PDA

View Full Version : question about xbox modding and ftp...

reignking
11-01-2004, 08:42 PM
to get right to the point. i have a friend who is going to softmod my xbox using the well known tricks w/ 007 and action replay. after this i'm on my own.

i have a few questions that i've tried to google but all the answers i've gotten were far too advanced for a newb like me to understand )

for a while i'll be using the standard hardrive in the xbox as there are only two or three games i would like to transfer on it. i have downloaded the games from known sources and my question is how do i move the files from my computer to my xbox? the action replay comes with a usb cable, so can i simply connect my computer up to my xbox via a usb cable and drop and drag the files? or what's the process here...

secondly, once i have file tranfering figured out. i will eventually drop a 120+ gig harddrive in my xbox, again i'm assuming this is done with the ftp process. backing up bios files and moving them over to the new harddrive correct?

thanks...
rk

n18
11-01-2004, 09:18 PM
You need to add the xbox to your network ( your pc) so you can do this by connecting a crossover cat5 cable from your ethernet card to your xbox, its the simplest way. Then you use an FTP program to transfer the files. Theres a tutorial floating around somewhere on this board.

as for the hardrive...There are tools like Slayers that format the harddrive for you, so it works like a retail hd just with more space, i dont know alot about this so cant help...best option is asking in www.xbox-scene.com

silent h3ro
11-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Also, a great program for FTPing is Flash FTP.