PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike: Reformat...

orcutt989
10-12-2004, 02:03 AM
SHIT!!!. I just got done reformatting my hard drive....I was changing the texture from medium, to high, and windows locked up. I tried to hard boot. But windows wouldnt boot up no way, no how. I tried safe mode, safe mode with cmd.....and everything possible....Dell tells me i have to reformat...:( Just a warning to everyone.

Monkeee
10-12-2004, 02:06 AM
wha???

Keikan
10-12-2004, 06:23 AM
huh?

Timz
10-12-2004, 10:28 PM
lol, just to add my 2 cents.. what?!

3RA1N1AC
10-12-2004, 10:52 PM
reformat, piffle. you prolly just needed to repair your Windows installation. either Dell employs morons for tech support, or you misunderstood what they told you.

orcutt989
10-13-2004, 12:24 AM
No, the crazy Indian guy walked me through it, and it was pretty much returning the windows installation back to how it was when it came from the factory. A friend told me the PC just overheated, could that have been the case? I am sick of Dell people. All they do is look up on google "PC wont boot" and then see what they can do.

EDIT: I didnt realize my previous post. I apologise for my idiocy. I was playing counter strike: source. I was changing the Video setting of "texture" from medium to the high setting, and then windows locked up, and ceased to boot without a blue screen. It would not boot into safe mode or anything.

Spicker
10-13-2004, 12:55 AM
For CSS users:

when u change the settings in the advanced section or when u change the resolution u the game freezes for a couple of seconds/minutes but it DOES start working again after noramally with the settings u chose....

ao all u require is Patience...

i shall now exit :)

orcutt989
10-13-2004, 06:33 PM
For CSS users:

when u change the settings in the advanced section or when u change the resolution u the game freezes for a couple of seconds/minutes but it DOES start working again after noramally with the settings u chose....

ao all u require is Patience...

i shall now exit :)

I waited a half our, and my computer didnt unlock itself.

TheRealDave
10-14-2004, 08:27 PM
it shouldn't need you to reformat though :blink:

orcutt989
10-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Alright, i know. In my defense again i will say the Dell personell instructed me to reformat.....read above.