PDA

View Full Version : Batman VS. Superman

Smith
12-22-2004, 07:13 PM
I dont get why my friends say that batman would win in a fight. and this pisses me off because this is normally the debate topic during our smoking sessions.

batman does not have any super powers. superman is fast like a bullet, strong as hell and could snap batman in half.

what do u think?

ahctlucabbuS
12-22-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't normally think about stuff like this, but

all Bruce Wayne has to do is phone up his fellow big shot businessman Lex Luthor, aquire some kryptonite, get his company to produce some kryptonite bug-spray or something and that's it - easy.

EDIT: That vote was supposed to be for batman, oh well :lol: :rolleyes:

Cheese
12-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Batman.

Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

http://www.literanauta.uchile.cl/batman2.jpg

sArA
12-22-2004, 07:48 PM
You are wrong Mr Cheese....

Superman is Super

Bat man is just Batty :lol:

Mr. Mulder
12-22-2004, 07:51 PM
superman could quite easliy pwn batman, it wouldn't be a fair fight cos superman can move fast and he could just stab batman in the head in the blink of an eye ...now unless batman had a poo load of kryptonite for that 10th of a second, wtf's he gonna do about it? :01:

(prefer batman though)

Ariel_001
12-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Superman !!!

Cheese
12-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Meh...go and read Dark Knight Returns. Batman pwns Superman.

And Dark Knight Strikes Again. Pwns him there as well.

Mr. Mulder
12-22-2004, 08:05 PM
Meh...go and read Dark Knight Returns. Batman pwns Superman.

read it :ph34r:

wtf's batman hitting superman in the picture or anywhere else for that matter? why doesn't he just move out the way really fast like he's supposed to be able to do? :blink: i'll tell you why, it's cos writters and creators want to make money by putting them in the same comics and recive lots of cash from it. If they stuck to their own flucking rules instead of bending them for profit, superman would bend batman over the table and pwn him ...and his ghey little bird too :blink:

Cheese
12-22-2004, 08:16 PM
read it :ph34r:

wtf's batman hitting superman in the picture or anywhere else for that matter? why doesn't he just move out the way really fast like he's supposed to be able to do? :blink: i'll tell you why, it's cos writters and creators want to make money by putting them in the same comics and recive lots of cash from it. If they stuck to their own flucking rules instead of bending them for profit, superman would bend batman over the table and pwn him ...and his ghey little bird too :blink:

He'd weakened him first obviously.

Smith
12-22-2004, 08:18 PM
superman would pick up a car and throw it half way around the world killiing batman instantly.

Cheese
12-22-2004, 08:21 PM
superman would pick up a car and throw it half way around the world killiing batman instantly.

Uh-huh.

Superman doesn't have those kind of powers.

He could pick up the car but he can't throw it that far. Or aim for someone he can't see or has any idea of where he is.

Maybe he'll just aim for Gotham and hope he get's lucky? :unsure:

Cheese
12-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Hah, it's a no contest.

I have much time for the Dark Knight, however he would have no chance against Superman. It would be a one punch fight.

Anyone who argues otherwise is just making a fool of themself.

Sure in a straight fight.

Give Batman time to prepare for Superman and he'll beat him.

It all depends on what sort of fight they have really.

Mr. Mulder
12-22-2004, 08:40 PM
He'd weakened him first obviously.

how? how the fluck would he weaken him first? if batman and superman were in the pub and batman said, right, me, you, outside now, as soon as they were outside and facing each other, superman would pwn him.

Are you saying that batman has weakened him first with special K? cos he's a little girl? :unsure: how else would he get the chance? :01:

Mr. Mulder
12-22-2004, 08:44 PM
*i do prefer batman cos he's darker and suprmans a puff :ermm:

Smith
12-22-2004, 08:45 PM
batman would make a kriptonite gun. but superman is faster than a speeding bullet so he would dodge the bullet or catch it.

bujub22
12-22-2004, 09:17 PM
batman....1 9.09%
Superman..... 10 90.91%
:01:

bujub22
12-22-2004, 09:20 PM
lies :angry:

google fight results (http://www.googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=batman&q2=superman&B1=Make+a+fight%21&compare=1&langue=us)

Cheese
12-22-2004, 09:27 PM
how? how the fluck would he weaken him first? if batman and superman were in the pub and batman said, right, me, you, outside now, as soon as they were outside and facing each other, superman would pwn him.

