PDA

View Full Version : Verifieddownloads.com Quick Guide

ReZ
03-25-2003, 02:22 AM
Due to high requests I've decided to actually take some time and explain how 1 + 1 = 2.
Very short yet effective guide on using VerifiedDownloads.com

UPDATE: Major bug fix, now you don't have to turn off firewall in order to download

1. Remove EVERYTHING.
2. Download latest version of K++ and install it (make sure to install Sig2Dat that comes with it)
3. Start K++
4. Click on Verified Downloads under Verified Downloads
5. If you know what you want search for it else check out the Featured Items and Categories
6. Click on download links (window will open, WAIT for it to get the correct signiture, then it will automatically close)
7. Be patient, the file is now being downloaded (or searched for)
8. If the file is good and you like it click on 'G' and if it's bad click on 'B'
9. Report fakes by clicking on 'F'. MAKE SURE that it's a fake before reporting it!

kAb
03-25-2003, 02:45 AM
um yes, why post this when it is in the faq?

verifieddownloads.com isn't any different than our verified downloads...

imported_greekboy
03-25-2003, 02:50 AM
what is this all about????? is it that hard to click on the d/l and get what you want ???????? :huh:

kAb
03-25-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by greekboy@24 March 2003 - 18:50
what is this all about????? is it that hard to click on the d/l and get what you want ???????? :huh:
lol really.

but it is always nice seeing a newcomer trying to help out :)

J'Pol
03-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Tried it. Never got anything on that site to work. It's infested with pop-ups and adverts and is just plain annoying.

On the occasion I want verifieds I just get them from the appropriate verified section here. No pop-ups, no adverts and they work.

I really can't understand why anyone would want to go there. To each his own I suppose.

PS he's not a newcomer. Been trying to get people to use that site for months. We've even had other people come here ( the lounge ) complaining about him.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...=5&t=21073&st=0 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=21073&st=0)

There is a link at the end of that thread you may also wish to read, if you are interested.

thejutt
03-26-2003, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by JmiF@25 March 2003 - 18:52
Tried it. Never got anything on that site to work. It's infested with pop-ups and adverts and is just plain annoying.

On the occasion I want verifieds I just get them from the appropriate verified section here. No pop-ups, no adverts and they work.

I really can't understand why anyone would want to go there. To each his own I suppose.

PS he's not a newcomer. Been trying to get people to use that site for months. We've even had other people come here ( the lounge ) complaining about him.

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...=5&t=21073&st=0 (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=21073&st=0)

There is a link at the end of that thread you may also wish to read, if you are interested.
Bingo! Just tried it - DOESN"T work. Swamped with pop-ups. BTW - which IS a decent verified site to use??

ReZ
03-26-2003, 05:40 AM
Make sure that you know this:

Click on the bold link "Kill Pop-Ups" to remove pop-ups.
then...
Click on the bold link "KILL Banners" to remove banners.

Hope this helps and changes the minds of the few that think the only purpose of this site is to advertise...

lunatacs
03-26-2003, 05:41 AM
turn off your firewalls before trying to use that site.

J'Pol
03-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by yorez@26 March 2003 - 06:40
You are both idiot! IDIOTS!
There's a BIG BOLD LINK saying "Kill Pop-Ups" then if you even want to kill banners there's a BOLD LINK saying "KILL Banners"
This site works and thats why the 80,000 people that use it everyday keep coming back! If you don't know how to fix your computer's problems don't come here and act like it's the web site's problem. If you follow the guide you'll get what you want. PERIOD
That's a bit harsh

al_birkett
03-26-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by yorez@26 March 2003 - 06:40
This site works and thats why the 80,000 people that use it everyday keep coming back!
our forum with the verifieds work too , and thats why people that use them keep coming back

no need to resort to insults yorez wen u arnt getting your own way

ReZ
03-26-2003, 10:32 AM
I wanted to add that the hosting and bandwith costs for last months (March) was $375.

Most of it was paid out of the site makers pockets. Needless to say that it's not made for business because if it was, it'd just be like iwannadownload.com.

I dont want to hurt anyones feeling or put anyone down, so if i have offended anyone, excuse me and please accept my apologies. Thank you

harrycary
03-26-2003, 06:57 PM
hmm, interesting thread.
seems everyone has an opinion about verifieddownloads.com.
personally, i've had problems with that particular "verifieds" site. everytime i've tried it, the hash i click just brings me back to the home page. it never loads the hash. hmm, very odd since other sites/forums have never yielded this result.
i did read a post here from someone else with the same problem.

p.s. any computer savvy user runs a pop-up killer making that a non-issue.

