PDA

View Full Version : I Request A Ban!

Filliz
08-12-2004, 02:45 AM
I just read the topic about one of the members here on FST losing her husband,and eventhough I don't know her, I want to pay my deepest respect to her,her daughers and family.
It might not mean much comming from me,but I truly know that loseing your loved one so unnexpectedly,swipes away the earth beneath your feet.

Anyway,that's not why I started this topic.

Reading through the replies my eye fell on one very rude (to say the least) member,that should be banned immediatly. <_<

He probably gets a hard-on getting all the attention like this,but reading through his replies I&#39;m pretty sure he&#39;s not a great loss to the board.
This isn&#39;t just an act of "innocent" trolling anymore <_<

My vote: A permanent BAN&#33;And a SLAP in the face&#33;

*The reason why I didn&#39;t reply with this in the topic is,as hobbes said,to try and keep it as much on toppic as possible.And the mods will have their hands full,weeding out the off-topic nonsense as it is.

Virtualbody1234
08-12-2004, 02:53 AM
You forgot to say who.

sparsely
08-12-2004, 03:01 AM
and a link to the thread would help.

Filliz
08-12-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@12 August 2004 - 03:54
You forgot to say who.

Arm (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showuser=41258) <_<

Could&#39;ve done this through PM,but I kinda have the feeling,or hope,other people will agree with me on this one.

It&#39;s not like he brought much wisdom with him to this board,so it&#39;s just one troublemaker less to care about. :smilie4:

edit: and here&#39;s the link. (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=121083)

Darth Sushi
08-12-2004, 03:19 AM
Off with his head.

TheRealDave
08-12-2004, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Filliz+12 August 2004 - 04:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Filliz @ 12 August 2004 - 04:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@12 August 2004 - 03:54
You forgot to say who.

Arm (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showuser=41258) <_<

Could&#39;ve done this through PM,but I kinda have the feeling,or hope,other people will agree with me on this one.

It&#39;s not like he brought much wisdom with him to this board,so it&#39;s just one troublemaker less to care about. :smilie4:

edit: and here&#39;s the link. (http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=121083) [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s people like him who bring this community down. <_<

blitz
08-12-2004, 03:47 AM
If you guys ban this biznatch, that would be the first productive ban in a while..... :frusty:

muchspl2
08-12-2004, 04:42 AM
I disagree
he did nothing wrong other than being a asshole
some would like everyone to love and hug each other, but this is the Internet and things just don&#39;t happen like that
although I disagree with what he said, we all can&#39;t be trusted 100% with everything we type
why would someone come here for support after such a tragic incident, on the flip why would someone post derogatory comments to incite rage in others
both are indistinguishable. :/

no ban necessary, learn that everyone doesn&#39;t get along. Deal with it&#33; &#33;

decaftar
08-12-2004, 04:43 AM
As has already been said, he will be no loss to this forum.

decaftar
08-12-2004, 04:45 AM
muchspl2 you are one of this board&#39;s nasties, it would be no great loss if you were to also fall on your sword.

muchspl2
08-12-2004, 04:46 AM
I don&#39;t even like him, but he shouldn&#39;t be banned, if anything a moderation for "trolling" but as I said the thread in question is probably started by some AE
I request a ip check and banning if its a regular member just trying to get attention

Cheese
08-12-2004, 08:06 AM
I don&#39;t think an outright ban is at all fair, what he did was pretty cuntish but let&#39;s be fair there is a system for warning and banning offenders and it should be stuck to.

Without access to the mod cp we don&#39;t know the full extent of Arm&#39;s past trangressions. Arm is an asshole but I&#39;ve never seen him do anything in the past worthy of a ban or even moderation...

(>Zero Cool<)
08-12-2004, 08:46 AM
He, arm, is merely a pathetic little shit, no more than that.

Perhaps after he is censored with moderation or whatever is deemed necessary he will get bored and go away. I think some sort of action should be taken so that others do not feel that this is an appropriate way to act in here, or to be honest anywhere.

AussieSheila
08-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@12 August 2004 - 13:47
I don&#39;t even like him, but he shouldn&#39;t be banned, if anything a moderation for "trolling" but as I said the thread in question is probably started by some AE
I request a ip check and banning if its a regular member just trying to get attention
:huh: Oh, that is truly crappy&#33; Enough people on this board know Ang to know that the story is genuine.

Ang won&#39;t come here for support but she will hear that the thread is here and she will eventually come and read it, and hopefully take comfort in it. Only we have assholes like Arm who have to spoil it, and you aren&#39;t a whole lot better.

