do this, and release a test build soon!!! ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :)

winXPHE
04-03-2003, 04:04 PM
can we have a date pls wen we can eXpect a test release?
10x :rolleyes:

Pho3niX
04-05-2003, 03:12 AM
GREAT !!

if you want a chance of this being include in k++ installer then you have to think to users wish will use this sometime only

so if winXPHE is so against a possibility to NOT load prog at startup (wich personally i'm for) then add an option to load at startup ONLY IF kazaa is locked so there no security issue + we dont have to close the prog each time kazaa load

maybee having a separate exe or .bat wish load Kzlock in "lock now and hide" mode would be great ... so if kzlock isnt runing we can use "tools>locks now" instead of "tool>kzlock>lock>close>keep locked"

BTW since v 1.1 you stop to include kxlock in tools

i promise one day i'll stop but till that day i still need a Krestart prog :D :D

winXPHE
04-05-2003, 11:49 AM
so if winXPHE is so against a possibility to NOT load prog at startup (wich personally i'm for) then add an option to load at startup ONLY IF kazaa is locked so there no security issue + we dont have to close the prog each time kazaa load Pho3niX, im so against the Protector not loading wit program startup as it would be a major flaw! as mentioned earlier, ppl would just end task(kpp.exe n kazaalite.kpp) n access the program through its default shortcut. the protector would then prove useless. personally, i think its rite for the protector to load wit either the Autolock enabled or disabled n besides im sure it wont take up much of ur resources n if u still want to shut it down, all u have to do is select it fm the STI menu n then its gone(wen its unlocked, thats the time wen u usually wanna shut it off). that simple!

maybee having a separate exe or .bat wish load Kzlock in "lock now and hide" mode would be great ... so if kzlock isnt runing we can use "tools>locks now" instead of "tool>kzlock>lock>close>keep locked" that would add to filesize(i kw only a few kb), its better if Einstein keeps it as small as possible to increase chances of the Protector being included in the installer, but the "lock now and hide" would be a great thing to add in the STI menu while unlocked
im sssoooo excited ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :)

Pho3niX
04-05-2003, 06:23 PM
i migth have missexprimed myself ... se that as a feature more than a restriction

curent version of kzlock will launch protector when there's a /kzlock switch

"C:\Program Files\KaZaA Lite\kpp.exe" /kzlock

what i'm asking for is

IF /kzlock OR isKazaaLocked=true THEN launch kzlock.exe

Another major flaw (wich personally i dont care)

when you open the uninstaller with a hex editor you see a lot of 0
then one line of text

changing that line to

4D 4E 4F 48 49 05 00 00 00 (MNOHI)

will set password of the uninstaller to 12345 ! :P

winXPHE
04-06-2003, 01:59 AM
id still prefer it to start wit Kazaa Lite, feel more secure that way.
BTW, i tink even the text box (Kazaa Protector) wen ur cursor is abovr the STI wen locked should be disabled otherwise there is no point in hiding the about box as all the dodos would do a search n come up wit smetin

Pho3niX
04-06-2003, 02:55 AM
then make your shortcut point to kpp.exe /kzlock instead of kpp.exe
better of each world those who want it at start have it ... other dont :ph34r:

winXPHE
04-06-2003, 05:38 PM
ne dodo can fiddle wit the shortcut specially wen they cant get to Kazaa n this will be tha 1st tip in most sites to get around the protector, dont want to make it easier for the siblings, do we? :rolleyes:
back to square 1 :lol: :D

Pho3niX
04-06-2003, 06:50 PM
that is why i asked to start it for /kzlock OR if isKazaLocked = true
the / kzlock in your shortcut is only to decide launch kzlock or not when KAZAA IS NOT LOCKED

happy arguing :)

enlightend
04-07-2003, 02:27 AM
just put back the nice graphical interface for 1.2 and it'll be perfect

hybridgraf
04-07-2003, 03:30 AM
:lol: NEW KZLock 1.2 STANDALONE version is now available for testing (ALPHA)
Built in MASM32 so its size is like no other version out there.
a wooping 16kb!!!!

DOWNLOAD NOW! (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLock12.exe)

PLEASE TEST!
P.S. NO MENTIONING THE LACK OF SOME PREVIEWS FEATURES :angry: lol

hybridgraf
04-07-2003, 04:34 AM
THATS THE PROBLEM
se that was what made KzLock so HUGE, not the GUI but the fact that i made that GUI for Delphi.

