PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder If My Isp Could Blackmail Me

daveyjones
03-31-2003, 11:50 PM
i've got a 120 dollar bill from my isp for backpayments that i haven't paid them , i wasn't planing on paying them either , i was just going to download until they shut me off , but now i wonder might they expose me if i DON'T pay my interent bill? lol wouldn't that be a bitch .

jay973
03-31-2003, 11:55 PM
You cant put a price on this kind of fun!
Neways u just pre-emptied them and exposed yourself(ooer!)LOL.

m8t
04-02-2003, 11:30 PM
:o
hello there !
your only real problem will be :- do you want to continue to do file swapping in the future? if bills are not paid , it's fair to say your next isp will already know your current rating from 0 to 10.
regards
m8t

crashnburn
04-03-2003, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by daveyjones@1 April 2003 - 00:50
i've got a 120 dollar bill from my isp for backpayments that i haven't paid them , i wasn't planing on paying them either , i was just going to download until they shut me off , but now i wonder might they expose me if i DON'T pay my interent bill? lol wouldn't that be a bitch .
ever hear of something called "credit history"

even if the amounts you owe them are insignificant, they will go to lengths to have
you pay...... in one way or another.

KANADIANborn
04-03-2003, 12:37 PM
A friend of mine using Sympatico racked up a $400 (and still counting :lol: ) "over-useage" bill. He hasn't (and wont) pay it...(since June of last year).

They send him "friendly" emails asking for a bank account number, so they can "get paid"......far as I know, hell hasn't frozen-over :P

clocker
04-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Is Simpatico an ISP?
If so, what is their definition of 'Overusage"?

KANADIANborn
04-03-2003, 01:10 PM
Bell Sympatico (Canadian) defines "over-usage" as up/down load in access of 10gigs, with fees per additional 1 gig(I think it's 1gig, or 100megs...I don't use their pathetic-service :lol: ) up to an addition $30 per month (even though on their bill, they'll show you how much they "would've" charged you if they didn't have "over-usage bill capp"... :lol: ) Just their little(big) way to "steal" money from people who "steal" software :D

btw they started this "scam" last June. I bailed-out on them and went with my local cable company (no capps). My friend dosen't have this option since he lives "outside" their range :( ( I laugh at him... :lol: :P :D )

harrycary
04-04-2003, 11:18 PM
If you receive a legitimate bill than you must pay it. Your ISP will continue to try and collect. After they've exhausted their efforts they will sell your "bill" to a 3rd party that specializes in going after morons like you. They will have the necessary resources(read: lawyers) to truly go after you. They will eventually garnish your wages until any and all moneys(including any interest) is received.
Believe me, I've been there. It will happen.
Tell them you'll pay $10 a month until it is paid off. Any money is better than no money to them.
I laugh out loud to naive people like you who think a bill will just "go away"

Jibbler
04-05-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by daveyjones@31 March 2003 - 18:50
No, this can't happen, you have a privacy policy with your ISP.

lunatacs
04-05-2003, 08:57 AM
the title of this post cracks me up lol

well they do have your address and phone number :D
Don't call them, they will call you :rolleyes:

SolidWing68
04-05-2003, 08:56 PM
lol very bad B)

Tormentor
04-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Why dont you just pay the god damn bill!

clocker
04-06-2003, 09:31 AM
Your ISP doesn't need to blackmail you. They have you by the nuts legally. DL to your heart's content and then enjoy the silence.