PDA

View Full Version : Voter Fraud in Ohio

spinningfreemanny
10-18-2004, 11:12 PM
MAN GIVEN CRACK COCAINE TO REGISTER VOTERS ARRESTED IN OHIO
Mon Oct 18 2004 13:26:03 ET

October 18, 2004

The Defiance County Sheriff's Office arrested Chad Staton, age 22, of Stratton Ave., Defiance, on a charge of False Registration, in Violation of Section 3599.11 of the Ohio Revised Code, a felony of the fifth degree.

The SheriffÕs Office alleges that Staton filled out over 100 voter registration forms that were fictitious. Staton was to be paid for each registration form that he could get citizens to fill out. However, Staton himself filled out the registrations and returned them to the woman who hired him from Toledo, Ohio. Deputies allege that Staton was paid crack cocaine for the falsified registrations.

Defiance Deputies along with Toledo Police Department detectives conducted a search warrant of a residence on Woodland in Toledo, believed to be the home of the woman who hired Staton to solicit voter registration. Officers confiscated drug paraphernalia along with voter registration forms from the home. The occupant of the home, Georgianne Pitts, age 41, advised law enforcement, along with Ohio B.C.I.&I., that she had been recruited by Thaddeus J. Jackson, II, of Cleveland, to obtain voter registrations. Pitts admitted to paying Staton crack cocaine for the registrations in lieu of money.

A business card provided by Pitts indicated that Jackson is the Assistant NVF Ohio Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund.

The initial complaint received by the Sheriff's Office came from the Defiance County Board of Elections. The Board had received the 100 plus registration forms from the Cuyahoga Board of Elections that had been submitted to the Cuyahoga Board by the NAACP National Voter Fund.

Can anyone state that it happens on both sides?

vidcc
10-19-2004, 12:00 AM
i'm trying to think what exactly is your issue in relation to "both sides"

Everose
10-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Yes, Manny, it happens on both sides of an election, it seems. Too bad there has to be sides, but America is deeply divided right now. Passions are running high. It is hard for people to be anything else but passionate about their views, and to me, it is a sign of caring about this country very deeply, which is a good thing, no?

Vid: cob a clue, Democrat, Republican. :P

ahctlucabbuS
10-19-2004, 12:28 AM
One can wonder how many actually gets away with it :huh:

vidcc
10-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Vid: cob a clue, Democrat, Republican. :P
well duh...

i am asking about this story in comparison to what.

it make no mention of payment for "democrat"or "republican" registration and registration is not votes...you are registered...doesn't mean you will vote besides he was supposed to get real people not fill it in himself.

I would applaud bush if he did anything to get people to register...i would condem him if he paid them to vote...likewise with kerry.
I am confused with the wages paid to this "worker"

spinningfreemanny
10-19-2004, 03:47 AM
Here vid...
A business card provided by Pitts indicated that Jackson is the Assistant NVF Ohio Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund.

NAACP; a democratic group (can we agree on that?)

and the many dem claims on republican fraud...

Busyman
10-19-2004, 04:21 AM
HYere vid...

All NAACP members are not Democrats manny.

I know 4 NAACP Republicans. :dry:

But in any event I agree voter fraud can come from everywhere.

Rat Faced
10-19-2004, 09:01 AM
And should be stamped out everywhere.

3RA1N1AC
10-19-2004, 09:28 AM
All NAACP members are not Democrats manny.
wha? the NAACP isn't a creation of the Democratic Party?

what next? all NRA members aren't Republicans? :P

Busyman
10-19-2004, 12:42 PM
wha? the NAACP isn't a creation of the Democratic Party?

what next? all NRA members aren't Republicans? :P
Amazing huh? :o

Biggles
10-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Here vid...

:o Are there are a lot of Rep. frauds?

How difficult is it to maintain an electoral register and verify the voter on the day?

Indeed how difficult is it to count and X against a name. I find it incredible that such heavy weather is being made of something so simple. We still have paper ballots and a pencil to make a mark. The polls close at 10pm and the results are pretty much known by 3am. There are 60m in the UK, far more than in any individual US state. This is not rocket science.

Busyman
10-19-2004, 01:37 PM
:o Are there are a lot of Rep. frauds?

How difficult is it to maintain an electoral register and verify the voter on the day?

Indeed how difficult is it to count and X against a name. I find it incredible that such heavy weather is being made of something so simple. We still have paper ballots and a pencil to make a mark. The polls close at 10pm and the results are pretty much known by 3am. There are 60m in the UK, far more than in any individual US state. This is not rocket science.
...and yet we now have e-voting with no paper trail.

Use a computer for something that just needs a paper and pencil. :dry:

vidcc
10-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Here vid...

The man was given a specific job...to get people to register...it doesn't say to get people to register dem. or rep.....the man decided he couldn't be bothered and just filled them in himself. even if he had done his job properly and got 100 people and they all registered dem, that doesn't mean they will vote dem..
Personally i feel that the parties should be kept off the registration form. If one wants to take part in primaries they should register directly with the party.
I agree that fraud isn't unique to one side but i don't see the connection you are trying to make to the democratic party here.
All i see ( apart from the cocaine bit :unsure: ) is someone that was too lazy to do a job...... Along the lines of a newspaper delivery boy that dumps the papers in a ditch instead of delivering them

spinningfreemanny
10-19-2004, 05:28 PM
The man was given a specific job...to get people to register...it doesn't say to get people to register dem. or rep.....the man decided he couldn't be bothered and just filled them in himself. even if he had done his job properly and got 100 people and they all registered dem, that doesn't mean they will vote dem..
Personally i feel that the parties should be kept off the registration form. If one wants to take part in primaries they should register directly with the party.
I agree that fraud isn't unique to one side but i don't see the connection you are trying to make to the democratic party here.
All i see ( apart from the cocaine bit :unsure: ) is someone that was too lazy to do a job...... Along the lines of a newspaper delivery boy that dumps the papers in a ditch instead of delivering them

um...he was paid in Crack! :o

ElvisLover
10-19-2004, 05:34 PM

Saved him spending his wages on it though didn't it :unsure:

vidcc
10-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Well yes manny that's obvious...i was wondering what connection it has to vote fraud. Ok it's a drug, but would the story be less of a story if he was paid in gold or $ or even food stamps?
Being paid by whatever means isn't the story...it's voter fraud.

