PDA

View Full Version : TV-Output

LilAznAccommodator
11-05-2004, 04:12 AM
For some reason when i plug in my S-Video cord into BOTH my Computer + TV... The thigns show up on teh TV... But the strange thing is when i try to play a Movie... It just shows my Windows Media Player Template and a blank screen when on my Computer it is playing the movie just fine... I was wondering if anyone happened to have any idea as to what the problem can be. . .

I am running on a Radeon 8500LE but than it worked about 2-3 years ago (last time using). . . So I am not sure as to what the problem may be.. And I don't know if it is just incompatible with my TV... sicne the last time I used it, the TV was a big screen 54" I think... now I have a new one that is rectangular like a Movie Screen... Could that be the problem?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

tesco
11-05-2004, 04:30 AM
could be a security\piracy thing.

try playing the movie with something like videolan (a movie player program). :)

LilAznAccommodator
11-05-2004, 06:43 AM
Bah, that didn't work >< , still see the layout.. but no "movie" playing. =/

RealitY
11-05-2004, 06:59 AM
Right Click On Your Desktop -->> Properties -->> Settings Tab -->> Advanced -->> Displays -->> Then Click The Tab Above TV. Seems in some situations this is what has to be done. You may also notice now that the blank media player box is switched to your pc and of course you can always do this reverse...

Mad Cat
11-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Go into Windows Media Player, click Tools > Options... > Performance Tab, then look at the video acceleration options. Drag the slider to the middle, or click the advanced button and play with them options. Video should show up on both screens.

Livy
11-05-2004, 10:41 AM
u need to disable overlay mode, dont knmow how to do it in media player, just look in the settings,

LilAznAccommodator
11-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Go into Windows Media Player, click Tools > Options... > Performance Tab, then look at the video acceleration options. Drag the slider to the middle, or click the advanced button and play with them options. Video should show up on both screens.

Thanks this worked... But now I have yet another problem... I mean for the SOund.. I don't think I am supopse to use my Computer Speakers... Shouldn't the S-Video wire already incorporate the Video + Audio? Because the sound comes from my Speakers and not the TV's... And my other friend said that S-Video doesn't support sound =/... IDeas?

tesco
11-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Thanks this worked... But now I have yet another problem... I mean for the SOund.. I don't think I am supopse to use my Computer Speakers... Shouldn't the S-Video wire already incorporate the Video + Audio? Because the sound comes from my Speakers and not the TV's... And my other friend said that S-Video doesn't support sound =/... IDeas?
svideo does just the video.
to get sound you need a y-adaptor (rca-to-3.5mm).
One end (3.5mm) plugs into your soundcard's output. the other end (rca[white and red plugs]) plug into your tv's sound input OR a stereo if you want really good sound.

LilAznAccommodator
11-06-2004, 03:28 AM
Are they cheap? Or . . . I mean where is a very cheap place I coudl probably find one? And at the least about.. 10ft+ .

RealitY
11-06-2004, 04:02 AM
Very cheap and somewhere like a Radio Shack or the like...

tesco
11-06-2004, 04:20 AM
radioshack definately has it...couple of bucks.

you can get any length or extensions if you'd like.

Keikan
11-06-2004, 06:12 AM
radio shack is fucking rip off

svideo to rca $29.99

RealitY
11-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Not SVideo just a an 1/8 inch to RCA YJack ffs...