PDA

View Full Version : US uses Napalm in Fallujah

DanB
11-29-2004, 12:24 PM
U.S. uses napalm gas in Fallujah – Witnesses
11/28/2004 9:00:00 PM GMT

The U.S. military is secretly using banned napalm gas and other outlawed weapons against civilians in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, eyewitnesses reported.

Residents in Fallujah reported that innocent civilians have been killed by napalm attacks, a poisonous cocktail of polystyrene and jet fuel which makes the human body melt.

Since the U.S. offensive started in Fallujah earlier this month, there have been reports of “melted” bodies which proves that the napalm gas had been used.

"Poisonous gases have been used in Fallujah," 35-year-old Fallujah resident, Abu Hammad said. "They used everything -- tanks, artillery, infantry, and poisonous gas. Fallujah has been bombed to the ground." Hammad was living in the Julan district of Fallujah which witnessed some of the heaviest attacks.

Other residents of that area also said that banned weapons were used. Abu Sabah, said; “They used these weird bombs that put up smoke like a mushroom cloud… then small pieces fall from the air with long tails of smoke behind them."

He said that pieces of these strange bombs explode into large fires that burn the skin even when water is thrown on the burns.

Phosphorous arms and the napalm gas are known to have such effects. "People suffered so much from these," Abu Sabah said.

Fallujah “almost gone”

Kassem Mohammed Ahmed, who fled Fallujah last week, said that he witnessed many atrocities committed by U.S. troops in the shattered city. "I watched them roll over wounded people in the street with tanks," he said. "This happened so many times."

Another Fallujah resident Khalil (40) said that “Fallujah is suffering too much, it is almost gone now." He added that refugees are in a miserable situation now, "It's a disaster living here at this camp," Khalil said. "We are living like dogs and the kids do not have enough clothes."

In many refugee camps around Fallujah and Baghdad, people are living without enough food, clothing and shelter. Relief groups estimate that there are more than 15,000 refugee families in temporary shelters outside Fallujah.

Blair under fire over the use of napalm

On Saturday, Labor MPs have demanded that British Prime Minister confront the Commons over the use of the deadly gas in Fallujah.

Halifax Labor MP Alice Mahon said: "I am calling on Mr. Blair to make an emergency statement to the Commons to explain why this is happening. It begs the question: 'Did we know about this hideous weapon's use in Iraq?'"

Furious critics have also demanded that Blair threatens the U.S. to pullout British forces from Iraq unless the U.S. stops using the world’s deadliest weapon.

The United Nations banned the use of the napalm gas against civilians in 1980 after pictures of a naked wounded girl in Vietnam shocked the world.

The United States, which didn't endorse the convention, is the only nation in the world still using the deadly weapon.

Source (http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/news_service/middle_east_full_story.asp?service_ID=5875)

Now I thought that Napalm was banned world wide following Vietnam but it seems to be that the US is the only one who didn't agree to this. I know there where reports of 'cluster' bombs being used too which are also supposedly banned.

It makes you ask the question, what is the point in banning weapons when a) they still get made and b) countries still use them? :frusty:

Rat Faced
11-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Napalm is not a gas, its a liquid.

They arent using Napalm, they are using a more modern variant thats actually worse... however, although everyone else finds it sickening and is against the spirit of the ban, they can and do claim that its not "Napalm", as its not the original stuff :dry:

It was also used in Afganistan and the actual war in Iraq, to widespread criticism, which was ignored.

This is one of the reasons Bush and Co are blackmailing other countries into excluding Americans from prosecution in the International Criminal Court, together with the other "War Crimes" that have been widely reported internationally, but for some reason not as much inside the USA.

The other thing thats laughable is the use of 500lb bombs in a city (including on a Market on Market Day) and claiming that there were few civilian casualties... if it wasnt so sickening, it'd be funny that they can think people believe them... on saying this, you have seen that there are plenty of the US citizens that do.

3RA1N1AC
11-29-2004, 08:06 PM
napalm isn't a weapon. it's a "defoliant" that just coincidentally burns and kills people. we all know how thick the jungles of... um... iraq are.

Rat Faced
11-29-2004, 08:15 PM
napalm isn't a weapon. it's a "defoliant" that just coincidentally burns and kills people. we all know how thick the jungles of... um... iraq are.

Nooo, your thinking of "Agent Orange" :lol:

Sid Hartha
11-29-2004, 08:51 PM
I'll predict that 51% of America won't care that this is happening.

cpt_azad
11-29-2004, 10:39 PM
I'll predict that 51% of America won't care that this is happening.
well no shit, 51% of america voted for that murderer.

Rat Faced
11-29-2004, 10:49 PM
well no shit, 51% of america voted for that murderer.

The courts are still out on that one.. I dont think they did.

When, as an example, one county has 140,000 votes on a machine, when there are only 14,000 voters. The County is overwhelmingly "Bush", even though the Exit Polls put it as overwhelmingly "Kerry"... and this happens again and again.

And in a county in Florida they caught them throwing a load of the "Paper Trail" away, even though they had already spotted discrepincies.. and surprise surprise all the ones in the Bin were Kerries... well, its not surprising we dont really believe that the USA is a Democracy any more is it?

CamperOnTheEdge
11-29-2004, 10:50 PM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning smells like...... victory

cpt_azad
11-29-2004, 10:56 PM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning smells like...... victory
Was the word "ignorant" and it's derived word "ignorance" only found in the American dictionaries, or not at all in the American dictionaries?

You know, everyday I die a little inside knowing that the injustices that America is doing right now will never be looked upon or retributed in anyway, just sad, this is what humanity has come to :no: .

