PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson case

kiyoung80
11-09-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm sooo happy to hear this case is finally over!!! The only part I'm really waiting for is to hear the judge sentence Laci's husband from hell to life in jail. What does everyone think is going to happen?

My roommate is sick of it already, but since the judge is only giving two hours notice once the jury has a verdict, I've been spending a lot of time watching Court TV (they have the best coverage of the trial, in my opinion.) A talk radio station in my city, 770AM, also have been discussing the case quite frequently.

I just can't take another OJ walking the streets...

Kimberly

sArA
11-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Hows about a link for those of us that don't have a clue what you are on about?

;)

manker
11-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Also if your room-mate is female too, how about some pics to go with the link :unsure:

Edit: Welcome to the forum :D

100%
11-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Who is Scott Peterson ?

RPerry
11-09-2004, 06:27 PM
http://courttv.com/home_news/index.html

Heres a link, enjoy. Everything you wanted to know about Scott Peterson.... and a whole buch more than you want to know :blink:

Jon L. Obscene
11-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Who the fuck is Scot whasisface? :huh:

Welcome btw :01:

Jonno :cool:

ElvisLover
11-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum :D

muchspl2
11-09-2004, 06:39 PM
you guys are really out of your current events.

DanB
11-09-2004, 06:41 PM
you guys are really out of your current events.

Its not really a current event in the UK :P

manker
11-09-2004, 06:42 PM
you guys are really out of your current events.I'm actually really up to date with most current events.

It's just that the domestic ones in the US don't register on my giveafuckometer.

muchspl2
11-09-2004, 06:50 PM
oic

anyway, doesn't matter, if he gets off all will be well, if the don't acquit, the judge fucked up already with the note, and some juries got in the boat and they were not supposed to do that, ESP since the defense had a video of them in the boat that was dismissed
so yea, a mis-trail or acquittal, its not over.

ruthie
11-09-2004, 06:57 PM
I hope they find him guilty. I am still sick over OJ.

Rat Faced
11-10-2004, 07:58 PM
The Foreman of the Jury has now been dismissed...

Thats 2 of them...

What happens in USA? They change Jurers until they find 12 that agree with each other?

:unsure:

RPerry
11-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Appears to be the case doesn't it ? :(

vidcc
11-10-2004, 08:10 PM
i have to admit i'll be glad when it's off the news.... I wonder why with all the murders that happen in the USA this one in particular stood out

j2k4
11-10-2004, 08:10 PM
...don't register on my giveafuckometer.

Oh, man!

Where can I get one of those?

RPerry
11-10-2004, 08:13 PM
i have to admit i'll be glad when it's off the news.... I wonder why with all the murders that happen in the USA this one in particular stood out

Probably because Laci Peterson was almost 9 months Pregnant when she was murdered

vidcc
11-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Oh, man!

Where can I get one of those?
have you tried e-bay? :unsure:

j2k4
11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Probably because Laci Peterson was almost 9 months Pregnant when she was murdered

I asked this question when the story broke:

Why, at a time, and in a state, where "fetal tissue" has no legal standing whatsoever, is Scott Peterson being tried for the death of his unborn son, Connor?

A bit of a goose/gander, cart/horse, chicken/egg scenario looming, methinks. :huh:

Rat Faced
11-10-2004, 08:34 PM
If she was nearly 9 months, it wasnt fetal tissue anywhere... as far as i'm aware :blink:

j2k4
11-10-2004, 09:39 PM
If she was nearly 9 months, it wasnt fetal tissue anywhere... as far as i'm aware :blink:

Do you have partial-birth abortion in the U.K., Rat?

9-month status doesn't bear on it here.

The Dr. can literally "abort" the baby as it emerges from the birth-canal.

California is at the leading-edge of such legal contortionism. :(

Rat Faced
11-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Abortion is legal in the UK up to the 24th week of pregnancy. However, if there is a substantial risk to the woman's life or if there are foetal abnormalities there is no time limit... so i guess they might.

To comply with the 1967 Abortion Act, two doctors must give their consent, stating that to continue with the pregnancy would present a risk to the physical or mental health of the woman or her existing children.

In other words, its not upto the mother whether she gets an abortion after the 24th week, its upto the Dr's.

The baby is considered to be alive after the 24th week... and so at 9 months pregnant, it should be treated exactly the same as if the baby was killed after Birth.

j2k4
11-10-2004, 09:51 PM
In other words, its not upto the mother whether she gets an abortion after the 24th week, its upto the Dr's.

A significant distinction, as much as I find both situations less than satisfactory.

Rat Faced
11-10-2004, 09:59 PM
A significant distinction, as much as I find both situations less than satisfactory.

A Dr wont let someone have an Abortion after 24 weeks, just because she doesnt want a baby... there has to be a Medical Reason, and that Diagnoses has to be backed up by another Dr.

I find this very satisfactory.

As i've said before, i was devestated in my youth once, when a girlfriend had an Abortion with my child.

That does not alter the fact that it was her Right to Choose... even if i strongly disagreed with her.

It was her body, i could not and should not dictate to her what she does with it.

:(

j2k4
11-10-2004, 10:06 PM
A Dr wont let someone have an Abortion after 24 weeks, just because she doesnt want a baby... there has to be a Medical Reason, and that Diagnoses has to be backed up by another Dr.

I find this very satisfactory.

As i've said before, i was devestated in my youth once, when a girlfriend had an Abortion with my child.

That does not alter the fact that it was her Right to Choose... even if i strongly disagreed with her.

It was her body, i could not and should not dictate to her what she does with it.

:(

Just so-

BTW-it's your penis; would she have been so accomodating had you decided to promote/claim a right to choose where/how or on/in whom to use it?

Rat Faced
11-10-2004, 10:14 PM
About as accomodating as i would have been about who uses her Vigina?

Seriously, i'd like to see it lowered from 24 weeks to 14-16 weeks..

Other than that, i believe strongly in the womans right to choose whether her body should be an incubator or not.

It's not my place, nor do i wish to, force my personal morals and ethics on someone else... especially someone i care about.

Unlike some, i wouldnt have been there in the 1st place unless i did care ;)

j2k4
11-11-2004, 02:23 AM
Other than that, i believe strongly in the womans right to choose whether her body should be an incubator or not.

Yes, but what should be implied also is that, if she be inclined to opt for incubation, the condition should be treated with the attendant and appropriate gravity, as to do so goes far beyond the comparatively minor decision of whether or not to allow someone to merely "use" her vagina.

See the difference?

It's not my place, nor do i wish to, force my personal morals and ethics on someone else... especially someone i care about.

In a more perfect world, we might choose a partner with whom we share certain morals and ethics to begin with.

I say this as one who also made (as Rat has) that most grave of mistakes. :huh:

j2k4
11-11-2004, 02:26 AM
What of the rights of the child.
I think you and I are at a bit of a disconnect with the others on this point, JP.

That the rights of the unborn are given such short shrift is an enigma to me also.

spinningfreemanny
11-11-2004, 06:44 AM
I think you and I are at a bit of a disconnect with the others on this point, JP.

That the rights of the unborn are given such short shrift is an enigma to me also.

It bothers me that in this society, certain animals and plants are given more right to life then an unborn infant. :no:

scroff
11-11-2004, 09:05 AM
It comes down to who's rights are more valid, for lack of a better word, a human being, already living and breathing on this Earth, or a fetus? When do we get to the point where sperm and egg are considered to have "rights". We already have a president who opposes stem cell research because an embryo could one day become a child (so could one of the millions of those little suckers little willie lets go in the privacy of his room:ohmy: ), that's not real far from saying embryos have rights... . I agree with RF, the issue is not one of abortion, but one of a woman's (and a man's) right to choose for themselves, whether or not I agree.

Rat Faced
11-11-2004, 06:14 PM
I wonder if the opinions of those that have commented would change, if they were the ones with the "Inconveniance"

In the normal course of events, it takes two to create a child...

It is not a womans "Responsibility" it is the couples... accidents happen, if they are not ready to bring a child into the world, then they will know. Not you, or their parents... they will.

A man cannot have as much input, its the womans Body and her desicion at the end of the day. How many times does the man just "Disappear" shortly after the pregnancy is discovered? Should she be made to wait until she knows he'll stick around? No... Its her decision. Im sure she would consult anyone that she wants to trust.

Another thing...

What about cases of Rape?

Why should the Lady be made to go through 9 months of carrying a constant reminder, and then the pain of Childbirth? Did she commit the Crime?

What about Incest?

BigBank_Hank
11-12-2004, 08:18 PM
The jury has made a decision and there will be an announcement in about half and hour.

ruthie
11-12-2004, 08:54 PM
guilty murder of laci

ruthie
11-12-2004, 08:55 PM
1rst degree.
guilty murder of conner

ruthie
11-12-2004, 08:56 PM
2nd degree for conner

ruthie
11-12-2004, 09:05 PM
I am relieved he was found guilty. Jury is under a gag order..they come back in a week or so for the penalty phase.

Everose
11-12-2004, 09:48 PM
Verdict (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20041112/ap_on_re_us/laci_peterson_4)

This judge threw out 3 jurors in this case after deliberation began. It would have been quite an experience to be on this jury. This case was followed nationally in the US, and a lot of people were concerned that he would not be convicted the same as OJ Simpson.

I am glad it is over and have to hope the jury was right.

I am sorry, didn't realize this was being discussed in another post. I have requested it be deleted.

Edit: Threads merged.