PDA

View Full Version : Are you Glad Bush won?

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 04:49 PM
As requested.

I think its a sad day for the whole world, and will cause thousands more innocent deaths :(

http://www.anywhichway.net/images1/sam.jpg

l_p_4_7
11-03-2004, 04:53 PM
:no:

ilw
11-03-2004, 05:18 PM
kinda knew it was gonna happen, but i still can't believe he got the popular vote. If he hadn't been born with a silver spoon in his mouth and the same name as daddy he would have spent his life asking "paper or plastic", instead he's the most powerful man on the planet

DanB
11-03-2004, 05:47 PM
bad day

ruthie
11-03-2004, 05:55 PM
My heart is broken. I think they might as well erect a huge friggin crucifix on the white house, with humanity hanging on it. this is absolutely horrible, and if we didn't have family here, had money, I would want to leave the US. There is more damage to be done. Watch abortion rights go out the window, watch more discrimination against gays, watch more death, more war, more destruction of protected lands, more poverty, more uninsured people...watch and see what the Bush administration does to finish off their path of utter destruction of everything this country stood for. This country is bullshit, we have gone back in time, the moral fuckin majority bullshit..the right wing fanatical schmucks dictating how people shopuld live their lives. Watch and see how the Supreme court changes. Watch america self-destruct. I want a friggin ticket and a load of cash...outta the USA

Busyman
11-03-2004, 06:09 PM
I wonder how many "swing" states had Ralph Nader on the ballot?

newcster68
11-03-2004, 06:25 PM
As requested.

I think its a sad day for the whole world, and will cause thousands more innocent deaths :(

http://www.anywhichway.net/images1/sam.jpg

AGREED http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/newcster68/SMILIES/SleepySmilieAni.gif

ice_princess
11-03-2004, 06:41 PM
A bitter day for the USA but equally disastrous for the rest of the world.

I have never been so glad that I am European and live in a free country where civil rights and fair elections are taken for granted.

Reading Kitty Kelley's "The Family: The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty" turned my stomach and today's result was not surprising but it still hurts this liberal who thinks freedom is fundamental human right - even in the USA.

Busyman
11-03-2004, 06:41 PM
My heart is broken. I think they might as well erect a huge friggin crucifix on the white house, with humanity hanging on it. this is absolutely horrible, and if we didn't have family here, had money, I would want to leave the US. There is more damage to be done. Watch abortion rights go out the window, watch more discrimination against gays, watch more death, more war, more destruction of protected lands, more poverty, more uninsured people...watch and see what the Bush administration does to finish off their path of utter destruction of everything this country stood for. This country is bullshit, we have gone back in time, the moral fuckin majority bullshit..the right wing fanatical schmucks dictating how people shopuld live their lives. Watch and see how the Supreme court changes. Watch america self-destruct. I want a friggin ticket and a load of cash...outta the USA
Uhh ruthie...calm down.

You should be more afraid of why and how he won. :dry:

newcster68
11-03-2004, 06:44 PM
amazing to see how far one sided this poll is and then you wonder how he even got the popular votes..I have been on yahoo chat and omygawd ppl are so unhappy..

tesco
11-03-2004, 06:46 PM
amazing to see how far one sided this poll is and then you wonder how he even got the popular votes..I have been on yahoo chat and omygawd ppl are so unhappy..
Most Bush supporters are all computer illiterates. :shifty:

ice_princess
11-03-2004, 06:48 PM

Yes, really makes you wonder HOW he won...

DanB
11-03-2004, 06:50 PM
These people aren't either (http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_id=5483)

Warning - there are some strong comments

ruthie
11-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Uhh ruthie...calm down.

You should be more afraid of why and how he won. :dry:

Busyman..the shit is hitting the fan. I am fearful about the how and whys of this, and what it says about Americans. But, thanks

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 06:51 PM
1/ Coz the Lord speaks to him

2/ Coz y'all wanna git them thar tow'l heads..

3/ Beep... Bush or Spoilt... Beep

4/ Marketing

Technology and Fanatics... a wonderful combination for the extremes of any country... especially if the money is on the side of the extreme

sArA
11-03-2004, 06:52 PM
I always thought this might happen......the world is a more dangerous place now.... :(

DanB
11-03-2004, 06:58 PM
today was a great day for the usa and the world. the american people have chosen to continue to support the president. we will finish the job of bringing peace and stability to the arab world. we are prepared to accept casualties in our mission, and those who oppose us will be destroyed. simple as that.

People like this really don't help :dry:

vidcc
11-03-2004, 06:59 PM
I agree the world is a more dangerous place because of Bush

SpatulaGeekGirl
11-03-2004, 07:03 PM
The outcome has little or no impact on me or my country. The UK is extremely unlikely to support any more mad wars and the US deficit is not necessarily a bad thing for Europe. I think some European countries were hedging their bets somewhat and I see Hungary is calling it a day on the Iraqi coalition. I rather suspect the French, Russians and Germans have mixed feelings - a Kerry win would have meant their troops and money going into Iraq, a Bush win means they can put they cheque books away.

One area, the environment, is a worry - but Kerry was not especially strong on this either.

However, it seems to me that the result is going to cause deep divisions in the US (although either side winning was probably going to do this). This is not a good thing. Bush now has two roads in front of him - the Neo-Conservative isolationist one or a more conciliatory soft Conservative one. The selection of his new Administration will demonstrate the road he has taken early enough for all to be able to batton down the hatches.

One word of comfort - 4 years soon passes and there is little a politician can do that cannot be undone. Hillary must also have mixed emotions I suspect. :)

However, commiserations to those who are closer to this event and are feeling the chill wind of a divided nation.

spinningfreemanny
11-03-2004, 07:06 PM
The outcome has little or no impact on me or my country. The UK is extremely unlikely to support any more mad wars and the US deficit is not necessarily a bad thing for Europe. I think some European countries were hedging their bets somewhat and I see Hungary is calling it a day on the Iraqi coalition. I rather suspect the French, Russians and Germans have mixed feelings - a Kerry win would have meant their troops and money going into Iraq, a Bush win means they can put they cheque books away.

One area, the environment, is a worry - but Kerry was not especially strong on this either.

However, it seems to me that the result is going to cause deep divisions in the US (although either side winning was probably going to do this). This is not a good thing. Bush now has two roads in front of him - the Neo-Conservative isolationist one or a more conciliatory soft Conservative one. The selection of his new Administration will demonstrate the road he has taken early enough for all to be able to batton down the hatches.

One word of comfort - 4 years soon passes and there is little a politician can do that cannot be undone. Hillary must also have mixed emotions I suspect. :)

However, commiserations to those who are closer to this event and are feeling the chill wind of a divided nation.

1 thing....

one, France and Germany had no intention of cracking out any checkbooks no matter who won...

Rick Phlegm
11-03-2004, 07:07 PM
It's time for another civil war methinks :01:

Biggles
11-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Rats! Posted with SGG's account again. She never logs out.

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Biggles
11-03-2004, 07:12 PM
1 thing....

one, France and Germany had no intention of cracking out any checkbooks no matter who won...

:lol: Now we will never know!

vidcc
11-03-2004, 07:15 PM
1 thing....

you are making assumptions about countries you have little knowledge of, based on preconceptions.

spinningfreemanny
11-03-2004, 07:18 PM
you are making assumptions about countries you have little knowledge of, based on preconceptions.

No, they explicitly stated such...

k, done....now.

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 07:29 PM
No, they explicitly stated such...

k, done....now.

Gernany stated it depended upon who won as to whether they'd consider it..

France has made no such comments, but will not help the USA while Bush is in power in anything..

vidcc
11-03-2004, 07:43 PM
Rat posted before me...Manny you have no idea about other countries and how they work....because you have not experienced them.

DanB
11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Bush is doing a speech on ch4 now UK people

Biggles
11-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the warning - :lol:

In the future do you think it will be possible to put certain public figures on "ignore" for all media outlets?

Expire
11-03-2004, 08:25 PM
I just dont get it, no offence to u bush fans, but y? u can just c in his eyes that his ambistion is just damaging this word and hes really dragging my country down which is England.

bigboab
11-03-2004, 08:30 PM
I just dont get it, no offence to u bush fans, but y? u can just c in his eyes that his ambistion is just damaging this word and hes really dragging my country down which is England.
I disagree with you Expire. Bush would go it alone. It is Blair you should be blaming for pulling the UK down with him.

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 08:32 PM
And "Engerland", is only part of the country...

Ask any of the Black Watch for example :dry:

Expire
11-03-2004, 08:35 PM
I disagree with you Expire. Bush would go it alone. It is Blair you should be blaming for pulling the UK down with him.

Well u have a point...but Bush has influenced him, we would of never gone over there if it wasent for him. when a place like america goes to war it puts alot of presure on other countries, look at the shit France when through and we have more ties with the usa.

But yeah it is blairs fualt just as much.

j2k4
11-03-2004, 09:00 PM
As one of the "computor illiterates" I must point out that most of us are too busy to waste time pissing and moaning about such things on the internet.

Far too few of you have even the slightest idea of what Bush's re-election signifies or the inclination/ability to examine it objectively.

More's the pity I haven't the time to properly explain.

It's not so much that Bush was so capable, but that Kerry was not; the liberal Democrat hierarchy has not a clue about how to regain power in the U.S., and those of you who put stock in the future of the Democrat Party as currently constituted are wasting your time.

BTW-any of you who are banking on Hillary in '08 are whistling in the dark; she's already irrelevant.

scroff
11-03-2004, 09:20 PM
As one of the "computor illiterates" I must point out that most of us are too busy to waste time pissing and moaning about such things on the internet.

Far too few of you have even the slightest idea of what Bush's re-election signifies or the inclination/ability to examine it objectively.

More's the pity I haven't the time to properly explain.

It's not so much that Bush was so capable, but that Kerry was not; the liberal Democrat hierarchy has not a clue about how to regain power in the U.S., and those of you who put stock in the future of the Democrat Party as currently constituted are wasting your time.

BTW-any of you who are banking on Hillary in '08 are whistling in the dark; she's already irrelevant.Well, that's real unifying... I can feel the love.:ermm:

vidcc
11-03-2004, 09:22 PM
J2 i guess you felt the same way about the republican party when they failed to unseat clinton

Biggles
11-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Well, that's real unifying... I can feel the love.:ermm:

:lol:

I would not bank on too much love. There will be some serious gloating afoot if tribal politics runs true to form in the US as it does elsewhere.

If there is any talk of unification it will be purely for form rather any expression of intent.

j2k4
11-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Well, that's real unifying... I can feel the love.:ermm:

Unity and love are where you find them, scroff.

Neither of these have a place in politics, and Hillary has no acquaintance with them, either.

I suggest you join a commune. ;)

Joakim Agren
11-03-2004, 09:32 PM
AGREED http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/newcster68/SMILIES/SleepySmilieAni.gif
Hello!

Where did you find that cool smiley??

I see that rossco_2004 is also using a cool smiley of this type as his avatar so where did guys you find it??.

I have seen them here:

http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZNxdm796

But they appear to be for instant messaging and e-mail only and I dont know if they are animated and requires installation of a toolbar so I wont get those ones!.

Regarding Bush I am not supprised he won. Americans have been scared by him and considering that the US population is is the least educated people in the world regarding Geografy,History and hardly gets any international news in their news broadcasts they know almost nothing about the world and the destruction Bush have caused and will continue to do so. The americans voted with safety and comfort in mind but dont realise that actually the US would have been much safer with Kerry since the US would then become less hated due to a change in international policy!. So the americans have been greatly mislead and we should not forgett the Fox effect that is the most watched news channel in the US and it spreads republican propaganda and I think that has also influcenced the outcome!.

scroff
11-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Unity and love are where you find them, scroff.

Neither of these have a place in politics, and Hillary has no acquaintance with them, either.

I suggest you join a commune. ;)Perhaps I will, J2, perhaps I will... in Sweden.

I suggest you inform Bush that unity and love have no place in politics before he continues on his present course of trying to "unify" the country...

j2k4
J2 i guess you felt the same way about the republican party when they failed to unseat clinton

For that unfortunate circumstance we have none other than H.Ross Perot to thank; were it not for him, Clinton would have been sent packing first time around, and we'd have been working on a nice unbroken 28-year stretch of Republican leadership.

Hmmm.

I've done quite a few posts by now, and have yet to say I told you so.

Aren't I magnanimous? :)

spinningfreemanny
:lol:

I would not bank on too much love. There will be some serious gloating afoot if tribal politics runs true to form in the US as it does elsewhere.

If there is any talk of unification it will be purely for form rather any expression of intent.

Quite oppositely, did you notice that Senator Kerry or Edwards did not give a passing awknowledgement to the President, but Bush went out of his way to congraduate and affirm his opponent and his voting bloc?

No; I honestly feel that any sort of gloating at such time would be inappropriate for many here, and the bringing up of such things such as President Bush recieving the most popular votes in history would be counterproductive.

Armor donned.

scroff
11-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Bush went out of his way to congraduate and affirm his opponent and his voting bloc?

That would be called kissing the oppositions ass

Biggles
11-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Quite oppositely, did you notice that Senator Kerry or Edwards did not give a passing awknowledgement to the President, but Bush went out of his way to congraduate and affirm his opponent and his voting bloc?

No; I honestly feel that any sort of gloating at such time would be inappropriate for many here, and the bringing up of such things such as President Bush recieving the most popular votes in history would be counterproductive.

Armor donned.

Well no - I have been at work all day and not seen the news yet. However, would what you say not verify what I said - form over intent?

Smith
11-03-2004, 09:55 PM
its because bush rocked the hillbilly states like texas and alabama

EDIT: oh and hell no

h121589
11-03-2004, 10:05 PM
opps i accidently voted I Dont Care but meant yes im glad that bush won

j2k4
11-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Perhaps I will, J2, perhaps I will... in Sweden.

I suggest you inform Bush that unity and love have no place in politics before he continues on his present course of trying to "unify" the country...

Bush is just trying to make nice.

The liberal divisiveness will continue, and those susceptable to such tactics will remain beyond reach.

I really couldn't care less; if someone rejects my ideals, I owe him/her nothing other than the fruits of democracy, which are there for the taking.

All others can go to Sweden if they prefer, but be prepared to deal with their border control; they can't support everyone, you know. :D

ZaZu
11-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Are you Glad Bush won?
No...

Biggles
11-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Bush is just trying to make nice.

This is a disturbing image! :ohmy:

Formula1
11-03-2004, 10:54 PM
No, I'm not glad Bush won.

Busyman
11-03-2004, 11:04 PM

It signifies

that most sided with him on the gay issue

they think we are going in the right direction regarding Iraq

and most importantly, MCVIV.

Wolfmight
11-03-2004, 11:34 PM
THAT BASTARD!! ARRRGG soo much rage!! I swear it's gonna be another assassination! When people are angry.. bad things happen. He better be hideing behind his sexually pleasureing guards to him or else he's gonna be slammed with tons of rotten veggies and trash. Plus Michael Moore might drive by and yell on a loud speaker," Here's your oil bush shit!" ... splash all over him!!

That director soo awesome.

Everyone and myself know Bush cheated.. Who would vote for someone with a full disadvantage over debate, over the country, and over terrorism...whilst Kerry had things ready to be repaired. WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND!! This country is not to blame, IT"S ALL A BUNCH OF BULL UCKIN BUSH SHIT.

Rat Faced
11-03-2004, 11:44 PM
THAT BASTARD!! ARRRGG soo much rage!! I swear it's gonna be another assassination! When people are angry.. bad things happen. He better be hideing behind his sexually pleasureing guards to him or else he's gonna be slammed with tons of rotten veggies and trash. Plus Michael Moore might drive by and yell on a loud speaker," Here's your oil bush shit!" ... splash all over him!!

That director soo awesome.

Everyone and myself know Bush cheated.. Who would vote for someone with a full disadvantage over debate, over the country, and over terrorism...whilst Kerry had things ready to be repaired. WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND!! This country is not to blame, IT"S ALL A BUNCH OF BULL UCKIN BUSH SHIT.

Is that a yes or a no...

Stop sitting on the fence :angry:

vidcc
11-04-2004, 12:05 AM
For that unfortunate circumstance we have none other than H.Ross Perot to thank; were it not for him, Clinton would have been sent packing first time around, and we'd have been working on a nice unbroken 28-year stretch of Republican leadership.

Hmmm.

I've done quite a few posts by now, and have yet to say I told you so.

Aren't I magnanimous? :)
told me what?
just means in my mind you voted for a social, economic and diplomatic moron.:lol: .
clinton won fair and square..decisively....no republican would have unseated him and if he was allowed to run a third time bush wouldn't have become president.

yet you still raise it.:whistling

more people voted in this election and he got roughly half of the votes counted of the people that actually voted... to say Bush recieving the most popular votes in history is just spinning numbers. if he had won by a greater percentage then i would concede that point.

Busyman
11-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Haven't read the thread yet, but I will. Just wanted to post before being influenced by any of the prior discussion.

As I understand it there was a record turn out (tho' I don't know in what way). As I understand it the President not only won the necessary number of states, but he also has some sort of record margin of actual votes cast. Highest winning votes since 1988 or something. As I understand it The Republican Party now has the President, The Majority in The Senate and the Majority in Congress. Forgive me if any of the terminology is wrong.

People, whatever we on the interweb may think, the people of the USA have spoken loudly with regard to who they want to govern them. You have given Mr Bush the mandate he craved, he is more powerful than ever he can now do whatever he wants.

It would appear that he and his party were a tad more popular than some people may have thought.

MCVIV

spinningfreemanny
11-04-2004, 12:32 AM
MCVIV

I'll decode....

Bush cheated because there is no possible way that America actually voted for him.

Storm
11-04-2004, 12:40 AM
i still say the whole election system is fucked up over there.......

in most states it doesnt matter what you vote, so people dont even bother voting....... i bet the outcome would be totally different if the US had a proper election system

vidcc
11-04-2004, 12:41 AM
still waiting for you to tell us you've enlisted in the army manny....or are you all talk?

cpt_azad
11-04-2004, 12:43 AM
A very sad day for humanity, there is absolutely NO excuse for what the American Public has done. So when reprecutions come around, I'm not gonna blame Bush, I'm going to blame the American People (those that voted for Bush, not those that didn't). Sad day indeed :(

Busyman
11-04-2004, 12:52 AM
I'll decode....
Very good. ;)

Cheese
11-04-2004, 01:07 AM
What's MCVIV.

Cheese
11-04-2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks.

Actually I got it wrong. My Roman numeral convertor is a bit crappy.

Edit: Actually I have no clue whether I'm right or wrong now...

What a waste of a good joke.. :no:

Rick Phlegm
11-04-2004, 01:28 AM
What's MCVIV.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=904747&postcount=41

atiVidia
11-04-2004, 01:32 AM
god bless america, where the free and brave kill the enslaved innocent souls of other countries.

FFS, STOP BOMBING WEDDING PARTIES!!!

uNz[i]
11-04-2004, 01:33 AM
A belated thanks to RF for creating the poll. :01:

Am I glad shrubya won? :no:

What's MCVIV.
Busyman was kind enough to decode it for me last night in another thread.
MCVIV = More Computer Voting Insured Victory

BigBank_Hank
11-04-2004, 01:43 AM
What a great day to be a Republican :)

I know how hard this must be for you all to accept that more that 3.5 million people think like myself, J2, and Manny that you all.

I’m off to smoke my victory cigar :smoke:

4 more years of W :01:

atiVidia
11-04-2004, 01:46 AM
BB_H, lets all call you a f_cking d_uche :)

atiVidia
11-04-2004, 02:08 AM
']Busyman was kind enough to decode it for me last night in another thread.
MCVIV = More Computer Voting Insured Victory
wow i almost swore that it said "1109"

Busyman
11-04-2004, 02:14 AM
What a great day to be a Republican :)

I know how hard this must be for you all to accept that more that 3.5 million people think like myself, J2, and Manny that you all.

I’m off to smoke my victory cigar :smoke:

4 more years of W :01:

How do you think?

You have never told us. :huh:

I know j2's views pretty much...I actually share some of them. What about you?

It's not hard to accept btw. You follow the Bible I take it? There will be many that accept what is right in front of them as good moral values while being bent over. :devil:

I am not surprised. I had 1 logical conclusion each for his win and his loss. The win margin was excellent. It was close but not close enough "to make a (court)case about it".

Very good. ;)

j2k4
11-04-2004, 02:42 AM
vid: "I told you so"= Bush would win; surely you haven't forgotten-but really, it was no great feat to foretell, and I think I said that, too.

My colleague Mr. Fugley has managed to quite easily point out that which most of you ignore:

The American people have spoken, loudly and plainly, and it is indisputable that most people who chose to vote (and by default must likewise be considered to be more engaged than those who did not, and therefore also more politically astute, which in turn indicates the majority who voted hold the prevailing attitudes of the country at large) are not of a liberal persuasion.

It is most definitely true that, if those currently apathetic to the voting process were similarly engaged as to the relevant issues, the majority would hold up throughout.

As an example of the liberal disconnect, consider the fact of the gay-marriage referendums having gone down in utter flames on every slate they were contested...

The prevailing liberal school of thought is (and this is indisputable) that conservatives turned down the referendums because of an inherent hatred/homophobia, when the simple truth is that they wish to preserve marriage as it has existed until now.

This is supported at a glance by the circumstance of a skew in the numbers of votes cast in the Presidential races in the same states where the referenda were on the ballot. i.e., misguidedly assuming a uniformity of beliefs, precisely how is it that in a state that ultimately went for Kerry pretty handily (Oregon) the vote on the gay marriage amendment went down big: 56%-44%?

I daresay (easy on the "dare") no such percentage exists on this board, so at least take the lesson that has been demonstrated so clearly:

The people on this board, including the American contingent, are outside the mainstream of American thought.

I'll bet most of you are utterly shocked at this news, huh? :)

Nonetheless-there you have it; the Americans actually are just as barbarous, uncouth, and worst of all, unenlightened as you've suspected.

BigBank_Hank
11-04-2004, 02:46 AM
B if you haven’t figured out where I stand on things by now then you never will.

I’m not going to fight with you over this.

All we’ve been doing for the past 6 or 9 months is going at each other and its time for a break. Truce?

j2k4
11-04-2004, 02:48 AM
BB_H, lets all call you a f_cking d_uche :)

By golly, Hank, I think this fellow has denigrated you with a not-so-subtle French reference. :huh:

Utterly crass....

bujub22
11-04-2004, 02:48 AM
@scroff that is so truehttp://www.anywhichway.net/

vidcc
11-04-2004, 03:04 AM
The American people have spoken, loudly and plainly, and it is indisputable that most people who chose to vote (and by default must likewise be considered to be more engaged than those who did not, and therefore also more politically astute, which in turn indicates the majority who voted hold the prevailing attitudes of the country at large) are not of a liberal persuasion.

It is most definitely true that, if those currently apathetic to the voting process were similarly engaged as to the relevant issues, the majority would hold up throughout.

well the % of people that voted wasn't 100%...and by the standards set to judge kerry on his track record no vote means they oppose...besides how would you know what a non voter thinks...could just be apathy could be disgust at the choices given.

however bush got only 51%...a narrow majority.... hardly an endorsement from all americans....and don't try to tell me you wouldn't be saying the same if kerry won by the same amount.

as to not being of liberal persuasion...how come clinton won 2 terms. If what you say is true do you state that a democrat will never again be president?
as to the gay issue it's just another act of intollerance based on this fictional person called god and it's shameful..... the more intollerance i see because of religion the stronger my athiest convictions become....
If Bush was an athiest and just ran on his policies he wouldn't have been elected...

ruthie
11-04-2004, 03:13 AM
well the % of people that voted wasn't 100%...and by the standards set to judge kerry on his track record no vote means they oppose...besides how would you know what a non voter thinks...could just be apathy could be disgust at the choices given.

however bush got only 51%...a narrow majority.... hardly an endorsement from all americans....and don't try to tell me you wouldn't be saying the same if kerry won by the same amount.

as to not being of liberal persuasion...how come clinton won 2 terms. If what you say is true do you state that a democrat will never again be president?
as to the gay issue it's just another act of intollerance based on this fictional person called god and it's shameful..... the more intollerance i see because of religion the stronger my athiest convictions become....
If Bush was an athiest and just ran on his policies he wouldn't have been elected...

I agree with you, vidcc..the intolerance of the right is simply amazing.
Also, 51% hardly makes for a mandate...that's the work of a vivid imagination.

j2k4
11-04-2004, 03:42 AM
Please find my reply in blue:

Put it however you like, vid-if it were possible to make non-voters vote, they would vote a statistical tie, which would not change the outcome.

It's really just that simple.

I'll do better than try, vid, I'll state it flatly:

Had the result been reversed, you'd have heard no carping from me; I live in the real world, where sympathy of the type you seek can be found in the dictionary, right between shit and syphilis.

I don't see a liberal of the ilk we've seen lately ever getting elected, vid.

I did not say no Democrat would win.

Show me the right Democrat, and I'll vote for him.

BTW-Hillary is toast, as is Edwards.

For good.

Just as I said-you make the mistake of attributing what has happened to your misperception of a hatred of gays; you can't even see how blind you are.

When I tell you it has nothing to do with any religious beliefs I might hold, you can take my word for it; you really don't have a choice, anyway.

Quite right-that would have made him just like Kerry, you see? :)

3RA1N1AC
11-04-2004, 04:34 AM
the simple truth is that they wish to preserve marriage as it has existed until now.
what? homosexual marriage is a threat to heterosexual marriage? or to heterosexuals' monopoly on marriages-of-convenience, perhaps? if preserving marriage is a concern, though, i'd suggest pickling it.

scroff
11-04-2004, 05:06 AM
what? homosexual marriage is a threat to heterosexual marriage? or to heterosexuals' monopoly on marriages-of-convenience, perhaps? if preserving marriage is a concern, though, i'd suggest pickling it.
:cool:

Heterosexual marriage is a threat to heterosexual marriage, Britney Spears is a threat to heterosexual marriage, Fox is a threat to heterosexual marriage (Anybody wanna marry a millionaire... or a midget?)

Two people enough in love to risk public scorn and ridicule to get married aren't a threat.

scroff
11-04-2004, 05:07 AM
@scroff that is so truehttp://www.anywhichway.net/
Thank you :1eye:

Rip The Jacker
11-04-2004, 05:18 AM
I voted No.

Oh well, four more years. Which country will we invade next? Place your bets ladies and gentlemen.

Busyman
11-04-2004, 05:21 AM
vid: "I told you so"= Bush would win; surely you haven't forgotten-but really, it was no great feat to foretell, and I think I said that, too.

My colleague Mr. Fugley has managed to quite easily point out that which most of you ignore:

As an example of the liberal disconnect, consider the fact of the gay-marriage referendums having gone down in utter flames on every slate they were contested...

The prevailing liberal school of thought is (and this is indisputable) that conservatives turned down the referendums because of an inherent hatred/homophobia, when the simple truth is that they wish to preserve marriage as it has existed until now.

This is supported at a glance by the circumstance of a skew in the numbers of votes cast in the Presidential races in the same states where the referenda were on the ballot. i.e., misguidedly assuming a uniformity of beliefs, precisely how is it that in a state that ultimately went for Kerry pretty handily (Oregon) the vote on the gay marriage amendment went down big: 56%-44%?

I daresay (easy on the "dare") no such percentage exists on this board, so at least take the lesson that has been demonstrated so clearly:

The people on this board, including the American contingent, are outside the mainstream of American thought.

I'll bet most of you are utterly shocked at this news, huh? :)

Nonetheless-there you have it; the Americans actually are just as barbarous, uncouth, and worst of all, unenlightened as you've suspected.
I have no idea why the gay marriage referendum was even brought up. I think most people don't want to see gay marriages. I was not surprised.

Saying I told you so regarding a Bush win is of no consequence. It's like me picking the number 4 horse to win...and uh...he does...by a nose. :dry:
You are not some enlightened person with this shocking revelation.

Regarding who voted for Bush, those folk are no more enlightened than Kerry voters. It does demonstrate a idiocy, I think, that will only permeate in the future......

Clinton lied to Congress under oath about a dick suck but hey Bush fucked more than that but now now.....he caused less damage to Presidential office. :blink: Ass-backwards my man. ;)

Idiocy....

Iraq has WMDs...LET'S GO TO WAR. :angry:

well no WMDs, but hey Repub friends, Saddam was in league with Al Qaeda, well uh.....WE GOT TO LIBERATE IRAQ!!! That's what we came here for stupid. :wacko:

If you bought that, you are an idiot. PERIOD. POINT BLANK.

If you take war lightly you are an idiot.

If you discount the lives of our soldiers for this bullshit, you are a fuck.

I can rattle off much more but I gotta see the end of the Laker game.

Rip The Jacker
11-04-2004, 05:27 AM
At least the children, our future, knew who to pick.

http://www.nick.com/all_nick/specials/kidsPickThePresident/results.jhtml

scroff
11-04-2004, 05:33 AM
At least the children, our future, knew who to pick.

http://www.nick.com/all_nick/specials/kidsPickThePresident/results.jhtml
Don't worry... No Child Left will take care of that! :cool:

spinningfreemanny
11-04-2004, 05:52 AM
He actually stood for many things you champion. For example government not interfering between you and your doctor..... yet you want to interfere with patient doctor choice by banning abortion and stem cell research.

are you enlisting this week to ease the burdon on those serving in Iraq? please do so, you can finish your studies after you have served.... moral support isn't enough.. i urge you to put your body where your principles are.
I call on Bush to bring back the draft...after all it will be popular seeing as america thinks he's "right"
just so you know manny i will no longer accept your beliefs in Bush's "fight to free" untill you join up... unless you just think that the "cause" is something others should fight for.
Several people on this board have stated they have served openly, some have served but not mentioned it.... i am telling you now... cheerleaders don't get the respect of the players.... unless the players want to f**k them in the backs of their cars.

Please don't think this is rage or "emotions" speaking, i am calm.... you are hearing what i believe.

I aknowledge (even if you don't) that you are on edge and are in need of a debate; and since you have come to me with such an asinine proposition, which pretty much came from nowhere; I will indulge you in such talk.

Tell me; did you think that the first Gulf War was valid? did you think that Invasion of Afghanistan was valid? did you serve in such military actions?

your call for people who support the war to join, is, to be put plainly; stupid. Wait, are you saying that all people who support the war should join, or just me?

Ok, to the point. I am not willing to abandon my responsibilities here to serve in Iraq and I have tremendous respect for those who would; if any. Why do you think people join the military? They do it for themselves and for their family. All they expect is to be able to serve honorably. I cannot leave. That said; Thank God that there are people who can serve and serve voluntarily, I am fully aware that they fight in my an your place, and such a sacrifice for us is warming.

As you know though; I have no qualms serving in the military after college in a position benefiting to my occupation. Your arguement is a side road to disvaluing my opinion, due to such literal minds unable to grasp such enthreal things as "freedom". Sad, because it's what the ideal society is based on.

A draft would bring those who do not want and will not do the job needed. Such a call for American deaths that is not necessary isn't warrented, I do not think that draft proponents understand this.

cpt_azad
11-04-2004, 05:55 AM
hey manny, your sig made me laugh, can't believe i didn't see it before. you're absolutely right about the gun part, but come on, abortion clinics? are we really living that far back in the past?

spinningfreemanny
11-04-2004, 06:06 AM
hey manny, your sig made me laugh, can't believe i didn't see it before. you're absolutely right about the gun part, but come on, abortion clinics? are we really living that far back in the past?

There is a feeling that it will soon be a major topic in the future(with the Supreme Court soon to be open for appointments), as well as being a substantial topic now. It helps that the case it's based off of is extremely weak with no inferences to past rulings.

ruthie
11-04-2004, 06:43 AM
your call for people who support the war to join, is, to be put plainly; stupid. Wait, are you saying that all people who support the war should join, or just me?

don't think he means just you, manny.

Ok, to the point. I am not willing to abandon my responsibilities here to serve in Iraq and I have tremendous respect for those who would; if any. Why do you think people join the military? They do it for themselves and for their family. All they expect is to be able to serve honorably. I cannot leave. That said; Thank God that there are people who can serve and serve voluntarily, I am fully aware that they fight in my an your place, and such a sacrifice for us is warming.

That's nice you aren't "willing" to abandon your responsibilities, unlike those serving who have been forced to..you know..stop-loss? They aren't fighting in my place. They are fighting in your place..you support this bullshit war..I do not, and never have. A sacrifice for us is warming? WTF. Do you feel warm and fuzzy? They have been sacrificed by the Bush administration.

As you know though; I have no qualms serving in the military after college in a position benefiting to my occupation. Your arguement is a side road to disvaluing my opinion, due to such literal minds unable to grasp such enthreal things as "freedom". Sad, because it's what the ideal society is based on.

A draft would bring those who do not want and will not do the job needed. Such a call for American deaths that is not necessary isn't warrented, I do not think that draft proponents understand this.

A position benefitting to your occupation? Glad you think you'll be able to pick and choose. Freedom is an ethereal thought? You think that some people can't "grasp" the concept? GROK .. ROFL. The draft...I repeat...there is a back-door draft going on. Wake up and smell the coffee. There should be no deaths in Iraq now, period...not Americans, not Iraqi, and not coalition (i use the term loosely).

thewizeard
11-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Yes I am glad he won; he can now go and clean up the mess he has made....himself.

S!X
11-04-2004, 06:56 AM
:no:

spinningfreemanny
11-04-2004, 07:18 AM
don't think he means just you, manny.

That's nice you aren't "willing" to abandon your responsibilities, unlike those serving who have been forced to..you know..stop-loss? They aren't fighting in my place. They are fighting in your place..you support this bullshit war..I do not, and never have. A sacrifice for us is warming? WTF. Do you feel warm and fuzzy? They have been sacrificed by the Bush administration.

A position benefitting to your occupation? Glad you think you'll be able to pick and choose. Freedom is an ethereal thought? You think that some people can't "grasp" the concept? GROK .. ROFL. The draft...I repeat...there is a back-door draft going on. Wake up and smell the coffee. There should be no deaths in Iraq now, period...not Americans, not Iraqi, and not coalition (i use the term loosely).

The post wasn't even directed at you so I won't reply. All I hear from you nowadays is constaint lib teleprompt, I honestly don't give it much thought. Express yourself in an intelligent manner and maybe I will start caring.

ruthie
11-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Must be triggered if you bothered to respond, Manny. ROFLMAO

scroff
11-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Ok, to the point. I am not willing to abandon my responsibilities here to serve in Iraq and I have tremendous respect for those who would; if any. Why do you think people join the military? They do it for themselves and for their family. All they expect is to be able to serve honorably. I cannot leave. That said; Thank God that there are people who can serve and serve voluntarily, I am fully aware that they fight in my an your place, and such a sacrifice for us is warming. "Warming". How very sweet. So you're a chickenhawk.... http://www.anywhichway.net/images/smiles/chickensean.jpg

This is why I support a draft. Nothing pisses me off more than people of age who sit back all safe and warm "supporting the troops" while guys their age are coming home in pieces. Want to support the troops? Suit up and go over there. There's nothing lower than a chickenhawk.

Why do you think people join the military? They do it for themselves and for their family.Damn! All these years I thought I joined because, as an "American" I should serve my country, because it was my duty, because I felt that if some other punk my age was risking getting himself dismembered why shouldn't I, because I didn't feel I was any different or special.... How stupid I was!

What makes these young chickenhawks so much better than these guys (http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/) that they get to sit this one out?

scroff
11-04-2004, 08:22 AM

Only 51% of them....

Cheese
11-04-2004, 09:18 AM
History will tell if the American people have made the right choice. It's a point of fact that the majority of a country can vote for the wrong person with dire results.

Hopefully Bush will surprise us all and bring about World peace, sign the Kyoto agreement and give free pretzels to the starving millions of Africa.

Illuminati
11-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Hopefully Bush will surprise us all and bring about World peace, sign the Kyoto agreement and give free pretzels to the starving millions of Africa.

...and then, maybe all of the Middle East will proclaim him the new Allah, Big Brother may once again be entertaining, racism and political correctness may be thrown out the window and maybe after all that I'll win the lottery :rolleyes:

The only comfort I have is that he's only in for four years max now - That is, unless someone assassinates him or he ends up blowing the world up.

Rat Faced
11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Only 51% of them....

Only 51% of those that voted...

Thats not 51% of Americans...

Busyman
11-04-2004, 02:00 PM
B if you haven’t figured out where I stand on things by now then you never will.

I’m not going to fight with you over this.

All we’ve been doing for the past 6 or 9 months is going at each other and its time for a break. Truce?
All I know is that you follow Bush.

Besides that it seems you are a surface thinker.

vidcc
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Your arguement is a side road to disvaluing my opinion, due to such literal minds unable to grasp such enthreal things as "freedom". Sad, because it's what the ideal society is based on.

. I grasp the idea of freedom....but if you want freedom and you are convinced that others should be forced to accept your personal idea of freedom and you have actual convictions then why use "inconvenience" as an excuse... perhaps you don't feel as strongly after all.

http://www.sbceo.k12.ca.us/~vms/carlton/crusade.jpg

A draft would bring those who do not want and will not do the job needed. Such a call for American deaths that is not necessary isn't warrented, I do not think that draft proponents understand this A draft...one that doesn't allow exceptions...a fair draft... would bring a gut check to those that so vocally praise war from the sidelines... a draft would force accountability upon the president, because his supporters would have something to lose.

scroff
11-04-2004, 05:10 PM
A draft...one that doesn't allow exceptions...a fair draft... would bring a gut check to those that so vocally praise war from the sidelines... a draft would force accountability upon the president, because his supporters would have something to lose.
Exactly

Send the Bush twins to Iraq
See how fast our troops come back

jetje
11-04-2004, 05:13 PM
The ones who can't be arsed voting get what the ones who do vote want. They have absolutely no right to complain, as they chose to disassociate themselves from the procedure which is there to decide who leads them.

Is seems that the Bushians tried everything to stop people to vote, by telling them lies.
A few examples i heared; in a some suburb they spread flyers telling that on the 2nd it was replubican's voting day the 3rd would be voting day for the democrats. Republicans that posted to check if people were allowed to vote (just scare tactics imo). And lots of these complaints... Call it what you want but for sure i wont call that "Land of the free". Anyway, a lot of people, not the smartest i agree, didn't vote because they just wouldn't..... :ohmy: ;)

vidcc
11-04-2004, 05:53 PM
i appreciate that some people decide not to vote because they don't care...those people tend to not complain anyway. Some people want to vote but are not allowed, the reasons for this vary by state.
Then we have people that don't vote because they don't wish to vote for any candidate as they feel they don't represent their views. these people do complain but they would complain whoever got in.
I wish everyone would vote, but i deeply believe they have the right not to vote as part of being free.... how many times have you seen the option on the ballot..."none of the above"?

Rat Faced
11-04-2004, 05:55 PM
Only in a movie..

A comedy that hit the nail on the head ;)

Cheese
11-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Only in a movie..

Brewster's Millions?

Rat Faced
11-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Yes indeedy

vidcc
11-04-2004, 06:01 PM
yes it was in that movie although i wasn't drawing reference to it.

many people that have paper ballots decide to "spoil" their paper as a protest....something we are not able to do with touch screens

vidcc
11-04-2004, 06:23 PM
i agree with the lazy people not having reason to complain. all i was doing is pointing out that some people have genuine accetable reasons for not voting

ruthie
11-04-2004, 06:30 PM
including felons who did their time, and in many states regain their right to vote...but are denied, purged from the roles, etc.

vidcc
11-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Do you know the percentage of citizens who are denied the vote. I would suspect it is not that high, compared to the number who just don't bother. I have no way of supporting this contention, it is just a feeling.percentages don't matter. I already agreed with you about the lazy ones, what more do you want?
Again i point out that there are a significant amount of people that didn't vote for a personal reason or are excluded. We are talking hundreds of thousands, but then as a percentage of the US population probably not many.
But don't go condemming Americans for electing Bush.... 49% of us that did vote didn't elect him and that's about half of us that think he shouldn't be president

spinningfreemanny
11-04-2004, 10:43 PM
How about the fact that its the first time a majority (of voters) has elected a president in about 16 years?

will post more later...

j2k4
11-04-2004, 10:58 PM

A fine idea rendered moot by the liberal monopoly on salt. :D

Seriously-

If you feel that heterosexuals are being overly protective and proprietary of the term, why do you suppose the gays are fighting so hard to appropriate it?

