PDA

View Full Version : Burning Avi's

mychal
03-20-2003, 09:27 PM
Hi to all the members: I am new to Kazaa and want to learn a few things. I appreciate your help in making me a better user!! I download mpg movies and then use NERO software to burn them onto a cd, no problem. But I noticed that most movies are AVI files. When I download them and then go to burn them onto a cd I am not able to get them past the part when they are analyzed. A message pops up and says that "unsupported file format". Is their anyway that you know how I can cure this so I can burn movies. The version that I use is nero 5.5.9. I thank you in advance for any help as I am new to computers and kind of need a helping hand.

accat13
03-20-2003, 09:58 PM
I hate to say this but this question has been asked many times before check out this site and look under convert ..I suggest tmpgenc Shiniqami's advise (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=21116) and don't convert with Nero it sucks just use it for burning mpg files B)

Benno
03-20-2003, 10:01 PM
If you want to make a vcd or svcd do what accat13 suggested. If you just want to make a backup copy burn it as data and you shouldnt have any problems.