PDA

View Full Version : Who keeps rating all these threads???

enoughfakefiles
10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
Who`s the phantom thread rater.??? :01:

DanB
10-06-2004, 08:54 PM
I rated mine

Cheese
10-06-2004, 08:55 PM
I rate this thread 5/5.:01:

Aaron_T
oh, you just reminded me to rate mine :P

Mr. Mulder
I down rate withcheese’s to annoy him, but no others :unsure:

bigboab
10-06-2004, 08:57 PM
If you have a lot of Accounts then you can push your thread rating up. Seems pointless IMO.:( I think like the ignore feature they should just take them off. Do you really need a database to prevent you reading someones posts?;)

enoughfakefiles
10-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Maybe it`s a secret obsession with the stars still. :lol: :lol:

Mike Nelson
10-06-2004, 09:00 PM
If you have a lot of Accounts then you can push your thread rating up. Seems pointless IMO.:( I think like the ignore feature they should just take them off. Do you really need a database to prevent you reading someones posts?;)

that's so true

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:01 PM
I think like the ignore feature they should just take them off. Do you really need a database to prevent you reading someones posts?;)

Why should they take the ignore feature off? :unsure:

Aaron_T
10-06-2004, 09:01 PM

couldnt agree more :)

bujub22
10-06-2004, 09:06 PM

true dat!! ;)

Cheese
I think the rating system is an invaluable tool in evaluating the worth of threads on this forum.

DanB

Well? :huh:

bujub22
10-06-2004, 09:07 PM

to be kind to other and jus read what they wrote,if u dont like it then jus ignore it yourself ;)

Cheese
10-06-2004, 09:08 PM
to be kind to other and jus read what they wrote,if u dont like it then jus ignore it yourself ;)
/ignores it myself.

bigboab
10-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Well? :huh:
I thought that I answered that in the original quote.

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:10 PM

To be kind? :unsure: wtf has that got to do with it?

I think the feature is quite good as troble preventing measure.

edit - BB i don't hink so or else Iwouldn't ask. Just saying do you really need a database to stop it doesn't really give a good reason

bujub22
10-06-2004, 09:13 PM
To be kind? :unsure: wtf has that got to do with it?

I think the feature is quite good as troble preventing measure.

edit - BB i don't hink so or else Iwouldn't ask. Just saying do you really need a database to stop it doesn't really give a good reason

but u said it yourself that u cant see what they say if there ignored so ,they could be sayin something good or bad and you'll never know it !

so how'd that go with them starting a topic??

bigboab
10-06-2004, 09:13 PM
It does not seem to be working up til now, Dan. All I can see is people who are supposed to be on 'ignore' flaming each other.:(

Cheese
10-06-2004, 09:14 PM
I think the ignore feature would work better if it somehow sent a bolt of electricity through the person you wished to ignore stunning them into unconsciousness.

manker
10-06-2004, 09:15 PM
I think the ignore feature would work better if it somehow sent a bolt of electricity through the person you wished to ignore stunning them into unconsciousness.
Sorry for the shortness of this post. I'm stunned.

Aaron_T
10-06-2004, 09:16 PM
im confused are we talking about the ignore feature or the star rating system?

DanB
It does not seem to be working up til now, Dan. All I can see is people who are supposed to be on 'ignore' flaming each other.:(

Show me where I have flamed Azzz tonight :blink:

Its working perfick for me, as with the topic starting bit it just meant I couldn't see the first post.

edit - Cheese, good idea, dunno how you'd set it up though

bigboab
The trouble with that Cheese is that it would work both ways.:o

keyser_soze
10-06-2004, 09:17 PM
I don't bother with the rating anyway if the topic interests me I take a look then check posts that don't catch my eye at the end of the day the stars are given by some1 who read it and they might not be into the same things as you so best bet read a couple then spam them all :o

bujub22

:lol: that would be so funny ,that ppl not on the ignore list would be doing it anyway :lol:

jus zapped cheese :lol: sorry

manker
I don't see the problem there, Boab ;)

Aaron_T
10-06-2004, 09:18 PM
The trouble with that Cheese is that it would work both ways.:o

:lol: :lol:

bigboab
Show me where I have flamed Azzz tonight :blink:

Its working perfick for me, as with the topic starting bit it just meant I couldn't see the first post.

edit - Cheese, good idea, dunno how you'd set it up though
I did not mention anybody in particular Dan. all I could see was 'flaming'.

bujub22
I don't bother with the rating anyway if the topic interests me I take a look then check posts that don't catch my eye at the end of the day the stars are given by some1 who read it and they might not be into the same things as you so best bet read a couple then spam them all :o
;) .................

Aaron_T
10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
anywayz, night joob, boab, keyser :) im off now

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
I did not mention anybody in particular Dan. all I could see was 'flaming'.

