PDA

View Full Version : Need your help guys...

cpt_azad
11-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Okay, so I've been thinking. I've always planned on becoming a pilot, go into college get my aviation diploma (or degree w/e). But now that I look at it, I realize that the "airline" industry wont be so good in the next 10-15 years, and thank god I realized it now. So what the hell should I do? That's all I've focused on for the last 10 years is being a Pilot. I'd like to mention that my science for High School (Grade 11/12) is Physics, so I'm only "qualifiable" (does that word even exist?) in a career that has Physics/Math in it, definately not Biology or Chem. since I'm not very good at it. What should I do? Aeronautical Engineering? Aircraft Mechanic? Armed Forces? I'm really screwed, people say that I've got a lot of time (I'm in gr. 11 btw), but the fact of the matter is I have to start planning ASAP (what post-sec. institution to go to, what to take, what it'll cost, etc.). So please, I'm asking you guys, as a friend, what the hell should I do? Thank you.

manker
11-29-2004, 08:37 AM
You should learn to paragraph and punctuate properly, reading that post was a chore.

I also think you should reconsider your decision not to become a pilot. The world will always need them and they will always be well paid, plus you have the bonus of it being an ambition of yours so job satisfaction is a given.

If you change your mind at a later date then your qualifications in Physics or Maths will be useful for almost any job you think of. I don't mean on a practical level but because prospective employers will see a qualification in those subjects as an indication of a sound, logical mind.

cpt_azad
11-29-2004, 08:49 AM
You should learn to paragraph and punctuate properly, reading that post was a chore.

I also think you should reconsider your decision not to become a pilot. The world will always need them and they will always be well paid, plus you have the bonus of it being an ambition of yours so job satisfaction is a given.

If you change your mind at a later date then your qualifications in Physics or Maths will be useful for almost any job you think of. I don't mean on a practical level but because prospective employers will see a qualification in those subjects as an indication of a sound, logical mind.
Well yes, I haven't given up on the Pilot thing (and yes, I really gotta start focusing on my English class) and it's still number 1 on my list. I want to do something that I want to do, something I like to do, something that's pretty sweet and unique or dangerous (we all know being a Pilot isn't dangerous though, you're more safer in a plane then you're in a car. God I hate generalization.). But ya thanks for the tip. Physics and Math does show good character.

ziggyjuarez
11-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Sorry but i cant help with this kind of stuff.but if you need me to fight someone then ill be here:cool2: