PDA

View Full Version : Where should one ask for mundane forum help?

hobbes
10-04-2004, 11:23 PM
With the old avatar system, one simply had to upload it to "avatar page" which automatically gave one an avatar of acceptable size.

The new system tells me that all of my avatars are too big, so it apparently is not "downsizing" for us.

On the other hand I have this big ass signature.

I have no clue how to resize my avatar, nor do I wish to ask others to do it for me. Can the upload area not resize the pictures to fit the limits?

Emdee
10-04-2004, 11:25 PM
I don't think so. It's easy enough to resize a jpeg, I think you can even do it in MS Paint. If not, download a trial version of Paint Shop Pro and it should be easy enough to find the resize function in there. :)

UnbanMeYouF***ers
10-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Any art pack will resize an image but an easy way is to have Image Resizer from HERE (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx) then whenever you need to just right click an image.

edit: that's if you have XP

hobbes
10-04-2004, 11:51 PM
Thanks, that worked, but what a wee image.

I noticed that several people have avatars that are 80x80. When I resize to that it won't let me save. What makes others able to do this?

UnbanMeYouF***ers
10-04-2004, 11:57 PM
I don't really know VB much but maybe it's possible to get a bigger avy in the same way that Zed found the cure for image resized (changing pic names in Photobucket) if it's linked instead of uploaded :unsure: