PDA

View Full Version : Uploads Taking Up Too Much Bandwidth

Iceflow
03-30-2003, 09:41 AM
why all of a sudden do my uploads take up most of my bandwidth? They never used to. I have poorly connected 56 k @31.06 so I need as much as I can get.

Heres an example:
Before: D/l [email protected] [email protected]
Now: D/l @.06 U/l @ 2.9

Please help me cos I want to continue sharing my files!!!

ezyryder
03-30-2003, 10:16 AM
I think there is a setting on kazaa to tell how much bandwidth is used. However, first try this disable filesharing restart kazaa then test your average download speed and then if it is restored try again to share and hopefuly the upload speed will be the lower of the two. Sorry to those if I sound greedy, but a 56k'er would be understandable not to share, I mean if you have anything higher I think you should share but any lower nah.

Lamsey
03-30-2003, 12:10 PM
You need to limit outgoing bandwidth in K-Lite (under k-lite options--->Traffic) to 16.

You should also limit the number of outgoing connections to 1, because you'll only be able to share at about 2KB/s with this setting (ie. 16 kilobits/s = 2 kilobytes/s) - it's not really worth uploading at speeds under 1 KB/s.

Crack_man
03-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@30 March 2003 - 13:10
You need to limit outgoing bandwidth in K-Lite (under k-lite options--->Traffic) to 16.

You should also limit the number of outgoing connections to 1, because you'll only be able to share at about 2KB/s with this setting (ie. 16 kilobits/s = 2 kilobytes/s) - it's not really worth uploading at speeds under 1 KB/s.
It can be worth to upload if itīs just a picture cuz they can be very small.

Wizzandabe
03-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ezyryder@30 March 2003 - 10:16
I think there is a setting on kazaa to tell how much bandwidth is used. However, first try this disable filesharing restart kazaa then test your average download speed and then if it is restored try again to share and hopefuly the upload speed will be the lower of the two. Sorry to those if I sound greedy, but a 56k'er would be understandable not to share, I mean if you have anything higher I think you should share but any lower nah.
yeas there is.