Masm is restricted to ugly but effective for now. but i will look into it. :lol:

hybridgraf
04-07-2003, 08:33 AM
By the way HERE YA GO!

KAZAA RESTART 0.0001
Download Kazaa Restart (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzRestart.exe)

Double Click to Restart Kazaa
Double RIGHT Click to Close Kazaa Restart :D

Longdong
04-07-2003, 10:29 AM
i dont see what the big problem is in having a 500kb installer. its not exactly going to take long to download is it?

winXPHE
04-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Pho3nix, i give up. u win! Einstein can u add an option like Start wit Kazaa(if its enabled then start wit Kazaa unlocked) but if Autolock is also enabled, start wit Kazaa locked. if its not(Start wit Kazaa or watever), then dont start it, but pls dont fiddle wit shortcuts. (Pho3nix u better agree wit this)

just put back the nice graphical interface for 1.2 and it'll be perfect enlightend, it would b gr8 if could take sme time to read previous posts b4 posting but im glad Einstein is gonna look into it!

i dont see what the big problem is in having a 500kb installer. its not exactly going to take long to download is it? same goes for u Longdong, pls read previous posts b4 posting. the Masm32 version, with the same effectiveness of the delphi version n a whopping size difference (even though it comes at a cost of the lack of GUI) is to increase chances of the Protector being included in the Kazaa Lite installer.
now for the bugs
1st n BIGGEST bug, its a stand alone version n not those kpp patches, Kazaa can be started witout Protector(end Protector n KazaaLite.kpp n access through default shortcut). Einstein Protector must be those kpp.exe patches best way to ensure better security
i just got it, more to come soon :D :lol:

winXPHE
04-07-2003, 07:36 PM
secfan u alive or have u been hit by lightning or smetin?
haven't heard fm u in ages!! ;) :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :) :P
HELLO THE MASM32 VERSION IS OUT! haven't u got nething to say??
BTW Einstein, seems the STI menu bug is still haunting us! :angry:

hybridgraf
04-08-2003, 02:48 AM
Re-Member that ist a BETA, it will get released in two versions

STAND-ALONE and PATCH

BUT there will be one more little thing to add to make it Cleaner.

secfan
04-08-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by winXPHE@7 April 2003 - 20:36
secfan u alive or have u been hit by lightning or smetin?
haven't heard fm u in ages!! ;) :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :) :P
HELLO THE MASM32 VERSION IS OUT! haven't u got nething to say??
BTW Einstein, seems the STI menu bug is still haunting us! :angry:
Sorry, but I've been talking to Einstein through MSN as well. I was also waiting for you and Phoenix to finish this "debate" ;) The main bugs are really the STI menu bug, and the patch/standalone/multiple window/start with kazaa issues. I think this program should just be for K++ Kazaa Lite versions only (encourages ppl to get it), it should only be a patch (it will avoid a lot of the "end task" flaws, unless Einstein can prevent the flaws in the standalone version), have options to start/don't start kzlock if kazaa is opened and vice versa (start/don't start kazaa if kzlock is opened etc.), and auto-lock will just work the way it is, if activated then kzlock will be lock at startup, else don't lock at startup, but another new option maybe to have an "extra stealth" feature, where kazaa's window will be closed and system tray icon hidden, and having the kzlock system tray icon also hidden when locked (as if kazaa was locked but it was closed and left kazaa locked etc.), unlike the current stealth function which only hides kazaa's system tray icon when locked, but not the kzlock system tray icon. And also fix the multiple window/dialog issues, and that's about it. After that then maybe Einstein could create 2 versions, 1 which is all simple and has no/little graphical stuff etc. ("lite"/"basic" version etc.), and the other will have all the graphical stuff ("enhanced"/"full" version etc.)!!! ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: :)

Pho3niX
04-08-2003, 11:23 AM
YAHOOOOOOOO

By the way HERE YA GO!

KAZAA RESTART 0.0001
Download Kazaa Restart

Double RIGHT Click to Close Kazaa Restart 

secfan
04-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Pho3niX@8 April 2003 - 12:23
YAHOOOOOOOO

By the way HERE YA GO!

KAZAA RESTART 0.0001
Download Kazaa Restart

Double RIGHT Click to Close Kazaa Restart

Hmmm I don't see the point of this program as KzLock already has a "Restart Kazaa" function...

secfan
04-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Plus a major problem I've had (largely to do with the STI bug): If you right click on the KzLock systray icon and the menu popsup and then click somewhere else (not on the menu), the menu will stay and if you then try and open other windows it will mess up (sometimes if you click on taskbar items they just push down but don't actually pop up and may freeze and other issues like that, Show Desktop may not actually show the desktop until one of the windows are "unfrozen", and KL may also freeze etc.) This has been happening in other occasions where the menu is still open and you click somewhere else, so I think it's really a bug in Windows XP. But this can still be fixed/avoided by fixing the STI menu bug.

P.S. I think the menu that popsup when you right click the KzLock systray icon while locked is also screwed. Sometimes the items move out of place and sometimes you can't click on them, and may freeze/not respond at times, but sometimes it acts normal. AND also once I had locked it, and it asked me for a password even though I had not put one in??? But after trying to unlock/shutdown a few times, the menu froze for a few seconds while selected on the Shutdown menu item when I tried to click it, and then it shutdown properly??? But now when I try to change the password, it asks for the old password which I don't know what it is??? And also for the standalone version, multiple copies of windows such as about box and kzlock program must not be allowed.

winXPHE
04-08-2003, 02:31 PM
it should only be a patch (it will avoid a lot of the "end task" flaws, unless Einstein can prevent the flaws in the standalone version) i totally agree!
have options to start/don&#39;t start kzlock if kazaa is opened and vice versa (start/don&#39;t start kazaa if kzlock is opened etc.) huh? :huh: :unsure: :blink: >_<
new option maybe to have an "extra stealth" feature, where kazaa&#39;s window will be closed and system tray icon hidden, and having the kzlock system tray icon also hidden when locked (as if kazaa was locked but it was closed and left kazaa locked etc.) how will u get it to unlock, specially wen u dont want to be running multiple instances? i&#39;d prefer using the shut down Protector n leave Kazaa Locked function.it would be cool if there was a &#39;Shutdown Protector n leave Kazaa Locked&#39;(make it shorter) function in the STI right-click menu
1 which is all simple and has no/little graphical stuff etc. ("lite"/"basic" version etc.), and the other will have all the graphical stuff ("enhanced"/"full" version etc.)&#33;&#33;&#33;u mean like the delphi n Masm32 versions?lite is likely to be included in the installer(if 2 versions r ever made)
Einstein, i tink u should tell aldo or sme programmer bout the STI menu bug n they&#39;ll help u out. B)

secfan
04-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by winXPHE@8 April 2003 - 15:31

have options to start/don&#39;t start kzlock if kazaa is opened and vice versa (start/don&#39;t start kazaa if kzlock is opened etc.) huh? :huh: :unsure: :blink: >_<
OK, say if you start KzLock, there should be options on whether Kazaa should be "auto-started" when KzLock is run. (And also vice versa, if Kazaa is started should KzLock be started with it as well or not etc.)

winXPHE
04-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by secfan+8 April 2003 - 15:57--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (secfan @ 8 April 2003 - 15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--winXPHE@8 April 2003 - 15:31

OK, say if you start KzLock, there should be options on whether Kazaa should be "auto-started" when KzLock is run. (And also vice versa, if Kazaa is started should KzLock be started with it as well or not etc.) [/b][/quote]
oooooh&#33; now i get it :) B) :rolleyes: :D :lol: ;)

winXPHE
04-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Einstein, im awaiting ta nxt release. i cant test the current release as it automatically goes to the lock state wenever i execute it n asks for a password even though i never entered 1(n yes i did delete the reg key u told me too but it still doesnt work ta way it should). i seriously dont tink the password should b stored in the registry as ppl can easily tamper wit it. i tink it should be encrypted in a file in the Kazaa Lite directory. even better here listen to wat rocko has got to say
Storing them encrypted is NOT a good idea. What you should do is store the HASH of the password. Hashes are one-way functions, meaning it&#39;s extremely difficult to find the input when you have only the output.
Your encrypted password will be very easy to decrypt. All one needs to do is disassemble your program to find the key and algorithm. just 4 a lil bit tightened security ;) neways hope ta new release has got most of the suggestions/bug fixes tat secfan posted r implemented n everytin in ta delphi version is also included :rolleyes:

secfan
04-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by winXPHE@9 April 2003 - 12:14
Einstein, im awaiting ta nxt release. i cant test the current release as it automatically goes to the lock state wenever i execute it n asks for a password even though i never entered 1(n yes i did delete the reg key u told me too but it still doesnt work ta way it should). i seriously dont tink the password should b stored in the registry as ppl can easily tamper wit it. i tink it should be encrypted in a file in the Kazaa Lite directory. even better here listen to wat rocko has got to say
Storing them encrypted is NOT a good idea. What you should do is store the HASH of the password. Hashes are one-way functions, meaning it&#39;s extremely difficult to find the input when you have only the output.
Your encrypted password will be very easy to decrypt. All one needs to do is disassemble your program to find the key and algorithm. just 4 a lil bit tightened security ;) neways hope ta new release has got most of the suggestions/bug fixes tat secfan posted r implemented n everytin in ta delphi version is also included :rolleyes:
Yes, I&#39;m having the same problem too sometimes (read my posts above). If I lock it, it asks me for a password I never entered/configured/stored etc. I can end KzLock using the Windows Task Manager, and I&#39;m able to reopen KzLock, but I can&#39;t change the password as I don&#39;t know it because I never entered/configured/stored it etc.??? So Einstein please fix this major bug.

BTW, what registry key is to be deleted so that there is no password???

And yes, storing the password as a hash would be a very good choice. WinXPHE&#39;s and Rocko&#39;s ideas are great and I agree with them, and I think they should be implemented into KzLock, so what do you think Einstein??? :D

hybridgraf
04-10-2003, 04:25 AM
For all who experience that problem, please download this system patch.
Just Run Once.

Download (http://www.taxisairport.com/KzLockReset.exe)

winXPHE
04-10-2003, 08:06 AM
KzLock works wit the patch. did a lil bit of testin n eres wat ive got
its not foolproof(endtask thingy), STI menu bug, wat the hell is hide Kazaa(where is Lite)when locked? wat else should it do? put it on display? :D (unlocking it when this the Hide Kazaa is unchecked does not ask for a password :angry: ) n Lock Kazaa on startup dont work for me(like wen i restart it, it rite there on my desktop 4 me to admire :P ). after i ran it a couple of times they dont ask me the password at all to unlock&#33;
neways after all these bugs i dint bother to do further testing
BTW im awaiting the patch version release of the Protector <_<

secfan
04-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Just a reminder, you still need to make it so that KzLock can&#39;t open more than once, (even preventing older versions etc.) otherwise there will still be a lot of flaws... ;)

winXPHE
04-13-2003, 11:30 AM
Einstein, ive been waitin for quite long enough. now wtf is takin so long?

secfan
04-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Yeah, come on hurry a little, give us some reply at least if you are busy or dead or something&#33;&#33;&#33; ;) :P :D :lol:

winXPHE
04-15-2003, 06:46 PM
secfan did u try mailing Einstein? if not pls do n ask wats takin so long :angry:

Pho3niX
04-24-2003, 11:36 AM
anyone still working on that ?

winXPHE
04-24-2003, 04:36 PM
God damn, wen i saw this post back up in ta front page i tot Einstein was bak to kick sum butt. so much for hopin <_<
neways where is Einstein?? secfan, Pho3nix mail him fer chrissakes&#33;&#33;

iMartin
04-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Souns like an awesome program, but when I try to download it from the site I get this error:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.taxisairport.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

Is there another website I can download it from??

Pho3niX
04-27-2003, 05:50 PM
OMG &#33;&#33;&#33;

After trying to sell K-lite .... they are now trying to sell that ...

http://www.kazaaprotector.com/
cant beleive it

winXPHE
04-27-2003, 06:55 PM
tat aint our protector. sme1 try mailin Einstein pls

hybridgraf
04-28-2003, 07:28 AM
hahaha somebody stole my name HEHEHE
thank god i have the second one "KZLOCK"

Latest version download here:
http://hybridgraf.com/downloads/

NEXT WEEK&#33;&#33;&#33;
PATCH VERSION WILL BE OUT&#33;&#33;&#33;

secfan
04-28-2003, 10:50 AM
Good job Einstein, finally a new version to download and use&#33;&#33;&#33; But still the STI menu bug and multiple dialog boxes bug MUST be fixed. (And also many other bugs mentioned by me and other people in previous posts...) But it&#39;s nice to see that you have greyed out Kazaa&#39;s exit menu item and jump supernode if Kazaa&#39;s system tray icon isn&#39;t hidden. (That&#39;s the only new feature I can really see from the outside...) Can&#39;t wait for the patch version which is definitely needed&#33;&#33;&#33; (By the way is this KzLock version 2 or version 1.2, as the filename says KzLock2.exe, but the version number inside says version 1.2...)

P.S. There is a bug: If I extract KzLock2.exe to a folder and run it, it will run as normal, but after that first/initial run, where the "manifest" file that deals with the XP skins/themes or whatever is created in the same directory as the exe file, KzLock will not run properly again (unless I delete the manifest file). This is the error message that comes up if the manifest file is present:
---
...&#092;KzLock2.exe (... represents the actual path to the exe file on the hard disk)

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.
---

Please fix/implement everything that I have mentioned, Einstein&#33;&#33;&#33; Thanks a lot in advance&#33;&#33;&#33;

winXPHE
04-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Einstein, Finally...........UR BACK&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; where have u been? y did u drop out on us like tat? pls let sme1 kw if u will b away in future(hope it doesnt). neways gr8 to c u back. pls go through the post fm the 1st n read all suggestions n make a new post for the upcoming patch. eres a link tat mite help in MSF protection link (http://www.folder-guard.com) n i got a new name - &#39;KazaGuard&#39; wat do u tink??
neways im goin to test it tomorrow. have a BIG day today

frosty
04-28-2003, 01:05 PM
i have just tried kazaaprotector(2), and i used to use an old version, i cant get kazaa to unlock&#33;&#33; If i press unlock it does nothing. no dialogue asking for pass ... nothing. I cant use my kazaa now :angry:

Can someone help me to unlock it.

Frosty

EDIT: nm, just delete kazaalock.exe :) <_<

winXPHE
05-04-2003, 10:53 AM
i did sme searchin for the MSF protection n turned up wit 2 new links link 1 (http://www.fspro.net) and link 2 (http://www.pcguardian.com/software/folders_e.html)
hope this helps. really keen on having this feature implemented
2nd link kinda sux coz they charge too much n i dint find ne cracks

Bowen747x
05-04-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by frosty@28 April 2003 - 09:05
i have just tried kazaaprotector(2), and i used to use an old version, i cant get kazaa to unlock&#33;&#33; If i press unlock it does nothing.&nbsp; no dialogue asking for pass ... nothing.&nbsp; I cant use my kazaa now&nbsp; :angry:

Can someone help me to unlock it.

Frosty

EDIT: nm, just delete kazaalock.exe :)&nbsp; <_<
same thing happened 2 me, and it wont run now, so i redownloaded it, works good again, but still, once its locked u can NOT unlock it&#33;&#33;&#33; u have 2 shutdown kzlock, delete it, and close kazaa using ctrl+alt+delete(thats how i did it anyway)
its no big deal 4 me cuz i have no need 2 use it but its a nice prog and i hope this bug can b fixed

KXM
05-10-2003, 08:15 PM
So far I&#39;ve tryed EVERY update of this prog... I&#39;ve found .50 works the best.

secfan
05-11-2003, 04:27 AM
DAMMIT&#33;&#33;&#33; Why has he left us again??? :( :angry:

Bowen747x
05-21-2003, 03:58 PM
fuck this program, its stupid anyway, maybe rocko could whip something off similar 2 this 4 his extensions

cborga1985
05-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Bowen747x@21 May 2003 - 11:58
fuck this program, its stupid anyway, maybe rocko could whip something off similar 2 this 4 his extensions
@Rocko I know you could design a much better program to do the same thing as KzLock but one that works right.

Twist3r
06-16-2003, 05:10 PM
the links dont work...

BawA
06-19-2003, 10:55 AM
the link dose not work

can u fix it or tell me from were i get "kzlock.exe"

Bowen747x
06-19-2003, 06:10 PM
kzlock is no longer available, the programmer 4 it is either very lazy or not committed, that is y there has not been response in awhile and no links work,

Jock Whiteside
07-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Hmm where is the creator of this program cause i have a mate that needs to lock his kazaa so that his kids dont stop the downloads.

hmmm if the creator doesnt hurry up and finish i&#39;ll just make my own version.

(Not to be dissing to the creator) To be kind i will even put you in the credits for the idea of the hole program :)

Sarkie_2002
07-01-2003, 10:46 PM
latest of aldos Ktool does it me thinx

Jock Whiteside
07-01-2003, 11:44 PM
oh cool

cborga1985
07-03-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Jock Whiteside@1 July 2003 - 16:28
Hmm where is the creator of this program cause i have a mate that needs to lock his kazaa so that his kids dont stop the downloads.

hmmm if the creator doesnt hurry up and finish i&#39;ll just make my own version.

(Not to be dissing to the creator) To be kind i will even put you in the credits for the idea of the hole program :)
we need another version anyways because some people don&#39;t like KTool Such as I