Are you saying that batman has weakened him first with special K? cos he's a little girl? :unsure: how else would he get the chance? :01:

Shot him with a shitload of electricity as I remember, made him bleed like a little girl.

Your pub scenario is wrong, Batman would go home, look cool for a bit, think of a plan and then go back to the pub and pwn Superman. Then shag Lois Lane.

Mr. Mulder
12-22-2004, 09:57 PM
Shot him with a shitload of electricity as I remember, made him bleed like a little girl.

Your pub scenario is wrong, Batman would go home, look cool for a bit, think of a plan and then go back to the pub and pwn Superman. Then shag Lois Lane.

i agree

exo_body
12-22-2004, 10:20 PM
batman would win.... in both "return of the dark knight" and in "hush" batman kicks supermans ass (he doesnt kill him of course) but in return of the dark knight he could have if he wanted. but then again it all depends on who is writing the story.

Cheese
12-22-2004, 10:55 PM
batman would win.... in both "return of the dark knight" and in "hush" batman kicks supermans ass (he doesnt kill him of course) but in return of the dark knight he could have if he wanted. but then again it all depends on who is writing the story.

I've not read "Hush". Is it any good?

exo_body
12-23-2004, 01:06 AM
yeah i really liked it. go to:
http://www.zcultfm.com/~comic/
they should have the hush saga on it. it features alot of DC characters and the art work is brilliant. i reccomend you read it!

Comic_Peddler
12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
Batman would definately win, as has been shown numerous times before as he has developed ways to take down any superhero should they ever go rogue.

Another reason is because Superman gave Bats some kryptonite for this very same reason. As mention previously, in the Hush storyline, this is how Bats was able to take down Superman.

Cheese
12-23-2004, 01:47 AM
yeah i really liked it. go to:
http://www.zcultfm.com/~comic/
they should have the hush saga on it. it features alot of DC characters and the art work is brilliant. i reccomend you read it!

Perfect cheers exo_body :D

I've been looking for some Batman comics all evening.

tesco
12-23-2004, 02:42 AM
super duper man. :01:

TheDave
12-23-2004, 06:10 AM
superman is dumb as fuck. batman could outsmart him and would probably kill him with wires and lettuce

cpt_azad
12-23-2004, 10:02 AM
lettuce :huh: ?

cpt_azad
12-23-2004, 10:02 AM
i'd say spider man but u guys suck, so i'll go with batman.

manker
12-23-2004, 10:33 AM
i'd say spider manIn a topic about Batman and Superman you'd say Spiderman.

With regard to the topic, Cheese and the other people who are wrong say that Batman would win because he'd prepare a devious plan to pwn him.

That's fine and it might just work.

What if Superman had this contrived time period to prepare to beat an unsuspecting Batman -- obviously Superman would win.

If it was an off the cuff argument - like a ruck in a pub - without time for either to prepare then Superman would win.

If both had time to prepare then Superman would win because as soon as the preparation time began, Superman would fly around to where Batman was and win before Batman had time to prepare.

The correct answer to this poll is that in 1 scenario Batman would win. In the other 3 scenarios Superman would win.

TheDave
12-23-2004, 10:37 AM
superman is dumb, he's never used his brain. he wont know what to do with it.

lettuce, wire. thud! no more superman

Cheese
12-23-2004, 11:02 AM
If both had time to prepare then Superman would win because as soon as the preparation time began, Superman would fly around to where Batman was and win before Batman had time to prepare.

Superman's just not that bright. Plus it would go against his character and relationship with Batman, he'd probably let him prepare because he's an honourable kind of guy.

manker
12-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Superman's just not that bright. Plus it would go against his character and relationship with Batman, he'd probably let him prepare because he's an honourable kind of guy.My supposition was made using the premis that Superman is an avid reader of my posts.

He is the brawn, I'm the brains. A bit like the two older kids in Malcolm in the Middle - except with a hawter Mom.

:blink:

Cheese
12-23-2004, 11:15 AM
My supposition was made using the premis that Superman is an avid reader of my posts.

He is the brawn, I'm the brains. A bit like the two older kids in Malcolm in the Middle - except with a hawter Mom.

:blink:

Batman is a keen reader of my posts and would thus rig the Batcave with Kryponite napalm before rushing off to beat up Spiderman for intruding on this topic earlier.

Then off to Malcolm's house 'cos he's on a roll. Though he does ph34r the mother... :ph34r:

manker
12-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Batman is a keen reader of my posts and would thus rig the Batcave with Kryponite napalm before rushing off to beat up Spiderman for intruding on this topic earlier.

Then off to Malcolm's house 'cos he's on a roll. Though he does ph34r the mother... :ph34r:I've employed Beebop and Rocksteady outside of Superman's residence as bouncers, kryptonite detectors and food tasters; if Batman wants him then he will have to come and get him because I've downloaded 3 series of Voyager for him to watch.

When Batman approaches Beebop will text Superman who will then throw the Batmobile and Batman halfway around the world.

Cheese
12-23-2004, 11:56 AM
I've employed Beebop and Rocksteady outside of Superman's residence as bouncers, kryptonite detectors and food tasters; if Batman wants him then he will have to come and get him because I've downloaded 3 series of Voyager for him to watch.

When Batman approaches Beebop will text Superman who will then throw the Batmobile and Batman halfway around the world.

Batman would, of course, employ Sabrina the Teenage Witch to disguise herself as Shredder and flush out Superman using her magic powers (another Superman weakness).

Batman, meanwhile, would have sewn together Bat-costumes for every single meta-human and they would take down Superman like in the ending of The Three Amigos.

Then it's all round to Wonderwoman's massage parlour for drinks and laughs.

manker
12-23-2004, 01:27 PM
I hadn't thought about Sabrina the Teenage Witch, she would probably pwn Superman :(

Sabrina Vs Malcolm in the Middle's Mom is another story tho' - she may prove to be the secret weapon :knowing wink:

Mr. Mulder
12-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Of course there's no question that Angel (or Angelus for that matter) could quite easliy pwn suprman, batman, malcolms almost hawt mom and sabrina. He wouldn't even need Wes ( :no: :crying: :cry1: ) to find an easy way of doing so, he'd pwn them like he did back in teh day, he'd also look sexomofied walking away after said pwning

http://www.eismausi.de/angel/angel5.jpg

Smith
12-23-2004, 10:57 PM
god u guys can twist up thread topics

Cheese
12-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Of course there's no question that Angel (or Angelus for that matter) could quite easliy pwn suprman, batman, malcolms almost hawt mom and sabrina. He wouldn't even need Wes ( :no: :crying: :cry1: ) to find an easy way of doing so, he'd pwn them like he did back in teh day, he'd also look sexomofied walking away after said pwning

I saw a great thread at IMDB about Blade vrs Angel, went on for quite a few posts (maybe bigger than Bookworld).

I'd say Angelus would win but not Angel... :unsure:

exo_body
12-24-2004, 12:50 AM
oh withcheese, guess what i have..... a whole collection on my computer of cross overs!!! all from the marvel and DC universes! it rocks so much, its got every comic that featured any cross over from the 2 universes!

Rip The Jacker
12-24-2004, 12:54 AM
Meh. While Superman has super strength and stuff, Batman only has his shitty gadgets and handsome butler.

Cheese
12-24-2004, 01:08 AM
Meh. While Superman has super strength and stuff, Batman only has his shitty gadgets and handsome butler.

How long have you fancied Alfred? :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
12-24-2004, 01:11 AM
How long have you fancied Alfred? :unsure:
Not that long. :lol: I never did watch the Batman cartoon much... it was the only descriptive word I could think of at the time, I swear. :ph34r:

Cheese
12-24-2004, 01:16 AM
Not that long. :lol: I never did watch the Batman cartoon much... it was the only descriptive word I could think of at the time, I swear. :ph34r:

Read the comics, they are pretty awesome. The cartoons are enjoyable but they aren't...what's that word? Canon?

Rip The Jacker
12-24-2004, 01:25 AM
I didn't even know Batman was big with comics, I just might check a few out...

Cheese
12-24-2004, 01:29 AM
I didn't even know Batman was big with comics, I just might check a few out...

:ohmy:

I wouldn't know what to suggest reading first. Maybe Knightfall would be a good start, a great series about the downfall of Batman.

There's a lot of comics of Batman though...all available through the various filesharing apps we all know and love. :01:

Cheese
12-24-2004, 01:33 AM
oh withcheese, guess what i have..... a whole collection on my computer of cross overs!!! all from the marvel and DC universes! it rocks so much, its got every comic that featured any cross over from the 2 universes!

I'm downloading a 5gb file from that site you linked me to of Batman comics, looks like there is a lot in there.

Just wish it was easier to read comics on a monitor... :lol:

Rip The Jacker
12-24-2004, 01:35 AM
Eh, this might suck... stupid dial-up.

Cheese
12-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Eh, this might suck... stupid dial-up.

Average comic weighs in at 60-80mb...

Rip The Jacker
12-24-2004, 01:47 AM
Average comic weighs in at 60-80mb...
Thats a bad 4 to 5 hours. :(

Before I start looking, where is the best place to find comics in general? Also, are comics in PDF format or what?

Cheese
12-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Thats a bad 4 to 5 hours. :(

Before I start looking, where is the best place to find comics in general? Also, are comics in PDF format or what?

They can be in PDF format or in another (crb I think) which needs a small comic book reader prog to read them from.

http://www.comic-central.cc/

Mr. Mulder
12-24-2004, 10:03 AM
I saw a great thread at IMDB about Blade vrs Angel, went on for quite a few posts (maybe bigger than Bookworld).

I'd say Angelus would win but not Angel... :unsure:

There's some truth to that, but if Angel had the AI team helping then he'd probably win too :unsure:

Spike probably wouldn't, years ago maybe, but not recent years :ermm:

Mr. Mulder
12-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Blades too girly to fight a vicious vampire like Angelus or Angel (he's still vicious as Angel, look how pissed off he got when fighting Skip for the second time, I think that was the angriest we ever saw him when fighting)

Cheese
12-24-2004, 01:01 PM
There's some truth to that, but if Angel had the AI team helping then he'd probably win too :unsure:

Spike probably wouldn't, years ago maybe, but not recent years :ermm:

I seem to remember Spike in the last series pretty much pwning Angel...

Mr. Mulder
12-24-2004, 03:45 PM
I seem to remember Spike in the last series pretty much pwning Angel...

which was very sad, he was brought in at season 5 and pretty much took over, getting more publicity than David Boreanaz. If they would have stuck to the original lure then Angel could beat him, but not pwn him. It was very sad to see Angel get pwned and beaten to the cup :no: season ones episode In The Dark shows Angel beating Spike when he makes his first appearance, there were also one or two scenes in Buffy (mainly in season 3's lovers walk) that showed the same, Spike was evil and even then he showed too many human weaknesses. Like not wanting to destroy the world like Angelus wanted due to his fondness of manchester united and happy meals, it's almost as if he had part of a soul from the beginning :ermm: (not including the William the bloody days of course :frusty: )

Cheese
12-24-2004, 03:53 PM
which was very sad, he was brought in at season 5 and pretty much took over, getting more publicity than David Boreanaz. If they would have stuck to the original lure then Angel could beat him, but not pwn him. It was very sad to see Angel get pwned and beaten to the cup :no: season ones episode In The Dark shows Angel beating Spike when he makes his first appearance, there were also one or two scenes in Buffy (mainly in season 3's lovers walk) that showed the same, Spike was evil and even then he showed too many human weaknesses. Like not wanting to destroy the world like Angelus wanted due to his fondness of manchester united and happy meals, it's almost as if he had part of a soul from the beginning :ermm: (not including the William the bloody days of course :frusty: )

I would say his time around Buffy made him a much stronger fighter, I mean they did fight a lot so he must have picked up a few skills. Besides, as the episode implied, he wanted it more than Angel.

I watched series 5 before any of the others (have now watched them all because I was impressed*) so I was marking out for Spike. I still think it's right that he won that fight but I think that was Spike's highlight point of the series and he didn't really do much after that.

*I watched series 1-4 back to back...twas awesome.

enoughfakefiles
12-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Maybe angel knew the cup was fake. :ph34r:

Mr. Mulder
12-24-2004, 04:10 PM
I would say his time around Buffy made him a much stronger fighter, I mean they did fight a lot so he must have picked up a few skills. Besides, as the episode implied, he wanted it more than Angel.

I watched series 5 before any of the others (have now watched them all because I was impressed*) so I was marking out for Spike. I still think it's right that he won that fight but I think that was Spike's highlight point of the series and he didn't really do much after that.

*I watched series 1-4 back to back...twas awesome.

It was a completely different show from 1 to 4, then they had season 5 only to end it with NFA which was more like a S1 or 2 ep, which is part of what made it the greatest ending ever :wub:

He did want it more than Angel and the whole sequence and a few events before hand were set up so that we'd root for him, personally I thought he could go fluck him self - he didn't put in nearly as much time as Angel did soul saving. Yeah there's the argument that there isn't enough or what is enough, but he barely suffered. It’s easy to root for him if you pick up from their abouts, but after 8 televised years and hundreds of story years we’ve seen Angel suffer and it just would not have been right in the grand scale of things if Spike was meant for the Shanshu/soul. Though it would have been a terrible ending if Angel became human or something along those lines :ermm:

Spike started out as bad in S2, in fact he was the ultimate big bad with the greatest performance, but then he stumbled back drunk and it all went a bit funny there, they had to create stories for the character that didn't really fit with what we've been told ect. Half the time I just regarded him as a ratings booster :unsure:

wait.....what was this thread about? :blink:

dwightfry
12-24-2004, 06:12 PM
Back in the day, my brother had a comic where batman and superman were the same person. If I remember right, Bruce wayne was first superman. Superman was totally vicious when it came to killing crooks. He would rip out their jugular with his teeth and shit. Well, he was saving louis lane from some thugs and she ended up being more scared of superman than her attackers. Bruce Wayne likes wants her so he changes and becomes Batman, but with superpowers. That's why Batman never kills anyone.

that's how I remember it anyways. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Biggles
12-24-2004, 06:13 PM
Back in the day, my brother had a comic where batman and superman were the same person. If I remember right, Bruce wayne was first superman. Superman was totally vicious when it came to killing crooks. He would rip out their jugular with his teeth and shit. Well, he was saving louis lane from some thugs and she ended up being more scared of superman than her attackers. Bruce Wayne likes wants her so he changes and becomes Batman, but with superpowers. That's why Batman never kills anyone.

that's how I remember it anyways. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think I can safely say no! :blink:

DanB
12-24-2004, 06:14 PM
:lol: I don't either.

Cheese
12-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Is it an Elseworlds comic or something similar?

They do spin-offs with what-if scenarios, could be one of those...

dwightfry
12-24-2004, 06:31 PM
There is a hard-to-find Elseworlds issue out there. This one is called Speeding Bullets and is told by Superman's closest associates. The main idea is that they are convinced that he is the man he is because of where his ship landed, his parents, the influence of Lois Lane and other factors. Only this combination could result in superman. Right?

Kal-El's craft crashed and spotted by a childless couple who returned to their house and treated the boy as their own son. These people are Dr. and Martha Wayne. Kal-El manages to burn the mugger who kills his parents, but not before he discovers he is bullet proof. He represses the memories and eventually becomes a heartless vigilante known as Batman.

Bruce Wayne comes out of hiding and enters the newspaper business by hiring the best; out of work Perry White, Lois Lane and others. The first big story is Lex Luthor's move to Gotham.

Lex Luthor gets to play the part of three separate villains all rolled into one but I won't tell you who or how the heartless Batman becomes Superman, but it was a very entertaining story.

I had it switched around, he starts as batman and becomes superman. The "Who and How" is all that stuff I said about lois Lane. I don't remember the Lex Luther bit though.

My brother still owns this, I wonder if it's worth anything?

DanB
12-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Ah

dwightfry
12-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Oh, and Superman would win, no doubt. You can't forget...superman can turn back time. At the soon as the the battle starts he can just go back to before batman even knew they were going to fight. Then kick him really hard.

Cheese
12-25-2004, 10:37 AM
When has Superman travelled back through time? Except in the lame ass film...

Why doesn't he just do that every time he has to face a bad guy?

"Lex Luthor has kidnapped Lois Lane? I'll just go back in time and stop him. Again."

dwightfry
12-26-2004, 03:09 PM
I know... it's pretty dumb.

exo_body
12-26-2004, 04:01 PM
yeah but doesnt he mean that Superman doesnt actually have the powers to go back in time? like yeah alot of superheros have storys connected with going back in time (its a favorite with Marvel comics especially) but doesnt he mean that Superman doesnt have the powers to make himself go back in time? (i dont know if this is true as im not that big a Superman fan, ive only read a few comics of his)

Snee
12-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Voted Batman.

Short of the time-travelling scenario I figure superman'd have a problem beating Batman.

Assuming Batman was allowed to fight dirty that is. Since Superman is one of the most overpowered Superheroes in a comicbook ever I don't think batman'd have a chance if he couldn't fight on his own terms.

See, I figure that if he came prepared he'd find a way to beat the snot out of Superman. Whether he'd do it by carrying around some cryptonite in his tool belt or some other cunning method, I say he'd win.

Once read this JLA comic where every hero but Batman had been beaten by the white Martians. Somehow Batman got more of them than anyone else.

Oh, and I have this elseworlds comic, "Darkest Knight", where the last watcher or something lands on the wayne estate. I kinda' dig the Batman/Green Lantern hybrid there. Those Amalgamated heroes are a popular subject in the elseworlds comics.

