PDA

View Full Version : Big sistem problems!!!

worldpease
03-11-2005, 11:38 PM
I have big software probles on my computer
and Im tarting to get desperate.
First, like a week ago, my "Norton SystemWorks 2005" wouldn't work anymore, so I un-installed it and tryed to install it again, but it couldn't be done, it Pops an error during the instalation... I haven't been able ti fix that.
And then, well, I have my Internet start page to "about:blank", but no maters what I do, allways I star IE, it takes me to this unknown "search website", and also, with some sites, when I click on a link, it starts to load but sudently it takes me to the site I mentioned.
Freaking crap, what do you sugest I do?

Ooh, and also, my Ares won't conect anymore.

Snee
03-11-2005, 11:47 PM
You have a browser hijacker.

Have you got any anti-spyware tools installed?

And you've prolly got another trojan as well, if it isn't the same thing doing the norton thing.

Try an online virus scanner.

DanB
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
be careful with the tarts, you don't want teh herpes too

RPerry
03-12-2005, 12:57 AM
also, which error is popping up when you try to install system works ? :huh:
is it saying you have to uninstall NAV perhaps ?

worldpease
03-12-2005, 01:57 AM
You have a browser hijacker.

Have you got any anti-spyware tools installed?

And you've prolly got another trojan as well, if it isn't the same thing doing the norton thing.
Try an online virus scanner.
I went kindda in that direction, but actully got an AntiVirus (Panda), and when installing, it took like 30 mins. and after finishing, it took like another 30 detecting and fixin stuff.
Now the internet link problems seem to be gone.
And so far, no PopUps! :D

About the Norton Instalation Error,
well, that's the thing, it just says 'it was an error, instalation can't be completed'.
I still have to check that, but for now, thigs seem to be goin good.

peat moss
03-12-2005, 02:01 AM
Have you tryed the link from rossco ? The hijack one? It seems to be a great help in problems like this.

worldpease
03-12-2005, 03:03 AM
What link from Rossco?, He hasn't replied !

edit: sorry man, you meant the tread he made!
I just checked it and I might add, its very good, I already use HijackThis, so
it could be helpful, Thanks.

tesco
03-12-2005, 03:25 AM
You do have a spyware scanner too right? you should use get one if you dont ahve one and do some scans to cleanup whatever was on your computer.

peat moss
03-12-2005, 03:25 AM
I'm sorry worldpeace, your a faster typer than me . I'm too slow! You posted your fix while I'm still looking for links and typing . :lol:

worldpease
03-12-2005, 03:39 AM
lol... but thanks man, for the interest.

and yea, I have SpyBot, Ms AntiSpyware and as I mentioned, HijackThis too,
but since none of them seemed to have any efect no matter how many times I used them, well, Im asuming it had much to do with the fact I had no AntiVirus at the moment.
Now everything seems to be working fine.

peat moss
03-12-2005, 04:42 AM
No antivirus ? Whatch you talking about Willies ? :D Glad you got it it sorted ! :)