PDA

View Full Version : Vice City Doesnt Work!

kazaaman
08-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Man I cant install Vice City on my comp.

Every time i try i get about 40% done then i get a msg that says

component transfer error

component: GTA:vicecity
file group: App executables
file: Data2.cab
error: Data error (cylclic redundancy check)

Is there anything that can fix this problem.

I saw it work on my friends computer just fine installing and everything.

It is a burned copy but it worked for my friend y not mine?

Plz help :huh:

cpt_azad
08-12-2004, 07:41 PM
corrupted files, or u scratched the cd, happened to me to (and it only happened to me wit vice city too :o ) try using a data-fixer program to try and fix watever the files that are corrupt

BawA
08-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Bad cd burning, mount the Cd image if u got them.
Mounting is always better then Burning, if u dont have Image on ur drive then Uncheck the "Radio Station" from the vice-city setup ;)

cpt_azad
08-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@12 August 2004 - 13:04
Bad cd burning, mount the Cd image if u got them.
Mounting is always better then Burning, if u dont have Image on ur drive then Uncheck the "Radio Station" from the vice-city setup ;)
i don't think he put the second cd in yet, same thing happened to me (at exactly 40%) it's something to do wit burning cd1, anywho, do wat bawa said, y waste cdr/ws? just mount em it's so much faster and easier, if u don't have the images well than i'm stumped, i guess u'll have to redownload em?

cpt_azad
08-13-2004, 08:40 AM
wtf, this is weird, i went back to install vice city for the hell of it and i got the exact same error, how very strange, will post pic in 5 min.

cpt_azad
08-13-2004, 08:45 AM
Image Resized
[img]http://server6.uploadit.org/files/captazad-wtf_vice_city.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://server6.uploadit.org/files/captazad-wtf_vice_city.jpg')

damn, gotta go find some cd fixing software now

cpt_azad
08-13-2004, 09:01 AM
fixed it so easiliy :lol: it's so funny too, here's the prob.

some older cdroms cannot read the new compression of games and stuff, that was the case wit my cdrom, the story here is that i always (when installing from a cd, not mounting) i put it in my old school MATSHITA CR-586 which doesn't read the new cds (hell, the only game i got on cd is vice city and some avp2 :rolleyes: )

the solution? i got a cdrw, the MATSHITA CDRW -CW-7585 which happens to read the new cds i guess, just finished installing vice city, hope that helps. from now i shall use my cdrw to intall games from cd too!!!!!