Please explain.

RPerry
11-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Only in a movie..

There was one state I saw that actually had " none of these" on the ballot. Don't ask me which, I don't remember, but it was one with about 6 or 7 choices for president :lol:

Biggles
11-04-2004, 11:16 PM
I have to confess that it baffles me why the term is important to either side.

Clearly the simple legal niceties regarding property, insurance and inheritance have a practical benefit but this comes with a civil union.

Given that heterosexuals have fairly much ravaged the concept of marriage there would seem to be little merit in Gays choosing it as a battleground and I am of the view that it is a total waste of energy and time on their part. Britney's 36 hour marriage (or however long it was) demonstrates this most pointedly. Surely they would do better to come up with their own definition using a civil union as the vehicle.

j2k4
11-04-2004, 11:50 PM
Britney's 36 hour marriage...

Britney who? :D

bigdawgfoxx
11-05-2004, 02:26 AM
Damn why are yall so for peace...the mother fuckers terrorize everyone. Fly planes into our buildings and do unthinkable things to other people. But heaven forbid 20 american soldiers die. Its a fing war, thats what happens, and something needs to be done. And Kerry was for the war to, but he prob would have changed up a few things.

Kerry said he was gona do about 1,000,000 things, which there is no way he could really do. He looks like an asshole and doesnt speak very powerful. Bush might not use the best words but when you look at him you know he means it.

And people think we should let people do w/e they want. Look at where our WORLD is. We get worse and worse, and you cant say were not, look at the things around us. Every year in my city people start drinking and dipping at younger ages. About 7th grade. People start having sex about 7th grade too. TV gets worse, music gets worse everything. Letting people go around buttfucking and spreading more diseases and shit is horrible, and you need to realize that. You arent born gay thats fucking bullshit.

scroff
11-05-2004, 03:05 AM
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.anywhichway.net/images/smiles/icon_rofl.gif
I'm sorry, but I can almost hear Dueling Banjos in the background....http://www.anywhichway.net/images/smiles/bocul.gif

Really, I apologise. I'm just a damn yankee...

bujub22
11-05-2004, 03:25 AM
i wish bush choked on that pretzal :angry:

DirtyDan
11-05-2004, 05:15 AM
Damn why are yall so for peace...the mother fuckers terrorize everyone. Fly planes into our buildings and do unthinkable things to other people. But heaven forbid 20 american soldiers die. Its a fing war, thats what happens, and something needs to be done. And Kerry was for the war to, but he prob would have changed up a few things.

Kerry said he was gona do about 1,000,000 things, which there is no way he could really do. He looks like an asshole and doesnt speak very powerful. Bush might not use the best words but when you look at him you know he means it.

And people think we should let people do w/e they want. Look at where our WORLD is. We get worse and worse, and you cant say were not, look at the things around us. Every year in my city people start drinking and dipping at younger ages. About 7th grade. People start having sex about 7th grade too. TV gets worse, music gets worse everything. Letting people go around buttfucking and spreading more diseases and shit is horrible, and you need to realize that. You arent born gay thats fucking bullshit.

Hurray! Looks like Texas understands Bush.

I agree, I dont care what you argue about intolerance, or how it goes against the constitution, Im all for it. Above the constitution is the concept that the people should decide the laws, and the people seemed to scream "Keep your gay asses away from us!" on election day. Equality is a concept of who people really are, too. If it wasnt, then people that like to have sex with animals would be recieving thier rights too. Tolerance escalades into a mutated disaster of accept-all love-all. If you say you were born gay, I say I was born to hate you! Argue it all you want, it doesnt make any sense. We are obviously a product of our environment. And who's to say they know morales better than century-old gospels? Maybe they were created purely to keep people in line. Maybe that was the only reason they were written. But if thats so, then I think it was because they were needed, not because a bunch of people were bored and decided to create the philosophy for the world to follow for the next thousands of years.

Prodigy Girl
11-05-2004, 05:30 AM
Answering the original question:

To me, it didn't matter if Bush won.

scroff
11-05-2004, 05:31 AM
Answering the original question:

To me, it didn't matter if Bush won this election.
Say more?

Prodigy Girl
11-05-2004, 05:36 AM
Say more of what? I didn't vote for either Bush or Kerry, so the outcome didn't matter to me.

Right now, I just hope those who still have hard feelings towards the outcome of this election can move on and find peace.

Biggles
11-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Hurray! Looks like Texas understands Bush.

I agree, I dont care what you argue about intolerance, or how it goes against the constitution, Im all for it.

:blink: Bring back the Ku Klux Klan?

Intolerance is fine as long as my views are tolerated. :)

I have no wish to live in an intolerant Muslim society, an intolerant military dictatorship, or an intolerant Christian society. We are a product of our environment and environments change. Why tie yourself to something that was written for societies living in a ME desert 2,500 years ago? Different cultures in different times, Egyptians, Greeks, Persians, Hindus, Tibetans, Chinese, Japanese, Celts all had different approaches and tolerated/encouraged different things.

Cheese
11-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Letting people go around buttfucking and spreading more diseases and shit is horrible, and you need to realize that. You arent born gay thats fucking bullshit.

I really hate this sort of ignorant bullshit. It makes me sad that people actually think like this. :(

bigboab
11-05-2004, 12:54 PM

I completely agree.:) Lets keep to good ole southern American values and keep sex to within the family. Completely within the family.:whistling

@Biggles I can arrange for your initiation into 'A Clan Near You'. Comes with free sheet, petrol and laundry fees.:lol: :lol:

P.S. A lot nearer than you think.:ph34r:

Biggles
11-05-2004, 12:59 PM
I completely agree.:) Lets keep to good ole southern American values and keep sex to within the family. Completely within the family.:whistling

@Biggles I can arrange for your initiation into 'A Clan Near You'. Comes with free sheet, petrol and laundry fees.:lol: :lol:

P.S. A lot nearer than you think.:ph34r:

:ohmy: I wondered where the sheets off my washing line went!

Biggles
11-05-2004, 01:15 PM
No, that would be bestiality.

Tolerate the PA, you cruel bar steward.

:blushing: Tolerated, my bad - been up since the wee small hours on Picket Line duty - not at my best.

Rat Faced
11-05-2004, 01:24 PM
:blushing: Tolerated, my bad - been up since the wee small hours on Picket Line duty - not at my best.

Oops

:rolleyes:

Im so sorry that im not on the line...

No, really, i am....

I offer my support from my sick bed ;)

http://www.pcs.org.uk/images/all/PCSLogo.gif

Edit: Strange logo when you link it to here :unsure:

Biggles
11-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Oops

:rolleyes:

Im so sorry that im not on the line...

No, really, i am....

I offer my support from my sick bed ;)

:

It didn't rain :01:

Out of around 60 (about 90% of potential members on site) only 9 or 10 members crossed the line :01: (Scabs :angry: :lol: )

Most of the offices were closed :01:

Prospect and T&G guys brought us lots of tea and coffee :01:

Guards on duty were T&G members and stopped all the cars to check passes :01:

It was absolutely freezing :(

It was an extemely good natured event :01:

Busyman
11-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Letting people go around buttfucking and spreading more diseases and shit is horrible, and you need to realize that. You arent born gay thats fucking bullshit.
I agree that people aren't born gay but buttfucking isn't all that bad. :shifty:

Biggles
11-05-2004, 02:36 PM
I agree that people aren't born gay but buttfucking isn't all that bad. :shifty:

You are having a Jay Lo moment aren't you? :shifty:

Busyman
11-05-2004, 02:50 PM
You are having a Jay Lo moment aren't you? :shifty:
:w00t: :01: :devil:

vidcc
11-05-2004, 03:15 PM

so why invade people that had nothing to do with it?

Only stupid people had trouble understanding kerry, he spoke in English but used words longer than you are used to i guess.... it's not hard to understand bush because he is simple, talks slowly and repeats himself over and over.

