Which has more features for recording??
Pros and cons of each card please :)

Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.cfm?loc=iview&if=n&vID=191053

Audigy 4
http://www.vibecomputers.com/index.cfm?loc=iview&if=n&vID=193680

orcutt989
11-21-2004, 10:45 PM
I have a 2ZS, but without the preamp and stuff, it works pretty good. The ZS platinum pro is just newer.

bigdawgfoxx
11-21-2004, 11:55 PM
The Audigy 2 is newer then the audigy 4?

TheNobleEU
11-23-2004, 02:46 PM
The Audigy 2 is newer then the audigy 4?

The main difference in the Audigy 2 Platinum over the basic version ZS is the front loader I/O hub decks (which provide 6 in/out stereo jacks). So Unless you are a hardcore link-up junkie, or perhaps if you want to do your own digital music editing, there's really no reason to buy the higher end Sound Blasters (the big reason I can see someone would want to buy the Platinum or Platinum Pro is to jack into an external stereo hifi-surround sound system. If you have computer based 5.1 surround or better, you don't need a Platinum. As has been the case for years [since the release of the Live! series cards], Creative packages the same card with different software bundles, and then renames the card, giving the impression you're getting a better piece of hardware for the higher price -- all you're really doing is paying for the software bundle. OEM is your best bet if you can wait).

Note: the primary reason to buy an Audigy 2+ at all is to get support for your computer based surround sound. If you have a newer Live! and have support for 5.1, you probably don't need a Audigy 2. You do need an Audigy 2 if you want support for 6.1 surround or better -- otherwise not all channels will fire. My new T7700 7.1 system wouldn't operate at its full potential on a Live!, which is certified to only 5.1.

http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1

The big differences I see between say the Audigy 2 ZS and the Audigy 4 is a greater SNR range (Audigy 4: 113 vs Audigy ZS: 108 db, whoop-de-doo), and the much-increased number of channels on the Audigy 4: 64 channels. Other than these, all the cards of the Audigy 2+ line share essentially the same features.

Not sure whether the Audigy 4 is available yet, but I haven't seen them. That said the Audigy 2 Platinum and Platinum Pro alone are double the cost of the Audigy 2 ZS. Expect to shell out for the Audigy 4 when it ships.

HTH,
-EU

bigdawgfoxx
11-24-2004, 02:16 PM
The main difference in the Audigy 2 Platinum over the basic version ZS is the front loader I/O hub decks (which provide 6 in/out stereo jacks). So Unless you are a hardcore link-up junkie, or perhaps if you want to do your own digital music editing, there's really no reason to buy the higher end Sound Blasters (the big reason I can see someone would want to buy the Platinum or Platinum Pro is to jack into an external stereo hifi-surround sound system. If you have computer based 5.1 surround or better, you don't need a Platinum. As has been the case for years [since the release of the Live! series cards], Creative packages the same card with different software bundles, and then renames the card, giving the impression you're getting a better piece of hardware for the higher price -- all you're really doing is paying for the software bundle. OEM is your best bet if you can wait).

Note: the primary reason to buy an Audigy 2+ at all is to get support for your computer based surround sound. If you have a newer Live! and have support for 5.1, you probably don't need a Audigy 2. You do need an Audigy 2 if you want support for 6.1 surround or better -- otherwise not all channels will fire. My new T7700 7.1 system wouldn't operate at its full potential on a Live!, which is certified to only 5.1.

http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?category=1

The big differences I see between say the Audigy 2 ZS and the Audigy 4 is a greater SNR range (Audigy 4: 113 vs Audigy ZS: 108 db, whoop-de-doo), and the much-increased number of channels on the Audigy 4: 64 channels. Other than these, all the cards of the Audigy 2+ line share essentially the same features.

Not sure whether the Audigy 4 is available yet, but I haven't seen them. That said the Audigy 2 Platinum and Platinum Pro alone are double the cost of the Audigy 2 ZS. Expect to shell out for the Audigy 4 when it ships.

HTH,
-EU

This is a great post lol ;)