what programs do these people use
i think this caME up before
but could u answer again

Petri
03-23-2003, 11:15 AM
@fileshare = iMesh

tilen76
03-23-2003, 11:16 AM
People with ?@fileshare usernames showing in your upload window in Kazaa are using iMesh client.

I have noticed an increase of those users over the last week or two.

And they don't just take 5 or 10 MB, they stay connected for hours and download over 100 MB of the movie. I actually don't like them, because it's not long before they take all my upload slots for hours and no Kazaa users can then download form me.

Ad
03-23-2003, 11:17 AM
????????

N£MO
03-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@23 March 2003 - 12:17
????????
What a worthwhile contribution to the forum that was :rolleyes:

The Great Dude
03-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by adthomp@23 March 2003 - 03:17
????????
Did you had a question on something? :blink:

OcramC
03-23-2003, 07:13 PM
i thought iMesh used its own network

DataMore
03-23-2003, 08:08 PM
:huh: Those @fileshare are iMesh users? :huh:

Then what the hell is FileShare (http://bbn.datakill.com/products/fileshareclient/). :blink:

:blink: :blink:

Kokanee
03-23-2003, 08:13 PM
I have had some users with a name like : user@???
any thought on what they would be using?

tilen76
03-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by DataMore@23 March 2003 - 21:08
:huh: Those @fileshare are iMesh users? :huh:

Then what the hell is FileShare (http://bbn.datakill.com/products/fileshareclient/). :blink:

:blink: :blink:
I'm not sure.

Try it and you'll see. :lol:

But what I&#39;ve read on that page, it looks like it requires you to connect to some kind of server, which isn&#39;t exactly compatible with the FT network, is it? <_<

@Kokanee. Your sig is pretty cool, but it&#39;s a little too big according to the board&#39;s rules. It&#39;s 111 pixels too high actually.

artmaster88
03-23-2003, 08:23 PM
usually those @??? are iMesh and/or other programs and @fileshare is fileshare. can&#39;t you just use that extension that let&#39;s you select not to hog uploads? or isn&#39;t that in the new k-lite build?

Ad
03-24-2003, 02:38 AM
:) ?
?????????? i didn;t udnerstand the topics question lol

EnJoi
03-24-2003, 02:53 AM
yeah i believe it is iMEsh i hate iMesh so much spyware and ADZ

Barbarossa
03-24-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by tilen76@23 March 2003 - 11:16
People with ?@fileshare usernames showing in your upload window in Kazaa are using iMesh client.

And they don&#39;t just take 5 or 10 MB, they stay connected for hours and download over 100 MB of the movie. I actually don&#39;t like them, because it&#39;s not long before they take all my upload slots for hours and no Kazaa users can then download form me.
Why are you bothered about who downloads from you, as long as they are sharing, who cares whether they are using Kazaa, KazaaLite, Grokster or IMesh? I don&#39;t understand why you would want to favour kazaa... KazaaLite users, maybe, but not regular Kazaa users&#33; They are like a fungus... ;)

You always used to get "@???" in the very old days when the client used to log you in to a login server, and the login server was unavailable for some reason, you&#39;d get a "@???" after your username. Possibly, some people haven&#39;t updated their clients for 2 years, who knows, it sounds unlikely, but it could happen. Does IMesh still have a login server? I don&#39;t know...

But I DO know "@Fileshare" are IMesh users, and it has nothing to do with the FileShare as mentioned above in the thread. From what I can gather, IMesh users are connected both to their own network and to the FastTrack network simultaneously, and so allows files to crossover from one p2p network to the other, which is a good thing&#33; :)

tilen76
03-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by barbarossa+24 March 2003 - 11:34--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (barbarossa @ 24 March 2003 - 11:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--tilen76@23 March 2003 - 11:16

And they don't just take 5 or 10 MB, they stay connected for hours and download over 100 MB of the movie. I actually don't like them, because it's not long before they take all my upload slots for hours and no Kazaa users can then download form me.
Why are you bothered about who downloads from you, as long as they are sharing, who cares whether they are using Kazaa, KazaaLite, Grokster or IMesh? I don't understand why you would want to favour kazaa... KazaaLite users, maybe, but not regular Kazaa users! They are like a fungus... ;)

You always used to get "@???" in the very old days when the client used to log you in to a login server, and the login server was unavailable for some reason, you'd get a "@???" after your username. Possibly, some people haven't updated their clients for 2 years, who knows, it sounds unlikely, but it could happen. Does IMesh still have a login server? I don't know...

But I DO know "@Fileshare" are IMesh users, and it has nothing to do with the FileShare as mentioned above in the thread. From what I can gather, IMesh users are connected both to their own network and to the FastTrack network simultaneously, and so allows files to crossover from one p2p network to the other, which is a good thing! :) [/b][/quote]
Let's get one thing straight first. When I say Kazaa, I don't mean the regular Kazaa users, I mean all of them, the Regular Kazaa and Kazaa lite users.
I don't know why do all of you separate them so much. One were just fortunate to come accross a spyware and adware free client, some of us even a greatly modified one (K++). We are still in the same "business" though. The only difference is perhaps that there are much more leechers among the regular Kazaa users.

I'm not favouring anybody. But it seems that iMesh is using a different system when assigning upload slots. Therefore putting the Kazaa users in disadvantage.

I don't know if I have access to the iMesh network or not (using K-Lite). If the files are crossing in both directions, that's fine with me, but if the files only go one way (Kazaa -> iMesh) then I would call that leeching, since it's not called sharing anymore.

I use both Kazaa Lite and eMule and I share all of my files on both networks. I've gotten many files from the eDonkey network and started to share them on the FT network, therefore helping them to get to the Kazaa users too.

Ok, so my question is: do I have access to the files on iMesh network by using Kazaa Lite or not?

Barbarossa
03-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by tilen76@24 March 2003 - 10:53
Ok, so my question is: do I have access to the files on iMesh network by using Kazaa Lite or not?
Just done a search for "Kylie"...

228 search results found:

206 From @Kazaa users (of which 19 were obviously kazaalite users)
2 From @Grokster users
20 From @Fileshare users

...so it looks to me like we do have access to the Imesh network.. Or at least the elements of the network that are currently connected to a FastTrack supernode. :)

Oh, and the other thing, I don&#39;t consider myself "fortunate" to have come across Kazaalite, I&#39;ve done my research, and have tried out many p2p&#39;s after Napsters demise, including Morpheus, WinMX, Bearshare, LimeWire, KaZaA, Grokster, IMesh, DirectConnect.. before finding Kazaalite. (I keep meaning to look at EMule, just haven&#39;t got the time at the moment) ... but it&#39;s not a case of good fortune or bad fortune, it&#39;s a case of knowing and caring what you are doing, and the regular Kazaa users seem to either not know exactly what is going on "under the hood", or not care.. :(

Anyway, I&#39;m not having a go at you, it sounds like you care about filesharing, in which case we&#39;re onthe same side. ;)

tilen76
03-24-2003, 12:01 PM
OK, thanks for the info, it&#39;s good to know we can both share files between us (Kazaa <-> iMesh). :)

I don&#39;t call myself fortunate either. I&#39;ve done my bit of research too.

But many users don&#39;t know much about computers, but would still like to share files. They haven&#39;t heard about things such as spyware or adware and they probably don&#39;t have any friends to tell them about that either. They are the ones that are misfortunate, not knowing what&#39;s going on under thier hoods.

I know what I&#39;m talking about. I&#39;ve helped many of my friends get rid of the regular Kazaa, installed K++ on their machines and explained them about spyware and adware. They were fortunate to know someone like me, but many of them are not.

Ynhockey
03-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Hmm, i once saw a user with @??? and saw that he was sharing only dummy files :angry: so i figured he was from the MPAA or something (he was downloading a movie), so... is it really iMesh or something ?