I don&#39;t think Arm should be banned outright though. That&#39;s what causes problems around here. He was, for whatever reason, being an ass but I agree that the warning system should be used.

Rat Faced
08-12-2004, 10:25 AM
The Warning System has been used.

Thankyou Aussiesheila; you have more reason to ask for a ban than most, and yet manage to avoid the Vigilantism thats being exhibited.

Arm is on indefinite Moderation at the moment, and his future will probably be discussed, taking his entire Warning History into account and not just this incident.

Busyman
08-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@12 August 2004 - 06:26
The Warning System has been used.

Thankyou Aussiesheila; you have more reason to ask for a ban than most, and yet manage to avoid the Vigilantism thats being exhibited.

Arm is on indefinite Moderation at the moment, and his future will probably be discussed, taking his entire Warning History into account and not just this incident.
Rat Faced inserts logic as always. ;)

Celerystalksme
08-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@12 August 2004 - 14:47
i request for you to stfu...

Arm always has and always will be an asshole...if u were in musicworld and read the complete bullshit he writes and all the flames he starts u might have a different opinion...but as usual you have no fucking idea and just like to add your 2cents worth which isn&#39;t even worth half a cent, ur becoming a bigger asshole than Arm...i reckon you should be put on moderation aswell...sometimes freedom of speech backfires...and assholes take full advantage...just dont except me to show sympathy when you die muchspl2 or arm...how do you like that?

hobbes
08-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@12 August 2004 - 02:43
I disagree
he did nothing wrong other than being a asshole
some would like everyone to love and hug each other, but this is the Internet and things just don&#39;t happen like that
although I disagree with what he said, we all can&#39;t be trusted 100% with everything we type
why would someone come here for support after such a tragic incident, on the flip why would someone post derogatory comments to incite rage in others
both are indistinguishable. :/

no ban necessary, learn that everyone doesn&#39;t get along. Deal with it&#33; &#33;
#1 The person in question, Ang, DID NOT come here and DID NOT post that thread and she obviously has no clue it even exists. She is obviously tending to funeral details. Yet, she was made the victim of the thread by a person who stepped way over the line.

We can call each other "morons" and "dickheads" because we disagree about whether a movie was good or not. No big deal, just internet bickering, (that is the internet "deal with it stuff"), but real life is far different. That is the internet "deal with it stuff".

The fact that you need this distinction clarified is quite frankly bewildering.

If someone posted, without you consent or knowledge, that your Mom died and someone laughed at that and then said that your Mom was ugly, that is just insanely inappropriate.

I know Arm and this is just another "Mommy doesn&#39;t love me" fit that he poisons the forum with. But enough is enough.

I propose a new sig:

http://www.devilstattoo.com/tribal%20armband.jpg

it is an Arm Band- get it?

Busyman
08-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme+12 August 2004 - 09:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Celerystalksme @ 12 August 2004 - 09:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@12 August 2004 - 14:47
i request for you to stfu...

Arm always has and always will be an asshole...if u were in musicworld and read the complete bullshit he writes and all the flames he starts u might have a different opinion...but as usual you have no fucking idea and just like to add your 2cents worth which isn&#39;t even worth half a cent, ur becoming a bigger asshole than Arm...i reckon you should be put on moderation aswell...sometimes freedom of speech backfires...and assholes take full advantage...just dont except me to show sympathy when you die muchspl2 or arm...how do you like that? [/b][/quote]
Celery cut the bandwagoning.

I don&#39;t see you making these remarks to WithCheese, AussieSheila, or ZeroCool.
(or Rat Faced)
It seems like when someone has differing opinions they get flamed.

He already said he doesn&#39;t like the guy but of course he has to say, "BAN HIM", like everyone else huh.

Eat a sala... I mean eat yourself. :ph34r:

(>Zero Cool<)
08-12-2004, 02:26 PM
ok I am not having a go at anyone :) but can I suggest that the subject is dropped. The little shit, arm, apparently wants attention and all that we are all succeding in giving him, like any other minor annoyance he should simply be ignored. It is not worth other good members getting annoyed with each over. He went too far, people complained and action was taken, that should be the end of it. just my feelings on the matter, let it end here.

CornerPocket
08-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)@12 August 2004 - 08:27
ok I am not having a go at anyone :) but can I suggest that the subject is dropped. The little shit, arm, apparently wants attention and all that we are all succeding in giving him, like any other minor annoyance he should simply be ignored. It is not worth other good members getting annoyed with each over. He went too far, people complained and action was taken, that should be the end of it. just my feelings on the matter, let it end here.
Couldn&#39;t have said it better myself.....................closed unless deemed necessary to continue. ;)

As stated action has been taken and his future will be discussed.