PDA

View Full Version : Why Dont People Message Back

Ad
03-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Why si it people just ignore u when u message them??? somtimes when u have a big download for software u would like to get feedback on weather it gos well all not :angry: i send a message and it just comes back as u were ignored. and what if u want a rare album off someone and your downloading his/her track off that album and u would like the other tracks and they jsut ignore u okay fair enough some people arn't at their screen all the time but when the message comes up that u have been ignored u know they have clicked ignore if nothing comes up u then know that they mustn't be in fron of their computer at that time

scribblec
03-23-2003, 11:04 AM
maybe its because u go round sYING STUFF like rap is crap wit a capital c

Ad
03-23-2003, 11:09 AM
good smartass answer only that people on kazaa dont no that its me

scribblec
03-23-2003, 11:11 AM
couldnt resist
cos i like rap

Ad
03-23-2003, 11:13 AM
id dint say u didn't have to like it :)

J'Pol
03-23-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@23 March 2003 - 11:57
Why si it people just ignore u when u message them??? somtimes when u have a big download for software u would like to get feedback on weather it gos well all not :angry: i send a message and it just comes back as u were ignored. and what if u want a rare album off someone and your downloading his/her track off that album and u would like the other tracks and they jsut ignore u okay fair enough some people arn't at their screen all the time but when the message comes up that u have been ignored u know they have clicked ignore if nothing comes up u then know that they mustn't be in fron of their computer at that time
Some people just want to share files and have no interest in messaging others. Or replying to their messages. You can't really force people to paticipate in a way that suits you.

People may also be cautious. Remember you could be anyone, so they chose to ignore all messages therefore not acknowledging any participation on the fast track system.

It really is a "to each his own" thing. It can be annoying for you but that's just the way it is. Human Nature

Ad
03-23-2003, 11:29 AM
it would stop alot of people from getting fakes

Rocktron
03-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by adthomp@23 March 2003 - 11:57
I send a lot of people messages.. most of the time to inform them.. about new files..
A lot of people have the Message option off! I don't understand that!
Or when you send them a message the press ENTER 2 times just to close the message.. BOGUS!

I want to help them! What's wrong with people these days??? :unsure: :angry:
What are they affraid of?

J'Pol
03-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Like I said itīs an individual choice thing.

Just because you want to help people and chat to them doesnīt mean they want to listen. It really is up to them.

MagicNakor
03-23-2003, 12:07 PM
Or, they could leave Kazaa running overnight or when they go to work, and are really not there for a good 9-14 hours. Most messages recieved during that time, by the time they got back, would fall into the "too little, too late" category.

:ninja:

imported_The__One
03-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Or, they could leave Kazaa running overnight or when they go to work, and are really not there for a good 9-14 hours. Most messages recieved during that time, by the time they got back, would fall into the "too little, too late" category.

Yeah, that happens to me a lot, I leave Kazza on for the night, then in the morning, there r usually 5-10 msg's (usually a "is this file real?" or "do U have the 2nd CD for...?"), I don't even answer them anymore, 'cause before, I spent like 10 minutes answering each and every one, to the best of my capabilities, only to get a "this user is no longer on Kazaa"(or something like that) msg :angry: ...

Rocktron
03-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by The__One@23 March 2003 - 14:10

Yeah, that happens to me a lot, I leave Kazza on for the night, then in the morning, there r usually 5-10 msg's (usually a "is this file real?" or "do U have the 2nd CD for...?"), I don't even answer them anymore, 'cause before, I spent like 10 minutes answering each and every one, to the best of my capabilities, only to get a "this user is no longer on Kazaa"(or something like that) msg :angry: ...
Sure... but when you see someone connect and they have no speed at all, and you ask them kindly to pause some other download or just download 1 file at a time, and they don't answer you untill you kill some uploads?

Sound familiar? They can answer you than can't they?

J'Pol
03-23-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+23 March 2003 - 14:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 23 March 2003 - 14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The__One@23 March 2003 - 14:10

Yeah, that happens to me a lot, I leave Kazza on for the night, then in the morning, there r usually 5-10 msg&#39;s (usually a "is this file real?" or "do U have the 2nd CD for...?"), I don&#39;t even answer them anymore, &#39;cause before, I spent like 10 minutes answering each and every one, to the best of my capabilities, only to get a "this user is no longer on Kazaa"(or something like that) msg :angry: ...
Sure... but when you see someone connect and they have no speed at all, and you ask them kindly to pause some other download or just download 1 file at a time, and they don&#39;t answer you untill you kill some uploads?

Sound familiar? They can answer you than can&#39;t they? [/b][/quote]
If they want to. It&#39;s up to them how many files to download or upload at a time. It&#39;s also up to them who they speak to. They are not compelled to follow your wishes, or even respond to them.

Afronaut
03-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Lately i&#39;ve been sending this message for ppl with lo PL:

Hi, its Guitar-Slinger here.
I noticed you have a low Participation Level, and there is a fix for that :)

Go check out http://doa2.host.sk/help.htm for more info.

Im using Kazaa-Lite version. As you see, my participation level is set
to K-Lite Master (1000) There is absolutely NO reason to pay for using kazaa, or have irritating popups either, for that matter. Check the link, it&#39;s all explained there.

Have a nice day. :)
-GS-

...but not too many ppl answers. :(
maybe they think its some sorta advert or something.

I dont get that much messages, but i do answer if im around my PC.

scribblec
03-23-2003, 02:09 PM
hmm no pop ups
theresd one at the beginning

J'Pol
03-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by solidsnake@23 March 2003 - 15:09
hmm no pop ups
That&#39;s a splash screen, not a pop-up. I think you can disable it if you want.

keyser_soze
03-23-2003, 11:07 PM
Back on the subject of not talking I&#39;ve often messaged ppl who were d/loading commanche 4 to let them know to check my shares because there&#39;s the update there aswell and the no cd crack, they don&#39;t answer but I see them dloading the update, just thought I&#39;d mention that :D

Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

lunatacs
03-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Why si it people just ignore u when u message them??? somtimes when u have a big download for software u would like to get feedback on weather it gos well all not&nbsp; i send a message and it just comes back as u were ignored. and what if u want a rare album off someone and your downloading his/her track off that album and u would like the other tracks and they jsut ignore u okay fair enough some people arn&#39;t at their screen all the time but when the message comes up that u have been ignored u know they have clicked ignore if nothing comes up u then know that they mustn&#39;t be in fron of their computer at that time

because many, many leave their kazaa running while downloading. I hardly reply to the people send me msgs because i&#39;m always away. this is why i always said before, if we had our own community we should share our files with people on this forum/ members faster and we can get any feedback on the files because we know each other here. On kazaa lite, a bit hard.

scribblec
03-24-2003, 04:28 PM
r u stupid or something i was tlking bout the doa site thing or www.k-lite.tk which redirects u to it
that site has a pop up
what u think i am thinking that splash screen is a pop up
u foolish child

TIDE-HSV
03-24-2003, 05:01 PM
I&#39;ll just second the remark that, when I reply, I never get an answer back or an acknowledgment. Occasionally, I get some sort of nonsense.

Benno
03-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@23 March 2003 - 15:04

Go check out&nbsp; http://doa2.host.sk/help.htm for more info.

to K-Lite Master (1000)&nbsp; There is absolutely NO reason to pay for using kazaa, or have irritating popups either, for that matter. Check the link, it&#39;s all explained there.

-GS-

Actually it is some sort of advertising. :P

J'Pol
03-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by solidsnake@24 March 2003 - 17:28
r u stupid or something i was tlking bout the doa site thing or www.k-lite.tk which redirects u to it
that site has a pop up
what u think i am thinking that splash screen is a pop up
u foolish child
You were replying to a post about K-Lite, within a thread about messaging in K-Lite. No-one had mentioned the main web site. As such it was reasonable, in context, to assess that your comment was in relation to the topic being discussed. However given your previous ramblings I should have realised that you were talking about an entirely different subject than everyone else, including but not limited to the original poster.

I realise that English is a second language to you. However do manners also have to be such a stranger. You caused the confusion. If you wanted to correct it you could have done so, quite easilly. All you had to do was explain your post. There was absolutely no call for personal insults.

scribblec
03-24-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@23 March 2003 - 15:04

Go check out http://doa2.host.sk/help.htm for more info.

to K-Lite Master (1000) There is absolutely NO reason to pay for using kazaa, or have irritating popups either, for that matter. Check the link, it&#39;s all explained there.

-GS-

or have irritating popups either,
ill requote i was referring to this
there is one pop up at the start
and as u were the onlky one to react maybe its cos of you not understanding english
as u see noone said nothing and along comes mister no it all and goes its a splash screen blah blah blah
big deal
what u want me to say your rite oh great one well your not your just a dickhead know it all wannabe

and i als say once more the fact no one else said anything shoulod of been enough to tell u that i wasnt
wrong one bit
and why should i have to explain something your too stupid to understand
treating me like a no0b get the frig outa here

J'Pol
03-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by solidsnake+24 March 2003 - 23:28--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (solidsnake @ 24 March 2003 - 23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Guitar-Slinger@23 March 2003 - 15:04

Go check out&nbsp; http://doa2.host.sk/help.htm for more info.

to K-Lite Master (1000)&nbsp; There is absolutely NO reason to pay for using kazaa, or have irritating popups either, for that matter. Check the link, it&#39;s all explained there.

-GS-

or have irritating popups either,
ill requote i was referring to this
there is one pop up at the start
and as u were the onlky one to react maybe its cos of you not understanding english
as u see noone said nothing and along comes mister no it all and goes its a splash screen blah blah blah
big deal
what u want me to say your rite oh great one well your not your just a dickhead know it all wannabe

and i als say once more the fact no one else said anything shoulod of been enough to tell u that i wasnt
wrong one bit
and why should i have to explain something your too stupid to understand
treating me like a no0b get the frig outa here [/b][/quote]
Can&#39;t really argue with that.

Please let me explain this in words you can understand.

You are an idiot.

Yeah that about sums it up.

vivitron 15
03-24-2003, 10:50 PM
I thought you were talking about the splashscreen, it was totally uncalled for to slag Jmi off there, fair enough, you had phrased your point poorly, it happens, and yes it was not understood in the manner in which it was attended. In polite society, someone would just have rephrased themselves, and continued with the discussion in hand.

Then you continue to say that
i was referring to this and say that
there is one pop up at the start, clearly speaking about PMing another Klite user. I still fail to see where the pop up is to which you refer?

Before coming into threads randomly being abusive to established and respected members, please take some time to consider exactly what it is that you would like to add to a discussion, consider its relative merit, and whether or not it would be beneficial for other members to read.

u foolish child I can assure you that Jmi F is neither foolish, nor a child. If you were to take time to get to know him or many of the other members on the board, you would grow to have some respect for them, and what it is that their knowledge and experience can bring to the board.

EDIT: Please also take consideration for the users of this board, by taking notice of the rules, which clearly limit the size of signatures...your signature is just plain annoying Rules (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=22529&s=)

scribblec
03-24-2003, 10:52 PM
hmmmmm <_<
not being able to admit your wrong
shows how mature u r
maybe it must hurt u really bad to be outwitted by a so called 14 year old
does that hurt
does it
must do if u cant handle it
anyways im off to bed so u can carry on arguing by yourself
ok??

edit :: vivitron since your in such a hurry to defend jmif then here
or have irritating popups either, for that matter. Check the link, it&#39;s all explained there.
um one click
u click it u get a pop up do u not
am i right or not
why dont u people ever admit your wrong

edit 2:: vivitron do u really have a stick up your ass whats it to u if my sig is annoying
theres a friggin option to trun them off
i think
also i find u very annoyign and your avatar
do u here me whining about that
NO
so why cant u just shut the fuck up

J'Pol
03-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Night Night

solidsnake
scribblec
kazaa4life

sleep well.

You were right, I was wrong. I misunderstood your post and replied innapropriately. Sorry for any inconvenience (or spam) caused.

Look forward to seeing you back at the musicworld database, in one of your many guises. When your sister allows you access to the music CDs.

vivitron 15
03-24-2003, 11:06 PM
1st

http://www.geocities.com/trxsucks/mature.jpg

where should we start? mature?

2 In the PM, he was clearly referring to any pop ups that appear, or any payment that may be necesary to use Kazaa.

edit 2:: vivitron do u really have a stick up your ass whats it to u if my sig is annoying
theres a friggin option to trun them off
i think
also i find u very annoyign and your avatar
do u here me whining about that
NO
so why cant u just shut the fuck up

The point isn&#39;t that I don&#39;t want to see any avatars or sigs, I enjoy viewing these, as I feel they give users a form of self expression. I don&#39;t, however like to scroll for pages in order to read what a decent member of the board has posted because you have posted some utter nonsense, and your signature is in my way. I do feel that, if you are going to come to this forum, and use the software that VB, Paul et al. have spent time customising and perfecting, it would be nice if you could obey their rules. That would be polite.

If you would like to continue this discussion, please start a topic in the lounge, and PM me, as I feel that it is getting out of hand and is rapidly starting to deviate from the original subject matter.

gumbydancin
03-24-2003, 11:19 PM
1. I&#39;m never even there when I get them most of the time. 2. The times I try to write back, they are usually gone or on a different node. 3. Half the time the are in a language I can&#39;t understand. That pretty much sums up my frustration with it.

imported_The__One
03-24-2003, 11:25 PM
OMG, OMG&#33;&#33; http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/41616-4.gif, U are too pissed off dude&#33;&#33; Chill :lol: , I mean, there are plenty of ways to tell someone that U disagree with them, without calling them a dickhead, or telling them to go fuck themstlves (or their mothers <_< )....

If you would like to continue this discussion, please start a topic in the lounge, and PM me, as I feel that it is getting out of hand and is rapidly starting to deviate from the original subject matter.

Yeah...this second page was entierly "devoted" to pure and simple flaming....not that I&#39;m helping to get this topic back on track...but I thought I&#39;d post my opinionhttp://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/LolLolLolLol.gif

jungleblackwidow
03-24-2003, 11:51 PM
I tried messaging people but as I m talking about latin music, most of times the msg comes back saying the person isnt on line or has an old version of Kazaa. Only once I talked to a brazilain guy in italy.....
I would reply if I get a message, but I m afraid all of u here are too techie for me LOL
JBW
the JungleBlackWidow
mad, bad and brazilian

south-paw
03-25-2003, 01:44 AM
Hmmm...I can barely remember my last msg...presumably from a German asking whether I spoke Deutsche?
Well I didnt get an answer to my reply&#33; Language difficulties may be why people dont answer back messages? :rolleyes:

The Great Dude
03-25-2003, 01:52 AM
There are many reasons why they don&#39;t reply. Some just ignore you for fun you know. ;)

Afronaut
03-25-2003, 02:54 AM
Ok ppl. I was referring to the commercial fact, Kazaa-Lite is free, that was my "angle" so to speak. Trying
to help ppl to get better download speeds etc.
I did not mean the pop up/flash/watever comes when you go to that address. Address was there to get more info if needed. I meant them adds and the xtra you get with Kazaa, spyware and such.
It may be cos of my EnKlish, you see... :) I am Scandinavian. Things sounds better in my head than they look in the board... (loooooneyyyy :lol: ) Grammar, dudes... i just mess it up sometimes. :P
Atleast im trying my best to be polite, helpfull and sorta nice-guy for any ppl who will take
the time and effort to send me PM or answer mine. And ofcource, i may be out of house or in my studio making nasty songs of nasty ppl, and i may not be able to answer right away.... :lol:

