PDA

View Full Version : Board Busy

RealitY
12-17-2004, 05:53 AM
I dont normally look but is this busier than usual...

Currently Active Users: 53 (21 members and 32 guests)

Rip The Jacker
12-17-2004, 05:56 AM
It feels rather dead at the moment...

RealitY
12-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Well Guests seem high perhaps some of them will register.
Dont remember seeing that many Guset in a while...

cpt_azad
12-17-2004, 07:00 AM
still pretty slow me thinks

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Its the bittorrent section that is making all the guest traffic ;)

manker
12-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Its the bittorrent section that is making all the guest traffic ;)It certainly seems that way.

82 guests at the moment altho' only 10 of those are viewing the 'torrentbits gone??' thread ... Maybe they can't find the Bittorrent section.

Perhaps the subsections to the generic File Sharing discussion should be linked on the main page, like we have for the Post a Poll section.

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2004, 03:36 PM
It certainly seems that way.

82 guests at the moment altho' only 10 of those are viewing the 'torrentbits gone??' thread ... Maybe they can't find the Bittorrent section.

Perhaps the subsections to the generic File Sharing discussion should be linked on the main page, like we have for the Post a Poll section.

Thought of that myself, but there is a limit of characters you can use in the forum description and for those links you need to use HTML and that uses allot of characters.

rookiecrd1
12-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Currently there ar 121 Users online. Looks like google is finnally starting to help out :)

RealitY
12-17-2004, 05:01 PM
Perhaps some of the KL++ redirects is kicking in also. Ide estimate the dl in the thousands now as its still getting grabs. Perhaps its time to open a Guest area again where they can post in between Everything related to this board Guides and Tutorials...

HCT
12-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Currently there ar 121 Users online. Looks like google is finnally starting to help out :)
or maybe the new skin

RealitY
12-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Ya its seems the TB issue is getting traffic...
Currently Active Users: 116 (33 members and 83 guests)

RealitY
12-17-2004, 08:44 PM
I think its deffinatly time to open a Guest area for sure and generate some more traffic for awhile. We can close it again later as most sites do when traffic picks up, but now is the time to to do it...

Currently Active Users: 134 (33 members and 101 guests)

muchspl2
12-17-2004, 09:06 PM
thats a shitload, must be all the torrent site going down

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2004, 09:15 PM
I think its deffinatly time to open a Guest area for sure and generate some more traffic for awhile. We can close it again later as most sites do when traffic picks up, but now is the time to to do it...

Currently Active Users: 134 (33 members and 101 guests)

There is no need for a guest section.

If we add a guest section there will only be threads created about stuff they should ask/post in the correct section (movies/software etc..). what use does it have if we keep replying wrong section blablabla... check this or that section.

If people have questions and wanna post them, they need to register.

I just checked the logs: more guests viewing doesnt mean more people register. Since we changed software there hasnt been an increase of new members, its almost the same every week.

Rick Phlegm
12-17-2004, 09:22 PM
If people have questions and wanna post them, they need to register.
Thing is, if they're all looking for the answer to the same question, they're free to just look in the relevant topic and then never come back.

You should be really cruel and make the filesharing & guide sections invisible to guests. :devil:

jetje
12-17-2004, 10:33 PM
the past 24 hours the net has 100.000 orphans on the net lookin for a new place to stay :\

Altough it's nice to see people lurkin here, i'd rather have that site back up again....

RealitY
12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Well if they just lurk its worse for the site, perhaps close view for Guest and open and area where they can post, although I say leave it open and make an are for them to post also, after all if they can post for a bit they will keep coming back and if it dont work then just close it. Point is I see more Guest and why not encourage them to join in a Guest area.

As for those that say no whats the worst thing this will do ffs, try something ffs...

Rick Phlegm
12-17-2004, 11:07 PM
Exactly. You need some sort of hook so that these people get a feel for the place and want to sign up.

Samurai
12-17-2004, 11:07 PM
:crying: shit! i though this said board pussy. my bad :whistling

muchspl2
12-17-2004, 11:27 PM
I don't like the idea of guest viewing guides.

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2004, 11:32 PM
I don't like the idea of guest viewing guides.

currently they can...

If I could make it so that the forum link is shown but it says you need to register instead of 'there has been no post newer then 2 months' or something like that.

I'm also looking for a way to hide avatars/signatures for guests.

Rick Phlegm
12-17-2004, 11:44 PM
Ideally as much information should be hidden from guests as possible, giving them a reason to join. Currently, they can just look at the information they need and disappear.

Also, if you do end up hiding the guides forum, make it obvious that the information is only hidden to guests and not absent completely (some people might actually be stupid enough to think the forum's just empty).

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Also, if you do end up hiding the guides forum, make it obvious that the information is only hidden to guests and not absent completely (some people might actually be stupid enough to think the forum's just empty).

Thats why I wanna find out how to make some sections hidden and add a notice that they need to register to view it.

Rick Phlegm
12-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Thats why I wanna find out how to make some sections hidden and add a notice that they need to register to view it.
Is it possible to make it so that they they can view the thread titles in the forum but not actually access the threads themselves?

{I}{K}{E}
12-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Is it possible to make it so that they they can view the thread titles in the forum but not actually access the threads themselves?

there is no standard option to do this....

RealitY
12-18-2004, 12:06 AM
A Guest Area with a pinned topic could do all that...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

/me is now being a pain in the arse.
:P :P