PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto- Vice City Angers Me!

hobbes
08-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Main Character Tommy Vercetti talking to Scottish Rock Group- LoveFist!
Image Resized
Image Resized
[img]http://spotten.net/bg/lovefist_1280.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> (http://spotten.net/bg/lovefist_1280.jpg)

JEZZ: The thing is, we need someone to drive the limo we can trust,
JEZZ: cause that nutter keeps making threats!
PERCY: I'm shitin' masel' man. I need ma ma!
DICK: We're all bricking ourselves, man.
TOMMY: Okay guys, calm down, I'll handle this.
TOMMY: Normally I wouldn't busy myself with driving around
TOMMY: a bunch of drunken Scottish bisexuals,
TOMMY: but, in your case I'll make an exception.

I really wish they would make an effort to tighten the dialogue. I find the redundant use of "drunken" and "bisexual" to be sloppy penmanship on the writers part, after all, doesn't the word "Scottish" say it all. That really angers me.

BTW- controlling that toy helicopter is also wedging me shorts.

MicroScreen2
08-08-2004, 06:02 PM
you know it was made in scotland? :smilie4:

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 06:18 PM
It was set in the 80's :)

BTW- controlling that toy helicopter is also wedging me shorts.

Hobbes...You are getting old my friend :(

Jonno B)

Arm
08-08-2004, 06:37 PM
:huh: Would you prefer if they said a bunch of drunken Irish bisexuals?

hobbes
08-08-2004, 09:55 PM
I can't control the helicopter and the game has no other missions. Am I the only maladroit on the block!?

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Are you seriously telling us you done all the missions? Got 100% completion? :01:

Nice one, how long did it take you? :D
Didja like the Pulp Fiction touch to the last mission? :01:

Helicoper is all about small movements and finding a level you can glide at :)

Jonno B)

hobbes
08-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 August 2004 - 20:27
Are you seriously telling us you done all the missions? Got 100% completion? :01:

Nice one, how long did it take you? :D
Didja like the Pulp Fiction touch to the last mission? :01:

Helicoper is all about small movements and finding a level you can glide at :)

Jonno B)
No, I mean it is the only mission I can get in order to progress. I am way far from the end. With my standard PC controls, it all seems so erratic.

So far the other missions are clearly doable with repetition, but for this one I am like 0/100 and not getting any better.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Which mission is it? The toy choppers to blow the building up?

Jonno B)

MicroScreen2
08-08-2004, 10:42 PM
its all about just tapping the keys

hobbes
08-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 August 2004 - 20:41
Which mission is it? The toy choppers to blow the building up?

Jonno B)
yep

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Well, it's a tricky one, or can be, best way to do it is ignore the bad guys, start at the top bomb, then work your way down to the bottom floor :)
Providing you fly calmly and don't bash it up too much it can easily be done with about 30 secs to spare :)

Jonno B)

MicroScreen2
08-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 August 2004 - 22:48
Well, it's a tricky one, or can be, best way to do it is ignore the bad guys, start at the top bomb, then work your way down to the bottom floor :)
Providing you fly calmly and don't bash it up too much it can easily be done with about 30 secs to spare :)

Jonno B)
LIAR!

start at the bottom then you can do it one trip through the building quicker. it also means you wont get attacked (if youre fast enough) for the first two barrels

hobbes
08-08-2004, 10:50 PM
So I am just a retard, well there it is.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 10:51 PM
@MS2.....You muppet, you start at the top for the simple reason that your trips get shorter, therefore easier time keeping, it's like a shuttle run, the long to the short are easier :)
And tell me how you do that in one trip when you have to set 3 bombs and can only carry 1 at a time? :blink:

@Hobbes.........No, just crap at games :lol:

Jonno B)

MicroScreen2
08-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 August 2004 - 22:52
You muppet, you start at the top for the simple reason that your trips get shorter, therefore easier time keeping, it's like a shuttle run, the long to the short are easier :)

Jonno B)
but then security guards chase you all the way through :unsure:

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Exactly, they all run outside :) they come for you anyway, besides, none of them have guns and you can use the roter blades as a weapon, trust me, I've proven it time and time again to so many people that it's easier to start at the top :)

Jonno B)

hobbes
08-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Since you guys are here, are there specific places I need to stop the "Cherry Poppers" van.

I drive it around, attempt to sound the jingle, but nothing happens.

Is "stopping" equivalent to "parking"?

MicroScreen2
08-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@8 August 2004 - 22:57
Exactly, they all run outside :) they come for you anyway, besides, none of them have guns and you can use the roter blades as a weapon, trust me, I've proven it time and time again to so many people that it's easier to start at the top :)

Jonno B)
the ones on the top floor have pistols. unless you found an exploit. CHEATER!

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 11:00 PM
@Hobbes.......The ice cream van actually sells drugs, so you switch the jingle on and stop by some people, they will run over and spend money, the slum type places are good, so is Ocean Drive :)

Beware the police :)

@MS2.......I don't remember guys with guns, could be wrong, but they still follow you outside :) I can do it my way with over a minute left :) Seriously :)

Jonno B)

MicroScreen2
08-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@8 August 2004 - 22:58
Since you guys are here, are there specific places I need to stop the "Cherry Poppers" van.

near groups of people. but remember have a clear exit and keep an eye out for police

edit: stop before turning the jingle on

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 11:03 PM
:lol: You do things the hard way :lol: Why stop first? I only switch it off cos it got annoying :lol:
If you leave it on you can see punters appear on your map/guide circle thing :)

Jonno B)

hobbes
08-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I mean that I can't hear the jingle at all.

Does it only sound in specific places?

I hit the right button, but no one appears to be interested in my van which makes no sound.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-08-2004, 11:09 PM
No, you just swiych it on, R3 on the ps2 :)
Maybe thats what MS2 meant about stopping, a possible change on conversion? :)

Jonno B)

MicroScreen2
08-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by hobbes@8 August 2004 - 22:58

i think theres a bug in the pc vrsion. sometmes you cant hear here jingle but it is on. can be a bitch cos you often get arrested for no reason

hobbes
08-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Done it 100 more times, still no where near completing it. Fuck, fuck!

Why is the rest of game so easy but this is impossible?

Is there a cheat for this?

You cannot use "Aspirine" to restore health and all I ever do is blow up.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Why are you blowing up Hobbes?
Are you crashing into stuff a lot?

Lighten up on the controls, light quick touches rather than pulling hard :)

Jonno B)

hobbes
08-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@10 August 2004 - 21:03

Jonno B)
I play on PC. I assume I have some unique problem with coordination.

I mean, it is not even close.

Skillian
08-10-2004, 11:34 PM
hobbes, you have to double tap the horn button to get the jingle going - it's weird but it will work.

Nightwolf
08-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by hobbes+10 August 2004 - 18:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 10 August 2004 - 18:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@10 August 2004 - 21:03

Jonno B)

I mean, it is not even close.[/b][/quote]
You should invest in a gamepad. I used one to play both GTA 3 and Vice City on my PC, and I can&#39;t even image using the keyboard to move. That little helicopter was a real pain in the ass though. I remember I had to reassign some of the buttons on my gamepad just to make it a little easier to control. And I agree with JONNO. Start at the top because after you drop the last bomb you need to make a quick escape.

RGX
08-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by hobbes+10 August 2004 - 23:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 10 August 2004 - 23:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@10 August 2004 - 21:03

Jonno B)

I mean, it is not even close. [/b][/quote]
Don&#39;t worry, be rest assured that the controls for that helicopter on PC are bastard hard. My step brother who is superb at games took about 3 days to do this on the PC.....you are not alone&#33;

I don&#39;t even bother mwith most of the missions in Vice city, an explorable city is enough for me&#33; :lol:

hobbes
08-11-2004, 01:50 PM
I control that little bugger like this:

http://dadada.com/gallery/thumb.jpgto fly up/downhttp://dadada.com/gallery/thumb.jpg to rotate

TheDave
08-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf+11 August 2004 - 09:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nightwolf @ 11 August 2004 - 09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by hobbes@10 August 2004 - 18:13
<!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@10 August 2004 - 21:03

Jonno B)

I mean, it is not even close.
You should invest in a gamepad. I used one to play both GTA 3 and Vice City on my PC, and I can&#39;t even image using the keyboard to move. That little helicopter was a real pain in the ass though. I remember I had to reassign some of the buttons on my gamepad just to make it a little easier to control. And I agree with JONNO. Start at the top because after you drop the last bomb you need to make a quick escape. [/b][/quote]
its aremote control helicopter. you dont need to make a quick escape, just let it blow up :blink:

hobbes
08-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Well, I did it, thanks for the emotional support. I can now sleep peacefully and not dream about crazy helicopters.

Funny thing was that I made 1000 for the mission but made about 3000 or so from the rotating V during the length of the mission.

Well, later &#39;til I get frustrated again.