PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Program That Can...

[Spam]
11-06-2004, 04:02 AM
I'm looking for a program that can cut out specific parts of an *.avi and make a new *.avi file out of the cut out part.

For example, if I say I want 15:45 to 18:30 in an *.avi. I need something to cut out that part and make an entirely new *.avi file.

Anyone know of such program?

RealitY
11-06-2004, 04:15 AM
I havent used it in a long time but I think TMPGenc can do that, perhaps others can comment.
Ive used VideoSplitter but I noticed it was slicing frames I didnt select and was rather inaccurate...

spirex
11-06-2004, 06:54 AM
Tmpgenc is really only for encoding to mpeg format. It can read avi's but the video file it creates will be a mpeg. VirtualDub is great for avi's. Just open the video file, and at the top click on video, and check "direct stream process." Select one of the filters to clip avi and then "save as avi." No encoding is neccesary and the whole process should only take about two minutes.

AndrewBarker
11-06-2004, 11:11 AM
']I'm looking for a program that can cut out specific parts of an *.avi and make a new *.avi file out of the cut out part.

For example, if I say I want 15:45 to 18:30 in an *.avi. I need something to cut out that part and make an entirely new *.avi file.

Anyone know of such program?
VirtualDubMod does what your asking (and its freeware) I use it all the time
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=332

Edit: soz, I didn't notice the last reply - just woke up