3RA1N1AC
10-20-2004, 05:14 AM

WELL, then maybe it's time to put on a Sherlock Holmes cap and go prove that the woman who hired this crackhead did so with the knowledge and approval of the NAACP official who had originally hired her, that both the woman and the crackhead were members of the NAACP and the Democratic Party, and that the NAACP guy had also instructed her to register fake voters AND to register them all as Democrats AND to pay the crackhead with C.R.A.C.K.

otherwise, the article isn't really proving your point about it happening on "both sides" in a Democrat/Republican sense. you COULD try to make a case for it happening on both sides in the racial sense, i guess, and say that one crackhead filling out 100 fake voter registrations is the flip-side to Florida's scrub list, or something along those lines. then again, the article does not explicitly state that any of those people involved were other-than-caucasian, either. :P

just saying... you managed to read an awful lot between the lines of that article, and jumped to a conclusion that everyone is not necessarily going to agree with.

but you do realize, right, that the NAACP is not responsible for the CONTENTS of each form that they collect? nor is any other voter registration drive. they are merely given the authority/responsibility to distribute blank forms, collect completed forms, and submit them to the government... regardless of the political affiliations of the registrants, or the truthfulness of the info being submitted. if the government is incapable of distinguishing between true and false registrations, then we should worry about a much bigger problem than what some crackhead is doing.

spinningfreemanny
10-20-2004, 09:53 PM
WELL, then maybe it's time to put on a Sherlock Holmes cap and go prove that the woman who hired this crackhead did so with the knowledge and approval of the NAACP official who had originally hired her, that both the woman and the crackhead were members of the NAACP and the Democratic Party, and that the NAACP guy had also instructed her to register fake voters AND to register them all as Democrats AND to pay the crackhead with C.R.A.C.K.

otherwise, the article isn't really proving your point about it happening on "both sides" in a Democrat/Republican sense. you COULD try to make a case for it happening on both sides in the racial sense, i guess, and say that one crackhead filling out 100 fake voter registrations is the flip-side to Florida's scrub list, or something along those lines. then again, the article does not explicitly state that any of those people involved were other-than-caucasian, either. :P

just saying... you managed to read an awful lot between the lines of that article, and jumped to a conclusion that everyone is not necessarily going to agree with.

but you do realize, right, that the NAACP is not responsible for the CONTENTS of each form that they collect? nor is any other voter registration drive. they are merely given the authority/responsibility to distribute blank forms, collect completed forms, and submit them to the government... regardless of the political affiliations of the registrants, or the truthfulness of the info being submitted. if the government is incapable of distinguishing between true and false registrations, then we should worry about a much bigger problem than what some crackhead is doing.

This is what I am trying to prove... Why then do people say that President Bush stole the 2000 election? if NAACP are not respnsible for this single voter fraud then how is a woman checking off felon's names the crux of the Bush Campaign?

vidcc
10-21-2004, 01:40 AM
This is what I am trying to prove... Why then do people say that President Bush stole the 2000 election? if NAACP are not respnsible for this single voter fraud then how is a woman checking off felon's names the crux of the Bush Campaign?
To annoy you

3RA1N1AC
10-21-2004, 06:06 AM
if there were an army of vote-fraud-committing crackheads and each crackhead managed to slip 100 fake registrations past whatever provisions there are to prevent such a thing, THEN manage to roll out of bed on election day and stay off of the crackpipe long enough to go vote 100 times each, and effectively throw the election... it might be worth comparing to the effect of someone removing people from the voter rolls because they've been mistaken for felons, someone destroying completed registrations or ballots, a machine miscounting the votes, or any of the other possible problems. but assuming that the government does its job and verifies the registrations before approving them, the vote-fraud crackheads and their Democratic NAACP puppet-masters have no unfair effect on the outcome of the election.

anyway, my point is: even if the fake registrations were to go through, no crackhead is going to go vote 100 times. he'd have enough trouble getting to the poll in time to vote ONCE. the guy just wanted the lady to pay him more by turning in more applications, or she gave him a quota to fill and he was too lazy to do it the honest way. the issue in Florida was conflict of interest... the accusation being that people placed in direct charge of legitimate registrations and ballots were very vocal Republican supporters and close & personals of the Bush family.

scroff
10-21-2004, 06:43 AM

Well, she was more than "a woman", she was Republican Kathrine Harris, Jeb Bush's Secretary of State. She was also the co-chair of Bush's election campaign in Florida. She was also the woman who ordered 57,000 names, about 90% of whom weren't felons, removed from the voter roles. She was also the woman who stopped the recount, at right about a 500 or so lead for Bush. BTW, Florida law requires a recount when the result is within 1% or so, I can't recall the exact number, which is why the Florida Supreme Court over-ruled her, which is why Bush took it to the Supreme Court of the US.

An interesting twist to this is all the revisionist versions of this I have seen over the last two years.

There. Is that annoying enough? If not I got more....