PDA

View Full Version : There's one rule for them ....

manker
12-30-2004, 03:42 PM
.... and another for us.

This Christmas, among other things, I got a load of stuff for work from the missus - like a posh pen, a palm pilot thing and bits of stationery. It was the same last year. She buys lots of other pressies too but things for helping me do stuff I don't particularly like were included.

I like that tho' cause having nice tools for the job makes the job seem more palatable.

This year I decided to get her some posh bits and bobs for the kitchen. All chrome it was - as is her wont. Some cutlery, condiments and a huge shiny bin (which was fecking expensive). I also bought other stuff as well. In comparison the kitchen things were quite small. Now she's taking the piss. Wtf.

Here are two pics of the offending bin, which I get most of the piss taking about - since both our sets of friends and family have also gotten to know about it hardly a moment goes by without someone asking 'where I've 'bin' :dry:

http://img158.exs.cx/img158/6865/picture002456vi.jpg

http://img158.exs.cx/img158/8589/picture002444cj.jpg

The bottom one includes me looking a bit pissed off.

So, am I over-reacting to a bit of light hearted piss taking, did I do something wrong or should I go on a 48 hour drinking binge to teach her a lesson in gratitude :shifty:

Rat Faced
12-30-2004, 03:45 PM
You've bin set up m8..

Relax and go with it :rolleyes:

enoughfakefiles
12-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Where have you wheely bin :ph34r:

TheDave
12-30-2004, 03:48 PM
hahaha bin

100%
12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Mulder is that you? :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/sjoko/picture002456vi.jpg = http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Arcadiaculttv/angelchristmassig.gif

manker
12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Bar-stewards, someone had better tell me that I'm right :sulk:

DanB
12-30-2004, 03:52 PM
:lol:

Snee
12-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Go on the binge just to be safe.

100%
12-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Bin laden?

manker
12-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Mulder is that you? :eek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/sjoko/picture002456vi.jpg = http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Arcadiaculttv/angelchristmassig.gif
:D :lol:

There is a better shot than that underneath but yes, my middle name is Arcadia :ohmy:

--

I think I'm going to go with what SnnY suggested. I'm also hoping that a few lady members of the board will pat me on the head and tell me that what I did was OK :unsure:

100%
12-30-2004, 04:05 PM
This year I decided to get her some posh bits and bobs. All chrome it was - as is her wont.

Did you get her these chrome items too?(see pic below) and if not maybe showing her the association to it she will enjoy the sublime shape of your chrome Bin all the better....

http://images.dvdempire.com/res/movies/6/609625h.jpg
http://www.sexyavenue.com/images/ImagesProduits/T/T610-3b.jpg

heres a small item you could have added to the chrome collection
by Jeff Koons - probably costing over one million dollars

http://www.airairshow.com/projects/pix/milagou2.jpg

manker
12-30-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm not sure if I could quite afford te bottom one. Nor if I'll ever but I did get something a bit like it from a cracker this Xmas.

The top two look like a definite possibility for St Valentines day ;)

Lilmiss
12-30-2004, 06:02 PM
You bought her a new bin?

You freak! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/missie77/thflick_hug.gif

One of my ex's bought me "Scum", and "I.D" for xmas.
Crazy fecker. :ermm:

manker
12-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah but look how shiny it is :unsure:

I bought other things too :softie:

Lilmiss
12-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Did you put any of these inside it;

A necklace
Gig tickets
Money
Perfume?

A bin.

That's dreadful, chuck. :lol:

Hope you take her away for her birthday to make up for it.

manker
12-30-2004, 06:13 PM
:crying:

I should have put something inside it - didn't think of that.

Hopefully that nice Everose will be along in a minute to tell me that I'm right and everyone else is wrong :chavs:

Lilmiss
12-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah, good luck with that. :whistling

Nice effort, if it was something that fit in with the rest of the kitchen...but, a bin. :frusty:

I'm going for a bath, with all my new smelly stuff.
Bubbles rawk. :01:

manker
12-30-2004, 06:20 PM
You didn't read the first post, I should put you over my knee. If only I wasn't slightly scared of you.

The bin does go with the rest of the kitchen :huff:

Have a nice bath anyway :01:

100%
12-30-2004, 06:23 PM
xmas is not the only time to give presents
hence why not give more presents everyday
on the other side
you gave a very usefull presentz, even though it aint that personal, but what is more personal than your our own trash-i could probably find some seriously incriminating evidence against you in the trash
usefull is better than useless
everyday you nd her will open the bin with Luv

manker
12-30-2004, 06:28 PM
xmas is not the only time to give presents
hence why not give more presents everyday
on the other side
you gave a very usefull presentz, even though it aint that personal, but what is more personal than your our own trash-i could probably find some seriously incriminating evidence against you in the trash
usefull is better than useless
everyday you nd her will open the bin with LuvThank you, Zed.

I'm going to email her that - with a few adjustments :01:

*goddess*
12-30-2004, 10:21 PM
:rolleyes: Personally I would've put your head in the bin.

:blink: Hard to explain, yes it was a nice thought but I hate getting kitchen stuff for pressies, screams lack of imagination to me.

Snee
12-30-2004, 10:23 PM
Does domestic stuff for her equal work stuff for manker btw?

Rat Faced
12-30-2004, 10:25 PM
The things she got made his life easier...

The bin, just made a nicer looking bin... It didnt pick the crap up itself :P

*goddess*
12-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Does domestic stuff for her equal work stuff for manker btw?

That's a fair point, I also wouldn't have bought him stuff for work, especially if it makes his work more enjoyable :lol:

Rat Faced
12-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Where you bin JPaul?

Still trying to be a Scott? :rolleyes:

:P

j2k4
12-30-2004, 11:55 PM
:crying:
Hopefully that nice Everose will be along in a minute to tell me that I'm right and everyone else is wrong :chavs:

Oy-

Don't count on that. :huh:

She's nice, but nicely spoilt, too.

She might just take a broom to you. :ohmy:

sArA
12-31-2004, 12:12 AM
manker...manker...manker.....oooohhhh dear... :lol:

I think that you should have just bought the bin for the house as a matter of course. :dry:

The gentle piss taking you are receiving is being let off lightly.

Go out on the lash as revenge????

Oh...come now....throwing the toys out the pram are you? Where's your justification for a wobbly other than the fact that your wife dares to be pissed off enough to take the piss out of you? :nono:

Be a man not a big baby. :no:

Arrange a babysitter, take her out for a knees-up and swallow that toddler tantrum instincts. :)

It occurs to me that observing your own behaviour in this way will better help you when little manker starts being as 'charming' and 'challenging' :lol: :lol:

Biggles
12-31-2004, 12:20 AM
Tis a very nice bin - of that there is no doubt.

T'was a rush of blood to teh head that made you think it would suffice as a chrissy pressie in the first instance though.

Best course of action here is to bite the bullet and make it up to her. T'will require some form of pampering and a bit of sweet loving, but the situation may yet be retrieved. Hit the right note and teh bin might even become treasured.

Spider_dude
12-31-2004, 12:47 AM
i found this pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/spd/manker_the_grouch.jpg

TheDave
12-31-2004, 09:34 AM
lilmiss's posts make me think mankers right.

at least we act grateful for the pen :dry:

manker
12-31-2004, 01:47 PM
I think a few chavs are missing the point. I dont normally buy stuff for the kitchen, don't think I ever have before, but since I get stuff for the office at birthdays and Xmas I thought it was OK. Especially since it was only one of a load of pressies (stuff she really wanted.)

My point was that there is one rule for them and another for us. I get stuff for work and act all gracious but then when I do something similar I get the piss taken. It doesn't bother me that much, I do laugh along - hence this thread. I just thought it was a funny female nuance :unsure:

Looks like my missus (I'm not married, just hate using the term 'partner') is pretty indicative of women in general - one rule for them and another for us :D

-------

Great pic, spd :lol: :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/spd/manker_the_grouch.jpg

manker
12-31-2004, 02:06 PM
Manker,

As I understand it your good Lady is employed outside of the house. This being the case what makes your galley her place of work any more so than it is yours. Unless of course she does all of the cookage and cleanery, in which case you Sir are a cad.

I agree with Big Les, some sweaty loving is t'only solution.Sweaty loving is a given anyway, isn't it :unsure:

We're both crap cooks and use the kitchen equally for that purpose. However she also uses it for leisure, as is the odd tradition in her family - her guests have tea and coffee in the kitchen so she wants it to look nice in there and has decorated accordingly (with teh chromage.)

I could care not one jot as I spend most of my time where the TV and computer is.

Everose
12-31-2004, 02:12 PM
Okay, Manker, here is how I see the situation, for what it is worth. :P

If I was decorating my kitchen with chrome motiff, I would buy little bits and pieces here and there myself. But I probably couldn't justify the expense of a large trash bin. But I would know that a large chrome trashcan would be just the thing to bring the look together. I would love it therefore if I received it as a gift. After all, you did say you got her various other gifts, too. I like that bin. (I am thinking scotch tape would stick to it very well, for little notes the trash will leave you to take it out. :lol:) Therefore, I think if your missus wants to pout, you let her and go on yourself about your business as if you don't notice. She will surely work through it and realize your good intentions at helping her decorate in a fine manner. She will eventually be grateful to you everytime she notices how that large chrome bin is just the piece that pulls her decorating scheme together. ;)

Now, to address an underlying issue here, Manker........you implied that the trash bin is for her work, while the gifts she gave you are for your work......????? Therefore, she has to always take the trash out??????? :angry: ;) :D

And Mr. J2......you be 'itching for a bitching' or 'cruising for a brusing'???? :lol:

TheDave
12-31-2004, 02:18 PM
i think all men should take maker's lead and buy women pens for christmas

manker
12-31-2004, 02:21 PM
Okay, Manker, here is how I see the situation, for what it is worth. :P

If I was decorating my kitchen with chrome motiff, I would buy little bits and pieces here and there myself. But I probably couldn't justify the expense of a large trash bin. But I would know that a large chrome trashcan would be just the thing to bring the look together. I would love it therefore if I received it as a gift. After all, you did say you got her various other gifts, too. I like that bin. (I am thinking scotch tape would stick to it very well, for little notes the trash will leave you to take it out. :lol:) Therefore, I think if your missus wants to pout, you let her and go on yourself about your business as if you don't notice. She will surely work through it and realize your good intentions at helping her decorate in a fine manner. She will eventually be grateful to you everytime she notices how that large chrome bin is just the piece that pulls her decorating scheme together. ;)

Now, to address an underlying issue here, Manker........you implied that the trash bin is for her work, while the gifts she gave you are for your work......????? Therefore, she has to always take the trash out??????? :angry: ;) :D

And Mr. J2......you be 'itching for a bitching' or 'cruising for a brusing'???? :lol:I think you're wonderful :wub: :wub:

That is how I wanted her to see it. The bin was kinda expensive and the one we had before was plastic and looked a bit ... rubbish. She may even see it that way but has been egged on by the other chavs in my family who delight, as I do, in taking the mickey.

As to the underlying issue, my analogy was merely to demonstrate that I receive tools for things I don't particularly like to do as gifts and am greatful for them, so what's the difference with this bin. Whoever fills the bin empties it in our house. That's the general rule ;)

TheDave
12-31-2004, 02:33 PM
i think its the same all over the uk and ireland

Everose
12-31-2004, 02:37 PM
I think you're wonderful :wub: :wub: ty :blushing:

That is how I wanted her to see it. The bin was kinda expensive and the one we had before was plastic and looked a bit ... rubbish. She may even see it that way but has been egged on by the other chavs in my family who delight, as I do, in taking the mickey. I just know then you made the right choice, she will love it, but also love teasing you about it, no?

As to the underlying issue, my analogy was merely to demonstrate that I receive tools for things I don't particularly like to do as gifts and am greatful for them, so what's the difference with this bin. Whoever fills the bin empties it in our house. That's the general rule ;)

Okay, agreed upon rules work. :D Here, I collect all the little bin's trash around the house and put in the big bin and then he takes it to the large dumpster in the alley. (we will not get into his large collection of construction materials in the back yard that make it hazardous to get to the alley and whose mere existence have resulted in a few choice words being thrown about when I have had to find my way through the maze) Once again, whatever keeps the peace and is agreed upon, works! :lol:

manker
12-31-2004, 02:37 PM
Too much cunting about at school methinks.That did make me lol :D

She is of Irish descent, that would explain it altho' with regard to the grammatical correction I feel compelled to make a small note of my prior knowledge that the PC and TV are at different ends of the same room. So, at least in my mind's eye, the error is forgivable.

Snee
12-31-2004, 03:25 PM
My point was that there is one rule for them and another for us. I get stuff for work and act all gracious but then when I do something similar I get the piss taken. It doesn't bother me that much, I do laugh along - hence this thread. I just thought it was a funny female nuance :unsure:

Was it really similar tho'?

I mean, she gave you stuff for work and you gave her stuff she could use in the kitchen.

If I was one of them girly feminisys I'd say that was kinda' sexististicsikt.

manker
12-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Only similar in the sense that the gifts are tools to facilitate a job that we don't find pleasurable.

I think we'd covered that tho' :unsure:

Snee
12-31-2004, 03:32 PM
'k, sorry I can't read the rest so sorry if I missed oit to much to read.

manker
12-31-2004, 03:41 PM
'k, sorry I can't read the rest so sorry if I missed oit to much to read.BBQ!!,, mate!;11!

Jon L. Obscene
12-31-2004, 03:47 PM
.... and another for us.

This Christmas, among other things, I got a load of stuff for work from the missus - like a posh pen, a palm pilot thing and bits of stationery. It was the same last year. She buys lots of other pressies too but things for helping me do stuff I don't particularly like were included.

I like that tho' cause having nice tools for the job makes the job seem more palatable.

This year I decided to get her some posh bits and bobs for the kitchen. All chrome it was - as is her wont. Some cutlery, condiments and a huge shiny bin (which was fecking expensive). I also bought other stuff as well. In comparison the kitchen things were quite small. Now she's taking the piss. Wtf.

Here are two pics of the offending bin, which I get most of the piss taking about - since both our sets of friends and family have also gotten to know about it hardly a moment goes by without someone asking 'where I've 'bin' :dry:

The bottom one includes me looking a bit pissed off.

So, am I over-reacting to a bit of light hearted piss taking, did I do something wrong or should I go on a 48 hour drinking binge to teach her a lesson in gratitude :shifty:

:lol: wait, lemmie get this straight........You bought your wife kitchen untensils for xmas?...........LMFAO!!!! :lol:
Power to the males huh Manker :01: :lol:

That's made me chuckle, cheers dude :D

Jonno :cool:

Snee
12-31-2004, 03:48 PM
Hahah I csan't remember what I wanted to say,

so I'll just say what I said in the wordfilter thread
cos is the best ck uk imression I ever did

http://www.feelconfident.co.uk/catalog/images/splash.gif
F;;ee..l...,,,,co;nfidet,.,.,.,;;
............................,,,ck-uk

F;uckm

Other than that I have no I dea.

When did we covetr what btw?

manker
12-31-2004, 03:50 PM
I'm not married, I should have made the first post a little clearer too, methinks.

There is some other info in the rest of the thread but it's getting to be a hefty read. I probably wouldn't bother if the tables were turned so I won't get all snooty http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/snooty.gif

manker
12-31-2004, 03:52 PM
Hahah I csan't remember what I wanted to say,

so I'll just say what I said in the wordfilter thread
cos is the best ck uk imression I ever did

Other than that I have no I dea.

When did we covetr what btw?Loving the vodka addled you :wub:

Snee
12-31-2004, 03:53 PM
It's only temporary don't worry fhb

manker
12-31-2004, 03:53 PM
.... the PC and TV is at different ends of the same room. ;)
:lol: :lol:

Feck arf :D