PDA

View Full Version : Error reports

Dr Spaulding
11-14-2004, 07:21 PM
is there any way to fix/turn off error reports in windows xp ?
bought a new laptop, had a few installation probs (think it was with winrar for a game) and now everytime i start up i get a few error reports.

{I}{K}{E}
11-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Click the Start button, then right-click My Computer, Properties . Your System Properties screen should pop up. Next, click the Advanced tab , then the Error Reporting button.

Click the little " Disable error reporting " radio button and hit OK . Your computer shouldn't beg you to send error reports to Microsoft anymore.

Afronaut
11-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Blackviper (http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm) has very good pages about services.

:cool2:

gildan2020
11-15-2004, 12:40 PM
is there any way to fix/turn off error reports in windows xp ?
bought a new laptop, had a few installation probs (think it was with winrar for a game) and now everytime i start up i get a few error reports.
u should look for the solution for the problem instead of hiding it
if i'm not wrong, even if u've turn off error reporting, the error msg will still show up. only this time, u can't report to microsoft.

gildan2020

BawA
11-15-2004, 12:46 PM
if i'm not wrong, even if u've turn off error reporting, the error msg will still show up. only this time, u can't report to microsoft.

gildan2020

Nope, if u uncheck this u can disable thoes error pages.

http://img96.exs.cx/img96/6428/untitled338.jpg

gildan2020
11-15-2004, 04:03 PM
darn...i am wrong... :(
oh well :rolleyes:

gildan2020

fkdup74
11-15-2004, 04:07 PM

gildan2020

its not like M$ error reporting is worth a shit anyway...
99% of the errors you get have no info in the M$ KB :lol:
but yeah, they wanna listen to the consumers and make shit better...:lol: