PDA

View Full Version : PCZone UK awards Half Life 2 97% :o

RGX
10-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Considering they are thought of as one of the toughest no bullshit review teams in gaming.....wow... :o

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41233

Play it, enjoy it, savour it. Games may never get this good again.

RGX drools.

TheRealDave
10-06-2004, 12:02 PM
man, i cant wait much longer for this game.. since people have been reviewing it would it not be possible for a leak? *dreams*

Peerzy
10-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Peerzy has the scans :D .

Illuminati
10-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Considering they are thought of as one of the toughest no bullshit review teams in gaming.....

What the f*** are you sniffing? :P

PC Zone UK & PC Gamer UK are more like each other than either admits - Both have their fanboi reviews and have been known to give ratings more favourably than not (how many games have got less than half marks in either magazine compared to more than?)

The most critical magazine in the UK is Edge - I'd love to see their score for it :devil: Having said that, this and a 96% from PCG UK must mean something - Either they're both full of HL2 fanboys :rolleyes:, Valve paid both of them off :shifty: or HL2 really is something after all :O

RGX
10-06-2004, 03:57 PM
What the f*** are you sniffing? :P

PC Zone UK & PC Gamer UK are more like each other than either admits - Both have their fanboi reviews and have been known to give ratings more favourably than not (how many games have got less than half marks in either magazine compared to more than?)

The most critical magazine in the UK is Edge - I'd love to see their score for it :devil: Having said that, this and a 96% from PCG UK must mean something - Either they're both full of HL2 fanboys :rolleyes:, Valve paid both of them off :shifty: or HL2 really is something after all :O

Sorry, but edge is pants. Pants, pants, pants.

RGX
10-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Peerzy has the scans :D .

Oh and RGX is reading his subscription issue now. :P

Cheese
10-06-2004, 04:07 PM
All computer magazines are "pants". They don't dare give bad reviews to the big releases for fear of losing advertising money. So unless a game really sucks (or blows) then it'll get a decent review or more likely a rave review.

It just makes sense for them to hype a game for months (or even years) as it sells magazines. How many "Exclusive screenshots/previews/reviews/demos of Game X" covers have you seen?

Well that's my experience of them anyhow. The media lies, you're better off getting your game reviews from me. Mind, I hate all games....

Illuminati
10-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Sorry, but edge is pants. Pants, pants, pants.

Too unfun to keep your attention? :P

RGX
10-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Too unfun to keep your attention? :P

Yes Illuminati that's it, too unfun to keep my attention. :rolleyes:

cpt_azad
10-07-2004, 12:16 AM
All computer magazines are "pants". They don't dare give bad reviews to the big releases for fear of losing advertising money. So unless a game really sucks (or blows) then it'll get a decent review or more likely a rave review.

It just makes sense for them to hype a game for months (or even years) as it sells magazines. How many "Exclusive screenshots/previews/reviews/demos of Game X" covers have you seen?

Well that's my experience of them anyhow. The media lies, you're better off getting your game reviews from me. Mind, I hate all games....

so true, sad, but true

silent h3ro
10-07-2004, 12:29 AM
I hate all games....:angry: GTFO of Gameworld if you don't like games.:angry:

Afronaut
10-07-2004, 12:51 AM
:angry: GTFO of Gameworld if you don't like games.:angry:
Chill out dude, I think he made a valid point about the press.

Maybe he is not so Hardcore but his post contributes more than yours in this thread.

Personally, I just wish I coud get the hardware whats required for new games,
no point playing Doom3 or HL2 on TI4200/128mbRam screencard.

:cool2:

silent h3ro
10-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Chill out dude, I think he made a valid point about the press.

Maybe he is not so Hardcore but his post contributes more than yours in this thread.

Personally, I just wish I coud get the hardware whats required for new games,
no point playing Doom3 or HL2 on TI4200/128mbRam screencard.

:cool2:He made a valid point, yes, but im not shure what the end of that statement was about. :huh: Btw, that last post was not meant to be taken so seriously.

Emdee
10-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Edge has been a pretty good magazine in my experience, not that I read computer mags that often.

Seems a bit more serious and professional than other mags.

silent h3ro
10-08-2004, 07:00 PM
I had as dream about this game last night. I can't wait for the game to come out.:)

Timz
10-08-2004, 07:17 PM
kewl

Celerystalksme
10-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Edge has been a pretty good magazine in my experience, not that I read computer mags that often.

Seems a bit more serious and professional than other mags.

Yes Edge is a great magazine...the best multi-platform magazine...We finally got a Australian edition of it last month...and the november issue is out next week...And from what i saw of the first Australian issue (which is pretty much the same as the UK version...just like the OAXM (Australian) is just like the OXM (UK) version)...it looks like a great mag...

Illuminati
10-09-2004, 01:06 PM
The only thing I'll say about Edge is don't expect many games to get great results from it - While many game magazines give out ratings that average 70-80%, Edge's usual ratings are around the 4-5-6/10 mark

Not even Vice City, considered one of the greatest games to date, got a Ten (I think it got a nine if I remember correctly). Out of ten years, 140+ issues and countless reviews, only four have ever got ten out of ten - Mario 64, Gran Turismo, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Halo.

Can't wait to see the HL2 review in it - Despite my cynicism to go "OMFG it's gonna be great" before playing it, I am hoping the 10/10 club gets its fifth entry :)