I like the idea that im sitting here in front of my computer, chancing PM&#39;s with a
total stranger whom might be in the other side off the world. I think its fun. Especially the chit chat part,
talking bout the weather and whatever comes in mind. I do enjoy that. Thats just the way i am.
Im not in the good mood always, but i dont think its gonna stop me answering a PM if i get one, thus, maybe get me in better mood too.
Reasons for ppl not answering my PM&#39;s (PMS? is that referring to...:lol:) can be sooo many. And i&#39;ve been seeing cool posts in here (also not so cool) about it.
Last time i got PM over kazaa was from Rocktron, if i remember right. We ended up chattin&#39; a lot, both having common interest in music and hobbys. But he knew a bit who i was already, he was looking for me, or atleast my files. :P

I would like to chance my "standard" PM, the one what i posted earlier where i want to help ppl to choose K-Lite over Kazaa.
What is the "politically" right PM to send?. Post them here or PM me. Any funny ones comes in mind? then lets go to lounge and make a topic about it. That is, if somebody is interested. :lol:

Dont get nasty though, thats rather boring. :D

Peace ppl, Peace&#33; (specially in these hard times we&#39;re livin&#39;)

-GS-

keyser_soze
03-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Hey maybe thats why ppl don&#39;t talk on kazza because it ends up with arguments :D :D :D The_one&#39;s right though every1 take a chill pill :rolleyes:

Lets share and be happy ppl B)

jungleblackwidow
03-26-2003, 12:31 AM
:rolleyes: ohh well finally I got to understand how to get to this board and read the answers.....ok.. I speak 5 languages and I tried msging ppl in what I take to be their original one....lil reply but some...I agree with the fact that the computer is sometimes left on all night blah blah but obviously some ppl dont answer coz they cant be arsed.
Question: is there an irc chat for this forums? and how do I put a pic in this thingy?????????????????
JBW
mad
bad
and brazilian

vivitron 15
03-26-2003, 06:12 PM
hey, and welcome.

there&#39;s a chat IRC hyperlink at the top of the main page, though if you&#39;re into music, go to Music world>verifieds>MusicWorld database.

there&#39;s a link to a program, Soulseek.

Get it, and read the post on how to find us there, we&#39;re a friendly bunch, with thousands and thousands of files.

J'Pol
03-27-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by jungleblackwidow@26 March 2003 - 01:31
:rolleyes: ohh well finally I got to understand how to get to this board and read the answers.....ok.. I speak 5 languages and I tried msging ppl in what I take to be their original one....lil reply but some...I agree with the fact that the computer is sometimes left on all night blah blah but obviously some ppl dont answer coz they cant be arsed.
Question: is there an irc chat for this forums? and how do I put a pic in this thingy?????????????????
JBW
mad
bad
and brazilian
You sound incredibly like an existing member.

Is your real name Mike

sillimander
03-27-2003, 04:38 AM
Well this thread went way off topic there for a while but here&#39;s a reply to the original post....Some people don&#39;t message back because of all the pervs that now populate kazaa land.

For example.....

A few days ago I got a message that says

"Hi, how are you? Do you know if there&#39;s a legit copy of Red Dragon in circulation"

I reply

"Sorry I haven&#39;t come across one yet but I haven&#39;t looked so maybe it&#39;s out there."

I get back a reply full of disgusting do I suck this and that and am I a hot girl, blaa blaa blaa......You get the idea.

I&#39;m now a little wary about answering messages. Before that the only reason I didn&#39;t answer was always that I wasn&#39;t there. I leave kazaa on 24/7 so people can download. I would only answer if the message came in while I was there at the comp..

keyser_soze
03-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Yeah I&#39;ve actually seen a shared file actually called "child porn" :angry: we should get the tech heads to track em down and blitz there system with virus :ph34r:

Sorry got a bit Charles Bronson there.....

Switeck
03-28-2003, 04:33 AM
I send a lot of messages per day -- somewhere between 10 and 200.
And I probably get a greater-than-average percentage of replies back due to what I&#39;m messaging people about.

It&#39;s usually:
1.You&#39;re not sharing, so I&#39;m killing my upload/s to you. (replies back are sometimes hostile, but generally quick)

2.You&#39;re sharing trojan-infested files (ie: regular Kazaa versions) -- the replies back to this range from silly, hostile, to scared shitless.

3.My upload or download to/from you is very slow (like 0.1 KB/sec or less) -- I can tell you how to cure that... (least likely to get replies back, but generally friendly ones if at all.)

sArA
03-28-2003, 06:24 AM
I rarely get messages.....and would happily engage in a bit of chit chat.....I suppose it just depends on who is out there at the time....shame tho...I agree it would be nice to chat to someone who you are sharing with at the time.... :rolleyes:

omnix32
03-28-2003, 04:12 PM
WEll, I got a message from someone that said there the FBI and I need to stop sharing copyrighted material. The also said I would be getting a call soon and my IP was on record. I told em where to go, as I find it hard to believe the FBI messages people to stop shareing then turn around and tell em there going to call you.

I would think that they would not alert me and give me time to erase over my hard drive and get ride of my back up cd&#39;s I was only shareing games anyway at the time, no movies or mp3&#39;s.....

leecheskicked
03-28-2003, 09:34 PM
i&#39;m not normally at my pc, its on 24/7 but i try to answer people, mostly they are normal "is this real" type questions.

I&#39;ve had a couple of "I&#39;m hacking your computer" messages, normall reply is "good, catch this virus"

I&#39;ve also had a few arguments (I&#39;m getting quite good at swearing in spanish&#33;) the old hot blooded latino stereotype is probably true

but finally to get back to topic, I think klite should have messanger features for status, that would let people know whether we are on line or not, i personally like a bit of chat now and again, I&#39;ve been direct file swapping with a new friend I made through messaging, saved us both a lot of time

keyser_soze
03-28-2003, 10:41 PM
B) Cool idea maybe on the next version B) on the subject of the f.b.i post I know some1 who just for fun tried to copy a Ģ20 note with there new scanner and they got in illegal operation windows is shutting down then phoned me to ask if it was safe to put it back on :D

nothing to do with the post just thought I&#39;d mention it :rolleyes:

Ad
03-29-2003, 11:58 AM
keyser_soze that is the most hillirous thing Ive read in ages LMAO :lol: :lol:

neofite
03-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Like many of you I&#39;ve tried to msg out when there is a virus, such as the Hantaner I&#39;ve found while downloading from them, and to others as a warning that the file might be contaminated, but I&#39;ve yet to get a response.

Not familiar with many of the gifs there are about would want to include a warning label, skull and cross bones or something that lanugage would not be a problem to let them know.

I try to leave my system up and running, primarily because it takes several days to download programs for me (dialup 56k) and I msg uploaders to hang in there cause I&#39;ll leave it on all night, but again no response.

brendandonhue
03-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by solidsnake@23 March 2003 - 15:09
hmm no pop ups
No there isn&#39;t. That popup is generated by the web page you have set (or rather the one set by default) as your start page. You can change it to whatever page you want.

SiCk Of ThE PaIn
03-31-2003, 09:21 PM
I was just reading this post and I was thinking "No one ever messages me"...Next thing I know some girl sends me this message "is this the real movie?" (She was talking about resident evil) ,I answered her and we started talking but then I started talking about babies in bottles and she disconnected and I couldnt find her again...damn...

SiCk Of ThE PaIn
03-31-2003, 09:21 PM
I was just reading this post and I was thinking "No one ever messages me"...Next thing I know some girl sends me this message "is this the real movie?" (She was talking about resident evil) ,I answered her and we started talking but then I started talking about babies in bottles and she disconnected and I couldnt find her again...damn...

merlin-1
03-31-2003, 09:28 PM
I have had 1 or 2 people send a message but thats it.