PDA

View Full Version : Serious computer problem , when starting up.

Formula1
03-12-2005, 02:57 AM
It seems that when i start up my computer and then go into Bios, the computer will freeze right inside bios after like 30 seconds. When i restart the pc , and wait for windows to load up , after logging into my windows account , the screen of my computer will instantly turn black and sstay like that. I tried going into bios again and the very same thing occurs. I've checked to see that every hard ware is hooked up properly and i restarted cmos, but problem still occurs. I'm not sure , but i think the problem for this could be that , before these series of events happenning , i went into bios and selected load OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS for every thing in "Genie BIOS" . I'm wodering if anyone knows how i could solve this problem , or knows exactly what is wrong

worldpease
03-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Have you messed lately with the files in the Windows or System32 files?
have you tried starting the PC in safe mode?

Formula1
03-12-2005, 03:21 AM
No to the first question

and to the second question...

No not yet , i'll try that :(

tesco
03-12-2005, 03:22 AM
Have you messed lately with the files in the Windows or System32 files?
have you tried starting the PC in safe mode?
Hmm but his computer is freezing in the bios. :ermm:

What's the CPU temperature? (look in the bios, try to get it before the comp freezes. :P)

Formula1
03-12-2005, 05:37 PM
CPU Temperature is about 37C , worldpease's suggestion doesnt work. I've checked a again to make sure all hard ware are secured. While i was burning a dvd file , my pc all of a sudden froze :(

Formula1
03-12-2005, 06:44 PM
looks like the bios problem has been solved, but when i tried to burn a dvd file with nero , my computer froze :( , anyone know the problem, i made sure the dvd burner was properly hooked :(

fkdup74
03-12-2005, 07:52 PM
went into bios and selected load OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS for every thing in "Genie BIOS" .

well, if you're quick enough....hehe.....
boot into the BIOS again and try setting it to fail safe defaults,
if you can get it selected before the BIOS freezes
(should only take a few seconds to get to the selection)
then hit F10 (or whatever your save & exit hotkey is)

Snee
03-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Aren't ther a jumper or some other means to clear cmos you could have tried? Just out of curiosity.

fkdup74
03-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Aren't ther a jumper or some other means to clear cmos you could have tried? Just out of curiosity.

DOH!
yeah, that should clear the optimized settings
(i never seem to think of the easy way to do things) :lol:

if not, there's always pulling the battery out for a few seconds
but assuming the PC was NEW in september, there should be a jumper