PDA

View Full Version : CCleaner updated -V 1.15

100%
11-04-2004, 07:12 PM
http://www.ccleaner.com/

v1.15.078 - [3rd November 2004] http://www.ccleaner.com/img/new.gif
- Added Custom Folder cleaning.
- Fixed Autocomplete History shutdown bug.
- Added new multi-language routines.
- Updated Firefox detection.
- Updated Opera cache cleaning.
- Fixed ActiveX scanning issue with some software.
- Updated Office 2003 cleaning.
- Updated Real Player cleaning.
- Added Quicktime cleaning.
- Added MS Management Console cleaning.
- Added Remote Desktop MRU cleaning.
- Added Recycle Bin cleaning on 95/NT.
- Reduced file sizes.
- Minor tweaks and fixes.

Afronaut
11-04-2004, 07:15 PM
cool, thanks for info

DanB
11-04-2004, 07:17 PM
Cheers Z

tesco
11-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks.

RealitY
11-04-2004, 07:29 PM
Ive been meaning to ask as I just used this for the first time awhile ago and have been using WindowWasher for a long time and decided to take a look at this although with al the talk I wasnt that impressed at all and removed and am sticking with WindowWasher for now. Have any of you used both and why do you find which better then...

Afronaut
11-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Well, I think I had Windows Washer on long time ago, cant remember
was it good, might be better than CCleaner, but im somewhat happy with
CCleaner now, its getting better all the time and its free.

The other app im kinda hooked on is WinXP Manager.
That's not free, but available on the torrent site near you...
;)

tesco
11-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Ive been meaning to ask as I just used this for the first time awhile ago and have been using WindowWasher for a long time and decided to take a look at this although with al the talk I wasnt that impressed at all and removed and am sticking with WindowWasher for now. Have any of you used both and why do you find which better then...
they both do the same thing but crapcleaner is moer customizable in what it removes from programs like firefox. ;)

i just keep both.

Harsh!
11-04-2004, 08:20 PM
While not my favourite cleaning utility, this is a very through "Cleaner"..... :cool:

cow_dung
11-04-2004, 11:30 PM
thnx 4 info love this program!

peat moss
11-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Thanks ! I'm starting to use more and more. Its starting to be my all in one of choice. But why all the updates? Gee almost like Nero! :D

RealitY
11-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Well I didnt see any Cookie keeper tool in CCleaner so thats one of the resons I got rid of it...

peat moss
11-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Well I didnt see any Cookie keeper tool in CCleaner so thats one of the resons I got rid of it...

No I believe it does! :unsure: Under options , cookies ! :D

RealitY
11-05-2004, 06:03 AM
Well I guess thats the same where you can set it to keep certain ones, if so thats ggod then although I just didnt see anything better about it and am used to WW so CC is gone now anyway...

peat moss
11-06-2004, 01:57 AM
Well I guess thats the same where you can set it to keep certain ones, if so thats ggod then although I just didnt see anything better about it and am used to WW so CC is gone now anyway...

Funny, I used Windows washer years ago. I found it TOO thorough! :lol:
It kept deleting my good cookies. I probably had it set wrong. But what ever floats your boat. It's nice to have a choice . ;)

tesco
11-06-2004, 02:48 AM
Funny, I used Windows washer years ago. I found it TOO thorough! :lol:
It kept deleting my good cookies. I probably had it set wrong. But what ever floats your boat. It's nice to have a choice . ;)
ya there always was a choice but i'd always forget after isntalling the program (which was quite often at the time since at that time i formatted my computer almost weekly) to setup which cookies to remove. :angry:
don't have these problems with firefox though since it's not set to remove them automatically. :)