As far as I am aware I am the only person who has Azzz on ignore. So by saying 'All I can see is people who are supposed to be on 'ignore' flaming each other' made me think you were digging me out

My apologies if I am wrong but I am sure you can see how i reached that conclusion :)

Cheese
10-06-2004, 09:23 PM
From QDB:

<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet

bigboab
10-06-2004, 09:24 PM
As far as I am aware I am the only person who has Azzz on ignore. So by saying 'All I can see is people who are supposed to be on 'ignore' flaming each other' made me think you were digging me out

My apologies if I am wrong but I am sure you can see how i reached that conclusion :)
No I dont know who has who on ignore Dan. I assumed wrongly that you all had each other on ignore. Do you see what i mean by the pointlessness of the whole situation?:lol:

manker
10-06-2004, 09:25 PM
From QDB:

<[SA]HatfulOfHollow> i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too true. :D

What is QDB, btw?

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:27 PM
No I dont know who has who on ignore Dan. I assumed wrongly that you all had each other on ignore. Do you see what i mean by the pointlessness of the whole situation?:lol:

Yeah, I know that I can't bite my tongue so the best way is to remove temptation, for me anyway.

Ah who knows, maybe it will get to the day where everyone is ignoring everyone and then there will be no posts to read :lol:

Rat Faced
10-06-2004, 09:27 PM
I wish to hell you'd all just cool off

bigboab
10-06-2004, 09:31 PM
I wish to hell you'd all just cool off

I'll cool off when you tell me why I cant or I am not allowed to change the title under my Avator. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic of rating threads. but I did mention it.:lol: :lol:

Everose
10-06-2004, 09:32 PM
QUOTE=manker]Sorry for the shortness of this post. I'm stunned.[/QUOTE]

enoughfakefiles
10-06-2004, 09:33 PM
I'll cool off when you tell me why I cant or I am not allowed to change the title under my Avator. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic of rating threads. but I did mention it.:lol: :lol:

I like to know that as well but was afraid to ask. :lol:

Rat Faced
10-06-2004, 09:33 PM

As soon as you tell me why i can ban people for a certain number of days, but cant put them on Moderation :p

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:35 PM
As soon as you tell me why i can ban people for a certain number of days, but cant put them on Moderation :p

Cos moderation is no longer an option? :huh:

Thats the only reason I can think for Krohn banning Busyman for 24 hours for unhelpful comments rather than putting him on moderation :unsure:

Rat Faced
10-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Until the board gets sorted thats gonna be the standard

Which is why im publicly telling you all to cool it in the threads..... :P

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Oh well, I guess it fits in with erm actions from the past shall I say :ph34r: :lol:

bigboab
10-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Cos moderation is no longer an option? :huh:

Thats the only reason I can think for Krohn banning Busyman for 24 hours for unhelpful comments rather than putting him on moderation :unsure:
Sounds like a dangerous tactic. Allowing Moderators to ban people for a day. What if the Mod just does not like the member. some members may just not come back, all for some silly little 'comment'. I know i would not come back. I've left myself open there Dan.:lol: :lol:

manker
10-06-2004, 09:42 PM
I really don't think a mod would ban a member just because they didn't like them.

Also if a one day ban was warranted I'm sure it would be discussed rather than doled out on a whimsical basis.

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Sounds like a dangerous tactic. Allowing Moderators to ban people for a day. What if the Mod just does not like the member. some members may just not come back, all for some silly little 'comment'. I know i would not come back. I've left myself open there Dan.:lol: :lol:

I have to agree with you there BB

edit - Manker is that cos we all know bans are discussed?

/me runs off to hide :lol:

Cheese
10-06-2004, 09:46 PM
I really don't think a mod would ban a member just because they didn't like them.

Also if a one day ban was warranted I'm sure it would be discussed rather than doled out on a whimsical basis.
Ad-Lib is another matter though. That guy had a screw loose. I'm glad he never became our admin eh?

manker
10-06-2004, 09:48 PM

I just meant that I think the current mod team are pretty much on top of their game.

The admins are another matter, I think they would ban on a whimsical basis, save IKE - who is a mod in disguise anyway.

Edit:@ Cheese - really glad, I actually thought that whole ad-lib thing was a joke. :blink:

Cheese
10-06-2004, 09:51 PM

I just meant that I think the current mod team are pretty much on top of their game.

The admins are another matter, I think they would ban on a whimsical basis, save IKE - who is a mod in disguise anyway.

Edit:@ Cheese - really glad, I actually thought that whole ad-lib thing was a joke. :blink:
Half of it was, somebody cloned the guy straight away but the real Ad-lib (whoever he was) went and promised to ban Pol for closing his thread. (amongst other things)

DanB
10-06-2004, 09:58 PM
*poof* back to the pool.....