Cheese
12-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Just read the Hush series and in Batman 612 the Dark Knight fights Superman. Pretty good battle, worth reading.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Withcheese/batsoup.jpg

nsane
12-26-2004, 05:33 PM
for all those who said 'Batman would go get some kryptonite'. well, Superman would just go get his 'kryptonite proof shield suite' and beat the piss outa batman...enjoy thinkin about than one :D

http://n-sane.us/images/superman2.jpg

Biggles
12-26-2004, 05:41 PM
I am reliably informed that the ring on Batman's hand is Kryptonite and he won the fight.

My son knows about these things apparently. :blink:

Cheese
12-26-2004, 08:01 PM
for all those who said 'Batman would go get some kryptonite'. well, Superman would just go get his 'kryptonite proof shield suite' and beat the piss outa batman...enjoy thinkin about than one :D

http://n-sane.us/images/superman2.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but is the suit exclusive to the animated series (which I'm ignoring for this argument) or does he use it in the actual comics?

nsane
12-27-2004, 04:06 AM
yes, YOUR excluding it because it gives superman a reason to whip batman's ass :rolleyes:

and i believe it was in the comic so it doesn't really matter :P

any how, who gave you the power to make the rules? who said the series don't count?

Cheese
12-27-2004, 05:08 AM
yes, YOUR excluding it because it gives superman a reason to whip batman's ass :rolleyes:

and i believe it was in the comic so it doesn't really matter :P

any how, who gave you the power to make the rules? who said the series don't count?

I only said I was excluding the series not the suit...I expect the suit has weaknesses or else Superman would be wearing it all the time to make himself invinceable.

The comics are generally treated as being canon to the Batman/Superman mythos. The cartoons, whilst mildly amusing, are really just for children.

Or shall we include the Batman from the 1960's series? He, of course, would use his "Anti-Superman-in-an-anti-Kryptonite-suit" spray on Superman and thus win.

nsane
12-27-2004, 06:42 AM
The comics are generally treated as being canon to the Batman/Superman mythos. The cartoons, whilst mildly amusing, are really just for children.
true, tho, it doesn't mean they should be excluded. i used to watch em when i was younger, so to me, they count :lol:

but, like i said before, i'm pretty sure it was in the comics. so i don't think it matter much :P

and would you like being stuck inside of a hot ass metal suit all day? ;)

Cheese
12-27-2004, 12:33 PM
and would you like being stuck inside of a hot ass metal suit all day? ;)

The mind boggles as to what exactly a "hot ass metal suit" is... :unsure:

;)

testos
12-27-2004, 12:35 PM
No doubt,
SUPERMAN all the way!

Cheese
12-27-2004, 12:40 PM
SUPERMAN all the way!

Please keep your man-love fantasies out of this very serious dicussion.

;)

nsane
12-27-2004, 03:13 PM
The mind boggles as to what exactly a "hot ass metal suit" is..

you asked why he didn't wear the suit all the time, because it would be hot a fuck inside that thing ;)

and it's kinda lame how you've ridiculed everyone that's voted superman. it's a topic about a comic book, how can it be serious?! :rolleyes:

Cheese
12-27-2004, 04:11 PM
you asked why he didn't wear the suit all the time, because it would be hot a fuck inside that thing ;)

and it's kinda lame how you've ridiculed everyone that's voted superman. it's a topic about a comic book, how can it be serious?! :rolleyes:

It's kind of lame that you think I'm being serious in this thread...

Anyhow back to this suit of Superman's. Isn't he immune to extremes of hot/cold so getting a bit hot in a suit isn't going to worry him too much is it?

manker
12-27-2004, 07:16 PM
If it's a super suit then he would get super hot, which would effect him.

Think it thro' man.Couldn't he blow a bit of icy breath inside the suit to regulate the temperature to a somewhat desirable level.

Trial and error would suffice as a method, no need to get all complex about it.

Btw, nsane, I too think Cheese is deadly serious about this thread, as am I. However, I'd get really riled up if he said that Batman would pwn Spidey :dry: :glare:

manker
12-27-2004, 07:53 PM
That just wouldn't work and well you know it. The physics is all skew wiff, don't spam a serious thread with your poorly thought out natural philosophy. Unless it is to post you in t'Dark Knight suit (as promised may I add).It would surely work a treat but as more of an idealist than a pragmatist I expected you to find some small fault. It is of little consequence so long as the conditions are workable.

In addition I believe that even without the occasional icy breath Superman would be able to cope.

The cape is a bit poofy :ermm:

manker
12-27-2004, 08:37 PM
I will humour your folly if you wish but you will appreciate that the learned readers realise the point is moot since kryptonite is the only thing that can defeat Superman, therefore a little heat related discomfort will not unduly furrow his brow.

The man can exist in a raging inferno, ffs.

I'll post some more photies over at t'Moderation (http://moderation.forumflash.com/index.php?act=idx) with a bit of a commentary on the night, maybe in the review section. I got 2 girls to kiss each other :01:

Hope you had a good Christmas, btw.

nsane
12-27-2004, 09:22 PM
The cooling simply wouldn't work within such a closed environment.
unless he had some sort of valve that regulates pressure :P

@manker - yes, he maybe able to survive infernos. but who said it didn't hurt, well, not really hurt, more of annoying...like getting an indian burn back in grade school :lol:

manker
12-27-2004, 09:31 PM
I'd say that some sort of valve would be a given, for breathage purposes. It could easily be modified to account for the occasional influx of icy air.

Unless you're saying that Superman doesn't have to respire, in which case it would not be such a great leap to theorise that the conditions inside the suit would not necessitate cooling.

Whichever way you look at it, if he was wearing that suit then it would enable Superman to pwn Batman in any circumstance. However, since the suit only existed in a cartoon it is not a permissable stick with which to beat the Batman fanboys.

Damnit.

exo_body
12-27-2004, 09:43 PM
ok, would i not be right in saying, theres a way to take supermans powers off him? im sure Bruce could think of a way to trick batman into losing his powers if he really wanted to kill him

nsane
12-27-2004, 09:54 PM
- Action Comics #659 (Nov)
- Roger Stern, Bob Mcleod, Brett Breeding
- Part Three - using a suit built by Emil, Superman takes the red kryptonite from Luthor; Emil says the red kryptonite is not like green kryptonite; Starman impersonates Superman for a while, but Mxyzptlk says to Luthor it's Starman; Killgrave takes over Stryker's Island, escapes despite efforts of Starman, Superman, Guardian, Gangbuster.

i now pwn all you fo0s :P :lol:

exo_body
12-27-2004, 10:01 PM
ok, well in this comic i have, it tells the story of the death of super man. and in his fortress of solitude, theres a room or something that he locks himself in and he loses all his powers (he did it because he killed someone) and then he killed himself by going out into the cold (as he was now human)

exo_body
12-27-2004, 10:03 PM
oh its not the actual comic titles "the death of superman". its one of those comics that re like "what if". you know, like "this is what happened in an alternative universe" kinda thing
EDIT: its called "Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?"

manker
12-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Shows how much you know, coz he's also affected by t'magic.

Christmas was indeed magic, in spite of the Gods and a few viruses trying their best to scupper it.

Please don't spam this thread, you have been warned before and may be reported for your continual recidivating. ;)Batman can't do magic!

If he's to be enlisting help from someone else then we'll have to make another thread entitled Batman and Galdalf (or whoever) Vs Superman. Anyway, about this suit ;)

Glad you had a joyeux Noel.

nsane
12-27-2004, 10:38 PM
galdalf :lol:

manker
12-27-2004, 10:43 PM
galdalf :lol:
I take it that you've not read The Holbbit :ermm:

nsane
12-27-2004, 10:52 PM
i've actually read, and watched, the entire LOTR series <_<

manker
12-27-2004, 11:58 PM
I am glad that we're clear on Batman not being able to use magic in this battle given that he isn't capable of performing such trickery. We can't have third parties influencing the outcome of this, increasingly one sided, tussle.

Kryptonite is still the only way that Batman could defeat him, meaning that possesion of a kryptonite-proof suit would be a quite the asset. My cap is doffed to the erudite Mr nsane who found evidence of such a suit within the pages of a comic.

Biggles
12-28-2004, 12:02 AM
I am glad that we're clear on Batman not being able to use magic in this battle given that he isn't capable of performing such trickery. We can't have third parties influencing the outcome of this, increasingly one sided, tussle.

Kryptonite is still the only way that Batman could defeat him, meaning that possesion of a kryptonite-proof suit would be a quite the asset. My cap is doffed to the erudite Mr nsane who found evidence of such a suit within the pages of a comic.

Doesn't Batman simply have to wait until Superman needs to do a poo?

manker
12-28-2004, 12:02 AM
i've actually read, and watched, the entire LOTR series <_<So you'll be aware that the Holbbit, or indeed the Hobbit, is not a part of this trilogy.

manker
12-28-2004, 12:05 AM
Doesn't Batman simply have to wait until Superman needs to do a poo?
:lol: :lol:

That's a very good point but I can't remember reading about a super defacation in any comic. We'll have to presume that Superman doesn't give a shit :ermm:

Cheese
12-28-2004, 01:18 AM
I have no intention of reading your posts. Ever.

Batman > Superman.

Grrrr.

Cheese
12-28-2004, 01:23 AM
Ever!!!111

manker
12-28-2004, 01:36 AM
I have no intention of reading your posts. Ever.

Batman > Superman.

Grrrr.
:01:

You're going to have pishedmas dreams about Superman pwning Batman tonight :D

Cheese
12-28-2004, 02:58 AM
[QUOTE=manker]:01:

You're going to have pishedmas dreams about Superman pwning Batman tonight :D[/QUOTE

If twat-face aver learns how to plug the Tv the nwe;e all in trouble...

HELP HELP

EN IFDOIOT IS IN CONTROLQQQQQ!!!!!!!!!!

Cheese
12-28-2004, 03:02 AM
hyper man thinks you are a trat

TWAT ARSE HOLE HOLLANDY STYLY FUCK TWIT
:huh:

:1eye:

manker
12-28-2004, 03:44 AM
[QUOTE=manker]:01:

You're going to have pishedmas dreams about Superman pwning Batman tonight :D[/QUOTE

If twat-face aver learns how to plug the Tv the nwe;e all in trouble...

HELP HELP

EN IFDOIOT IS IN CONTROLQQQQQ!!!!!!!!!!BBQ!!;;..,,m;ate;;!1

:lol: :lol: :lol:

nsane
12-28-2004, 04:25 AM
So you'll be aware that the Holbbit, or indeed the Hobbit, is not a part of this trilogy.

actually, there was a cartoon back in like 1986 called The Hobbit. i believe the author also made a Fellowship of the Ring. so, the cartoon + the movies = watched whole series ;)

manker
12-28-2004, 04:52 AM
actually, there was a cartoon back in like 1986 called The Hobbit. i believe the author also made a Fellowship of the Ring. so, the cartoon + the movies = watched whole series ;)I can see that you're a big Tolkien fan so you'll understand that when someone refers to the LOTR series, this comprises a set of books which were originally published separately; The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King -- not The Hobbit. Okay.

nsane
12-28-2004, 12:07 PM
thanks for the insult, too bad if you said it to my face i'd bash your fuckin skull in :)

get a life, fuckin nerd...

nsane
12-28-2004, 12:58 PM
no, i'm just tellin the truth. if someone insulted me like that face to face i would knock the shit out of em, straight up. i'm pretty sure alot of people would do the same ;)

as for the nerd part, i never said reading makes you a nerd. your just so fuckin fanatical about this shit it's scary. insulting people because they don't agree with your opinion, very childish. you need to calm the fuck down and let people speak their mind without getting bashed for it ;)

i'm done, have fun with you little comic book thread :rolleyes:

Cheese
12-28-2004, 01:26 PM
I "insulted" you because you were talking nonsense, not because we had differing opinions. I have opinions which differ from many people, fortunately I am always right so it's OK.

Incidentally where I come from you would get a kicking just for using the word bashed. That's how hard we are.

Anyway, back to serious business, Superman would definitely bash Batman.

Yeah right.

Me dressed as Batman would like totally kick your ass if you were dressed as Superman.

Incidentally where I come from we don't even have a masked vigilante fighting crime. That's how tough we are.

;)

nsane
12-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah right.

Me dressed as Batman would like totally kick your ass if you were dressed as Superman.

Incidentally where I come from we don't even have a masked vigilante fighting crime. That's how tough we are.

;)

LMFAO that has got to be the funniest post of '04 :lol:

kellenator
04-24-2005, 11:32 PM
the one and only BATMAN

Smith
04-25-2005, 08:33 PM
wow this is a old post...

ziggyjuarez
04-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Batwoman

MCHeshPants420
04-26-2005, 05:17 PM
This thread is broken.

manker
04-26-2005, 05:28 PM
This thread is broken.Yeah, JP's posts are gone again http://img55.echo.cx/img55/567/icebast2mo.gif

maebach
05-11-2005, 03:02 AM
i never paid attention to superman but i always liked spider man