PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox is being a little prick.

Rip The Jacker
10-06-2004, 12:05 AM
This has been happening for a while now. For some reason, every now and then I'll turn on my Xbox, and it won't start. The Xbox LED (around the eject button) will blink red and green, and the screen will be blank, and thats it. I turn it off and back on, and after like 20 trys, it works.

From what I understand, the blinking red and green LED means the problem is with the AV cable. I tried using a friends AV cable, and I got the same thing. I called Xbox Tech Support, and the guy who didn't know anything told me to unplug the power cord, wait 30 sec, and try again. That obviously didn't work.

The problem come's and go's. Right now my Xbox is fine, my little brother is playing it. But it will happen again, it always comes back. Anyone know why? :blink:

Oh, also, when I finally get the damn thing to start, the time is reset, and the Xbox has me set the time all over again.

Help? :(

silent h3ro
10-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Buy a new one? Thats really wierd. Or maybe blow the dust out of the cables.

Rip The Jacker
10-06-2004, 12:43 AM
Shit its happening again! Argh!

Cygnuz-Y
10-06-2004, 12:51 AM
Is it modded??

Rip The Jacker
10-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Ok, I just finished making another call to Xbox Tech Support.

1. I was wrong, a blinking red/green LED isn't an AV problem. The AV problem is a blinking orange/green LED.

2. My Xbox is not modded in any way, nor have I tried modding it.

The nice lady said I needed to set up my Xbox for repair. And because my warrenty is over, I have to pay $79.90 plus tax.... SHIT.

I guess I'm going to have to ignore the problem. :(

ofbz
10-06-2004, 11:08 AM
mod it then... maybe it'll get fixed that way... :P

but i would get a modchip in that case...

edit: OMG i just realized i'm a newcomer AGAIN!!!... damn...

asmithz
10-06-2004, 11:17 AM
SOLID GREEN/No EJECT/No AUDIO/No VIDEO:
Probably a bad solder point. Check all your points again.
It could also be a heat problem , make sure your fan is connected and don't put your xbox near heat sources. You can also try to open the top of the xbox and check if it goes better.
Dont think this will help, but thats what red and green flshing means.

Rip The Jacker
10-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Damn... what am I supposed to do now? I don't want to pay to get it repaired, and I don't want to open it and try to repair it, making shit worse. It isn't that bad yet, my brother is playing MK: Deception. :D

But still, it keeps happening, and will happen again. What should I do? Sell my Xbox on eBay? :(

Celerystalksme
10-07-2004, 11:02 AM
I dunno...

But my x-box is sweet and loving every minute of me playing fable on it...

I love charlene and she loves me...its the best relationship i ever had :D

asmithz
10-07-2004, 11:20 AM
I'd ask at xbox-scene.com, thay'ed be more help on this subject.

Gre1
10-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Yeah my friend told me that his just cuts off when he is playing games sometimes.

asmithz
10-07-2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah my friend told me that his just cuts off when he is playing games sometimes.

Is his modded? Might be IGR (in game reset), some people have a probelm with it, and need to disable it.

Adster
10-07-2004, 01:39 PM
fk repairing it its better off getting a new one

h121589
10-09-2004, 10:28 PM
totally agree

cpt_azad
10-09-2004, 11:53 PM

agreed, u repair, it and BOOM, a couple months down the road it happens again. sell ur's on ebay or to some puny stupid kid (sold my n64 to this little kid in my cul-de-sac for 150 bucks a year and a half ago). then buy a new one, and when u do buy a new one, buy a PRE-MODDED one, trust me. so it's 50 bucks extra, u WILL NEVER regret it.

SingaBoiy
10-10-2004, 01:23 AM
I dunno...

But my x-box is sweet and loving every minute of me playing fable on it...

I love charlene and she loves me...its the best relationship i ever had :D
Is that the name of your xbox? :lol:

Mine is Killer.

h121589
10-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Is that the name of your xbox? :lol:

Mine is Killer.
hmm i dont have a name for mine i should make one

ofbz
10-10-2004, 06:11 AM
i dub mine... Xara (like sara, but with the x)

i might change it later... :)

Celerystalksme
10-10-2004, 12:35 PM
When you have halo muliplayer ur system link gives out ur x-box's name...i haven't played system link halo on my x-box...but i just named my x-box charlene :D

Adster
10-10-2004, 01:11 PM
When you have halo muliplayer ur system link gives out ur x-box's name...i haven't played system link halo on my x-box...but i just named my x-box charlene :D

and you go for her all night don't you