PDA

View Full Version : Defragging

Daryoosh
04-01-2003, 09:14 PM
I have xp pro. Whats the best defragging software for my harddrive. The defregging that comes with xp does a S#@t job.

Lamsey
04-01-2003, 09:18 PM
Executive Software's Diskeeper 7.

It has automated features so that it will defrag at night every day if you want it to, thus keeping fragmentation at a minimum while not wasting your time.

Plenty of sources on KaZaA - just search.

btw this should be in softwareworld...

ooo
04-01-2003, 09:31 PM
eh the defrag programs that come w/ the computer dont work i mean the ones that come right out of the windows cd.... well at least it doesnt work for me... o well lol

scan disk is always helpful

zapjb
04-01-2003, 10:12 PM
I have several defrag progs. My fav is PerfectDisk by Raxco. Takes less than 10 mins on my sys.

ooo
04-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by zapjb@1 April 2003 - 23:12
I have several defrag progs. My fav is PerfectDisk by Raxco. Takes less than 10 mins on my sys.
perfectdisk is a defrag prog?

zapjb
04-01-2003, 11:31 PM
Yes & one of the best also.

ooo
04-01-2003, 11:35 PM
aite then i will do a search for it in kazaa ....

the-ninja69
04-01-2003, 11:42 PM
Executive Software's Diskeeper 7. period.

It is very good i like it the most because it is so fast i noticed it is the faster then shitty ass norton speed disk. Also it can give another fast report on how defragged your hd is.

ck-uk
04-02-2003, 12:02 AM
Executive Software's Diskeeper 7.

It has automated features so that it will defrag at night every day if you want it to, thus keeping fragmentation at a minimum while not wasting your time.

Plenty of sources on KaZaA - just search.

It is very good i like it the most because it is so fast i noticed it is the faster then shitty ass norton speed disk. Also it can give another fast report on how defragged your hd is.

i'm dona have to third that...can 't fault it, does a nice clean job

File:Diskeeper v.7 Full (by sajjid).exe
Length:24082432 Bytes,23518KB
UUHash:=+NCGDS2ecriudRcd67u++lmX6T8=

ooo
04-02-2003, 11:34 PM
gonna download both lol

imported_QuietSilence!
04-03-2003, 01:47 AM
it real dependes on what kind of defrag u want to do

PerfectDisk by Raxco just defrags the files in place and dose no sorting at all (this is the same as nortons speed disk with the dfrag files only option)

Executive Software's Diskeeper 7 will do a little more and will defrag the files and move them to the front of the disk pluse a few other things(this is like speed disk with the defrag free space and the defrag files opton) this takes a little longer to do then a strait defrag of files. but is much better as it wont leve spaces between the files and this will mean that when u dl more files they wont fragment as much

nortons speed disk will do an intelegent defrag pluse all of the that the others do.
an intelegent defrag is where it sorts the files bye how often u use them and how often u change them and such it will move the files that u use most often and wil move the swap file to the start of disk it will put files that are not changed next and files that are changed next and so on and so on it will put file u havent used in a long time at the end of the disk this takes the longest to do but it helps with bth the space between fils prob and also it helps with disk access time cus it move the files u use the most to the start of the drave the disk can access them faster the thing that takes the most time in hard drave access are the time it thkes to move the head over the right track on the hd the farther it has to move on the disk the longer the access time so if the info it needs is at the start it wont have to move the head as far

IMHO norton dose it all so get that i use the full defrag for my c partishion so i get quick access to apps and i use the the defrag files only option for my drives that just have movies or mps and install files on them(storage drive) as its much faster then the full option

note if u take care of ur dls u wont have to defrag vary often
ei. i dl too my c drive and as soon as they are done i move thm to the d drive the pross of moving them to the d drive will automaticly defrag the file (if the drive is not fragmented to begin with )as it will right the file right in a row on the drive

and nothing fragment a drive like kazaa dose this is becouse of the multi file multi sorces nature of the program the only thig that rivals kazaa for fragmenting a disk is a compacting data base funsion in some programs like forte agent and such

GamerTrainer
04-05-2003, 01:52 AM
Is the Executive Diskeeper 7.0 still an evaluation?

Wizzandabe
04-05-2003, 01:59 AM
seconed.

GamerTrainer
04-05-2003, 02:06 AM
... Meaning...

ooo
04-05-2003, 02:45 AM
i've dled it but i havent tried it