PDA

View Full Version : P2p Users Warning

rastilin
04-02-2003, 11:24 AM
verified.com is now shut down and is scanning the ip of everyone on to the server, don't try to vertify my story unless you're prepared to explain the contents of your hard drive. Sorry if this has been posted before but I did'nt see it.

Skillian
04-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Did you click on the link that said how to plead not guilty? There is a reason why it is back up today, the day after April 1st... :P

imported_The__One
04-02-2003, 11:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rastilin
04-03-2003, 12:45 AM
:D No and that's the meanest joke of all time. Really, well you got me. :rolleyes:

Wolfmight
04-03-2003, 12:47 AM
ROFL! Gotem Coach!

lunatacs
04-03-2003, 04:18 AM
RIAA is hosting that site. ;)

crashnburn
04-03-2003, 05:02 AM
I have TinySoftware TinyPersona Firewall running.

Also I have recently installed PeerGaurdian.

Do I have to add the Bad IPs in PG to TPF for Blocking as well ?

Leech_Killer
04-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by crashnburn@3 April 2003 - 06:02
I have TinySoftware TinyPersona Firewall running.

Also I have recently installed PeerGaurdian.

Do I have to add the Bad IPs in PG to TPF for Blocking as well ?
No need, PG will block them for you.

harrycary
04-04-2003, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE]When is everyone going to realize the facts?
Fact: Your ISP can track every movement you make online. (firewall or not)
Fact: Every server logs IP addresses.
Fact: You cannot hide you IP address. Even when using a proxy server. (every ISP is assigned an exclusive block of IP addresses)

The question isn't if these things can be done. But more a matter of when it will happen.

All of us can be busted if the-powers-to-be choose to do so. The sheer volume of people trading files makes it very costly to do.

The bottom line is, unless you use encryption, using the internet is no different than standing on the street corner yelling out information for all to hear.

SuperJude™
04-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Well of course they have to go looking for it, and frankly, as I have stated before, as much as RIAA and MPAA are on one hand makinga stink, do you realize just how much money filesharing has brought in for the ISP's who carry broadband? I mean really so many people get broadband just to download faster, and personally if it weren't for that and the way some dial ups works nowadays, I would gladly pay nothing for an ISP if I couldn't swap files.

Never forget the greed involved. While we pirate files adn RIAA loses out, an ISP then gains correct?

-SJ™

kAb
04-05-2003, 01:31 AM
any1 have a screenshot? i missed it :(

Skillian
04-05-2003, 02:20 AM
This is the link. The address has slightly changed but this was the homepgae on April 1st.

http://www.verifieddownloads.com/4-1-index.html

:lol:

edit: click the bit that gives you the "not-guilty" form!

Jibbler
04-05-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by SuperJude™@4 April 2003 - 19:12
Never forget the greed involved. While we pirate files adn RIAA loses out, an ISP then gains correct?

Very correct. For those of you who read "Blender" (its a music magazine by the makers of Maxim and Stuff). This months issue lists "10 ways to fix the music industry". One of their suggestions was to apply a tax to broadband internet providers who allow filesharing on their servers. This tax, would cost each of us pennies, but would bail out the music industry and would offset the lost revenue that piracy creates.

Switeck
04-05-2003, 10:41 AM
That tax would only go to the big content companies -- the little guys wouldn't get any of it, even if they are more 'popular' on p2p networks...

Plus, if the 'loss' is anywhere nearly as great as the movie/music/software industry makes it out to be... how come they don't declare those losses in THEIR taxes and stock reports?

crashnburn
04-07-2003, 06:52 AM
problem is the music industry has gotten TOO RICH with their CONTROL of the supply - demand economics and especially THEIR control over the prices no matter what. they should do some cost-cutting as simple as that.
1. No hard media (downloads) => No replication costs
2. No Albums => Get the song you want. Simple as that.
3. Dont spend $ on marketing too much. => Use MTV / VH1
4. Decrease the prices such that people dont mind paying for the tracks they download.. "legally" and on a per track basis
OR.. an annual download license.
5. DONT MAKE IT PAY-PER-VIEW because I hate that concept (several companies were dabbling with that idea).
6. Give up a few of your perks (the limos and the jets...) (that is the issue.. they dont have losses.. of any kind.. they basically want to be on an EVER increasing revenue stream.. and cant stand the GOOD FIXED revenue they get.. they want MORE (than it is justified for them to have)

crashnburn
04-07-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by SuperJude™@4 April 2003 - 21:12
Well of course they have to go looking for it, and frankly, as I have stated before, as much as RIAA and MPAA are on one hand makinga stink, do you realize just how much money filesharing has brought in for the ISP's who carry broadband? I mean really so many people get broadband just to download faster, and personally if it weren't for that and the way some dial ups works nowadays, I would gladly pay nothing for an ISP if I couldn't swap files.

-SJ™
true. that way everything can be tracked by the "man in the middle". Old story.

long story short.... it is next to impossible in terms of expenses for them to do so.

if they the benefits of broadband actually were to decrease so would the number of users.

maybe there should be broadband traffic sharing with the music companies...

problem is how are you going to model it ? ie. where the previous post ideas come in.... annual subscription services like cell phones have airtime.
( i dunno but it HAS TO change its business model)