PDA

View Full Version : "Half life 2 - anon- hl2"

Cyonic
10-14-2004, 12:21 PM
I saw this on Suprnova, Can anyone tell me what this game is; is it a leak or a beta?

{I}{K}{E}
10-14-2004, 12:23 PM
www.nforce.nl

BawA
10-14-2004, 12:30 PM
the one Anon released was a leaked version now i dont know if theres any new release, r u talking about same Old anon leacked version?

Peerzy
10-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Bawa you say Anon as if it means something.... Anon means No GRP. Meaning the people who released it didnt want to tag there name to it incase of a massive piracy hunt. Its a very bad Alpha by the way, wait 2 months and get the full game.

TheRealDave
10-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Bawa you say Anon as if it means something.... Anon means No GRP. Meaning the people who released it didnt want to tag there name to it incase of a massive piracy hunt. Its a very bad Alpha by the way, wait 2 months and get the full game.
more like, wait two months for it to be pushed back another 4 :lol:

BawA
10-14-2004, 04:11 PM

am saying that cuz i read somewhere that the guy didnt wanted to be know on internet so he called himself anon,

Peerzy
10-14-2004, 07:02 PM
am saying that cuz i read somewhere that the guy didnt wanted to be know on internet so he called himself anon,
Doom 3 Alpha was Anon as was Doom 3 Beta, as was Half Life 2 Aplpha. All ANON but done by 3 different completely random people. ANON is a universal word when someone doesnt want to draw to much attention towards there release group becuase of the hype of a massive leak or pre beta release.

Mad Cat
10-14-2004, 07:27 PM

Anon is short for anonymous.

a·non·y·mous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nn-ms)
adj.
Having an unknown or unacknowledged name: an anonymous author.
Having an unknown or withheld authorship or agency: an anonymous letter; an anonymous phone call.
Having no distinctive character or recognition factor: “a very great, almost anonymous center of people who just want peace” (Alan Paton).

BawA
10-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Anon is short for anonymous.

i know that ;)