PDA

View Full Version : Just got fired from my job!

worldpease
11-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Hi guys, remember me?
Six monts ago I got a Job on a Refurbishing Electronics factory...
from the start, I noticed that things wheren´t right, (like, no ealth ensurance,
sanitary deficiencies, execive and obligaroty working turns, an extremely volatile Propietary)...
I entered as one of the designers, but recently I was ascended to Shief Of Stoc Department.
Since then, I´ve had more contact with the owner of the factory, (whom I mentioned earlyer), and he had never deared to scream to me or use bad language, but a few hours ago, I made amistake, I admit it...
he started screaming a saying things, so, as I had always said, I would not stand it... everyone else does it cus they NEED the job, even the general Manager, (that was allways a nice and very helpful boss)... but not me, i don´t need that kind of treatment, so, He fired me.

I know a lot of things that many of the factorys clients wouldn´t like,
I know stuff, and I could, if not sink them, may be make some noice, if you get my meaning...
I could get some post in some of the newspapers or TVNews here in Mexico.
Or I could just leave it like it is.

What do you think?
Should I do something?

sArA
11-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Although I can understand your annoyance...I speak from experience of workplace bullies although mine behave differently, the effect is the same.

However, as you said, some people there need the job and would suffer more if the company was to go to the wall or lose orders.

Going public can have several effects, yes you might gain some publicity, but a whistle blower can find it difficult to get another job, even if they were right to tell. You would need to have nerves of steel to cope with the inevitable law suits, and all the other shit.

I guess its your call, depends how bad it really is there, and only you know that. I would just say fuck em, get another job, but always warn people you know not to work there.

DanB
11-30-2004, 02:21 AM
don't worry mate, I started a new job toady and got the sack after 2,5 hours :lol:

cpt_azad
11-30-2004, 05:17 AM
lol, danb ur my idol :lol:

worldpease
11-30-2004, 05:31 AM
Wow Sara...
You know something?, That´s pretty good advice from you,
and I mean it, you have some very good points there.
you´vehelped me to take a dessicion, and I feel pretty good with my self
cus I also think that´s the right course of action...
¨This chapter just ended, a new and exciting one has started¨, my father told me...
Than you Sara, and you too guys,
you certanly make this easy to go trough...

manker
11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Although I can understand your annoyance...I speak from experience of workplace bullies although mine behave differently, the effect is the same.

However, as you said, some people there need the job and would suffer more if the company was to go to the wall or lose orders.

Going public can have several effects, yes you might gain some publicity, but a whistle blower can find it difficult to get another job, even if they were right to tell. You would need to have nerves of steel to cope with the inevitable law suits, and all the other shit.

I guess its your call, depends how bad it really is there, and only you know that. I would just say fuck em, get another job, but always warn people you know not to work there.Excellent advice, Sara.

It seems as if the forum news about jobs went from being all positive to the exact opposite. Dan was very unfairly treated :dry:

Good for you, Worldpease, for not sucking up to that insecure little man in your account. Doormats never get anywhere but as Sara says, it is unwise to be take this attitude too far in the opposite direction.

Good luck for the future. Dan and Sara too.

Vargas
11-30-2004, 01:56 PM
and apply for unemployment :-)

manker
11-30-2004, 02:06 PM
Yes, you wouldn't want to rock the boat. Bullies should get away with whatever they want, particularly if there are potential job losses at stake.

Keep quiet, move on and let other people go thro' it for themselves. You know it makes sense.Did you read the original post.

The bully was stood up to. Sara was advising that Worldpease should not go to the newspapers and make a trouble for the firm incase it affected his future employment chances. Given that Worldpease admitted he was in the wrong in the first place I believe this is sage advice.

It's all very well to have principles but one also has to feed the family. A happy medium is the ticket, in this case it's standing up to the bully but also making sure that an arse of oneself isn't made in the local press ;)

Rat Faced
11-30-2004, 02:35 PM
What happened to the spirit of those Men of Harlech? :(