PDA

View Full Version : I'm Searching For Something...And I Need Your Help!

brotherdoobie
10-06-2004, 07:43 AM
I'm looking for something. I'm not really sure what it is, but I know I miss it.
I have used Google and she hasn't helped.

Maybe it's for the best...but I don't think so...not really.
I am swimming in melancholy.

Are you to feeling wistful? Maybe we can look together,for whatever it is causing us to feel like were missing something in life.

I haven't always felt this way. It's kinda scary. I love my wife...but I have strong yearnings for sex with strange women. I feel like I am one of too many
people in a finite space.

I need air...mabey a drink of water. I want to run,but I smoke way to many cigarettes to go very far.

Where has all the adventure gone?
Are there any mysteries left to solve? (even if they are small...and vanilla)

Help me find my soul,heart,love,peace,happiness.
Can you?

I can't do it alone. :)

Peace Paul

maskawaih
10-06-2004, 07:55 AM
yes you can.

uNz[i]
10-06-2004, 08:27 AM
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2

I have climbed the highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you.

I have run, I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you.

But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for.
What I'm looking for.

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire

I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone.

What I'm looking for.
What I'm looking for.

I believe in the Kingdom Come
Then all the colours will bleed into one
Bleed into one.
But yes, I'm still running.

You broke the bonds
And you loosed the chains
Carried the cross of my shame
Oh my shame, you know I believe it.

What I'm looking for.
What I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for.
What I'm looking for.

:music:

Gripper
10-06-2004, 08:29 AM
unzi thas very profound,wonder how many people actually know the lyrics of the songs they love?

ZaZu
10-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Its spelled m-a-y-b-e :)

brotherdoobie
10-06-2004, 08:56 AM
Its spelled m-a-y-b-e :)

Thanks for the advice. What a guy ;)...Pointing out a typo,when I'm feeling
down.

Cheers.

Peace Paul

Gripper
10-06-2004, 09:03 AM
When you feel low look around you theres alway's someone worse off than yourself,blind deaf paralysed......hope you feel better soon,'cause i've beeen where you are and things do get better.
"Alway's look on the bright side of life"
Life of Brian:)

ZaZu
10-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the advice. What a guy ;)...Pointing out a typo,when I'm feeling
down.

Cheers.

Peace Paul I'm in the lounge on Filesharingtalk.com ....where do you think you are?:lol::lol::lol:

Gripper
10-06-2004, 09:13 AM
I'm in the lounge on Filesharingtalk.com ....where do you think you are?:lol::lol::lol:
Zazu ,I hope you don't work for The Samaratins:)

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:22 AM
Hey ho :)

maskawaih
10-06-2004, 09:38 AM
hey danb. you got 5 red cards! :blink:

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:42 AM
hey danb. you got 5 red cards! :blink:

I know its cos the admin thought it would be funny :rolleyes:

I have -497 points :lol: :lol:

DarthInsinuate
10-06-2004, 11:46 AM

i tried to add to your rep, but i think i missed, never mind :rolleyes:

ahctlucabbuS
10-06-2004, 02:42 PM

Seeing you now only have 3 red cards, I thought I'd help you out as well. :01:

DanB
10-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Thank you. I am only on -239 now :lol:

NikkiD
10-06-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm looking for something. I'm not really sure what it is, but I know I miss it.
I have used Google and she hasn't helped.

Maybe it's for the best...but I don't think so...not really.
I am swimming in melancholy.

Are you to feeling wistful? Maybe we can look together,for whatever it is causing us to feel like were missing something in life.

I haven't always felt this way. It's kinda scary. I love my wife...but I have strong yearnings for sex with strange women. I feel like I am one of too many
people in a finite space.

I need air...mabey a drink of water. I want to run,but I smoke way to many cigarettes to go very far.

Where has all the adventure gone?
Are there any mysteries left to solve? (even if they are small...and vanilla)

Help me find my soul,heart,love,peace,happiness.
Can you?

I can't do it alone. :)

Peace Paul
You know where they are, Paul.

Complacency has given way to apathy, and the realization of this has brought despair. There is always adventure to find in life if you're looking for it, but when we reach a state of comfort in our lives, we tend to stop searching. The very fact that you've realized it means that you're searching again, and you will find it. Try doing little things with the ones you love. Take a nature hike with your family, go out on a date with your wife, take up a new hobby. You will find it again, because you want to. :)

Robert00000
10-06-2004, 06:03 PM
You know where they are, Paul.

Complacency has given way to apathy, and the realization of this has brought despair. There is always adventure to find in life if you're looking for it, but when we reach a state of comfort in our lives, we tend to stop searching. The very fact that you've realized it means that you're searching again, and you will find it. Try doing little things with the ones you love. Take a nature hike with your family, go out on a date with your wife, take up a new hobby. You will find it again, because you want to. :)
He is seeking morpheus :ph34r:

100%
10-06-2004, 06:14 PM
BroDooB - you will find it all - patience - it will come ;)

hobbes
10-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I can relate to your state of apathy.

Desiring other women is just mans' animal nature. That is why I have no interest in marraige. Too confining for just a little sex. If I want kids, perhaps I will get married.

As for the rest, unfortunately life no longer has those rungs of great excitement to swing from one to another. Birthday-Halloween-Christmas-Snowfall-Easter-Spring- Summer break- camp were the rungs I enjoyed. Always something to look forward to with great anticipation and excitement.

All these pleasures have receded, no great epiphanies remain. All the potential magic has been released from the magicians hat. I just try and have something available to keep me entertained day-to-day (baseball playoffs, football season, a videogame) and I have a cruise in December, as the rung I am swinging toward.

Adult life will never capture the excitement of discovery we experienced as youths'. I think women tend to become entertained by children and being a good parent is enough for them, but I really don't care about children.

You just have to find something that interests you, and keeps your mind active. As we all know drugs and melocholy don't mix, drugs simply make it worse.

I think physical activity, everyday, can really keep your attitude positive. Not necessarily a "workout", but just something to stretch the legs and let the mind wander.

hobbes
10-06-2004, 06:43 PM
I forgot to mention "stress".

You must evaluate your life and determine your level of stress.

List all those things that stress you and formulate a plan to remove it or minimize it.

Getting you wife involved can make it easier.

Quit smoking, together.
Take a walk after dinner together.
Plan something fun, like a weekend hike or float trip. Something to break up the monotony of day to day life. You need disruptions to help stay out of a rut.

Remember, it is OK to want time alone, even if you have a child with a problem. It is not only reasonable and but also necessary to take a break from him from time to time. You are a parent, but you are also an individual.

I really think that people should have a rung up ahead to be swinging toward. I say this because I am pretty stressed now. Once through Oct/Nov, I have my cruise waiting for me.

ruthie
10-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Good replies, Nikki and Hobbes. I would debate one point though

"I think women tend to become entertained by children and being a good parent is enough for them"

Being a good parent is not enough, and does not neccesarily fill the needs of the self as an individual. I am more then the mother, more then a worker, more then a girlfriend. All of these things are part of me, but there is the seperate self as spirit.
I have had times of longing for something other then what was, yet not sure of the longing...perhaps feeling like there was more out there to do...as an individual.
May I ask, BD, how old you are? Feel better...you are not alone in these thoughts. We all go through it at one time or another, and many times more then once in our lifetime.

ahctlucabbuS
10-06-2004, 06:55 PM
I'd follow the advice of NikkiD and Hobbes.

I've been pondering about the idea of doing a cliche thing and write a list of things I want to do. Preferably things that doesn't require much money or planning. Beeing me these days, that shouldn't be too hard...