J'Pol
03-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@26 March 2003 - 19:57
hmm, interesting thread.
seems everyone has an opinion about verifieddownloads.com.
personally, i've had problems with that particular "verifieds" site. everytime i've tried it, the hash i click just brings me back to the home page. it never loads the hash. hmm, very odd since other sites/forums have never yielded this result.
i did read a post here from someone else with the same problem.

p.s. any computer savvy user runs a pop-up killer making that a non-issue.
I'm not that computer savvy. I just like things to be simple.

I would also advise against anyone switching off their firewall to allow them to access a website. Particularly a file sharing one.

Wizzandabe
03-26-2003, 07:32 PM
I reckon that that was a well to but it bluntly FUCKING SHIT. What the hell you tellng us that for. Piss all you got to do i find a file you want on the site and clcik the god dam link. as long as you got sig2dat installed. simple.

excuse my language. but it has to be said.

J'Pol
03-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by wizzandabe@26 March 2003 - 20:32
I reckon that that was a well to but it bluntly FUCKING SHIT. What the hell you tellng us that for. Piss all you got to do i find a file you want on the site and clcik the god dam link. as long as you got sig2dat installed. simple.

Who are you talking to ?

VB
03-26-2003, 07:38 PM
Tip for the makers of that site:

Turn off referer checking. That way the site will work for people that use webfilters/firewalls too.

J'Pol
03-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+26 March 2003 - 20:37--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 26 March 2003 - 20:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--wizzandabe@26 March 2003 - 20:32

Who are you talking to ?[/b][/quote]
To whom were you speaking ?

http://www.picturemehot.com/wizzandabe/

jetje
03-26-2003, 09:34 PM
There were several topics about not able to dl from that site.
Well Yorez kinda knew how to fix that. So i asked him to place the answers here, so that&#39;s why he&#39;s telling this.

So thnx Yorez for trying to explain, hope it will solve some peoples problems

but then again, you always can check the verifieds in here... :rolleyes:

KANADIANborn
03-27-2003, 02:50 AM
I&#39;m not a guru, barely computer literate :lol: but I just don&#39;t understand why a website would need you to turn-off ones firewall/protection to use a "simple" sig2dat link. :blink: FastTrack dosen&#39;t need you/me to do this.

Could anyone explain to me why? I ask because I have an over-active imagination, and believe they&#39;re (Verified Downloads) is/would be doing something "sinister" to my comp :P

professorX
03-27-2003, 03:10 AM
yea I tried VerifiedDownloads.com an got a couple bogus files from there I dont like a site that has verifieds that dosent work or has no way to send a message to complain or complement them
.... I love the layout of it though ....

WebCheF
03-27-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by jetje@26 March 2003 - 22:34
There were several topics about not able to dl from that site.
Well Yorez kinda knew how to fix that. So i asked him to place the answers here, so that&#39;s why he&#39;s telling this.

So thnx Yorez for trying to explain, hope it will solve some peoples problems

but then again, you always can check the verifieds in here... :rolleyes:
It seems that if we could get in the habit of not posting snide and rude coments to people ,whether it is redundant or not, that post any help or information.

This kind of negative critism does not promote a welcoming environment.

BTW, I have had probs with that site also. Maybe if we replied some feedback to the Webmaster, the site might become more successful.

sillimander
03-27-2003, 04:24 AM
I&#39;ve been there many times and never once gotten a dat. I click on the links and keep getting sent back to the main page.

There&#39;s no way in bloody hell I&#39;m cutting off my firewall just to get sig2dats to work. Any site or program that needs a firewall cut off to work makes me suspicious and I won&#39;t use it. The other verified sites don&#39;t need my security settings cut off so why does that one?

There are actually some dats on the site that I&#39;d like to get, but as long as it&#39;s set up to not work with a firewall I won&#39;t be using it.

kAb
03-27-2003, 04:36 AM
it works for me :huh:

ReZ
03-27-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Paul@26 March 2003 - 11:38
Tip for the makers of that site:

Turn off referer checking. That way the site will work for people that use webfilters/firewalls too.
Message sent to the makers of that site (since I know them kinda).

Thanks Paul, problem has been fixed. :D