PDA

View Full Version : For those that are interested

zedaxax
11-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Turn Your Back On Bush (http://www.linkboxed.com/url_exit.php?dumped_number=1500)

"Let's start from the start: Inauguration Day.

On January 20th, 2005, we're calling for a new kind of action. The Bush administration has been successful at keeping protesters away from major events in the last few years by closing off areas around events and using questionable legal strategies to outlaw public dissent. We can use these obstacles to develop new tactics. On Inauguration day, we don't need banners, we don't need signs, we just need people.

We're calling on people to attend inauguration as they are: members of the public. Once through security and at the procession, at a given signal, we'll all turn our backs on Bush. A simple, clear and coherent message.

:blink:

ZaZu
11-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Silly

ruthie
Lots of people are going to DC to protest. There are already plans of major amounts of police presence, and national guard or something..as in the thousands..but that doesn't keep a good protester down.LOL.

ruthie
however, screw the back-turning thing..not my style

vidcc
11-28-2004, 08:40 PM
however, screw the back-turning thing..not my style
why ? i think it would say a lot more than a banner and heckling. It's too easy to dismiss chanters as "radicals".

Just my opinion.

bigboab
11-28-2004, 10:10 PM
As soon as he gets sworn in everybody should start crying. I wonder how they would react to that?:)

Rat Faced
11-29-2004, 12:20 AM
He's been making all of us cry for 4 years, so i doubt it would have any effect :unsure:

ahctlucabbuS
11-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Sounds like a plan, if there is a good enough turn out that is.

ruthie
11-29-2004, 02:09 AM
why ? i think it would say a lot more than a banner and heckling. It's too easy to dismiss chanters as "radicals".

Just my opinion.
I agree. We don't carry banners, or heckle or yell when we attend protests. We tend to talk to many people there, listen to speakers, take pictures, etc. We are usually with the Veterans for Peace group, as Scroff is a member. I don't like any "group mentality" type of thing, never have.
I despise Bush, but the back-turning thing just ain't my thing.

100%
11-29-2004, 04:06 AM
I've been in a similar action like that in when it was 50 year memorial for WWII
it does not work
the crowd is too large - the coordination is messy
and if you do it at "the climax" do you think anybody notices.....+where are the press focused on?

for this type of Back to Bush action to work youd need the people on the stage to turn their backs.....or atleast 95% of the crowd

anyway i dont intend on buying a ticket to the us for this reason
at all

Busyman
11-29-2004, 01:19 PM
I have to hook-up the telco lines for Inauguration.

I like the back turning idea.

Sadly, I can't participate in it. Money, in this case, rules the day.....lots of OT. :( :shifty: