PDA

View Full Version : Ffs!!!!

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 10:04 AM
What is it with relatives? :frusty:

Ok so my grandad is a lovely old boy, full of moans and groans and has had every physical complaint you can think of, if you've had it, he's had it worse, I mean ffs he takes these pills which make him shake but stop him feeling sick, then he take diazapan to stop him shaking but it makes him sick :frusty:
Anyway, every once in a while he'll call me and ask if I'll go clear the garden, leaves etc, I also do some gardening for him thru the summer.
So he rang me the other day asking if I could, I said I dunno considering my current physical condition, then his voice dropped into a sad "Ok it's just nice to have a clean garden", instant guilt trip, I said I'd call him back before the w/e, so now in the last 24 hours he has called 17 times :frusty:
Funny thing is I have 8 cousins, 3 of which are under 18 and live closer to him and would probably love a couple of hours work just before xmas (he tries to pay me but I never take it), ok so I usually do it, trouble is I don't think I physically can, I'm still limping ffs, sleepless nights thru pain and shit, yet when I want some help everyone is busy.
When I moved house 4 years ago 2 of us done it buy oversized wheelbarrow.......why? 3 reasons
1: No access to van or car
2: No money to hire van or car
3: Not 1 member of my family said they could help, all of a sudden too busy, yet I gotta drop whatever I'm doing and rush to help anyone else, I'm sorry but am I the only person who thinks that sucks?
So anyway, I guess 2morrow I'll have no choice but to clear his garden cos them useless twat cousins of mine are too fucking idol and I'll probably suffer the w/e for it and just listen to my grandad telling me how it was'nt my dads fault but my mums cos she was playing away, thats why my folks split up, jesus don'tt you fucking hate families, wish they'd just fuck off and leave me alone...........well they do unless they want something :dry:

Ok thats my rant for the day :ph34r: , I'm going work, have a good day all :)

Jonno :cool:

TheDave
12-02-2004, 11:07 AM
you're limping? what i miss?

Cheese
12-02-2004, 11:24 AM
you're limping? what i miss?

You read that? :unsure:

Afronaut
12-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Maybe he likes you and wants your company.

Perhaps it's not just about the garden.

Phone the old chap, let him know when you are coming and take some nice wee cakes with you.

I suspect the same.

Some older ppl should be not left alone for too long.
A regular call to ask "whats going down" should helpa lot on
the demands regarding the gardening.

:)

Illuminati
12-02-2004, 01:28 PM
Sounds a lot like what's already been said - If it's about getting just you to do it, tell them that they have other family that could help as well (although a little gentler nach). However, if it's about seeing you rather than your handiwork, as has been said, then you can leave the tools and just catch up with the old man :) And depending on his preferences, bring along some tea or a bottle of whisky to wash down those cakes :)

As for the other relatives, they may be taking a free ride in terms of labour - They may be family, but (as long as its not overboard) putting your foot down & telling them that help's a two-way relationship should hopefully sort that out.

Me & my brother are like that - We will get stuff and stuff done for each other via our own methods, and will help each other out whether it's gladly or reluctantly (depending on moods and what each of us has planned). If either can't help the other due to a good reason, then we'll accept it and just help the next time.

And chances are that we have a go at each other a damn sight more than most feuding siblings - He may be my brother but he's still an arsehole (and I expect he feels the same about me ;)).

Afronaut
12-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Funny youmention the Brother thing.

My brother and I didnt get a long at all before we got over 20 y.o.
When we had our own places tolive the life etc. things been really smooth ever since.

I think the issue is not to see each other toomuch.

Same goes pretty much to my sisters too, hehe.

I use to really piss 'em off with my constant guitar playing,
I can understand that but i just wanted to play anyways.

:)

lynx
12-02-2004, 01:52 PM
You should be careful with that gardening, Jonno.

You could give yourself a hernia. :whistling

lynx
12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Lynx = Cruel Git
Cruel? Moi?

I was simply giving him a little friendly advice. :P

Rat Faced
12-02-2004, 02:20 PM
And when you finish his, I have a couple you can help with Jonno :rolleyes:

TheDave
12-02-2004, 03:31 PM
group hernia? and you didn't wait for me? thanks guys :dry:

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 07:42 PM
@Lynx......... :lol: Thanks very much , I'll remember that next time I'm lifting a boat too :lol:

@The general opinion: You say he wants to see me, yes I'm sure he does, unfortunately from the 3 children he had, they all spawned 2 kids (cept my dad who has a 6 y/o son) all about the same age pretty much, but me and my sister were always excluded and kinda the runts of the family, dunno why, maybe they did'nt like my mum, who cares, the point is last time I went to my grandads (who btw is the last grandparent I have) he was telling me all about how my mum cheated on my dad (they split up 8 years ago, the day before my 19th birthday, Dad left mum for another woman), this kinda hurt me, anyone else I would have flattened him for what he was saying about my mum, but what do you do? Sit there and agree? sit there and be quiet?
Not a comfortable situation really, so you see my predicament, yes I respect him he's my grandfather, but I don't like going round there.

Afronaut
12-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Been in similar situation.
And it does make one think "what im gonna hear today?"
whilst taking the trip over there.

But, why do they tell things like that? Thats on question I wonder sometimes.
For example, If i went to see someone and evrything was cool before,
and they tell some "news" from the past that really dont matter or make a
difference except annoy me, whats the point telling those news?

IRL-Trolling?

:D

Well, I guess its some sorta bonding thing (James Bond ehehe),
a mark of knowledge or whatever subconscious stuff...

Lilmiss
12-02-2004, 08:18 PM
I haven't visited my Nana, in about 6 months.
I feel awful about it as she only lives up the road, but I'm scared to go after so long. (she has a Grannypaddle, which is far worse than a pokey stick. eeeekk!!!)
Stupid thing is I love her loads, and I know she won't be here forever.

I'll make an effort to visit her, if you go see him.
/shifts blame onto Jonno. :shifty:

Rat Faced
12-02-2004, 08:24 PM
You say he wants to see me, yes I'm sure he does, unfortunately from the 3 children he had, they all spawned 2 kids (cept my dad who has a 6 y/o son)

I think your grammer and spelling are marvelous for a 6 year old, however i must point out that the minimum age for this forum is 13...
:angry:

Rat Faced
12-02-2004, 08:25 PM
I haven't visited my Nana, in about 6 months.
I feel awful about it as she only lives up the road, but I'm scared to go after so long. (she has a Grannypaddle, which is far worse than a pokey stick. eeeekk!!!)
Stupid thing is I love her loads, and I know she won't be here forever.

I'll make an effort to visit her, if you go see him.
/shifts blame onto Jonno. :shifty:

Do so Lilmiss... dont make the mistake that i did with my Granma and keep putting it off
:no: :crying:

Lilmiss
12-02-2004, 08:26 PM
however i

Spade? :D

I should. :unsure:
Not long after my Grandpops dies, she broke her hip and since then has refused to leave the house. I'm dreading going to see her again. :ermm:

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 09:28 PM
I think your grammer and spelling are marvelous for a 6 year old, however i must point out that the minimum age for this forum is 13...
:angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Tosser :P

@lilmiss....... Go see her , I missed the chance with my mums nan, she always wanted a grandson but died abou 6 months before I was born, I also did'nt go see my great gran cos it was "uncool and boring" then suffered for a long time with guilt when she died.
I do see my grandad, but I am the dogsbody, can't give any dirty jobs to the others cos they clever high earning people , people to be proud of etc, thats the way I see it anyway.
A few years ago there was a family xmas dinner at an expensive restraunt, there was nan, grandad, my dad and step mum, my brother, my 4 cousins 2 aunts and 2 uncles.
Me and my sister heard about this dinner 2 weeks after it happend.
Families are'nt worth a toss :)

@JP...... No he would take major offence and tell me about how he might not be here next xmas (which he's been telling me since I was 12, give me card early "Incase I don't quite make xmas")

Lilmiss
12-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Go see her

You don't understand.
She owns a grannypaddle. http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Lynne1977uk/argh.gif

Anyways, wench. I want a summary of tat cd. :dry: ;)

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Anyways, wench. I want a summary of tat cd. :dry: ;)

:lol: Loud!!....Fast!!......Need to be stoned to listen :lol:
Fragle rock is just cool :01:
I lmao when I heard I believe I can fly, I was like "THATS hwo to sing a fucking song" :01:
And the general carnival feel :01: I done a copy for a workmate, trying to educate him cos he likes that tecshit stuff :lol:
He liked it, wants some more :lol:

Lilmiss
12-02-2004, 10:27 PM
He liked it, wants some more

Well, now I have this Cd uploady thing, I can do more. :01:

If you like Me First, I shall compile a whole cd for ya.
They only do covers, you gotta hear, "I will walk 5000 miles", fecking sweet. :D

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Like you first? :blink:

You mean I gotta be nice? :dry:

Ohhhhh the baaaaand :frusty: sorry, just twigged :lol:

500 miles was cool, everyone nuts their heads in time with that bird like jerk :D

Lilmiss
12-02-2004, 10:39 PM
just twigged

Meh.....http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Lynne1977uk/th_pokey.gif

EvilLyn......I have teh power of Greyskull!!!1!!
M'whaaha. :devil:

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 10:47 PM
:ohmy: You don't have the power of Greyskull, bugger orf back to Snake Mountain :dry:

You'll like it there :shifty:

Lilmiss
12-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Nope, I have chained up Skeletor in the basement.

Next I plan to tackle that pesky Adam. :ermm: :w00t: :w00t:

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 11:10 PM
You mean the poof with the pink waste coat and purple tights? :lol:

Beware Cringer :01:

Rat Faced
12-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Jonno,

I might not be here next Christmas, will you do my garden for me?

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Yes cos I like you :lol: and you might pay me in beer :shifty:

Aslong as you're not talking bout uphill gadening :dry:

Lilmiss
12-02-2004, 11:38 PM
You better be here next xmas. :crying:

Jon L. Obscene
12-02-2004, 11:53 PM
Actually this place would be a lil scary without him :ph34r: he's one of the few mods who speak our language, or my language anyway :lol:

manker
12-03-2004, 12:01 AM
I started laughing when I read the 'oversized wheelbarrow' thing :D

Feeling a tad sorry for yourself, Jonno.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 12:11 AM
lol, no mate not at all, I feel pretty good :D

Just stating facts so people understand my pov :)

I tell you, wheeling a bloody great 32" tv up the road on an old wooden barrow you feel a complete twat :lol:

manker
12-03-2004, 12:16 AM
You were feeling sorry for yourself, playing the martyr.

I hope you're going to do your Grandad's garden, btw. About time you did something instead of lounging around on the setee.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 12:20 AM
I was not feeling sorry for myself, I was wound up actually.

As for laying round, dude I been back to work a week :rolleyes:

manker
12-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Being wound up and feeling sorry for yourself aren't mutually exclusive.

You call that work :rolleyes:

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 12:44 AM
erm no, I was wound up = angry because I had been woken up by the phone and I'm being pestered, people then started saying about maybe he wants to see me etc I simply explained how it is, I've actually felt pretty good all day so feeling sorry for myself is waaaaaay down the list :rolleyes:

manker
12-03-2004, 12:50 AM
You came across as looking for sympathy. Posting how good you are and how crap your cousins are.

It looks to me as if you were playing the martyr.

It's only my opinion, but I'm right.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 12:53 AM
I don't care how it looks, you don't know my family so how could you possibly judge whether they are "Better" as you put it, than me?

My point is I only get a call from any of them if they want something done cos their too fucking clean cut useless tarts to do it themselfs.
I'll give you another example, I've had bikes for 10 years, many of them, my dad knows nothing about engines but my grandfather was a mechanic, yet he would never help me when I got stuck, he refused to tell me how to do something cos I'd do it wrong , he would'nt let me use his tools and he would'nt do it for me cos I had to learn myself.

Getting the picture yet? :rolleyes:

manker
12-03-2004, 12:58 AM
I don't care how it looks, you don't know my family so how could you possibly judge whether they are "Better" as you put it, than me?You just made that up. I never wrote anything of the sort, please to be quoting or stfuing.

Getting the picture yet?Yup, more wallowing :rolleyes:

Pull yourself together, man.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:01 AM
You just made that up. I never wrote anything of the sort, please to be quoting or stfuing.

Wrong wording, I apologies, but same thing, just different words.

Posting how good you are and how crap your cousins are.

Yup, more wallowing :rolleyes:

Pull yourself together, man.

Not at all, I said it's an example, you're a man of words surely you know what an example is, I simply stated fact if you wish to try and play phycolgist thats upto you but you don't wanna be digging too deep into my mind dude, trust me ;)

And I ain't no pair of curtains :rolleyes:

manker
12-03-2004, 01:05 AM
Wrong wording, I apologies, but same thing, just different words.Yes, different words with polar meanings :blink:

Not at all, I said it's an example, you're a man of words surely you know what an example is, I simply stated fact if you wish to try and play phycolgist thats upto you but you don't wanna be digging too deep into my mind dude, trust me ;)

And I ain't no pair of curtains :rolleyes:
I am no phycolgist and I don't want to delve into your mind.

I read something that I found a bit OTT and passed comment. I do it all the time.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:10 AM
:rolleyes: sorry I missed an "o" :lol:

What you like mate, I know I's happy as a sandboy atm and couldn't be further from feeling sorry for myself :01:

so ner :P

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:11 AM
:rolleyes: sorry I missed an "o" :lol:

And an 's'.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:12 AM
And a 'h'.

manker
12-03-2004, 01:13 AM
and an 'h'.

Edit: :curses:

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:13 AM
My use of 'a' and 'an'.

Is it an 'h' or a 'h'??

And is an 's' correct?

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:14 AM
And your point is? :rolleyes:

Just wondering if you guys correct people in the way they say something irl?

If you hear a man say "Ain't" do you correct him? or are you not quite that brave? :P

I think I might make a pot noodle :01:

manker
12-03-2004, 01:15 AM
An 's'.

An 'h'.

It's all about pronunciation.

manker
12-03-2004, 01:16 AM

If you hear a man say "Ain't" do you correct him? or are you not quite that brave? :P

We've had this discussion, you were wrong then too.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:18 AM
No we never had this conversation, this is about correcting someone's spelling and grammar, nothing to do with opinion or thoughts.

Would you correct a man how did not pronounce a word correctly?

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:19 AM

Yes, if someone mispronounced "psychologist" I'd probably correct them. :shrug:

What's wrong with "Ain't" btw? :unsure:

manker
12-03-2004, 01:21 AM
No we never had this conversation, this is about correcting someone's spelling and grammar, nothing to do with opinion or thoughts.You asked me if I'd correct a builder's grammar when you were wrong about those screws. We've done this before.

Would you correct a man how did not pronounce a word correctly?FFS, at least make an effort.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:21 AM
@Cheese....You would?.....So then have you?
What was the reaction?

I can pronounce it fine, the fact I can't spell it means fuck all really does'nt it :)

And "Ain't" is not Queens english, you keep on about proper spelling etc, then you should use proper Queens English.
It's some sort of slang/abreviation for "Am Not"

@Manker... And I proved you wrong there, you would get your head caved in, simple as that.

manker
12-03-2004, 01:27 AM
@Manker... And I proved you wrong there, you would get your head caved in, simple as that.I agreed with you, that I would not correct their slang as the meaning would be conveyed correctly given the context of a builders yard and the object of a screw.

So far from you proving me wrong, I skillfully demonstrated that your point was wholly irrelevant to the argument and in fact augmented my own stance.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:31 AM
@Cheese....You would?.....So then have you?
What was the reaction?

I can pronounce it fine, the fact I can't spell it means fuck all really does'nt it :)

I think most people that I correct on their pronunciation are glad of my help.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:33 AM
My point is I think it's pathetic the way some people have to correct people's spelling all the time, like I said to you, not everyone went/goes to university, not everyone gets the chance, certain people here use it as some sort of weapon because they can't think of a decnt reply, to mock someone for something they can't help is a sign of some form of insecurity.

I speak, spell and puntuate how I remember being taught, you got a problem with that take it up with the british education board.
And until you correct someone you don't really know in real life to their face because they pronounce something wrong I suggest you don't do it online.

Thats my opinion :)

@Cheese ...... I somehow doubt that, not in the way it's done.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:37 AM
@Cheese ...... I somehow doubt that, not in the way it's done.

I don't care how it looks, you don't know my family so how could you possibly judge whether they are "Better" as you put it, than me?

I don't care what you think, you don't know me so how could you possibly judge whether I do something or not in real life?

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:40 AM
I was talking about online, what I see and read.

Maybe you should ask the people you correct if they are happy with it, it's not nice people correcting you all the time, it's like having a disfigurement and people starring, same priciple, no one gives a shit how clever you are. Personally if I want to be corrected I ask to be corrected "did I spell that right?" for example.

manker
12-03-2004, 01:41 AM
I don't have any problem at all with pronunciation.

I have a particularly strong Welsh accent and when I first meet people it is often difficult for them to understand me unless I speak slowly.

Nothing wrong with that.

I seldom correct people for grammar and spelling on here. Unless it's Cheese or J'Pol - both of whom write better than me. I highlighted your word earlier because I wasn't 100% sure what you meant but wanted to use it in refuting your assertion.

So what's your point again?

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:45 AM
I highlighted your word earlier because I wasn't 100% sure what you meant but wanted to use it in refuting your assertion.

:lol: :lol: You bloody liar, if you could'nt figure out what that word was then it's you that needs to go back to school :lol:

What else could it have been in that context *off goes manker to dictionary to find a word no one's ever heard of* :lol:

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:45 AM
I was talking about online, what I see and read.

Maybe you should ask the people you correct if they are happy with it, it's not nice people correcting you all the time. It's like having a disfigurement and people staring, same priniciple, no one gives a shit how clever you are. Personally if I wanted to be corrected I'd ask to be corrected "did I spell that right?", for example.

If you're going to spell things as badly as you spelt psychologist then I would expect people to pick you up on it. I get picked up on my spelling all the time here, just this morning someone had a go at me for some dire punctuation.

I don't cry about it though, thus creating an argument where there was none.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Who was it Cheese? What was the correction?
How was it said?

See it's not about simply correcting, it's about trying to make yourself look bigger, I'm afraid round my way you can be as qualified as you like but it wont do you any good cos it's experience round here that's needed.

manker
12-03-2004, 01:50 AM
:lol: :lol: You bloody liar, if you could'nt figure out what that word was then it's you that needs to go back to school :lol:

What else could it have been in that context *off goes manker to dictionary to find a word no one's ever heard of* :lol:

Jonno :cool:You spelled the word horrendously, it could have been anything.

Physiologist, Physicist, Psychedelic etc The list is actually quite long.

I'm not lying. That is why I highlighted that word.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:52 AM
Who was it Cheese? What was the correction?
How was it said?

See it's not about simply correcting, it's about trying to make yourself look bigger, I'm afraid round my way you can be as qualified as you like but it wont do you any good cos it's experience round here that's needed.

I mentioned that you'd missed two letters out and you threw a hissy fit, typical Jonno stylee.

As for qualifications and experience I'm at a loss to understand their relevance. I'm 27, and have worked all my life until now when I have gone back to University. So you could say I have both, so I guess round your way I would be quite comfortable.

manker
12-03-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm afraid round my way you can be as qualified as you like but it wont do you any good cos it's experience round here that's needed.
Qualifications mean fuck all in Sheringham. You heard it here first.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:54 AM
But in that context it could'nt have meant anything but what I meant, and you doid know cos you answered.

Cheese jumped in simply for a chance to show off his supirior education :rolleyes:

I'll make it simple for you, I......Me......Jonno, not fucking Junno, thats simply a very offensive insult and you know it, I!! do not wanna be corrected on my spelling or grammar unless I ask for it or it's done in jest like JP does etc.

I mean this place is basically turning into a "Who can type the best" forum, this is one of the reasons I said new members don't stay, they come in, get the piss taken out of them for spelling or being a n00b and they go again.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:55 AM
Anyhow this conversation is boring me now.

To show that I'm actually quite prone to mistakes myself here is my English essay which I handed in recently. See if you can spot the error that is going to make me look like a prat when my tutor marks my work.

Colonial thinking is very much represented by the character of Crusoe whilst the opposing view that slavery is immoral is brought forward by the speech in the Aphra Behn passage.

!8th Century views on these issues were very different from our own so it is important to address these when discussing novels of the time. Crusoe’s actions may seem immoral to the modern reader but to Defoe and his contemporaries there is no question that he is acting rightfully.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:56 AM
Qualifications mean fuck all in Sheringham. You heard it here first.

No they don't, I'm serious, why do you think people travel and move to the city? this is a very small town with shops, pubs and a couple of garages (trained on site mechanics, not in college). and builders, and if you walk on site with a certificate you can bet it will be nailed to your lunchbox by the end of the day.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 01:57 AM
But in that context it could'nt have meant anything but what I meant, and you doid know cos you answered.

Cheese jumped in simply for a chance to show off his supirior education :rolleyes:

I didn't jump in to show off my education. I just noticed you'd missed off a couple of letters, light ribbing at best.

I don't need to show off, I know everyone thinks I is teh greatest.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 01:57 AM
is going to make me look like a prat when my tutor marks my work.

Now maybe you're starting to understand a little, no?

manker
12-03-2004, 01:58 AM
Don't call me a doid.

Why is spelling your name 'Junno' offensive :blink:

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Now maybe you're starting to understand a little, no?

I will look like an idiot for not checking my work. Such a simple error could have easily been avoided by proof reading. I fully recommend it.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:00 AM
Because I said it is. It's as simple as that really.

Whats a doid? :huh:

manker
12-03-2004, 02:03 AM
No they don't, I'm serious, why do you think people travel and move to the city? this is a very small town with shops, pubs and a couple of garages (trained on site mechanics, not in college). and builders, and if you walk on site with a certificate you can bet it will be nailed to your lunchbox by the end of the day.If you're not exagerating, you live in Royston Vasey.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:03 AM
I will look like an idiot for not checking my work. Such a simple error could have easily been avoided by proof reading. I fully recommend it.

Ah so you are gonna look like a idiot and feel like a prat becase you made a mistake?

Then keep that in mind when you correct people's spelling and grammar :)

Simply trying to help you considering you obviously have no idea how people feel about it, if I said I was dislexic I would imagine you'd feel pretty bad, I'm not, simply bad at spelling , just trying to help you see something maybe you'd never thought of, I'm not just speaking for myself believe me.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:06 AM
If you're not exagerating, you live in Royston Vasey.

No I'm not, you could be qualified in law or accountancy or something, would'nt do you any good round here cos there's enough to cover, can't remember the last time we had a new Barrister in town and acountants here are 10 a penny, I know several who work in the factories or shops, earn less than I do yet went to college, simply don't wanna leave their home I guess.

I dunno how big you think my town is, it's about 3 miles square and 1/2 of that is woodland and fields.

manker
12-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Because I said it is. It's as simple as that really.

Whats a doid? :huh:

Learn to live with it, Junno.

If there is one thing that is guarenteed to perpetuate a nuance, it is by drawing attention to it. By the way, it is often considered incorrect to start a sentence with 'because' - just a little pointer there ;)

I don't kniow what a doid is, you called me it in a previous post.

manker
12-03-2004, 02:10 AM
No I'm not, you could be qualified in law or accountancy or something, would'nt do you any good round here cos there's enough to cover, can't remember the last time we had a new Barrister in town and acountants here are 10 a penny, I know several who work in the factories or shops, earn less than I do yet went to college, simply don't wanna leave their home I guess.

I dunno how big you think my town is, it's about 3 miles square and 1/2 of that is woodland and fields.

:lol: :lol:

Could you get me a dozen accountants, I need some cheap labour to do some photocopying.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:11 AM
Ah so you are gonna look like a idiot and feel like a prat becase you made a mistake?

Then keep that in mind when you correct people's spelling and grammar :)

Simply trying to help you considering you obviously have no idea how people feel about it, if I said I was dislexic I would imagine you'd feel pretty bad, I'm not, simply bad at spelling , just trying to help you see something maybe you'd never thought of, I'm not just speaking for myself believe me.

If you said you were dyslexic I'd tell you to use a spell-checking program. No excuse not to really with all the programs available.

You've just blown a small jibe out of the water because it was me that made the comment.

I'm certainly not going to throw a hissy fit when my tutor comments on my use of a "!" instead of a "1".

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:11 AM
No , I don't like it and you'll simply get abuse back for using it and rapidly lose my respect.

Simple as that.

Anyone who does call me that in my eyes has no respect for me.

Comic_Peddler
12-03-2004, 02:12 AM

Hillbilly Jonno

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:12 AM
kniow

Get out of this thread. :angry:

manker
12-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Get out of this thread. :angry:<insert 3 page argument here>

If you start misspelling my name as well, I'll display just how seriously I take myself :sulk:

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:15 AM
If you said you were dyslexic I'd tell you to use a spell-checking program. No excuse not to really with all the programs available.

You've just blown a small jibe out of the water because it was me that made the comment.

I'm certainly not going to throw a hissy fit when my tutor comments on my use of a "!" instead of a "1".

What planet are you on man? I'm making a point thats been bugging me a while, I said I don't wanna be corrected yet you still do it, it's simply a wind up and shows how small minded you can be.

Trouble is, it ain't winding me up, I'm simply making my points, why do you say I've blown it out of proportion?
I made a post, it was replied to, I replied to that, how is it out of proportion, I'm giving you my opinion and asking for my wishes to be followed.

And telling a dyslexic to get a spell check is a bit sick if you ask me, I'm sorry I would'nt have the heart to do that, those who are know, they don't need to be told to get a spellchecker.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:17 AM
<insert 3 page argument here>

If you start misspelling my name as well, I'll display just how seriously I take myself :sulk:

Shut it munker.

manker
12-03-2004, 02:18 AM
No , I don't like it and you'll simply get abuse back for using it and rapidly lose my respect.

Simple as that.

Anyone who does call me that in my eyes has no respect for me.

Diddums.

Do you realise how it looks when you strop like this. I thought the literal kickings may have hit home before now, especially that one in t'drawing room.

It makes me laugh tho' - I'll probably keep baiting you :D

manker
12-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Shut it munker.
No , I don't like it and you'll simply get abuse back for using it and rapidly lose my respect. :strop:

Simple as that. :strop:

Anyone who does call me that in my eyes has no respect for me. :strop:

munker :cool:

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:22 AM
So you're quite happy to insult me?

Fair enough :)

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:22 AM
And telling a dyslexic to get a spell check is a bit sick if you ask me, I'm sorry I would'nt have the heart to do that, those who are know, they don't need to be told to get a spellchecker.

What advice would you give someone with literacy problems then? Just try their best?

I use Google to check the spelling of words I'm unsure of, which I'm sure others do as well (or something similar).

Good strop though Junno, I think your spelling is quite good for the twelve-year-old you obviously are.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:25 AM
I would'nt give advice unless asked for.

I'm not that insultive :)

And I'm afraid to tell you guys that I ain't got no strop, it appears I give my view and I'm stroppy, you give yours and you're debating :blink: Weirdo's :rolleyes:

Anyone wanna smoke? :01:

manker
12-03-2004, 02:25 AM
What advice would you give someone with literacy problems then? Just try their best?:lol: :lol:

Also, I check my spelling all the time with Google. Probably every third post or something.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:27 AM
How would you know if they wanted advice though?

They might not be able to spell 'advice'...

(That's a joke btw, not a serious point.)

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:28 AM
Thats a sick joke :sick:

Not as good as the Borg one tho :ph34r:

Comic_Peddler
12-03-2004, 02:28 AM
No , I don't like it and you'll simply get abuse back for using it and rapidly lose my respect. :strop:

Simple as that. :strop:

Anyone who does call me that in my eyes has no respect for me. :strop:

munker :cool:

STFU Minkcoat.

:-P

manker
12-03-2004, 02:30 AM
And I'm afraid to tell you guys that I ain't got no strop, it appears I give my view and I'm stroppy, you give yours and you're debating Weirdo's
Someone misspells your name on purpose and you go mental with teh replys, taking yourself oh so seriously.

Someone misspells mine and I take the piss out of myself.

Can you see the difference.

In case you can't, the difference is that you're pulling a strop and I'm not.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:30 AM
:-P

There's no - for the :P smilie here, get it right or you'll get wrong and be given advice on dyslexic spellcheckers :huh:

Comic_Peddler
12-03-2004, 02:31 AM
There's no - for the :P smilie here, get it right or you'll get wrong and be given advice on dyslexic spellcheckers :huh:

In my best Rosie Perez imitation:

I's spells good an' sum junk.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:32 AM
Someone misspells your name on purpose and you go mental with teh replys, taking yourself oh so seriously.

Someone misspells mine and I take the piss out of myself.

Can you see the difference.

In case you can't, the difference is that you're pulling a strop and I'm not.

No, the Joto made me laugh and I called you a wanker in jest (altho you could'nt hear it :ermm: ) it's that spelling, just that one, you can call me anything you like, I been called everything you can think of, I don't like being called that and there's another spelling I don't like but none of you know that one :P

manker
12-03-2004, 02:32 AM
STFU Minkcoat.

:-PAre you trying to ply me with pre-cyber gifts :kiss: :flowers:

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:33 AM
I hear from my friends with TV's that there is some sort of spelling bee program on TV at the moment. What's that all about? And can I go on it?

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:34 AM
Mink is the finest chinaware on earth, it's so sexy :wub: The curves of the plates and saucers *sigh* :01:

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:35 AM
I hear from my friends with TV's that there is some sort of spelling bee program on TV at the moment. What's that all about? And can I go on it?

Test the nations spelling, there's been a test the nation (enter subject here) prog running for about 4 months, I'm fucking great at Music :01:

manker
12-03-2004, 02:35 AM
No, the Joto made me laugh and I called you a wanker in jest (altho you could'nt hear it :ermm: ) it's that spelling, just that one, you can call me anything you like, I been called everything you can think of, I don't like being called that and there's another spelling I don't like but none of you know that one :P

Yay. A non-stroppy answer.

It made absolutely no sense but at least you've pulled yourself out of the self pity/strop theme that has made this thread so entertaining for me.

I'll probably stop replying now :mellow:

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:38 AM
I'm gonna fuckin clout you in a minute :dry:
I's not in a strop nor self pittying, if it looked that way then it's looked at wrong, I been in a fantastic mood all day cos I'm so great :01:

And my answer makes perfect sense to me :D

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:40 AM
Fucks sake.

My first night sober in bleedin' ages and I can't sleep.

But as soon as I look at the book* I'm supposed to read tomorrow I feeling drowsy...:blink:

*Pamela by Samuel Richardson.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Anderson? You're not reading her new biography are you? :ermm: Pervert :dry:

I'm curently reading The Exorcist........well by reading I mean watching :ph34r:

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:44 AM
Anderson? You're not reading her new biography are you? :ermm: Pervert :dry:

I'm curently reading The Exorcist........well by reading I mean watching :ph34r:

This Pamela could easily be argued to be the exact opposite of Pamela Anderson. Understandably this make the novel the most boring I have ever read. If I ever see the word 'virtue' again I'm going to stab myself in the face.

manker
12-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Virtue.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Unlit Marlboro Lights are not the best stabbing implements...

manker
12-03-2004, 02:53 AM
Try opening your eye really wide and stabbing it in there slowly but firmly.

Btw, Marlboro Lights!!!1111

The most expensive ciggie going, are you selling tawdry webcam cyber to gay pensioners again :dry:

Cheese
12-03-2004, 02:57 AM

The most expensive ciggie going, are you selling tawdry webcam cyber to gay pensioners again :dry:

I am now that you gave me that brilliant idea. :smilie:

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 03:11 AM

After lighting it :01:

btw Marlboro Lights are a woofters smoke :P or ladies smoke, you might as well buy menthols :P

Anyway, I'm bored with you 2 ungly barstards :01:

Thankyou gentlemen, pleasure as always :whistling

I'm going to bed to watch some movie of some sort, maybe Blade Runner :01: Yeah sounds like a plan, night all :)

btw Cheese........ Virtue :P

Illuminati
12-03-2004, 01:48 PM
I'm going to bed to watch some movie of some sort, maybe Blade Runner :01: Yeah sounds like a plan, night all :)

Great choice :cool: Shame it takes the darkness a little too far :unsure:

You got the original or the Director's Cut, Jonno? :)

Mathea
12-03-2004, 02:18 PM

Marlboro Lights are the most expensive smoke there? :blink:

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:26 PM
@Ill... Directors Cut :)

@Mathea..... No they are'nt, St.Moritz are more expensive, £5 upwards depending where you get them from for 20.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 02:58 PM
:huh:

Cheese
12-03-2004, 03:08 PM
That is all.

Jon L. Obscene
12-03-2004, 03:13 PM
That is all.

Fuck me man, that's what I posted then changed my mind :ph34r:

manker
12-03-2004, 04:01 PM
I have t'influenceFFS. Are you a mentalist, at all.

That's just typing pish.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 04:02 PM
FFS. Are you a mentalist, at all.

That's just typing pish.

Why do you guys hate question marks so much? :(

manker
12-03-2004, 04:05 PM
J'Pol hates them, I think they are useful.

I use them when I want an answer but since I know practically everything and use rhetoric in every other post, this occurs infrequently.

Do you see.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 04:07 PM
J'Pol hates them, I think they are useful.

I use them when I want an answer but since I know practically everything and use rhetoric in every other post, this occurs infrequently.

Do you see.

Are you entirely sure of the meaning of 'rhetoric'? :unsure:

manker
12-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Yes.

Cheese
12-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Just checking.

manker
12-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks, Chief.

Cheese