Rat Faced
11-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Everything goes full circle...

BigBank_Hank
11-29-2004, 11:13 PM
The courts are still out on that one.. I dont think they did.

When, as an example, one county has 140,000 votes on a machine, when there are only 14,000 voters. The County is overwhelmingly "Bush", even though the Exit Polls put it as overwhelmingly "Kerry"... and this happens again and again.

And in a county in Florida they caught them throwing a load of the "Paper Trail" away, even though they had already spotted discrepincies.. and surprise surprise all the ones in the Bin were Kerries... well, its not surprising we dont really believe that the USA is a Democracy any more is it?

The exit polls were wrong this time just like they were in the last two elections. The majority of the people polled were women who were predominantly Kerry. Also some of the poll numbers that were released were from the Kerry camp. They had him up 20 points in one state in the middle of the afternoon. They tried this trick 4 years ago when the news stations were calling states before polls were closed saying Gore had won so many Bush voters didn’t bother voting but not this time.

Also when the voting locations opened in Philadelphia some machines already had two thousand votes on them for Kerry, and this happened in more than one location. Thankfully this news broke and the machines were thrown out.

lynx
11-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Also when the voting locations opened in Philadelphia some machines already had two thousand votes on them for Kerry, and this happened in more than one location. Thankfully this news broke and the machines were thrown out.
I think you mean "Allegedly had two thousand votes on them for Kerry". Of course, had there been a proper paper trail like everyone who truly believes in democracy wanted we would have been able to see.

iMartin
11-30-2004, 12:04 AM
I know how to make napalm. Mix styrofoam with gas, after that's all mixed together, mix in some oil. Mix for a while, throw it on something, ignite, and watch it burn for hours.

vidcc
11-30-2004, 12:24 AM
They tried this trick 4 years ago when the news stations were calling states before polls were closed saying Gore had won so many Bush voters didn’t bother voting but not this time. .

Are you sure about that one?

i'm sure there was a "press release" saying gore looks like he is taking Florida and then there was a last minuite Bush voter surge.

I could be wrong because only the democrats would try "tricks" :whistling

dwightfry
11-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Was the word "ignorant" and it's derived word "ignorance" only found in the American dictionaries, or not at all in the American dictionaries?

You know, everyday I die a little inside knowing that the injustices that America is doing right now will never be looked upon or retributed in anyway, just sad, this is what humanity has come to :no: .Come now. Lets not forget that 49% of america is against it, 51% that just don't get it yet. And there is a whole other party looking at it and are just as appaled as you. It will take time. It'll probably get worse before it gets better, but it will happen.

cpt_azad
11-30-2004, 11:54 PM
Come now. Lets not forget that 49% of america is against it, 51% that just don't get it yet. And there is a whole other party looking at it and are just as appaled as you. It will take time. It'll probably get worse before it gets better, but it will happen.
Let's hope so, for our children's future. Yes it'll get worst before it gets better, but trust me, that 51% being umm "slow" to catch on well, I very much doubt they will ever change their mind.

BigBank_Hank
12-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Come now. Lets not forget that 49% of america is against it, 51% that just don't get it yet. And there is a whole other party looking at it and are just as appaled as you. It will take time. It'll probably get worse before it gets better, but it will happen.
Did you ever think that maybe since the majority of the people in this country feel like it is the right thing to do that its you that doesn’t get it?

Rat Faced
12-01-2004, 12:19 AM
And ever wonder why the Majority of the world population thinks your wrong?

That makes you the minority that doesn't get it.. :P

"Time For Bed said Zebbidi"

G'nite all

vidcc
12-01-2004, 12:37 AM
i wonder what percentage of Iraqis "don't get it"

3RA1N1AC
12-01-2004, 04:10 AM
the people of fallujah apparently don't get the bush administration's responsibility to maintain an aggressive defense. an offensive defense, in a manner of speaking. "submit to our defense, damn you!!!"

edit: :P :P :P

dwightfry
12-01-2004, 04:54 PM
How I see it...

Terrorism is like a gigantic chinese finger trap. The harder we pull, the the more they hold us. Pre-emptive attacks may work on a central government, but there is no way to hold a pre-emptive attack on indivisuals. Poor decisions and planning (Iraq), hypochracy (Iraq), and sheer cockyness (Iraq) just makes their grip harder to penetrate because their ideas of us are proven right in their eyes. Indivisuals will just keep on coming. I realize this is inevitable no matter what we do, but things like that just make it worse. There is only one way to get out of a finger trap when all your fingers are stuck. Someone else's help. It doesn't make those countries better than us or stronger than us, if anything it treats them as our equal as we should. Unfortunatly our poor decisions, hypochracy, and cockyness has had the same effect on our possible allies that it has on our obvious enemies. Obviously, that's not good. If we had taken the best actions, the grip would be loosened. We would be safer because then a majority of the world would be against the terrorists rather than ourselves.

I get it. It's crystal clear.

Rat Faced
12-02-2004, 09:48 PM
That has to be a good way of looking at it...

However, i wonder how many Republicans know what a chinese finger trap is?

:whistling

Arm
12-03-2004, 03:06 AM
I know how to make napalm. Mix styrofoam with gas, after that's all mixed together, mix in some oil. Mix for a while, throw it on something, ignite, and watch it burn for hours.
:huh: Sounds familar. *go looks for my copy of the Anarchists Cookbook* :book:

If you pulled that recipe out of the Anarchist Cookbook, or got the recipe from someone who pulled it out of the Anarchists cookbook, I wouldnt trust it. ;)