03-14-2005, 05:31 PM
its making rattling noises :(

what do i do?

i have x-620, its a 8" sub....

its about 7 months old i think... :frusty:

i cant live without subwoofers :crying: :crying:

DarthInsinuate
03-14-2005, 06:05 PM
could be loose casing, or does something rattle inside if you shake it?

Virtualbody1234
03-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Warranty?

Spicker
03-14-2005, 08:13 PM
you know who has the greatest customer service ever???

LOGITECH

i called them up told them the problem and asked me for the QC passed code and then asked for my address and told me they'd ship the new one (they are going to ship me a whole new set not just the subwoofer) also i get to keep my old ones :clap:

and yea i shook it up and it is loose but then i cant tighten the screw :S i just keeps on spinning :(

how do i tighten it?

so i can sell the new RMA ones :D

I love Logitech :D

tesco
03-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Mine is also kind of rattley sometimes, but if i kick it it stops.
No big deal but maybe i'll get my dad to call logitech and get a new pair of free ones. :shifty:

Livy
03-14-2005, 09:01 PM
get a bigger screw so it bores the hole bigger and grips in, or move the screw up a little. or put superglue in the hole, put the screw in, and make sure its held tight until the glue sets.

AndrewBarker
03-14-2005, 09:35 PM
The "Polar Express" burnt mine out yesterday :(

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-15-2005, 02:37 AM
so you got an rma over a loose screw that holds the speaker to the box?! is that right? i was thinking it rattled cuz the dust cap was comming off or something, but a loose mounting screw, lol I build car subwoofer boxes, and i thought i could help, but a screw..........man you gotta love logitech for sure on that one. :) I have creative speakers and the little volume pad is going bad..............I wonder if theyll send me a whole new set of speakers for that, lol

Spicker
03-15-2005, 02:49 AM
lol..

i cant take the screw out either...i think there is a nut on the other end :01:

now i gotta find a way to take the whole thing apart...damn things....ill post a pic when i plan to do it...so u guys can get excited by bolts and nuts ;) :lol:

tesco
03-15-2005, 02:58 AM
I tried fixing mine once but there's nothing on the outside/main circuit thing that is loose.

It's almost impossible to get to anything else in the subwoofer without cracking open the casing. :(

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-15-2005, 02:58 AM
take a flat knife, like a butter knife and pry out on the speaker right next to the screw while you turn the screw, if theres a nut on the other end, it should spin off if you put enough pressure on it.

hungrylilboy
03-15-2005, 01:18 PM

TheDave
03-15-2005, 01:22 PM
you know who has the greatest customer service ever???

LOGITECH

i called them up told them the problem and asked me for the QC passed code and then asked for my address and told me they'd ship the new one (they are going to ship me a whole new set not just the subwoofer) also i get to keep my old ones :clap:

and yea i shook it up and it is loose but then i cant tighten the screw :S i just keeps on spinning :(

how do i tighten it?

so i can sell the new RMA ones :D

I love Logitech :D
sounds like it's open to abuse.

i'll PM you my address :shifty:

Spicker
03-15-2005, 01:53 PM
i just bought CREATIVE INSPIRE 6700 6.1 speakers with a wooden sub. They are amazing. Came with enough pre cut cables to do an entire room and loads left over (big room), nice little stands, wired remote and look cool. And are soooo loud. I cant turn the bass full up cos it hurts! lol
Well i bet u didnt get those for $50 CDN :shifty:

i got my x-620 for $50 CDN :cool:

I cant turn the bass full up cos it hurts!
You can never have enough bass :ermm:

hungrylilboy
03-15-2005, 05:19 PM

Supernatural
03-15-2005, 07:31 PM
It's not really open to abuse, because all Logitech subs will only function with the appropiate control pod for that model. The connection is proprietary and will not work with other control pods.

Spicker
03-15-2005, 07:57 PM
It's not really open to abuse, because all Logitech subs will only function with the appropiate control pod for that model. The connection is proprietary and will not work with other control pods.
lol read again..

They are giving me the Whole Set again...which will include all the speakers including the control pod ;)

Supernatural
03-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Lucky. I got my sub RMAed last week and all I got was a stinkin brand new sub that works awesome. :(

Mïcrösöül°V³
03-15-2005, 08:33 PM
i have the creative 7.1, and trust me, the bass is excellent, but that little control pod is turning into a pos.

hungrylilboy
03-15-2005, 08:39 PM

Spicker
03-18-2005, 01:58 AM
update:
the screw wasnt the problem.. the back where u plug in the speakers it had gone in a little because i pulled the speaker out when i was moving the stuff to the basement...:01:

so i slid the thing back and it snapped right in and now its working :D

w00t!

sorry no pix :P didnt have to open it ;)

Spicker
03-18-2005, 08:06 PM
k i got the speakers today...

new in box..

what do i do now?
sell them? :01:?

lynx
03-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Hide them under the dog.

Isn't that what you do with all sub-woofers? :blink:

Spicker
03-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Hide them under the dog.

Isn't that what you do with all sub-woofers? :blink:
:lol:

i didnt get it the first time i read it...then i came back after 2 hours and read it again and now i get it :lol:
:wacko:

should i:
get a mp3 player
get HL2 plus some cash
get something for my xbox :wacko: (its modded etc. etc.)
memory
video card :ermm:
fst?

Supernatural
03-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Get whichever you have the greatest need for.