And people think we should let people do w/e they want. Look at where our WORLD is. We get worse and worse, and you cant say were not, look at the things around us. Every year in my city people start drinking and dipping at younger ages. About 7th grade. People start having sex about 7th grade too. TV gets worse, music gets worse everything. Letting people go around buttfucking and spreading more diseases and shit is horrible, and you need to realize that. You arent born gay thats fucking bullshit.As to the sex part i'm thinking nobody wants you and that hurts.
to the Gay part, desease isn't a gay monopoly, and fact is you can't prove that people aren't born gay. If it's caused by enviroment how come so many homosexuals grow up in these backward biggoted places? All homosexuals are the result of a hetrosexual relationship.
But if so much needs fixing where you live why are we going around the world forcing people to be just like us?

vidcc
11-05-2004, 03:19 PM
but buttfucking isn't all that bad. :shifty:
not reading anything but the humour in that busy, however i really don't understand why so many wish to do that.

Each to their own i say...but yuk:sick: :lol:

Busyman
11-05-2004, 04:25 PM
not reading anything but the humour in that busy, however i really don't understand why so many wish to do that.

Each to their own i say...but yuk:sick: :lol:
It's something different but not too far out left field.

Ironically, she's the one that asks for it. :huh:

It's ok every blue moon but I actually prefer twat. :rolleyes:

Busyman
11-05-2004, 04:34 PM
and fact is you can't prove that people aren't born gay. If it's caused by enviroment how come so many homosexuals grow up in these backward biggoted places?
I just use logic. It's choice. Environment is not a dictator but an influence.

Can you chose exactly who love?

If you do love that person, can you turn it off?

Okayyyyy now....

Were you born to love that person?

Will scientists find something in your head that predisposes you to love that person?

Prove that I'm not born to like the color blue.

vidcc
11-05-2004, 04:56 PM

Okayyyyy now....

Will scientists find something in your head that predisposes you to love that person?

but that's all opinion...not proof

scroff
11-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Say more of what?
I should have been more specific. I was curious about your reasons for not voting for either of the two main candidates.

Prodigy Girl
11-06-2004, 06:44 AM
I should have been more specific. I was curious about your reasons for not voting for either of the two main candidates.

Oh, no problem. I’ll do my best not to ramble. :P

Well, I’m not a fan of Bush, and I didn’t agree with the ideas that Kerry had for the country. Both of these candidates were for things that I don’t support (including the Patriot Act and raising minimum wage). I wanted to vote for a candidate that represented my views the best. I didn’t want to be one of those people who voted based on a candidate’s looks or based upon how others believe I should vote, so I spent a good deal of time looking over the candidates and proposals for this election.

For me, it’s hard to believe that so many people on both sides of the coin got pissed off at those who didn’t support their candidate. There were people at my job who didn’t feel comfortable around their coworkers because a difference in opinion. I had friends not speaking to one another because of this election, too. Also, because I decided to go with a third party candidate, some Democrat supporters told me that it would be my fault if Bush won this election. Perhaps they’re included in the group who still believe that Nader cost Gore the election in 2000. What a shame…

And speaking of which, I really think it’s time for the third party candidates to be in the mainstream. I think it’s sad to find out that Nader had to get signature on a petition just to be on the ballot in some states. I also don’t like the fact that the third party candidates were kept from the debates (Badnarik and Cobb were arrested for trying to get into St. Louis debates. The Libertarian Party had a lawsuit (http://thelfactor.org/arizona_state_lawsuit.html) against the Commission on Presidential Debates. Good for them.)

I learnt a while back that when you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil. I didn’t want to vote for evil. In a way, isn’t voting for something you don’t believe in as bad as not voting at all?

Oh, and Kudos to www.flowgo.com and www.jibjab.com for finding humor in all of the political ugliness. :)

scroff
11-06-2004, 06:57 AM
Oh, no problem. I’ll do my best not to ramble. :PThanks for your answer. I would tend to agree, but voted for Kerry because I thought he was better than Bush (lesser of two evils) and didn't think Nader had a chance. I agree with much of what Nader says, but I don't think the country's ready for him or a Kucinich and feel you have to work with what you got.... no matter who won, if it wasn't Bush the congress would have hog-tied them... but I really think Bush is very very bad for the US and the world while Kerry would have been business as usual

I also agree that all the candidates should have been at the debates... even Marilyn Chambers :cool:

Busyman
11-06-2004, 02:25 PM

Okayyyyy now....

but that's all opinion...not proof

You asking me to disprove particular sexual desires are controlled by an amount or presence of something in the brain.

That is tantamount to disproving my predisposition towards the color blue.

There are those that say Johnny was always "that way" even when he was 6.

He later walked with a switch and talked with a lisp.

He found things about men attractive.

Well those things about men, sans looking at the fact they the same genitalia,
are in many ways learned and emulated.

You like what you like.

With that in mind, I don't think it can be fixed medically.

If being born gay is true then that, in theory, can be fixed with gene therapy or brain surgery (who knows), correct?

That would also mean that homosexuality is a mental handicap of sorts.

I don't buy it. :dry:

vidcc
11-06-2004, 02:58 PM
You asking me to disprove particular sexual desires are controlled by an amount or presence of something in the brain.

That is tantamount to disproving my predisposition towards the color blue.

There are those that say Johnny was always "that way" even when he was 6.

He later walked with a switch and talked with a lisp.

He found things about men attractive.

Well those things about men, sans looking at the fact they the same genitalia,
are in many ways learned and emulated.

You like what you like.

With that in mind, I don't think it can be fixed medically.

If being born gay is true then that, in theory, can be fixed with gene therapy or brain surgery (who knows), correct?

That would also mean that homosexuality is a mental handicap of sorts.

I don't buy it. :dry:You don't buy it...so what...it's still just opinion, not proof. I didn't ask you to prove it, you believe what you believe... i disagree with what you believe. I can't prove people are born gay, you can't disprove they are.
Every theory anyone comes up with for either case has a counter theory...so the fact is it can't be proven one way or the other.

But let's say scientists do discover a "gay gene"...you suggest it could then be fixed, that would suggest that if one want's to use ones moral beliefs to fix it either...nature (if you believe god doesn't exist) or gods creation (if you belive god does exist)must be fixed

I don't see gay people as "immoral". i don't see them as "sick". I see them as being different.

scroff
11-06-2004, 10:02 PM
You don't buy it...so what...it's still just opinion, not proof. I didn't ask you to prove it, you believe what you believe... i disagree with what you believe. I can't prove people are born gay, you can't disprove they are.
Every theory anyone comes up with for either case has a counter theory...so the fact is it can't be proven one way or the other.

But let's say scientists do discover a "gay gene"...you suggest it could then be fixed, that would suggest that if one want's to use ones moral beliefs to fix it either...nature (if you believe god doesn't exist) or gods creation (if you belive god does exist)must be fixed

I don't see gay people as "immoral". i don't see them as "sick". I see them as being different.Bravo... for those who think it's a choice... choose to get a woody when you look at, maybe, Tom Cruise.

I don't see what all the big deal is about either.

Busyman
11-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Bravo... for those who think it's a choice... choose to get a woody when you look at, maybe, Tom Cruise.

I don't see what all the big deal is about either.
Nice chime in but no one's saying that...at least not here. :dry:

ruthie
11-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Rofl.

Peerzy
11-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Most of the world wants Bush out however amercians think he's the best and he's doing a good job in Iraq and such. Funny how the Iraqies don'....

Busyman
11-07-2004, 12:05 AM
You don't buy it...so what...it's still just opinion, not proof. I didn't ask you to prove it, you believe what you believe... i disagree with what you believe. I can't prove people are born gay, you can't disprove they are.

I don't see gay people as "immoral". i don't see them as "sick". I see them as being different.
I bet if there was a killer gene or a Turret's gene it wouldn't be bad to "fix it".

Btw what is behind your opinion that homosexuality is birthed?

Keep in mind I don't believe gays are out and out hurting folks and don't believe in talking down to them or workplace discrimination.
I don't agree with the lifestyle but I don't have to live it. I leave that for their God to sort out.

vidcc
11-07-2004, 12:25 AM
I bet if there was a killer gene or a Turret's gene it wouldn't be bad to "fix it".

Why not fix it if we have the capability? I have no problem with that. The only way a gay gene could be connected in this theory would be if your morals considered homosexuality to be wrong. Well i don't, i am repelled at the thought but i don't think there is anything wrong with it for those that are gay. Killers harm others...homosexuals just give you the creeps.

Btw what is behind your opinion that homosexuality is birthed?

i believe if you or i can't be changed gay why would anyone else?
why would someone choose to be gay when they have to go through all this biggoted crap?

I can't be bothered to go into every little arguement...those 2 will do:)

Busyman
11-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Why not fix it if we have the capability? I have no problem with that. The only way a gay gene could be connected in this theory would be if your morals considered homosexuality to be wrong. Well i don't, i am repelled at the thought but i don't think there is anything wrong with it for those that are gay. Killers harm others...homosexuals just give you the creeps.

i believe if you or i can't be changed gay why would anyone else?
why would someone choose to be gay when they have to go through all this biggoted crap?

I can't be bothered to go into every little arguement...those 2 will do:)
Turret's gives the creeps too.

Anyway, as I said before being gay is as much choice as you choosing what woman that you find attractive.

Folks that are straight have switched sides before. It amazes that in these instances everyone says, "Well they were gay all along".....as if this gay gene were always trump. :dry:
In other cases, folks are living a lie but that's nothing new. Sociopaths do it all the time (bad example I know). The point is many folks do as society does to not stand out.

You say you or I can't be changed gay...well others have been.

You like what you like.

vidcc
11-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Busy
I only gave you a couple of reasons because you asked me to. If you have a different theory...as i said it's opinion, not proof.

you can repeat your opinion again if you wish but as i said i believe what i believe

SeK612
11-07-2004, 01:18 AM
I'd think its more a pyschological thing. Not that its defect, but perhaps there is something that differs in a certain section of the brain that picks who we find attractive and this differs from person to person. I suppose this could be linked to whether the same thing is present in our parents and also may change depending on what is experince early in life.

scroff
11-07-2004, 02:23 AM
Nice chime in but no one's saying that...at least not here. :dry:Sorry...

This must have confused me

Didn't realize this was a private conversation...
I'll shut up now...

Busyman
11-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Sorry...

This must have confused me

Didn't realize this was a private conversation...
I'll shut up now...
Scroff, if you choose not to read further than that one sentence than what can I say? :huh:

Were you being coy or just snippet reading?

Since vid has nothing further to add besides, "I can't change so how can they" and has nothing else behind his opinion, what yours?

It's not a private convo since it wasn't a pm.

I'm hanging up the OPEN sign.

Folk's definition of what choice is seems to be different from how it applies to the "I can't help myself" syndrome. Can't help yourself?

Must be genetic. :dry:

scroff
11-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Scroff, if you choose not to read further than that one sentence than what can I say? :huh:

Were you being coy or just snippet reading? I read further. It appears to me you feel it's a choice. Nevertheless my comment about choosing to get a woody when you see Tom Cruise was just that, a comment.

Since vid has nothing further to add besides, "I can't change so how can they" and has nothing else behind his opinion, what yours?

It's not a private convo since it wasn't a pm.

I'm hanging up the OPEN sign.

Folk's definition of what choice is seems to be different from how it applies to the "I can't help myself" syndrome. Can't help yourself?

Must be genetic. :dry:Well of course they have a choice, just as you have a choice to sleep with a man or a woman. It's not a matter of "Can't help myself," it's more a matter of "why should I help myself?"

I think a "heterosexual" man might find sleeping with a woman more to his liking, but he could choose to sleep with a man. But no matter how long he did it, he'd still rather be with a woman.

There's nothing genetic about it, no more than there is for heterosexuals. It can't be handed down from generation to generation like blue eyes or heart disease.

Societies effect is more on how people view LGBT, thus indirectly it effects LGBT. Society tells us it's un-natural, and the more Christian the society, the more un-natural, it seems to me.

Sexuality is not an either/or proposition, people aren't either gay or straight, it's more of a sliding scale. Homophobia (I'm not accusing you here) is not fear of homosexuals, it's fear that you (the general you) might be gay, might be a little further along on that scale than you would like. Why wouldn't you want to be further along that scale? Because of society's view of homosexuality and it's effect on you (again, the general you).

In different societies, and in different times throughout history, homosexuality has been accepted.

Some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla... and some people like strawberry... what's the big deal?

You asked... :cool:

Rat Faced
11-07-2004, 09:48 AM
is as much choice as you choosing what woman that you find attractive.

I have a choice?
:unsure:

Busyman
11-07-2004, 03:30 PM
I read further. It appears to me you feel it's a choice. Nevertheless my comment about choosing to get a woody when you see Tom Cruise was just that, a comment.

Well of course they have a choice, just as you have a choice to sleep with a man or a woman. It's not a matter of "Can't help myself," it's more a matter of "why should I help myself?"

I think a "heterosexual" man might find sleeping with a woman more to his liking, but he could choose to sleep with a man. But no matter how long he did it, he'd still rather be with a woman.

There's nothing genetic about it, no more than there is for heterosexuals. It can't be handed down from generation to generation like blue eyes or heart disease.

Societies effect is more on how people view LGBT, thus indirectly it effects LGBT. Society tells us it's un-natural, and the more Christian the society, the more un-natural, it seems to me.

Sexuality is not an either/or proposition, people aren't either gay or straight, it's more of a sliding scale. Homophobia (I'm not accusing you here) is not fear of homosexuals, it's fear that you (the general you) might be gay, might be a little further along on that scale than you would like. Why wouldn't you want to be further along that scale? Because of society's view of homosexuality and it's effect on you (again, the general you).

In different societies, and in different times throughout history, homosexuality has been accepted.

Some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla... and some people like strawberry... what's the big deal?

You asked... :cool:
It's cool. Sounds like you agree.

Busyman
11-07-2004, 03:33 PM
I have a choice?
:unsure:
Refer to scroff's earlier comment.

Example I happen to dislike skinny women. Thicker women with phat ass happen to give me a woody.

I have a choice in who I sleep with but I get wood when see a woman with phat ass. I could say I chose to get wood but we both know that's not case, right? :huh:

Rat Faced
11-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Thats what i meant..

I have no choice in what type of woman "Turns me on"..

This is why i accept that it may well be the same for Gays... they dont "Choose" to be turned on by people of the same sex, it happens.

vidcc
11-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Scroff,

Since vid has nothing further to add besides, "I can't change so how can they" and has nothing else behind his opinion,
:dry:
I have lots more behind my opinion. I just don't see why i should have to go round in circles. You are not going to change your opinion on it and i am not going to change mine.

EVERY arguement you come up with has an equally valid counter. Same goes with every arguement i come up with.

AS I SAID IT'S ALL JUST OPINION.... NOT ONE SHRED OF ACTUAL PROOF.

Arm
11-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Bush didn't win. :rolleyes: Instead of Florida being the main state of the rigged election it was Ohio. :01:

Busyman
11-08-2004, 04:31 AM
I have lots more behind my opinion. I just don't see why i should have to go round in circles. You are not going to change your opinion on it and i am not going to change mine.

EVERY arguement you come up with has an equally valid counter. Same goes with every arguement i come up with.

AS I SAID IT'S ALL JUST OPINION.... NOT ONE SHRED OF ACTUAL PROOF.
Soooo...you have nothing further to add. :blink: Glad we agree.

Busyman
11-08-2004, 04:42 AM
Thats what i meant..

I have no choice in what type of woman "Turns me on"..

This is why i accept that it may well be the same for Gays... they dont "Choose" to be turned on by people of the same sex, it happens.
Good, now to go further...

Let's say you are turned on by skinny white women.

Were you born that way?

Nature or nurture?

I, for one, wasn't born to like women with phat ass. I grew up around it, maybe other fellas ogled it, who knows?

At the same time there are fellas that are around phat ass all the time and prefer the skinny women.

Now imagine a scientist who says that hmmm men that like voluptuous women have an enlarged corpuswhateverthefuck and those that like skinny women have small ones. We have a study of 500 men that says so.

Aww man I said I liked phat ass all this time because everyone else did. Now I'm coming about to say I like skinny women. :dry: I must have had a small corpuswhateverthefuck all along. My friend likes voluptuous and skinny women, he must have a medium sized corpuswhateverthefuck.

Everyone's preferences have a chemical signature, didn'tcha know? :huh:

Cheese
11-08-2004, 09:29 AM
I guess the best way to try and prove anything would be have a baby boy grow up on an island with just women living there.

Oh wait, that's my fantasy. Sorry, carry on.