PDA

View Full Version : CSS Question

Timz
10-11-2004, 12:09 AM
If i install the emporio version, and decide to buy the game later on, is it gonna sumhow mess up the real version even if i uninstall it (if it even comes w/ and uninstall)

Cygnuz-Y
10-11-2004, 12:13 AM
If i install the emporio version, and decide to buy the game later on, is it gonna sumhow mess up the real version even if i uninstall it (if it even comes w/ and uninstall)

Just buy it, its worth it, believe me, even if you dont like CS:S you will love Half Life 2

SingaBoiy
10-11-2004, 12:14 AM
You should be fine as long as you uninstall and delete everything related to it.

Timz
10-11-2004, 12:43 AM
oh, if i bought the steam package right now off of steam and D/L css right now, can i somehow request that they send my HL2, and CSS through the mail on cds?

Cygnuz-Y
10-11-2004, 02:22 AM
oh, if i bought the steam package right now off of steam and D/L css right now, can i somehow request that they send my HL2, and CSS through the mail on cds?

No, steam buy is without cds only

Timz
10-11-2004, 03:28 AM
ic, thx

BawA
10-11-2004, 11:35 AM

The emporio version is not installble, its just a winrar archive all u do is to extract the directory and delete it when u want so it means there r no registry key's for it. when u buy the game u can just delete the emporio directory and install the game or u can have both, the emporio is kinda RIPed version.

Timz
10-11-2004, 04:34 PM
The emporio version is not installble, its just a winrar archive all u do is to extract the directory and delete it when u want so it means there r no registry key's for it. when u buy the game u can just delete the emporio directory and install the game or u can have both, the emporio is kinda RIPed version.

Ic, so in other words, no permanent effects at all... unlike steam which completely pissed me off when they permanently install shit on my hd.

Also, ive also read a rumor in a TB forums that said valve was acually taking down the IP adresses of all people who are playing CSS now using ilegal versions such as the emporio release, can anyone put my worries to rest before i try out the release?

BawA
10-11-2004, 04:37 PM
it could be cuz many members here say they can play online without any problem which is wiered. as far as i went i couldnt play it online, just having fun with poor BOT's :lol:

SingaBoiy
10-11-2004, 05:10 PM
I can play but only the first time on real servers. After that I would get a "Steam Validation" error. I can still play on cracked servers though. :)

Timz
10-11-2004, 05:30 PM
http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154322

this is from the steam forums, about valve logging ips, i sure hope its bull... but atp im not sure

Spicker
10-11-2004, 05:32 PM
http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=154322

this is from the steam forums, about valve logging ips, i sure hope its bull... but atp im not sure
ok im really scared now...

but im a minor soo :P

Timz
10-11-2004, 05:33 PM
for those who use TB, there is a post in the "games" section about it

TheRealDave
10-11-2004, 06:04 PM
i doubt (hope) they can manage to do this.. I'm not in the US so is that me clear?

TheRealDave
10-11-2004, 06:22 PM
man, i read the topic and it now sounds like bollocks :P

Spicker
10-11-2004, 07:28 PM
just make sure u change ur name form emporio to something else before u go in to a server....and if anyone asks just say u bought the game...and make sure u have a good firewalll :)

Timz
10-11-2004, 08:11 PM
just make sure u change ur name form emporio to something else before u go in to a server....and if anyone asks just say u bought the game...and make sure u have a good firewalll :)

I dont think changing ur name matters, they can tell that you are using a fake or cracked version when you attempt to connect to on of their servers.

Spicker
10-11-2004, 09:17 PM
I dont think changing ur name matters, they can tell that you are using a fake or cracked version when you attempt to connect to on of their servers.
no they cant...how is that possible??

they couldnt figure out that i was on a cracked css :01: