PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be a father!

100%
01-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes its true - the tests are done-it is official
My girlfriend has a baby in her tummy
yes it was planned but freaky once it happens
not really sure what happens now - other than waiting until the birth-i guess it all goes naturally - just take some elementary precautions food, smoking elsewhere etc
have to take special care of my girlfriend from now on(not that i didnt already) - although i hope she dont "abuse" me and get toooo lazy.
a new world awaits

any tips for a noob pappa to be?

sArA
01-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Congratulations 15%

Some how, I think you will make a very good dad.

advice?

Bloody hell, where to start???

I guess the first thing is to make sure that you do your share of the nappy changing and getting up in the night stuff. I never had that, as my ex refused..(hey no need to get into that) but its so important on so many levels to do with the relationship, bonding with the baby etc, apart from sharing responsibility.

Oh....and get married perhaps?

bujub22
01-01-2005, 04:15 PM
congrats 15% are u goin to name him after yourself zeddy :shifty: :lol:

Mr. Mulder
01-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Congrats 15% :D

Snee
01-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Good Luck.

100%
01-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks
the baby will be born towards the end of July
which our summer plans will seriously be changed but this is definetly more important - i
as for names that can wait - yet bujub and agent gillian are definetly high on the list :P
so yogi do you now understand the reason for extreme family visiting during xmas....

Mr. Mulder
01-01-2005, 04:28 PM
as for names that can wait - yet bujub and agent gillian are definetly high on the list :P

nice :D

DanB
01-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Congratulations :D

Virtualbody1234
01-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Congratulations!

15%Dad.

tesco
01-01-2005, 04:40 PM
congrats 15% :)

j2k4
01-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Oh....and get married perhaps?

Yes, it is integral to the process. ;)

Congratulations, 15%! :)

NikkiD
01-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Congratulations!!!

I'll just give one bit of advice... if you haven't learned the art of patience, learn it fast, and learn it well. You'll need it during your girlfriend's pregnancy, when her hormones start to go wild, and her back aches, and she has sudden cravings for obscure foods at 3 am. And mostly, you'll need it when your child is born... for everything.

The first time you hold your child in your arms, you feel an unconditional love like no other that is absolutely amazing.

ahctlucabbuS
01-01-2005, 04:57 PM
Congrats 15% :)

Rat Faced
01-01-2005, 04:59 PM
The first time you hold your child in your arms, you feel an unconditional love like no other that is absolutely amazing.

And everytime you hold them afterwards too...

Congratulations Zed
:D

Everose
01-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Congratulations, 15%! Remember, most guys can be Fathers. But it takes someone really special to be a 'Daddy.' You will be a 'Daddy'.

bujub22
01-01-2005, 05:04 PM
as for names that can wait - yet bujub and agent gillian are definetly high on the list
:01: yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a lil joober :w00t:

100%
01-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Patience i have plenty of - hope i have enough...
My sister was one of the most tempermental horrors of our time and the least tollerant to anything
after she got twins - she became the most patient person a jellyfish will ever encounter

So far she is an angel and sleeps all the time

as for marriage - isnt a baby the ultimate statement of bonding? A baby and marriage is abit too much for me right now - although i have thought about it - and im sure ill get the marriage hints from both families soon enough.

j2k4
01-01-2005, 05:35 PM
as for marriage - isnt a baby the ultimate statement of bonding? A baby and marriage is abit too much for me right now - although i have thought about it - and im sure ill get the marriage hints from both families soon enough.

It is not tradition alone which accounts for the horse being in front of the cart, Zed.

It is apparent you have the requisite feelings for the mother-to-be; and a pregnancy is a grave consideration.

Children are better off with traditional family structure, and that's a fact-if the lady is someone to whom you would consider being married at all, the fact of a child into the bargain should only deepen that particular feeling. ;)

Samurai
01-01-2005, 05:50 PM

Lilmiss
01-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Congrats to you both. :D

brotherdoobie
01-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Congrats Z! Your life is about to change...are you ready for it? I wasn't, but
I instantaneously adapted . (evolutionous fatherhoodus)

I believe you will be brillant as a father. Your imagination will be a wonderful asset.

Your about to be a Papa!...Smile :)

Peace bd

Jon L. Obscene
01-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Congrats dude, happy for you :)

Jonno :cool:

Biggles
01-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Congratulations to you and your partner.

:lol: :01:

Good Luck too, tricky little blighters kids :blink:

brotherdoobie
01-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Congratulations to you and your partner.

:lol: :01:

Good Luck too, tricky little blighters kids :blink:

Quite often, they are downright beast... :devil:

Peace bd

*goddess*
01-02-2005, 06:27 AM
:01: Congrats 15 :D

:ph34r: I have to agree with BD, they can be beastly buggers.... but.... wouldn't have em any other way.

:1eye: Least you can get lotsa useful tips on here, really wish I'd had that :lol:

:ermm: On the marriage thing, I dunno that it's so important. I think the important thing is what you and your partner want. Personally I'm not big on marriage, seen too many divorces. I was with my ex for 12 years (longer than plenty of marriages) and when we split it was very easy and amicable. No lawyers or legal stuff to mess with.

PS Hiya BD :wub:

manker
01-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Nice one, Zed. Congratulations :D

This year saw the birth of my first child and I have to admit nothing prepared me for the love you feel for the ickle thing. It truly is wonderful. As to tips, I'm probably a bit inexperienced to give advice but I find the actual parenting easy - I guess the tricky stuff comes when they can answer back.

The difficult part for me is the relationship with my girlfriend because it totally changed. The focus of your life will obviously alter drastically but neither of us were prepared for that, stupid as it sounds. Added to that are all the hormones buzzing about. It is difficult. I would say that you'll both need to be totally open and honest about your feelings for things to go smoothly. Maybe I wasn't so, initially.

As to getting married, unless you're religeous there is no point. You've already made the biggest possible commitment to each other by planning a baby. What difference will a piece of paper make.

Yogi
01-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Great news, Zeddy!!

Hereby i forgive you your negligence towards me............ :lol:

And don't listen to J2K2; don't marry!!!

If you are happy without it, why would you.

A kid needs loving parents, that small paper only complicates things.

Stay who you are and the toddler will have great parents.

Congrats again.

Yogi

ahctlucabbuS
01-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Beside, marriage is legalized rape anyhow. :lol:

hobbes
01-05-2005, 03:47 AM
Kids are great, but only if you can give them back to their parents.

The longest 30 minutes I ever spent was with my friends 1 year old daughter, Her attention span was 15 seconds.

Get your sleep, you'll need it.

brotherdoobie
01-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Beside, marriage is legalized rape anyhow. :lol:

I take it you have never been married. ;)

Peace bd

hippychick
01-05-2005, 05:14 AM
Congrats 15%...I have two of my own and they are my life :D
I guess I should start posting baby freebies now ;)

Heres a joke for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Are you considering having children? To determine whether you are truly prepared for the experience, we suggest you take this set of simple tests...

MESS TEST:

Smear peanut butter on the sofa and curtains. Now rub your hands in the wet flower bed and rub on the walls. Cover the stains with crayons. Place a fish stick behind the couch and leave it there all summer.

TOY TEST:

Obtain a 55-gallon box of Legos. (If Legos are not available, you may substitute roofing tacks or broken bottles.) Have a friend spread them all over the house. Put on a blindfold. Try to walk to the bathroom or kitchen. Do not scream (this could wake a child at night).

GROCERY STORE TEST:

Borrow one or two small animals (goats are best) and take them with you as you shop at the grocery store. Always keep them in sight and pay for anything they eat or damage.

DRESSING TEST:

Obtain one large, unhappy, live octopus. Stuff into a small net bag making sure that all arms stay inside.

FEEDING TEST:

Obtain a large plastic milk jug. Fill halfway with water. Suspend from the ceiling with a stout cord. Start the jug swinging. Try to insert spoonfuls of soggy cereal (such as Fruit Loops or Cheerios) into the mouth of the jug while pretending to be an airplane. Now dump the contents of the jug on the floor.

NIGHT TEST:

Prepare by obtaining a small cloth bag and fill it with 8 to 12 pounds of sand. Soak it thoroughly in water. At 8:00 PM begin to waltz and hum with the bag until 9:00 PM. Lay down your bag and set your alarm for 10:00 PM. Get up, pick up your bag, and sing every song you have ever heard. Make up about a dozen more and sing these too until 4:00 AM. Set alarm for 5:00 AM. Get up and make breakfast. Keep this up for five years. Look cheerful.

PHYSICAL TEST (WOMEN)

Obtain a large beanbag chair and attach it to the front of your clothes. Leave it there for 9 months. Now remove 10% of the beans.

PHYSICAL TEST (MEN):

Go to the nearest drug store. Set your wallet on the counter. Ask the clerk to help himself. Now proceed to the nearest food store. Go to the head office and arrange for your paycheck to be directly deposited to the store. Purchase a newspaper. Go home and read it quietly for the last time.

FINAL ASSIGNMENT:

Find a couple who already have a small child. Lecture them on how they can improve their discipline, patience, tolerance, toilet training, and child's table manners. Suggest many ways they can improve. Emphasize to them that they should never allow their children to run riot. Enjoy this experience. It will be the last time you will have all the answers.

{I}{K}{E}
01-05-2005, 08:51 AM
congrats 15% :01:

ahctlucabbuS
01-05-2005, 03:48 PM
I take it you have never been married. ;)

Peace bd

Correct.

I'd be darned if I ever succumb to penis society and it's institutions !! :lol:

(Extreme feminism is pretty amusing :whistling )

Snee
01-05-2005, 03:51 PM
The difficult part for me is the relationship with my girlfriend because it totally changed.
Did you turn into an insensitive bastard who'd give her bins for christmas? :unsure:

Everose
01-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Did you turn into an insensitive bastard who'd give her bins for christmas? :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey now. That was one nice bin.

sArA
01-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I did not marry my ex...father of my 2 kids, 17 year relationship...

I do understand the reasons for saying...bah...a piece of paper etc...means nothing...to you....now.....

But, once we split, people asked if he was the father of either of the kids cos I was the ex-girlfriend. An ex-wife is not asked that.

Its only fairly recently that I have discovered the upset it caused my youngest, who even though has many friends whose parents are divorced, is still in the minority of those who never married.

It upsets him, he sees it as another example of the impermanence of relationships. Was it that mum and dad didn't ever love each other enough? One statement early on was...when I have a kid I wont live with my girlfriend then I can see the kid when I like. The reference to girlfriend smacks of school yard hand holding and not a permanent committment.

.........And he knows what a 'bastard' is.

A baby is easy to make, marriage and a permanent relationship has to be worked at.

Even though we would have eventually split, I wish that we had been married, despite the financial and practical problems a divorce causes, so that I wouldn't have to keep explaining the complex and frankly lame reasons why we didn't to my now 9 year old son.

Rat Faced
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
http://img159.exs.cx/img159/8072/screenshot0061vc.jpg

:blink: :unsure:

vidcc
01-05-2005, 05:49 PM
congrats 15. may it bring all the joys to you and your partner that we have been lucky enough to have recieved from our children. It will drive you insane in the most wonderful way imaginable.

As to the marriage subject perhaps instead of hijacking 15%'s well desreved thunder we could discuss the subject seperatly on a new thread ? :)

sArA
01-05-2005, 11:43 PM
congrats 15. may it bring all the joys to you and your partner that we have been lucky enough to have recieved from our children. It will drive you insane in the most wonderful way imaginable.

As to the marriage subject perhaps instead of hijacking 15%'s well desreved thunder we could discuss the subject seperatly on a new thread ? :)

You are right.......

Me Bad.... :blushing:

Sorry 15%

I am genuinely pleased for you....having a child is a wonderful, fulfilling and beautiful experience. :) If a stressful one :rolleyes:

vidcc
01-05-2005, 11:44 PM
You are right.......

Me Bad.... :blushing:

Sorry 15%

I am genuinely pleased for you....having a child is a wonderful, fulfilling and beautiful experience. :) If a stressful one :rolleyes:

i did open one in the drawing club...but it has been hijacked
:dry:

Spicker
01-05-2005, 11:51 PM

brenda
01-06-2005, 10:54 PM
OMG!!!11!!15%11!!

Congratulation Z you brave, brave man. I salute you and your partner.

I have personally always had an inate fear of pregnacy/labour/childbirth/being a mum etc...

maybe I could have a cyber baby :unsure:

Biggles
01-06-2005, 10:55 PM
OMG!!!11!!15%11!!

Congratulation Z you brave, brave man. I salute you and your partner.

I have personally always had an inate fear of pregnacy/labour/childbirth/being a mum etc...

maybe I could have a cyber baby :unsure:

I could send SGG. I have her already boxed.

brenda
01-06-2005, 11:00 PM
I could send SGG. I have her already boxed.

who ? :blink:

Biggles
01-06-2005, 11:05 PM
who ? :blink:

Link (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=88376)

An example of what I mean

Edit - sorry ... forgot about the Scully pictures at the start of that thread. I was distracted by later events.

brenda
01-06-2005, 11:12 PM
lol :D

aww Biggles thanks for the offer but I think i'll start with a tamagochi (do those things still exist?)

Biggles
01-06-2005, 11:14 PM
lol :D

aww Biggles thanks for the offer but I think i'll start with a tamagochi (do those things still exist?)

Didn't they develop into those awful Furby things?

Money Fist
01-06-2005, 11:22 PM
yo 15
make me the first cyber god father
:P